Midnighter Vs The Shadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MIDNIGHTER-color_580_54d44587ae0d50.88049035.jpg

The man with the computer in his brain versus the man who can cloud men's minds.
No prep. No BFR. Midtown Manhattan at night.
Wildstorm Midnighter.
Either an amalgam or the best of, the many Shadow comics incarnations.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/5/52462/2844777-shadowyo02covwagnervirgince.jpg

Surtur
I would think Midnighter punches Shadows head clean off. Especially since I recall Wildstorm Midnighter has some level of super speed?

riv6672
Well, i've seen Shadow do well versus Superman here (surprised the crap out of me), via his mental powers, but maybe all his backers that day arent posting any more. stick out tongue

Khazra Reborn
I don't know how far Shadow's mental clouding can go these days, but Mids has a solid skill and physical edge. So, unless Shadow has amassed some crazy feats in recent years, if it comes to an actual fight Midnighter should win solidly.

DarkSaint85
Does the Shadow's powers work on machines? I.e. Midnighter's battle computer.

riv6672
Not sure, but Mids has some brain in there, right?

Scoobless
Originally posted by riv6672
Not sure, but Mids has some brain in there, right?

Yeah.

The problem here is that the computer parts scan, assess weaknesses and formulate strategies (probably combined with the users brain power) but it shouldn't get fooled by the Shadows trick invisibility IMO.

If he doesn't "read" as invisible; he has little to no chance of winning.

If invisible; he might put a bullet through Midnighter's brain (and the computer there-attached)

Galan007
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't know how far Shadow's mental clouding can go these days, but Mids has a solid skill and physical edge. So, unless Shadow has amassed some crazy feats in recent years, if it comes to an actual fight Midnighter should win solidly. His hypnosis recently failed against Grendel, for what it's worth.

riv6672
Given the quasi mystic aspects of both characters I find that easier to believe than i would Midnighter tanking it, actually.

While i'm not saying Shadow wins (i'm really not), i want to say why i made the fight.
Its not the type Midnighter usually engages in, and Shadow isnt disposable villain fodder, or over an powered straight ahead foe, he's an A list crafty opponent with a unique power set.
Subtlety might work where brute force would fail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.