Anakin Skywalker (ROTS) vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Anakin faces Maul on the ship where he fought Dooku.

Maul is before his bisection.

Who wins?

Trocity
Anakin

Kotor3
Anakin rapes.

quanchi112
Darth Maul wins.

Juk3n
Maul dispatched Qui-Gon and was manhandling both Qui and young Obi. It's hard to guage Dooku vs Qui-Gon. Im sure Dooks wouldn't have been able to pull of force chokes or force pushes against QGJ or Maul, though Obi-Wan has always been suseptable to force powers used by darksiders, its a strike against Anakins force power that he wasn't able to do what others have done so easily, use force powers on obi.

Id say Maul wins. In Force use and Sabre Skill. Juyo is beast and Anakin isn't a master at this point.

Maul beats Qui-Gon + Young Obi, Maul can use force powers vs Obi, Dooku can use force powers vs Obi, Anakin can't use force powers vs Obi.

playa1258
Anakin mastered his fighting style and destroyed Dooku faster than even Yoda. Anakin on the invisible hand was fighting with a clear head and not like a idiot like on Mustafar.

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
Darth Maul wins.

Based on?

BruceSkywalker
Anakin takes care of business

Trocity
Originally posted by Juk3n
Maul beats Qui-Gon + Young Obi, Maul can use force powers vs Obi, Dooku can use force powers vs Obi, Anakin can't use force powers vs Obi.

If we're playing that card, since Anakin's emotions were hindering him in the Kenobi fight but the movie doesn't specify that, I could just as easily point to him stomping Dooku casually when he is focused earlier in the film.

And Movie Dooku is > Movie Maul.

ares834
Anakin wins.

carthage
The chosen one wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Based on? His fight against Qui and Kenobi. He was superior to both. Anakin has more losses than the current New York Knicks roster.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Anakin wins. Incorrect.

Robtard
Anakin faces Maul on the ship where he fought Dooku.

Maul is before his bisection.

Who wins?

Anakin takes this. As a Jedi Knight he has beaten Dooku, a Sith Lord.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Anakin takes this. As a Jedi Knight he has beaten Dooku, a Sith Lord. What makes you think Dooku would beat Maul ? Obi still bested Anakin after this after Dooku bested Obi. Abc logic doesn't always work, see.

playa1258
Obi won against Maul when he was a padawan. Anakin lost because of a critical mistake. Obi-wan also trained and was uniquely qualified to fight him. Maul does not have the same advantages.

quanchi112
Obi won against Maul when he was a padawan. Anakin lost because of a critical mistake. Obi-wan also trained and was uniquely qualified to fight him. Maul does not have the same advantages. So you ignore the fact Maul had him tactically beaten and was taunting him and then forget to mention Obi specifically told Vader not to be a dumbass. He tried to spare the idiot. Maul has always been portrayed as greater than Obi in the clone wars series as well.

playa1258
If Maul was so superior to Anakin, then why did Palpatine ditch Maul for Anakin?

quanchi112
If Maul was so superior to Anakin, then why did Palpatine ditch Maul for Anakin? He had a higher potential which he never reached. Do you need me to explain anything else to you ?

playa1258
We have that clear at least.

EmperorSidious2
Anakin.

quanchi112
We have that clear at least. Really though Maul barely clung to life and his replacement was Dooku. I've always felt Maul was the better warrior. I bet Disney has some plans for Maul since he isn't dead.

playa1258
Maybe we will see.

quanchi112
Maybe we will see. Maul was the best part of the clone wars series.

Trocity
Tyranus is better than Maul, though not by a wide margin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Tyranus is better than Maul, though not by a wide margin. Based on ?

Trocity
His Force feats are noticeably superior and his dueling skills are marginally superior.

quanchi112
His Force feats are noticeably superior and his dueling skills are marginally superior. I do agree he had more knowledge of the force but he wasn't as agile or as gifted with a light saber as Maul.

EmperorSidious2
In dueling Dooku is more refined and experienced than Maul. He has the better feats also. I believe being gifted, both were but Dooku is better IMO in one of two ways or both. Would win more battles with the lightsaber or is better gifted. Maul being better fit means nothing as Dooku has successfully taken on opponents half his age and less.

DTM
Im going to support ROTS Anakin as well. Maul will make him work for it, and this would be one Heck of a fight, but I see Anakin as more powerful in the force, and with Jedi/Sith that goes a long way in a lightsaber battle.

Star428
Anakin wins. He beat Dooku and Dooku is > Maul.

Juk3n

And Movie Dooku is > Movie Maul.

Dooku was dispatched by Anakin quickly, yet yoda wasn't able to? what is your logic saying here? Mine was to the comparison that both Anakin (at his peak) and Maul has fought Obi-Wan. And Anakin displayed neither the martial prowess or the force wielding to an extent enough to get him a win, unlike maul who casually dismantled Obi and His master.

Kotor3
What makes you think Dooku would beat Maul ? Obi still bested Anakin after this after Dooku bested Obi. Abc logic doesn't always work, see. Because Padawan Obi wan did.

Kotor3
Tyranus is better than Maul, though not by a wide margin. Yes he is. Maul is nothing special. Anakin would rape him quickly.

Trocity
Dooku was dispatched by Anakin quickly, yet yoda wasn't able to? what is your logic saying here? Mine was to the comparison that both Anakin (at his peak) and Maul has fought Obi-Wan. And Anakin displayed neither the martial prowess or the force wielding to an extent enough to get him a win, unlike maul who casually dismantled Obi and His master.

Very faulty logic here.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Kotor3
Because Padawan Obi wan did.

Gloating aside, the fight was over as soon as Obi went over the ledge. Obi didn't defeat Maul with his knowledge of the Force or his skill with a sabre, Maul defeated himself through arrogance.

Juk3n
Very faulty logic here.

Choppy logic for sure, but im also of the opinion that what Dooku did to Obi and Ani in episode 2, he wouldn't have been able to do to Qui-Gon and Obi. Force use in combat is a big decider when two masters are duelling, Maul is a combat force user. wheter he can use it on Ani is a different matter.

Kotor3

Robtard
What makes you think Dooku would beat Maul ? Obi still bested Anakin after this after Dooku bested Obi. Abc logic doesn't always work, see.

