The Last of Us Part II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/29/nolan-north-may-have-outed-the-last-of-us-2

"I know they're doing a Last of Us 2 but my character in Last of Us kind of had an untimely demise." - Nolan North

Not confirmed officially, but that sounds pretty likely. I'm not sure if I want new characters or Joel/Ellie to be back.

BackFire
Yeah, been expected for a while. Last of Us was a big success for them, and there's so many possible stories to tell in that world. I think it'd be cool if they did new character with each game, at a different point in time and in a different place. Kind of like True Detective or American Horror Story.

Tzeentch
GUESS THE ORIGINAL WASN'T REALLY "THE LAST" OF US EH?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, been expected for a while. Last of Us was a big success for them, and there's so many possible stories to tell in that world. I think it'd be cool if they did new character with each game, at a different point in time and in a different place. Kind of like True Detective or American Horror Story. thumb up

Arachnid1
Yeah, been expected for a while. Last of Us was a big success for them, and there's so many possible stories to tell in that world. I think it'd be cool if they did new character with each game, at a different point in time and in a different place. Kind of like True Detective or American Horror Story. That would be pretty interesting actually. I wouldn't mind seeing the outbreak in a different part of the world, and I'm sure they can create new characters for me to get overly attached to.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
GUESS THE ORIGINAL WASN'T REALLY "THE LAST" OF US EH? Someones been waiting a long time to be able to use that one lol

Impediment
"After reading the kind of online fan fiction that has been written about Joel and Ellie, we vow to never make a sequel to The Last of Us. - Naughty Dog"

I say don't make a sequal and leave perfection be.

Quincy
Originally posted by Tzeentch
GUESS THE ORIGINAL WASN'T REALLY "THE LAST" OF US EH?

booooooo

Smasandian
Yeah, been expected for a while. Last of Us was a big success for them, and there's so many possible stories to tell in that world. I think it'd be cool if they did new character with each game, at a different point in time and in a different place. Kind of like True Detective or American Horror Story.

Or the Wire!!! Have a new story focus with new characters but have some of old characters act as a secondary bits.....

I would also be cool with new characters. I think the Joel story was complete when the game was finished. Or at least somehow have the story take place after the first one with new characters but reference what happened to Joel/Ellie somehow.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Impediment
"After reading the kind of online fan fiction that has been written about Joel and Ellie, we vow to never make a sequel to The Last of Us. - Naughty Dog"

I say don't make a sequal and leave perfection be.

The Last of Us was not perfect. Close, but still not perfect.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Or the Wire!!! Have a new story focus with new characters but have some of old characters act as a secondary bits.....

I would also be cool with new characters. I think the Joel story was complete when the game was finished. Or at least somehow have the story take place after the first one with new characters but reference what happened to Joel/Ellie somehow.

Honestly, I think they'd be doing a disservice to the story in TLoU if they primarily focused on Joel & Ellie again.

Tess was cool, but she might not warrant an entire game?

Smasandian
Maybe but I think it would be great if they used characters from a different area so we can explore other parts of the world.

But in reality, I don't know if I really want another Last Of Us. The game did such a great job moving from place to place that I'm unsure the second game can be capture that.

Also, how would they get past the idea of using the same enemy types. The problem with games like Last of Us which allow to lose yourself in the atmosphere and the immersive enivornment that adding new enemy types would ruin that.

Tzeentch
GUESS THE ORIGINAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED

THE FIRST OF US

Firefly218
Even though it's narratively impractical, I kind of want to continue with Joel and Ellie.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, i agree. I think they should try to tie in Joel and ellies story somehow with a new game .

Smasandian
My best guess is that the game takes places 20 years after the first and Ellie's kids are immune to the virus....or something like that.

Zack Fair
AfhkrGWh-18

GG EZ

Demonic Phoenix
Are the same VAs returning for Joel and Ellie?

Firefly218
This looks incredible

Zack Fair
Ellie sounds the same, but Joel is...hard to tell.

I hope its the same guy.

BackFire
It's Troy Baker again.

Can't ****ing wait.

|King Joker|
This'll be amazing.

Ellie's going to be the main playable character as well, which is cool.

NemeBro
It'll probably be a somewhat above average game, like the first one.

Impediment
Originally posted by NemeBro
It'll probably be a somewhat above average game, like the first one.

Shoosh.

Zack Fair
It'll probably be a somewhat above average game, like the first one. GTFO

Kazenji
Been hearing theories about how Joel might actually be dead and he's a figment of Ellie's mind.

