Walmart ISIS Cake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Well you really can have your cake and eat it too.

They make a cake with an ISIS flag on it, but refuse one with a confederate flag.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-apologizes-making-isis-cake-man-denied-confederate/story?id=32103721

Time-Immemorial
q7ePFollQQE

Robtard
The article clearly says it was a "mistake" meaning they were not aware that the flag in question was an ISIS flag and they apologized for it. ie that racist man duped them.

Time-Immemorial
Hahaha, right...

Q99
Raise your hand if you could recognize the Isis flag, or even knew Isis *had* a flag before this.

If your hand is raised, lower it if you think a random walmart employee is likely to have the same knowledge.

Now also raise your hand if you though a cake made for some Americans with an Isis flag would be used for anything but mocking Isis.

They're both hateful flags, to be sure, but only one of them is one that most people even know *exists*, and Isis' is not used by hate-groups inside the US, for that matter, and is thus not nearly as well known inside the US.

Also, by comparing the Isis flag to the Confederate flag, is this supposed to be an argument that the Isis flag is just as acceptable as the Confederate flag, or an admission that both flags are hateful?

My view is not making cakes of either would be the proper response, but the employee didn't know.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hahaha, right...

As pointed out, do you think everyone reads Arabic and is actively aware what the ISIS flag looks like?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
As pointed out, do you think everyone reads Arabic and is actively aware what the ISIS flag looks like?

This reminds me of the time people were around asking people what July 4th was for and they didn't know.

Bardock42
This reminds me of the time people were around asking people what July 4th was for and they didn't know.

That's a trick question, nothing special happens on that day.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's a trick question, nothing special happens on that day.

Nothing special happens on your day but I get you get a present. Or is that offensive?

Bardock42
Nothing special happens on your day but I get you get a present. Or is that offensive?

I'm not sure. I don't think I understand what it means.

Star428
Well you really can have your cake and eat it too.

They make a cake with an ISIS flag on it, but refuse one with a confederate flag.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-apologizes-making-isis-cake-man-denied-confederate/story?id=32103721

This disgusts me. People who made that cake should be ashamed of themselves.

Robtard

I don't see a connection really. I would assume that most Americans would know the basics of why July 4th is a holiday, I wouldn't assume most Americans being literate in Arabic and knowing what the ISIS flag looks like.

Star428

thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
Are Americans really that dumb/ignorant to not know what the ISIS flag looks like?
It's been like a year since ISIS was established. You see the flag in FOX News/CNN/any news channel/website, all the time.

Time-Immemorial
Yea, no one cares..

AsbestosFlaygon
Until something blows up in our home turf. Literally.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Until something blows up in our home turf. Literally.

That happened already, people forgot though.

Flyattractor
What has Isis ever done to make then UN-Cake Friendly??

Omega Vision
Stupid troll thread.

Flyattractor
I thought it was a Cake Thread?

TROLL CAKE!

Tzeentch
Are Americans really that dumb/ignorant to not know what the ISIS flag looks like?
It's been like a year since ISIS was established. You see the flag in FOX News/CNN/any news channel/website, all the time. Most Americans probably couldn't even list all 50 states from memory.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Most Americans probably couldn't even list all 50 states from memory. Waste of brain space tbh.

Star428
It's been like a year since ISIS was established. You see the flag in FOX News/CNN/any news channel/website, all the time.

Apparently, some are. Probably the same ones who believe what the government claims Jade Helm is about.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Stupid troll thread.

Oh you would say that. Funny enough, you posted here, I didn't know I invented a device to force you to post in threads you thought were stupid.

Dummy

Flyattractor
Maybe he meant that we shouldn't call groups like Isis names. They do have feelings after all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.