Superior film feats: Defeated a Jedi Knight and exceptional Padawan. Came close to matching Yoda, a highly ranked Master. Defeated Obi, now as a Jedi Master.

What makes you think Maul would defeat Dooku?

juggerman
What makes you think Maul would defeat Dooku?

He can twirl his glow stick very fast!!!!

playa1258
Quan hates Anakin therefore he loses.

relentless1
Tyranus was superior to Maul, based on the ease in which he dispatched both Anakin and Obi Wan in ep 2 whereas Maul, idiot he was had the advantage but lost it to a rookie Obi Wan, by the time we see Kenobi in ep 3 he is at the height of his prowess which is why, when you see Anakin attempt to use Force abilities on him they cancel each other out; both are on top of their game, another idiot choice by a Sith cost Anakin the fight, nothing else. In closing, Anakin would destroy Maul.

Qui Gon < Maul < Tyranus < Obi Wan (ep 3) = Anakin (ep 3) < Windu < Yoda = Sidious

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Star428
Anakin wins. He beat Dooku and Dooku is > Maul.

This.

Yes he is. Maul is nothing special. Anakin would rape him quickly.

Wrong. Maul is special. He is one of the most powerful and deadliest Sith Lords in the entire history of the Sith. As confirmed by both the old and new canon.

Being under Dooku and Anakin does not mean he's not anything special. 99% of Jedi and Sith are below those 2.

quanchi112
Because Padawan Obi wan did. He was disarmed and Maui was taunting him. Obi used his anger and maul used the opening Obi gave him to force push him into a defenseless position. Maul took them both on at once. Anakin lost to Obi after a long fight he wasn't able to best an inferior opponent.

quanchi112
Quan hates Anakin therefore he loses. Untrue.

quanchi112
Superior film feats: Defeated a Jedi Knight and exceptional Padawan. Came close to matching Yoda, a highly ranked Master. Defeated Obi, now as a Jedi Master.

What makes you think Maul would defeat Dooku? He effectively fled Yoda but really his attacks were slow while Yoda reacted after the fact. Maul seems more acrobatic and more maneuverable than Dooku. Maul's superior athleticism and maneuverability gets him the win.

NemeBro
Maul could use that athleticism and maneuverability to run away from Dooku. Nothing more.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Maul could use that athleticism and maneuverability to run away from Dooku. Nothing more. Based on ? Dooku got waxed pretty easily by Anakin via skill. That shit wouldn't ever happen to Maul by Anakin. Best part is Obi beat Anakin at the end of the film.

NemeBro
Based on ? Dooku got waxed pretty easily by Anakin via skill. That shit wouldn't ever happen to Maul by Anakin. Best part is Obi beat Anakin at the end of the film. So Obi>Anakin>Dooku>Obi>Anakin?

Anakin would also beat Maul.

quanchi112
So Obi>Anakin>Dooku>Obi>Anakin?

Anakin would also beat Maul. Maul is greater than them all.

Nah, Anakin would lose to Maul worse than when he lost to Obi.

NemeBro
When who lost to Obi?

Maul?

Cause Obi sure did cut him in half. Back when he was a padawan, in fact.

quanchi112
When who lost to Obi?

Maul?

Cause Obi sure did cut him in half. Back when he was a padawan, in fact. Maul had him beaten. He also beat him again in the clone wars series.

Obi sure beat Anakin. Anakin ever disarmed him and lost despite Obi saying please don't make me thrash you. Poor Anny.

playa1258
Anakin was the most skilled fighter shown in the prequels outside of the big 3 of Sidious,Yoda and Windu.

quanchi112
Anakin was the most skilled fighter shown in the prequels outside of the big 3 of Sidious,Yoda and Windu. Nah. Despite that claim it didn't save him against Obi.

playa1258
Yeah losing to a Jedi Master, who taught him everything he knows and took advantage of Anakin's emotions means Maul will too.

quanchi112
Yeah losing to a Jedi Master, who taught him everything he knows and took advantage of Anakin's emotions means Maul will too. Obi was inferior and he actually tried helping him. Anakin was so regarded he jumped anyways. Maul beats this idiot.

playa1258
Nope. Maul would try to outpower Anakin and would lose badly. Anakin would put Maul out of his misery after disarming him and finishing him with a force choke.

quanchi112
Nope. Maul would try to outpower Anakin and would lose badly. Anakin would put Maul out of his misery after disarming him and finishing him with a force choke. Nah, Maul was smart and bested Obi who gave into his hatred with a well timed force push. He beats the emotional idiot. He isn't going to warn him like Obi.

playa1258
Maul does not have the feats to prove he could be Anakin.

quanchi112
Maul does not have the feats to prove he could be Anakin. Qui and Obi. Obi is the same guy who beat Anakin.

Time-Immemorial
Everyone here is trolling Quan.

Maul wins this one..regardless of what anyone says.

Dooku was a pussy. Maul beats him.

/thread

EmperorSidious2
Maul is greater than them all.

Nah, Anakin would lose to Maul worse than when he lost to Obi.

Maul is below two possibly 3 of them. Dooku is defiantly the better of almost all. With Anakin coming in a close second. Than maul might be above kenobi, I'm not sure but the two are interchangeable.

Anakin is actually better than obi wan. Anakin was just overconfident.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Maul is below two possibly 3 of them. Dooku is defiantly the better of almost all. With Anakin coming in a close second. Than maul might be above kenobi, I'm not sure but the two are interchangeable.

Anakin is actually better than obi wan. Anakin was just overconfident.

Who gives a phuck, Maul wins this, he handled two jedi's better then Dooku did.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Then lost got his arse cut in half. While Dooku took on the more advanced version of the one who killed him and beat him every single time along with Anakin. Dooku>Maul. So to is Anakin.

Time-Immemorial
Then lost got his arse cut in half. While Dooku took on the more advanced version of the one who killed him and beat him every single time along with Anakin. Dooku>Maul. So to is Anakin.

By a cheap attack.

So no.

His saber skills were above anyone on screen to date.

ares834
Palpatine shit stomped Maul in a duel. erm

Maul is more or less on par with Kenobi.

Time-Immemorial
I'm not debating EU Clone Wars Series, never seen it.