Impediment
Originally posted by Kazenji
Been hearing theories about how Joel might actually be dead and he's a figment of Ellie's mind.

That actually sounds like it could work.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Zack Fair
GTFO So you think it might rise above merely being pretty good, and become really good?

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/03/psx-2016-the-last-of-us-part-2-announced

About time.

XlGhXNLN7G8

ares834
Pretty poor trailer all thing considered. Still, I'm looking forward to this. The first game was great. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Pretty poor trailer all thing considered. Still, I'm looking forward to this. The first game was great. thumb up It was somewhat above average, yeah. thumb up

Kazenji
Yet people are blowing their load over that first trailer.

NemeBro
Yet people are blowing their load over that first trailer. Go on.

Kazenji
Go where?

Arachnid1
Go on. lol

|King Joker|
Been hearing theories about how Joel might actually be dead and he's a figment of Ellie's mind. To me I feel like that'd be kind of random, because Ellie really never showed any symptoms of mental illness of that sort.

Smasandian
Meh.....I'm excited about the prospect of playing the sequel to one of my favourite games.

But the trailer wasn't that great....it really didn't do anything for me.

Quincy
So excited.

Zack Fair
its just a reveal trailer lol.

Too early to be coming up with theories.

I suppose people lost their shit because its not the same to read "Last of Us 2 confirmed" as opposed to actually seeing footage of it. I thought it was fine for what it was.

Khazra Reborn
I still never played the first one, I ought to get around to that.

Arachnid1
VXUPpxA32Og

Jesus christ, this game is going to be brutal. I don't remember anything that rough in the first game. Looks like psychotic religious zealots are going to be part of the plot in this one. That has the potential to go some pretty dark places.

BackFire
**** that new trailer is awesome.

Impediment
Daaaaamn.

Impediment
I thought that was Ellie at first but fan theories are saying it's Ellie's mom.

Thoughts?

KingD19
I thought that was Ellie at first but fan theories are saying it's Ellie's mom.

Thoughts?

That's definitely not Ellie, the last few images and trailers have been as her a few years older maybe at most. That's a full grown woman with a looooot of muscle definition and taller than her. But in the dark of the video I can see some similarities so it's very much possible.

BackFire
Yeah they confirmed that Ellie is not in this trailer. interesting idea that it's her mother, though. I think more likely it's just some new characters we'll be introduced to.

Impediment
A lot of snowflakes are crying over the level of violence in this game.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16571230/last-of-us-part-2-trailer-violence-women

ares834

BackFire
I think the article itself misses the point. They act as if the trailer is meant to excite and entice, it's not, it's meant to give a representation of the mood, atmosphere, and world that the game takes place in. It's a world of predator and prey, evil flourishing while the good die, and chaos as the new norm. Similar themes explored in the first game.

Also Druckmann has said that this game is meant to be darker and more negative and bleak than the first, which offers glimmers of hope and goodness winning out. This game won't have that. It seems that the trailer is an accurate representation of that.

ares834

BackFire
No it isn't. It is trying to intrigue, not entice. If it were attempting to entice then the goal would be for the viewer to walk away with positive feelings, obviously not the intent here.

ares834
Sure it is. Positive feelings for exploring the themes and atmosphere rather than the actual shown content.

BackFire
But exploring those themes and atmosphere are obviously not meant to give positive feelings. They're meant to leave you unsettled and upset, but get your attention.

Thing is this isn't even a normal trailer which is another reason the article is looking at it incorrectly. It's essentially a proof of concept and some world building. There's no hook or anything like a normal trailer. It's not like a launch trailer or something. It's just meant to show what the world and game will be like.

ares834
The trailer is trying to get you excited (positive feelings) to explore those themes. Regardless, I'll reiterate that I don't agree with the article's point.

BackFire
I mean I get what you're saying, but I simply don't think "entice" or "excite" is the correct term here.

Arachnid1

Impediment
I didn't miss the point.

BackFire pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Bro SMASH
I'm definitely watching out for more info about this.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Is that a bad thing? The violence sold me more than the last trailer of Ellie playing a guitar did. I love the idea of this game going darker places than the last, and I'm glad it's a facet of the game that doesn't hold back. Plus, it's not like that's just happenstance. It will have a reason for occurring. The trailer already pretty heavy implied it to be religious violence, which means her claim that we got no reasoning is wrong.

