U.S /Mexico/Canada Vs Russia/China/North Korea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
U.S.A
Mexico
Canada

Vs

Russia
China
North korea

Conventional war who wins?

No Europeans involved..

Omega Vision
Mexico is basically irrelevant here. They don't have the ability to project power far beyond their own borders, and Russia and China will probably never be able to launch significant attacks against them, so they might as well not be here.

I'm of the belief that in a conventional war Canada could hold its own against Russia quite well one-on-one--the Canadians engage in Arctic Wargames with the USA all the time and often come out on top, which should mean they can deal with whatever Russia could throw across the Arctic Circle.

Star428
Mexico? LOL. They're a non-factor. Even just U.S. and Canada alone (arguably, U.S. could win by themselves) though would be enough to win although it would be a very long and drawn out war.

Supermex
lol yea I was just trying to keep it to the North America's vs Russia, China and North Korea

Q99
North Korea doesn't add much. They add less than Mexico, which has a stronger economy and more people.

Yes, NK has more soldiers, but they're all defensively based.

The US is already stronger than the opposing trio, adding Mexico and Canada is icing on the cake.

Supermex
If your the U.S and Canada.. How would you make use of Mexico for the war here?

Same with Russia and China.. How would they better be served in useing N.Korea ?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Supermex

Same with Russia and China.. How would they better be served in useing N.Korea ? Catapults for both questions

Bentley
US/North Korea/Mexico vs Russia/Canada/China is more of a fight.

Q99
Originally posted by Supermex

Have them train up a lot of forces, and send experts to help them build more ships- they have plenty of ports to the task.

In a fight this big, *everyone* is going to have to expand, and a country of 121 million is *quite useful*. They have more people of military age than Canada or North Korea has people, and they also have a higher GDP than Canada (and North Korea's GDP is... practically non-existent in comparison. Like, I do).

And their navy outclasses NKs in every area except submarines (which Mexico doesn't use) and landing craft (which are useless against any foe that's not South Korea). The Mexican navy is less powerful than Canada's, but not all that much less powerful, that is to say, at present quite small compared to the big navies in this fight (US, Russia, China).

In a big, long fight, which this is, they're more useful than Canada.

It's easy to forget when they're next to the US, and when both our neighbors are geographically large, but if you put Mexico among most other countries, they'd be a major powerhouse in comparison. Economically, Mexico + Canada >= Russia.

Hope their government doesn't collapse mid-war?

They have a lot of soldiers, but I'm not exactly sure how to deploy them to best effect here. I mean, they effectively only have a brown water navy, which is of little use on the ocean side, unlike Mexico and Canada they don't even have naval experience. They're also terribly poor and don't have a lot of resources, the other countries would have to funnel money to them for them to build anything.

Mexico City is literally an order of magnitude richer than their country.

I suppose use their people as garrisons and such to free up Chinese and Russian personal, but they're only useful defensively really.

Newjak
What are the goals for this war. What are both sides trying to accomplish?

Q99
I assume at bare minimum, "make the other side give up on attacking and agreed to a treaty that clearly favors the other side."

Supermex
Originally posted by Q99
I assume at bare minimum, "make the other side give up on attacking and agreed to a treaty that clearly favors the other side."

Yea what he saidsmile

Genesis-Soldier
i would like to think that the north Koreans would be the first to die off

S_W_LeGenD
USA is capable of defeating any country in a conventional conflict .

However, if occupation is an objective - USA have actually demonstrated the capability to overwhelm the defenses of and occupy two countries at a time - but it doesn't have an army that is large enough to simultaneously occupy geographically gigantic countries such as Russia and China along with North Korea. Even with support of Mexican and Canadian military forces, an occupation of this scale is not feasible. The best USA can do is to cripple these nations militarily and then dictate political terms.

Similarly, Russia, China, and North Korea do not have the military capability to simultaneously occupy geographically gigantic countries such as USA and Canada along side Mexico. While Russia, China, and North Korea can collectively field a huge army, they lack the naval capability to use it to occupy nations across the ocean. Heck, they may not be able to overwhelm the military might of USA even with joint effort. The best they can do is attack US cities with long-range Ballistic Missiles.

Therefore, victory in this war would depend upon how the conflict occurred and what were the objectives.

Q99
Lesse, a doable objective would be to get Russia and China to cede some islands, give up on contested claims they currently want (not contested with the US, but with some other nations), and, I dunno what NK could even offer. But I doubt their regime could survive much strain anyway.

In return, I guess the best the R/C/NK alliance could hope for is to defend it's territory. Maybe get the US to withdraw support from some countries in the region and recognize Chinese and Russian claims in contested areas...? It's not like they're going to win, but I think that's about as best as they could hope for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.