Based on TPM Maul was above everyone on saber skills. Palps even knew it, Ben won by cheap shot. Maul had him dead to rights.

Trocity
The Clone Wars show isn't EU, it is canon.

Palpatine shits on Maul. Dooku is better also.

ares834
I'm not debating EU Clone Wars Series, never seen it.

Based on TPM Maul was above everyone on saber skills. Palps even knew it, Ben won by cheap shot. Maul had him dead to rights.

Lol

Even if we restrict it to the films Palpatine killed three Jedi masters in seconds. He is way beyond Maul.

Time-Immemorial
The Clone Wars show isn't EU, it is canon.

Palpatine shits on Maul. Dooku is better also.

In your opinion maybe, screen feats say otherwise. Maul was boss.

Time-Immemorial
Lol

Even if we restrict it to the films Palpatine killed three Jedi masters in seconds. He is way beyond Maul.

This is Anakin vs Maul is it not? Im not debating Palps vs Maul. When he sent Maul in, he knew he was going to clean house.

ares834
You said he was the most skilled duelist. He isn't.

Time-Immemorial
You said he was the most skilled duelist. He isn't.

Excuse me, besides the obvious...

EmperorSidious2
By a cheap attack.

So no.

Troll and fanboy. This shows that Dooku is much smarter than maul. Also just on screen, Dooku far out classes maul. All maul has is killing one Jedi master who it took him several minutes to do, and then got killed by his apprentice. Dooku has

1) knocked Anakin out unconscious with force lightning

2) challenged yoda with his force lightning

3) was regarded by yoda as becoming powerful than what he had been

4) defeating both Obi wan and Anakin

5) disarming Aankin

6) shows better use of TK

7) mauls blade has a crushing weakness that he can't hide

8) Dooku is much better than qui gon

Time-Immemorial
You calling me a fanboy? Lol.

You named yourself after a fan boy fetish of your own.

Look who's trolling.

EmperorSidious2
You calling me a fanboy? Lol.

You named yourself after a fan boy fetish of your own.

Look who's trolling.

Yes im calling you a fanboy. I've seen your post.

I named myself after a person who I liked a lot at the time I made this account.

You. Look at your post.

playa1258
Qui and Obi. Obi is the same guy who beat Anakin.

Nope he was a Jedi Master with a decade more of training and a huge power increase.

Time-Immemorial
Yes im calling you a fanboy. I've seen your post.

I named myself after a person who I liked a lot at the time I made this account.

You. Look at your post.

Yes I was trolling. You caught me.

relentless1

no way dude, Maul had a spirited fight with both Qui Gon and Obi while Dooku shook both Anakin and Obi with ease BOTH times until Anakin tapped into the dark side and got the better of him

Kotor3
Originally posted by Darth Thor
This.

Wrong. Maul is special. He is one of the most powerful and deadliest Sith Lords in the entire history of the Sith. As confirmed by both the old and new canon.

Being under Dooku and Anakin does not mean he's not anything special. 99% of Jedi and Sith are below those 2. Do you know who many Sith Lords in canon the title of deadliest Sith has been given to. As for 99% of Jedi and Sith being under him is as laughable as it gets.

When it comes to the top dogs who the has Maul beaten? If you are comparing Maul to the top Siths of all time then you are definitely joking. You know he might make # 10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kotor3
He was disarmed and Maui was taunting him. Obi used his anger and maul used the opening Obi gave him to force push him into a defenseless position. Maul took them both on at once. Anakin lost to Obi after a long fight he wasn't able to best an inferior opponent. Wrong, Maul did not take them both at once. Maul gave ground and fled throughout the whole fight.

As I stated previous, Maul was saved from Qui Gon's onslaught by the shields. The shields also allowed him to have a one on one and not face both at the same time.

Maul is garbage, get over it. That had to bring him magically back in clone wars to try to give him some merit in the Sith world since he was taken out so quickly in the movies.

quanchi112

Anakin is actually better than obi wan. Anakin was just overconfident. No, Dooku isn't. Dooku was better than maul but got waxed by Anakin who later got wrecked by Obi. Maul was only beaten soundly by Palpatine who'd dust Dooku, Anakin, etc.

Anakin had a long time to prove it. He couldn't disarm and fell because he was stupid. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Nope he was a Jedi Master with a decade more of training and a huge power increase. Maul bested Obi in the clone wars series. Anakin lost. Straight up despite his emo rants.

Robtard
He effectively fled Yoda but really his attacks were slow while Yoda reacted after the fact. Maul seems more acrobatic and more maneuverable than Dooku. Maul's superior athleticism and maneuverability gets him the win.

Posting feats that are inferior to the ones I listed isn't the way to prove your stance, see.

ie "Can do better flips" isn't a proper debating point. As it stands, Dooku defeats Maul due to superior screen-feats. Same as (ROTS)Anakin > Maul, due to superior screen feats.

quanchi112
Wrong, Maul did not take them both at once. Maul gave ground and fled throughout the whole fight.

As I stated previous, Maul was saved from Qui Gon's onslaught by the shields. The shields also allowed him to have a one on one and not face both at the same time.

Maul is garbage, get over it. That had to bring him magically back in clone wars to try to give him some merit in the Sith world since he was taken out so quickly in the movies. Yes, Maul did you liar. Maul gave ground but he still fought then despite the handicap.

Maul killed Qui. Divide and conquer. You can't ignore the fact maul bested Hun one in one and later disarmed a raging Obi.

Maul is exceptional and sidious called him a rival. That's called a fact. You're biased opinion isn't. That's why I'm better than you because I cite evidence, girl.

EmperorSidious2
No, Dooku isn't. Dooku was better than maul but got waxed by Anakin who later got wrecked by Obi. Maul was only beaten soundly by Palpatine who'd dust Dooku, Anakin, etc.

Anakin had a long time to prove it. He couldn't disarm and fell because he was stupid. laughing out loud

Ok , maul is strong and powerful yes. But he isn't on the level of power Dooku is. The author of SOD even states that mauls power in the force is not on dookus level. Add to the fact Dooku has much 50+ years worth of experience with the blade and palpatine by the time he was his apprentice had really nothing else to teach Dooku in terms of lightsaber combat. Considering SOD maul is his prime, and Dooku is clearly above him in every way except physical. Dooku is clearly the better of these two. He is definitly better than Obi wan. Also depending on how look at it, he's better than Anakin. If you take him getting angry or him just normal. If normal Dooku wins, if angry Anakin wins.