That specific article seems to be more offended because it's violence involving women. The article tries to dismiss the fact that the person assaulting the women is a woman undercuts the main theme of the trailer being violence against females (though it fails at this; Naughty Dog tends to put women in positions of power too). We all know that's not what Naughty Dog is trying to portray there. Post apocalyptic games and movies tend to have pretty widespread violence. Women make up half the population, so it's not like the violence would be strictly among males. Her article is just some stupid idea for an opinion piece she knows will get clicks (especially this close to the release of a trailer for one of the currently most anticipated games in coming out). Well said thumb up

|King Joker|

Impediment
I find it sad and hilarious how so many people are up in arms about Ellie's sexuality.

She's gay, people. Build a bridge and get over it.

Adam Grimes
thumb up

|King Joker|

Impediment
People are just looking for shit to b*tch about.

Impediment

Impediment
https://www.gamesradar.com/death-stranding-trailer-confirmed-for-may-29-with-last-of-us-2-news-also-rumoured-to-be-dropping-alongside-it/

Soon, hopefully!!!

jaden_2.0
Apparently not.

Impediment
Pushed back to May 2020.

Impediment
Delayed indefinitely.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-delays-the-last-of-us-part-2-indefinitely/

cdtm
Wasn't a fan of the original, felt it was overrated.

Arachnid1
The entire story for this leaked online with screenshots and (I think) gameplay. Pretty major chit. Careful what and where you read, and consider avoiding youtube and its thumbnails for a while

-Pr-
The story... Really doesn't attract me at all. It feels like just another "Humans are the real bad guys" kind of story, when the first game at least tried to balance that out a bit better.

I'm all for revenge stories and the like, but not like this.

Smasandian
I was reading that Naughty Dog is a crunch heavy developer as well and has lost a fair number of developers over the last year or two.

I also read that Naughty Dog senior managers are perfectionists to a point where TLOU Part 2 would of been released a year ago.

Who knows if this is true or not.

BackFire

-Pr-
Release date: June 19th this year.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/27/release-date-updates-for-the-last-of-us-part-ii-ghost-of-tsushima/

ares834
Read the spoilers. This sounds god awful. No clue what they were thinking here. It's TLJ-level bad.

I'm glad I wasn't really feeling this game in the first place or I would be woefully disappointed.

ares834
God. There is some hilarious shit coming from all of this.

Massive endgame spoilers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9OtSDqxqsg

Adam Grimes
God, that looks infuriating if it ends the way I've been told it does.

NemeBro
I was super let down when all of the retards here and on /v/ were calling this woman a hypermuscular tranny and then she just turned out to be a woman who gets a moderate amount of physical exercise regularly wtf. I could strangle this chick to death with my bare hands with no effort at all. Go outside and see actual women you phucking retards.

Anyway, it is a really bizarre angle to have you murder the characters fans of the first game became emotionally invested in but I think it's phucking hilarious and I love it. I can't wait to read about all the hurt feelings over this game as this chick brains Ellie. thumb up

ares834
Go outside and see actual women you phucking retards.

No.

NemeBro
Unironically though, is Abby trans, or are the skinnyfat retards saying that just feeling bad at seeing a woman with more muscle mass than them? I don't feel like mining the spoilers.

ares834
Pretty sure she's not trans. It's probably just /v/ calling everything a tranny like usual.

Trocity
Wait, they're going to kill Ellie in this game?

Isn't that like a hate crime or something?

ares834
Pretty sure she lives. You just beat the ever-living shit out of her and slit her girlfriend's throat.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
I was super let down when all of the retards here and on /v/ were calling this woman a hypermuscular tranny and then she just turned out to be a woman who gets a moderate amount of physical exercise regularly wtf. I could strangle this chick to death with my bare hands with no effort at all. Go outside and see actual women you phucking retards.

Anyway, it is a really bizarre angle to have you murder the characters fans of the first game became emotionally invested in but I think it's phucking hilarious and I love it. I can't wait to read about all the hurt feelings over this game as this chick brains Ellie. thumb up

Please use spoiler tags in future.

Adam Grimes
Anyway, it is a really bizarre angle to have you murder the characters fans of the first game became emotionally invested in but I think it's phucking hilarious and I love it. I can't wait to read about all the hurt feelings over this game as this chick brains Ellie. thumb up This is my only complain so far tbh.

I hope everyone at ND headquarters die in a fire with you.

cdtm
God. There is some hilarious shit coming from all of this.