He is better than Obi wan.

playa1258
Maul has a hard time beating people he can't straight overpower. He would not overpower Anakin and it would result in his death.

Kotor3
Yes, Maul did you liar. Maul gave ground but he still fought then despite the handicap.

Maul killed Qui. Divide and conquer. You can't ignore the fact maul bested Hun one in one and later disarmed a raging Obi.

Maul is exceptional and sidious called him a rival. That's called a fact. You're biased opinion isn't. That's why I'm better than you because I cite evidence, girl. Wrong. You must be blind. Maul ran like a the little girl that he is. The shields save Maul. Maul used no strategy. He got back into the shields. He didn't even know they were there.

That is why I know you are trolling and never saw the movie because you would know that Maul was not aware of the shields when he hit them with his saber to see if he could get through.

So Mauls is a panzy who ran and lost.

quanchi112
Ok , maul is strong and powerful yes. But he isn't on the level of power Dooku is. The author of SOD even states that mauls power in the force is not on dookus level. Add to the fact Dooku has much 50+ years worth of experience with the blade and palpatine by the time he was his apprentice had really nothing else to teach Dooku in terms of lightsaber combat. Considering SOD maul is his prime, and Dooku is clearly above him in every way except physical. Dooku is clearly the better of these two. He is definitly better than Obi wan. Also depending on how look at it, he's better than Anakin. If you take him getting angry or him just normal. If normal Dooku wins, if angry Anakin wins.

He is better than Obi wan. I never said his force powers were on his level I said his athleticism and skill with a lightsaber beats Dooku.

Nah, Anakin was superior to him and had doubled his powers by the time of their second fight. Dooku also agitated him so he's the idiot. Maul defeated Obi who fed off the hate of seeing his master beaten by maul.

The only one he got roasted by Obi in fair combat was Anakin. Maul had him beaten and was taunting him.

quanchi112
Maul has a hard time beating people he can't straight overpower. He would not overpower Anakin and it would result in his death. He didn't over
Lower Obi to beat him. He also beat Qui due to skill, boy.

quanchi112
Wrong. You must be blind. Maul ran like a the little girl that he is. The shields save Maul. Maul used no strategy. He got back into the shields. He didn't even know they were there.

That is why I know you are trolling and never saw the movie because you would know that Maul was not aware of the shields when he hit them with his saber to see if he could get through.

So Mauls is a panzy who ran and lost. Maul knew his surroundings. We see him clearly use his force powers and know his surroundings throughout the fight. Qui ran like a little ***** when maul initially took him on prior to the two on one. That's running like a girl. You're bad at this.

He tested them. He was aware they were there. Did he run into them and die ? Nah.

Maul beat Qui. Maul then disarmed Obi. Two on one isn't fair, kiddo.

EmperorSidious2
I never said his force powers were on his level I said his athleticism and skill with a lightsaber beats Dooku.

Nah, Anakin was superior to him and had doubled his powers by the time of their second fight. Dooku also agitated him so he's the idiot. Maul defeated Obi who fed off the hate of seeing his master beaten by maul.

The only one he got roasted by Obi in fair combat was Anakin. Maul had him beaten and was taunting him.

Maul is defiantly better fit but even that won't save him from Dooku. In terms of skill with the blade Dooku cleary outclasses him in every since of the word. He has more experience, his weapon has less problems to compensate for, and his style is better suited for a lightsaber to lightsaber contest, he has way more experience and better feats.

Anakin in a normal state is not better than Dooku. Dooku was not whipping the floor with him but he had Anakin where he needed him to be. It wasn't until Anakin got mad was when he was able to defeat the count. So with that Dooku isn't an idiot his plan just backfired. His force powers are also still better know ,mafter what. Dooku is greater than Obi in the force. Obi stalemated Aankin in there duel with the force. So with that Dooku is still by this point the superior force weilder and duelist.

Anakin is better than Obi and maul.

playa1258
Yet Obi beat Maul and his brother at the same time.

quanchi112
Yet Obi beat Maul and his brother at the same time. When ?

quanchi112
Maul is defiantly better fit but even that won't save him from Dooku. In terms of skill with the blade Dooku cleary outclasses him in every since of the word. He has more experience, his weapon has less problems to compensate for, and his style is better suited for a lightsaber to lightsaber contest, he has way more experience and better feats.

Anakin in a normal state is not better than Dooku. Dooku was not whipping the floor with him but he had Anakin where he needed him to be. It wasn't until Anakin got mad was when he was able to defeat the count. So with that Dooku isn't an idiot his plan just backfired. His force powers are also still better know ,mafter what. Dooku is greater than Obi in the force. Obi stalemated Aankin in there duel with the force. So with that Dooku is still by this point the superior force weilder and duelist.

Anakin is better than Obi and maul. He lacks the athleticism of Maul. He also was slaughtered by Anakin very quickly.

Says you. We don't take away emotions from characters and pretend they are emotionless. Dooku agitated him so he's a moron according to you. Dead. laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Honestly how the fck are you guys still talking about this stuff?

quanchi112
Honestly how the fck are you guys still talking about this stuff? It is fun.

Time-Immemorial
I guess, it was more fun to see Lob and BW banned.

quanchi112
I guess, it was more fun to see Lob and BW banned. I did think that was funn. Board Walker definitely asked for it as did abhilegend who melted down in his own battlezone he begged for.

EmperorSidious2
He lacks the athleticism of Maul. He also was slaughtered by Anakin very quickly.

Says you. We don't take away emotions from characters and pretend they are emotionless. Dooku agitated him so he's a moron according to you. Dead. laughing out loud

So? Just because he isn't a physically fit means nothing. Dooku was remarked to be in better physical shape than men half his age. He has beaten much younger combatants than himself. Being in better shape isn't going to help maul in this contest as Dooku has successfully beaten people who would be considered in better physical shape. I seem to recall Dooku serving Anakin on a silver plate with ease on a few occasions.

Anakin is better than Obi won. I believe Obi wan himself admits this. Also,Aankain was overconfident. I'm not saying take away his emotions. I'm saying that without that boost Dooku would have won. Fact.

quanchi112
So? Just because he isn't a physically fit means nothing. Dooku was remarked to be in better physical shape than men half his age. He has beaten much younger combatants than himself. Being in better shape isn't going to help maul in this contest as Dooku has successfully beaten people who would be considered in better physical shape. I seem to recall Dooku serving Anakin on a silver plate with ease on a few occasions.

Anakin is better than Obi won. I believe Obi wan himself admits this. Also,Aankain was overconfident. I'm not saying take away his emotions. I'm saying that without that boost Dooku would have won. Fact. So what he isn't as fit as maul so who cares about men half his age, tool. Maul is quicker and more athletic. When Anakin was young and weaker. Sure.

So Anakin lost to an inferior opponent making it even worse for Dooku to get crushed.

laughing out loud

Kotor3
Maul knew his surroundings. We see him clearly use his force powers and know his surroundings throughout the fight. Qui ran like a little ***** when maul initially took him on prior to the two on one. That's running like a girl. You're bad at this.

He tested them. He was aware they were there. Did he run into them and die ? Nah.

Maul beat Qui. Maul then disarmed Obi. Two on one isn't fair, kiddo. Its official you are blind and never saw the movie.

All your points can be sum up as WRONG!

Face it Maul is a panzy. Qui gon would have taken him if it wasn't for the shields. Maul got all the help he could get from the environment and still lost.

I can still see the stupid look on his face as Obi wan jump over his head and cut him in half.

quanchi112
Its official you are blind and never saw the movie.

All your points can be sum up as WRONG!

Face it Maul is a panzy. Qui gon would have taken him if it wasn't for the shields. Maul got all the help he could get from the environment and still lost.

I can still see the stupid look on his face as Obi wan jump over his head and cut him in half. It's official you are biased and ignoring the film.

Maul was trained as Palpatine as his apprentice so that right there shows how badass he was. Palpatine later called him a "rival."

You speculate. They fight one on one and Qui lost. They were both stopped by the shields and Maul won.

Maul lived. Maul also beat him and lost due to taunting. I cite facts while you cite your bloody vagina as proof.

EmperorSidious2
So what he isn't as fit as maul so who cares about men half his age, tool. Maul is quicker and more athletic. When Anakin was young and weaker. Sure.

So Anakin lost to an inferior opponent making it even worse for Dooku to get crushed.

laughing out loud

Maul being in better shape is not going to help him against Dooku. Quicker, I'm not sure as Dooku is pretty fast to. He has beaten Anakin several times before.

Anakin > Obi wan. Get that into your head kid. Depending on which way you take Anakin, Dooku is both better and not better than Anakin.

playa1258
Quan always supports his faves not matter what.

quanchi112
Quan always supports his faves not matter what. I favor Windu over maul and Palpatine and I loathe Windu as a character. It's so easy to prove you wrong. I go with logic and the facts. Always.

quanchi112
Maul being in better shape is not going to help him against Dooku. Quicker, I'm not sure as Dooku is pretty fast to. He has beaten Anakin several times before.

Anakin > Obi wan. Get that into your head kid. Depending on which way you take Anakin, Dooku is both better and not better than Anakin. Anakin is a loser though and Anakin crushed him at his most powerful. Maul is quicker and more athletic therefore he wins.

Obi still won. Who cares. That makes it even worse for Anakin.

playa1258
Maul is not quicker and more athletic than Anakin.

quanchi112
Maul is not quicker and more athletic than Anakin. I think he is but my comments were in reference to Dooku. I also disapproved your laughable theory wrong.

Kotor3
It's official you are biased and ignoring the film.

Maul was trained as Palpatine as his apprentice so that right there shows how badass he was. Palpatine later called him a "rival."

You speculate. They fight one on one and Qui lost. They were both stopped by the shields and Maul won.

Maul lived. Maul also beat him and lost due to taunting. I cite facts while you cite your bloody vagina as proof. Biased, laughing
Maul was back into the shield by Qui gon. You haven't stated one accurate fact about the fight, which not only makes you biased and a fanboy but a liar too.

MAUL is an PANZY. Get over it.

EmperorSidious2
Anakin is a loser though and Anakin crushed him at his most powerful. Maul is quicker and more athletic therefore he wins.

Obi still won. Who cares. That makes it even worse for Anakin.

Must you always state your views on Anakin. Anakin is powerful, and was no where near his full potential. Dooku would have won if he hadnt pissed Anakin off. He actually could have still won if he used his force powers.

This shows how much trouble you have analyzing things.

quanchi112
Biased, laughing
Maul was back into the shield by Qui gon. You haven't stated one accurate fact about the fight, which not only makes you biased and a fanboy but a liar too.

MAUL is an PANZY. Get over it. Maul won. Qui backed him into it without his Palawan so he made a tactical error since maul sabers him later.

Maul is awesome and Palpatine later considered him a rival. Despite being cut in half he didn't die. **** yeah, Maul!!!!

quanchi112
Must you always state your views on Anakin. Anakin is powerful, and was no where near his full potential. Dooku would have won if he hadnt pissed Anakin off. He actually could have still won if he used his force powers.

This shows how much trouble you have analyzing things. He never reached his potential due to Obi hacking off limbs. Speculation. Anakin won.

You making things up and ignoring facts isn't debating. It really isn't.

playa1258
I think he is but my comments were in reference to Dooku. I also disapproved your laughable theory wrong.

Quicker than Dooku I agree.

EmperorSidious2
He never reached his potential due to Obi hacking off limbs. Speculation. Anakin won.

You making things up and ignoring facts isn't debating. It really isn't.

Exactly. No it's fact.

You ignoring circumstance isn't debating.

quanchi112
Exactly. No it's fact.

You ignoring circumstance isn't debating. What is a fact ?

What have I ignored ?

Kotor3
Maul won. Qui backed him into it without his Palawan so he made a tactical error since maul sabers him later.

Maul is awesome and Palpatine later considered him a rival. Despite being cut in half he didn't die. **** yeah, Maul!!!! It's not a tactical error when you are unaware that the shield existed. I already proved both Maul and Qui Gon were unaware of the shields. You wouldn't be aware of that since you never saw the movie.