Massive endgame spoilers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9OtSDqxqsg

FAKE!

Seen more convincing fan animations.

Nemesis X
I read the spoilers. Fire the writing team holy ****.

Joel and Ellie die to teach you the risks of revenge being an endless cycle as Abby, their killer and daughter of the surgeon Joel shot, is implied at the end of the game will be hunted by Ellie's friends next for killing Ellie who wanted to kill Abby for killing Joel but Abby kills Ellie for killing Abby's friends. The horror of revenge, zombie fungi what?

If Joel had to die, I would've had that scene happen AFTER telling Ellie the truth of what really went down at the hospital with the Fireflies but that doesn't happen here and it's so Ellie has a reason for her revengeance and "the cycle" can continue. Who the heck thought up this bullhonky?

Nemesis X
https://www.spieltimes.com/news/naughty-dog-issuing-copyright-strikes-to-youtubers-for-showcasing-leaked-content/

Naughty Dog now is going as far as copyright striking anyone who so much as even talks about the leaks. Haha screw this game!

cdtm
Curious isn't the word I'd use.

Scary, maybe? Proof that YouTube absolutely does do everything they claim is conspiracy theory, possibly?

They shut down a live stream mid sentence.. How the hell does that happen? Who shut it down, and how did they find out about it mid stream?

cdtm
And now I see why The Critical Drinker used all those pseudonyms for ripping into "Disobedient Canine".

y6f6mmuh_04

BackFire
Read the spoilers. Jarring stuff but if executed well could be done well. Could be a great way to set up a third game imo.

Adam Grimes
This game can suck my rooster.

-Pr-
The new trailer:

vhII1qlcZ4E

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
This game can suck my rooster.

I have synpathy for all the developers who worked like Nike sweatshop chinese kids.

The attack on everypne who even breaths the games name is baffling though. Does management really think strikes on everyone in sight is good pr? Who do they think will buy their game, if not for the people talking about it?

Khazra Reborn

Trocity
It was mostly just the story and characters imo. Its well acted and the music is great. I enjoy the gameplay as well but there's obviously better games out there. Not for everyone I guess.

Adam Grimes

-Pr-
I'm actually not a fan of the gameplay at all. The gunplay is all right, but i dislike the stealth.

That said, the characters, the story and the world are really, really well done imo.

Nemesis X
7 days before this game's out and already on the PS store it's gotten 5 stars out of 1200 reviews. Sony/ND really wringing the petty out of this rag out 'til it dries aren't they? Troy Baker even got called in to try damage controlling with the most phoned in crap I ever heard an actor give. Seriously, guys. You may wanna cancel the pre-order you made and at least wait. Don't go in blind especially with a game by a studio with as much controversy as this one.

BackFire

Arachnid1
I'm gonna hold off for a rental on this one.

Also, it comes out in 27 days.

Arachnid1
Three weeks out. What do you guys think? Are you going to buy or hold off?

Gameplay looks too similar to the first, which I wasn't a fan of (I liked it strictly for the story). Largely linear with limited replayability or gameplay deviation. It's not as bad as the first in that regard thanks to some advancements (like prone stealth and bigger sandboxes), but it's still pretty one note.

On the other hand, you don't get enough quality horror action titles these days. Especially not longer (15-25 hr) third person horror experiences like Dead Space and RE4. If leaks are to be believed, this game is close to 35 hours. I kind of want to support that.

ares834
Holding off for sure.

Like I said, I wasn't feeling this game in the first place as I found it wholly unnecessary. The spoilers just made it a certain pass for me.

BackFire
Some of the reviewers are Hinting that the leaks outside of the videos are not accurate.

Adam Grimes
Three weeks out. What do you guys think? Are you going to buy or hold off?

Gameplay looks too similar to the first, which I wasn't a fan of (I liked it strictly for the story). Largely linear with limited replayability or gameplay deviation. It's not as bad as the first in that regard thanks to some advancements (like prone stealth and bigger sandboxes), but it's still pretty one note.

On the other hand, you don't get enough quality horror action titles these days. Especially not longer (15-25 hr) third person horror experiences like Dead Space and RE4. If leaks are to be believed, this game is close to 35 hours. I kind of want to support that. My friend, with whom I share ps accounts, has already pre-ordered so it's a day one play for me. With that said, I would have probably pre-ordered myself it necessary because I'm too invested in the universe.

Adam Grimes
You can already preload this.

Impediment
Game Informer and IGN rated the game a perfect 10.