Maul had all the advantages that an environment could afford one but still lost with all those advantages. Who cares that he magically survived due to horrible writing, he still lost.

quanchi112
It's not a tactical error when you are unaware that the shield existed. I already proved both Maul and Qui Gon were unaware of the shields. You wouldn't be aware of that since you never saw the movie.

Maul had all the advantages that an environment could afford one but still lost with all those advantages. Who cares that he magically survived due to horrible writing, he still lost. We could see the shields closing off and yet Qui pursued him alone which means he made a tactical error. Watch the damn clip, fanboy.

Maul beat them both and was later called a rival by Palpatine. Maul crushes the guy Obi hacked apart and warned prior to.

He survived. Quit crying about the facts, fanboy.

EmperorSidious2
What is a fact ?

What have I ignored ?

That Dooku would have beat Anakin if he didn't get angry.

You ignore circumstance. For instance, you say a win is a win and that means they are better when that is clearly wrong. You say Aankin is better than Dooku because he beat him. Well let's look at the fact that he was angry/super Saiyan mode. Take into account that before that he really couldn't get Dooku. He was being beaten by Dooku. Then you say it's speculation that Dooku would have won despite the circumstance and evidence. Then you ignore facts. Vader attempted to kill Luke several times in ESB yet you say he didn't despite what you see in front of your own 2 eyes. Then you don't even make logical sense. You are a troll, a liar, and very annoying.

quanchi112
That Dooku would have beat Anakin if he didn't get angry.

You ignore circumstance. For instance, you say a win is a win and that means they are better when that is clearly wrong. You say Aankin is better than Dooku because he beat him. Well let's look at the fact that he was angry/super Saiyan mode. Take into account that before that he really couldn't get Dooku. He was being beaten by Dooku. Then you say it's speculation that Dooku would have won despite the circumstance and evidence. Then you ignore facts. Vader attempted to kill Luke several times in ESB yet you say he didn't despite what you see in front of your own 2 eyes. Then you don't even make logical sense. You are a troll, a liar, and very annoying. That isn't a fact that is you speculating. A fact is Anakin winning.

Obi was mad at Maul and he force pushed him. Anakin was mad at Obi and lost. Quit making up excuses to cover up the fact Dooku got butt****ed.

Vader did not and even said so.

laughing out loud

EmperorSidious2
That isn't a fact that is you speculating. A fact is Anakin winning.

Obi was mad at Maul and he force pushed him. Anakin was mad at Obi and lost. Quit making up excuses to cover up the fact Dooku got butt****ed.

Vader did not and even said so.

laughing out loud

How is it speculation? Please enlighten me.

Obi isn't meant to get mad as shown by his style. It's the most passive style. Aankin would have won. He beat Dooku when he was enraged. Obi wan is below Dooku so logically he would beat Obi wan. Anakin is above Obi wan as a duelist as stated by the stunt coordinator of ROTS. He states that Anakin is a 9 and Obi wan is an 8. Enough said.

quanchi112
How is it speculation? Please enlighten me.

Obi isn't meant to get mad as shown by his style. It's the most passive style. Aankin would have won. He beat Dooku when he was enraged. Obi wan is below Dooku so logically he would beat Obi wan. Anakin is above Obi wan as a duelist as stated by the stunt coordinator of ROTS. He states that Anakin is a 9 and Obi wan is an 8. Enough said. You are speculating as to something that hasn't occurred. Facts are something you can prove aka something that has occurred. Anakin won.

So now getting mad doesn't count there. laughing out loud

Obi won despite Anakin being mad. Angry Anakin crushed Dooku yet lost to Obi. Cry more about the facts.

EmperorSidious2
You are speculating as to something that hasn't occurred. Facts are something you can prove aka something that has occurred. Anakin won.

So now getting mad doesn't count there. laughing out loud

Obi won despite Anakin being mad. Angry Anakin crushed Dooku yet lost to Obi. Cry more about the facts.

It doesn't need to happen for it to be fact. For instance Luke Skywalker beating Darth Krayt. That has never happened but we know it's fact that Luke would win. Facts are thing that can be proven and this can be proven. We never saw yoda beat windu but we know he would based on facts.

He's a soresu practioner. Notice the difference when he fought maul in TPM and when he fought him again in TCW. He did much better actually pressuring maul and cutting his blade in half. However when he fought hi again and got angry he did terrible. Losing focus and concentration. When he fought maul in the beggining as an Ataru practioner a very aggressive style

The facts are Aankin is better than Obi wan as stated by the stunt coordinator of the movie. Argue all you want but at the end of the day facts>>>>>>>>you. Happy Dance I win.

Star428
Anakin only lost to Obi-Wan because he was arrogant in thinking he could make that jump. He should've just acknowledged the fact that Obi-Wan had a superior position and then left. Obi-wan would've went after him anyway. Anakin could've then taken the fight to ground of his choosing. But, his emotions got the better of him and he wasn't thinking clearly. Obi-Wan had an obvious experience edge but Anakin was more powerful. I think their skill levels were about even.

EmperorSidious2
In sabers Obi wan himself acknowledged that Anakin was better than him. This is further proved by the stunt coordinator of ROTS who places Anakin at a 9 and kenobi an 8

Darth Thor
Do you know who many Sith Lords in canon the title of deadliest Sith has been given to.

One of the Deadliest of all time, by TPM is more impressive than being one of the Deadliest of all time 10,000 years prior to TPM.

Also I think you're confusing Canon to Legends. This is a Movie Versus forum. Only Disney Canon is Canon to the movies.

As for 99% of Jedi and Sith being under him is as laughable as it gets.

There were 10,000 Jedi Knights in the PT era. And the only Jedi and Sith above him were Yoda, Sidious, Mace, Dooku and Anakin/Vader. (He's about on par with Kenobi). That's 5 Jedi and Sith. So 5/10,000 * 100% = 0.05% of Jedi in the PT and OT era who were above Maul.

Add in all time and it might make it all the way to 1%.

When it comes to the top dogs who the has Maul beaten? If you are comparing Maul to the top Siths of all time then you are definitely joking. You know he might make # 10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's consistently stalemated Kenobi. He's beaten Grievous, and he's mega stomped Opress. Opress eats Jedi Council Members for breakfast.

Both Kenobi and Maul are Jedi/Sith top dogs in the all time bracket. Maul is actually canonically confirmed to be so. IN the old and new Canon no less.

Maul was retreating throughout the hold fight because he could not hold his ground against two of them.

That's false speculation. TPM Novel confirms Maul was moving the fight away voluntarily to wherever he desired. It also confirms Maul not only held his own against both Jedi simultaneously, but was probably superior to both of them together.

Dramatic Gecko
Did Palpatine ever plan to ditch Maul? Or did he just roll with the changes after he was defeated and he met Anakin?

Kotor3
We could see the shields closing off and yet Qui pursued him alone which means he made a tactical error. Watch the damn clip, fanboy.

Maul beat them both and was later called a rival by Palpatine. Maul crushes the guy Obi hacked apart and warned prior to.

He survived. Quit crying about the facts, fanboy. The only one crying is you. Here is your points. Maul won, Maul beat both of them .Great argument.

I am happy to tell you again that you are wrong. You can't prove one statement of yours as usually that is why you keep repeating yourself.

If you knew anything about fighting you would know that Qui gon was fully focus on Maul who was fighting for his life. Qui gon was sight seeing. The expression on their faces clearly shows they were unaware of the shields.

You lose again. Keep repeating yourself fanboy.

quanchi112
The only one crying is you. Here is your points. Maul won, Maul beat both of them .Great argument.

I am happy to tell you again that you are wrong. You can't prove one statement of yours as usually that is why you keep repeating yourself.

If you knew anything about fighting you would know that Qui gon was fully focus on Maul who was fighting for his life. Qui gon was sight seeing. The expression on their faces clearly shows they were unaware of the shields.

You lose again. Keep repeating yourself fanboy. Well, he did. Your arguments are he's trash despite him beating them both. You're emotionally off here.

Facts are on my side. Move cited numerous ones while you continue to cite nothing relevant. You're embarrassing yourself as a Star Wars fan.

No, they were both engaged. You saying otherwise without proof is baseless. Your arguments usually always are full of baseless speculation you can't prove.

You've been roasted on this on all fronts. When you say something you need to back it up. Someone Palpatine called a rival isn't trash or someone he chose as his apprentice. You say silly things and are a hater.

Maul was awesome and cutting him in half wasn't enough to kill him, sport. Happy Dance

quanchi112
It doesn't need to happen for it to be fact. For instance Luke Skywalker beating Darth Krayt. That has never happened but we know it's fact that Luke would win. Facts are thing that can be proven and this can be proven. We never saw yoda beat windu but we know he would based on facts.

He's a soresu practioner. Notice the difference when he fought maul in TPM and when he fought him again in TCW. He did much better actually pressuring maul and cutting his blade in half. However when he fought hi again and got angry he did terrible. Losing focus and concentration. When he fought maul in the beggining as an Ataru practioner a very aggressive style

The facts are Aankin is better than Obi wan as stated by the stunt coordinator of the movie. Argue all you want but at the end of the day facts>>>>>>>>you. Happy Dance I win. Then it isn't a fact since it never occurred. It's quite simple. He lost in tpm. Maul is always better than him. Maul has always been greater than Kenobi.

Obi won. Films speak louder than anyone's opinion. Anakijnwas better IMO as well but he lost to Obi. Fact. Don't argue with them.

Kotor3

Kotor3
Well, he did. Your arguments are he's trash despite him beating them both. You're emotionally off here.

Facts are on my side. Move cited numerous ones while you continue to cite nothing relevant. You're embarrassing yourself as a Star Wars fan.

No, they were both engaged. You saying otherwise without proof is baseless. Your arguments usually always are full of baseless speculation you can't prove.

You've been roasted on this on all fronts. When you say something you need to back it up. Someone Palpatine called a rival isn't trash or someone he chose as his apprentice. You say silly things and are a hater.

Maul was awesome and cutting him in half wasn't enough to kill him, sport. Happy Dance Translation, I have no answer and can't prove anything.
You prove so much with this statement.

Try again.

quanchi112
Translation, I have no answer and can't prove anything.
You prove so much with this statement.

Try again. Maul skillfully bested both in the film and later went on to prove himself to be Kenobi's superior in the clone wars. The only one who stopped Maul was Palpatine who called him a rival. You spouting your ridiculous opinion while refusing to address my points is a concession. Happily accepted, kid.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Did Palpatine ever plan to ditch Maul? Or did he just roll with the changes after he was defeated and he met Anakin?

He rolled with the changes, but Dooku and Maul were both apprenticed to him at the same time. So he was clearly undecided. Or just seeing which one of them proves more worthy.

Darth Thor
I do not agree with him being on par with Obi wan whose prime is ROTS an period where Maul never fought Obi wan.

Neither did Obi-Wan fight Maul in his prime which was by SOD. Maul was continually getting stronger through TCW after being out of action for 10+years.

They're peers. Really no point in arguing that one way or the other.

As for false speculation, you are incorrect. Movies are the highest form of cannon. In the movies Maul was clearly backup. Qui gon hits him in the face and starts an attack that Maul is not able to recover from until the shield stops the attack.

That's your speculative view of the fight. I can speculate that Maul only moved back voluntarily. Remember Kenobi kept backing away from Skywalker but won the fight. Combatants aren't always forced to back off, sometimes that's just the best way to handle their opponents.

The films are the highest canon, but when things come down to speculation, the novels provide the proper interpretation. Because only the scripts or novelizations can tell us what was going on in a combatant's mind during a fight. The films don't tell us that.

Kotor3
Maul skillfully bested both in the film and later went on to prove himself to be Kenobi's superior in the clone wars. The only one who stopped Maul was Palpatine who called him a rival. You spouting your ridiculous opinion while refusing to address my points is a concession. Happily accepted, kid. What points did you make? I already prove that Maul did not skillfully best both of them in the film. You choose to ignore facts and state lies such as Maul knew where he was taking Qui Gon. How did he prove himself Kenobi's superior during the clone wars? Which also is not Obi wan's prime.

quanchi112
What points did you make? I already prove that Maul did not skillfully best both of them in the film. You choose to ignore facts and state lies such as Maul knew where he was taking Qui Gon. How did he prove himself Kenobi's superior during the clone wars? Which also is not Obi wan's prime. You did not prove you speculated through bias while avoiding the end result. Maul didn't get lucky against either he skillfully bested both but chose to taunt Kenobi rather than finish him off.

He proved to be superior to him on multiple occasions. You always have excuses why Obi failed to beat him skillfully.

Maul beat Qui very shortly after they were alone. That speaks for itself. You arguing otherwise is trolling and through the ways of bias aka skewing facts and creating a false perceptions.

Kotor3

Kotor3
You did not prove you speculated through bias while avoiding the end result. Maul didn't get lucky against either he skillfully bested both but chose to taunt Kenobi rather than finish him off.

He proved to be superior to him on multiple occasions. You always have excuses why Obi failed to beat him skillfully.

Maul beat Qui very shortly after they were alone. That speaks for itself. You arguing otherwise is trolling and through the ways of bias aka skewing facts and creating a false perceptions. Blah, blah, quanchi112 with your whining.

Your only answer is that Maul bested two of them. Well, I say he didn't. In fact the movie shows he didn't. That is why they provided the shields so that poor Maul could have some much needed one on one time.

quanchi112
Blah, blah, quanchi112 with your whining.

Your only answer is that Maul bested two of them. Well, I say he didn't. In fact the movie shows he didn't. That is why they provided the shields so that poor Maul could have some much needed one on one time. So you concede.

The shields were there but they split up the advantage of two on one. Qui is the one who mediated. Maul showed no fatigue and watched on with murderous intent. Maul finishes him after the shields open rather quickly. Maul also took on two opponents while Qui just had one opponent thus meaning Maul had to do double the work for the most part yet Qui fell.

Your inability to address the points is rather sad on your end. Maul prevailed and rather easily one on one. laughing out loud

Trocity
TCW is canon and Maul and Kenobi have repeatedely clashed in the show, with each character having their moments.

I'm not sure how one could make the claim that Maul and Kenobi aren't peers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Maul dispatched Qui-Gon and was manhandling both Qui and young Obi. It's hard to guage Dooku vs Qui-Gon. Im sure Dooks wouldn't have been able to pull of force chokes or force pushes against QGJ or Maul, though Obi-Wan has always been suseptable to force powers used by darksiders, its a strike against Anakins force power that he wasn't able to do what others have done so easily, use force powers on obi.

Id say Maul wins. In Force use and Sabre Skill. Juyo is beast and Anakin isn't a master at this point.

WUT?? I think you're a little confused here... Dooku > Maul in the TK, and honestly it's not all that close. The Dooku Anakin beat is better than Maul. It's really that simple.

KuRuPT Thanosi
His fight against Qui and Kenobi. He was superior to both. Anakin has more losses than the current New York Knicks roster.

So you're referencing a fight where Maul got cut in half by a Padawan? Typical Quan level of proof LMAO

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
WUT?? I think you're a little confused here... Dooku > Maul in the TK, and honestly it's not all that close. The Dooku Anakin beat is better than Maul. It's really that simple. No, he isn't. Maul has pretty solid tk feats in the clone wars series while wounded and on the run.

Maul is also quicker than Dooku. Dooku was downright pathetic against Anakin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Maul had him beaten. He also beat him again in the clone wars series.

Obi sure beat Anakin. Anakin ever disarmed him and lost despite Obi saying please don't make me thrash you. Poor Anny.

I know you're not familiar with combat or combat situations having never been in a fight in your life. A wet paper bag would win against you. Point is, just because is in a advantageous position doesn't mean they won. We see this COUNTLESS times in MMA and Boxing. A fighter could look like they are done... out on their fight... mounted in a street fight getting pounded... and yet still come back to win. We literally see this over and over again. Maul didn't win, in fact this is truly what happened.

Maul got disarmed by Obi in DIRECT saber combat.

Maul was getting pushed back.. had his saber cut in two.. and resulted in a force push to a padawan obi which ended up disarming him. He couldn't get the job done with his saber though.

Then while LOOKING DIRECTLY AT OBI, who was without his sword, was UNABLE to react to Obi flying over his head and turning him into a pint sized midget. Regardless if eh was gloating... he was looking DIRECTLY at him and was unable to react or counter a padawan in a horrible position. Pitiful

KuRuPT Thanosi
Everyone here is trolling Quan.

Maul wins this one..regardless of what anyone says.

Dooku was a pussy. Maul beats him.

/thread

Like usual, Time is wrong. Dooku beats Maul, convincingly

KuRuPT Thanosi

The Logic of Time strikes again

So maul beat a superior team eh?

We have Maul actually LOSING one v one to a padawan and beating a Jedi master

We have maul beating a JEDI KNIGHT Kenobi and a Padawan Anakin in AOTC. Last I checked... beating two people is greater than being turned into a pint sized midget Then Dooku goes on to dual with Yoda and survive. Something Maul would be unable to do.

Then we have Dooku fighting a MASTER in Obi and a Jedi Knight (who should've been on the council and a master considering his skills) . He defeats MASTER Kenobi and then falls to Anakin. However, that Anakin is better than Qui Gon.

The reality is that Dooku has CLEARLY superior on screen feats.

KuRuPT Thanosi
By a cheap attack.

So no.

A cheap attack? Sometimes you astounded me.

He had Obi in a HORRIBLE position... hanging on for dear life... no weapon... lower ground.. and YET Maul was UNABLE to react to Obi flying in the air WHILE LOOKING DIREDLTY AT HIM.. calling for his sword and turning him into a pint sized midget. Yet, somehow to you that is cheap attack from Obi lol

By your logic... Somebody could have another on the ground.. standing over them with a knife.. and the person on the ground kicks them and you'd go. DAMN what a cheapshot LOL. Jesus. Stop talking Star Was you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Maul bested Obi in the clone wars series. Anakin lost. Straight up despite his emo rants.

Yeah and Obi beat Maul AND savage in the Clone wars. That's greater than maul better a shocked and unfocused Kenobi.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I did think that was funn. Board Walker definitely asked for it as did abhilegend who melted down in his own battlezone he begged for.

What was the issue. I just saw the posts afterwards talking about the bans etc etc. I never saw the posts though. Why was Abi so upset? What happened? I even heard Darth got upset

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>