NemeBro
The next big game sequel to another big game from a huge triple A developer is getting great reviews? Stop the presses!

jaden_2.0
Game Informer and IGN rated the game a perfect 10.

Yeah but SJDUBYAS RUINED MUH GAYMZ

Quincy
A lot of that reviews make this game sound like a drag. Like pretentious in its dour-ness.

Nemesis X
Sony will censor any third party titles that will flash so much as a buttcrack or side boob but don't mind Last of Us 2 having some raunchy pr0n scenes with nipple and all. Wait, what?

ares834
The characters aren't attractive so it's OK.

The memes from it are great though.

Adam Grimes
I can't believe it.

Tzeentch
The memes from it are great though. No ****ing kidding. The run up to this game's release has been one of the most hilarious meme fests I have ever seen.

-Pr-
Much like the first game, I didn't play it myself, but instead sat and watched as my sister played it. Yeah... Not enjoying the story/narrative as much this time around, but maybe it'll pick up.

KingD19
This game is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO f*cking depressing. Like Jesus man, this thing doesn't even have rainbows, that's how bleak it is. Naughty Dog made it literally a downer to play this game.

Estacado
So every fan hates this game...but the reviewer says its excellent...

Makes sense..

jaden_2.0
Played up to getting to Seattle so far. Pretty samey as the first game. It has mechanics issues that are difficult to ignore. Far too overly convoluted controls for simple things like using a med pack.

Graphics are solid but overall lack the impact and details of RDR2. The lighting is spectacular though.

Some of the more intense fighting can easily overwhelm your character as they just aren't responsive enough to get out of swarms of infected.

As for the big spoiler that was released about a certain character. What exactly were people expecting after the opening scene from the first game? It's not like they don't have a track record of doing stuff like that.

ares834
Most people expected something like it. Just not in the way it was done. Nor the fact that half the game we would play as his killer.

Nemesis X
Most people expected something like it. Just not in the way it was done. Nor the fact that half the game we would play as his killer.

And it's not just a spit in the face doing that but expecting you to swallow if it lands in your mouth also.

jaden_2.0
But that's been done before as well. Nobody cared when you played as Trevor in GTA V when he kills Johnny Kleibitz from GTA IV: The Lost & Damned

ares834

-Pr-
I just watched my sister get to the part where you switch to Abby for an extended period. When she saw that Abby could craft, it dawned on her that she was going to be playing as her for a while. She tried to force it for like a half-hour before turning the game off. She's not happy, after loving the game up until that point.

I imagine it's the same feeling a lot of people would have. And it's not even written that ****ing well either.

jaden_2.0
I think it was Upper Echelon Gaming who did a video a while back on it who talked about fans being angry about the treatment of "beloved characters from a beloved franchise" and I'm sitting thinking "Franchise? There's only been 1 game so far and both Joel and Ellie mostly seemed like assholes in it"

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
But that's been done before as well. Nobody cared when you played as Trevor in GTA V when he kills Johnny Kleibitz from GTA IV: The Lost & Damned It's not executed well here. Neither story-wise or mechanically.

Insane Titan
Watched a detailed plot synopsis for this on YouTube, the story writing and character decisions are laughable. Graphics and sound are top notch though.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
It's not executed well here. Neither story-wise or mechanically.

I've played through the killing. The only criticism is that it happens too early.

I haven't played any more of Abby's part since the run up to that scene yet though.

The flashback to the museum was excellent character building but it would've been better to play it before the death.

Trocity
I'm so glad I didn't pre-order this game. Watching certain cutscenes and reading spoilers has me shaking my head. Gone are the days when Joel doesnt trust anyone, is smart enough to recognize when a desperate man alone in the middle of a street is really a bandit trying to ambush them. Joel in this game apparently is happy telling people where he lives and what his social insurance number is.

Nicely done, Naughty Dog.

Nemesis X
Ellie having Joel's killer in her grasp and letting her go as the story concludes is the most WTF thing. The story was already a cringe fest but that moment had to be the dumbest. The very least they could've given players the revenge they sought probably why they trudged through this at all but NAH. Naughty Dog saying screw you as always right to the end.

NemeBro
Originally posted by -Pr-
And it's not even written that ****ing well either. Just like the first game. thumb up

-Pr-
The first one was still better than this... thing.

Nemesis X
Just like the first game. thumb up

LOU1 Joel: Never trusting strangers, playing things safe.

LOU2 Joel: I don't know the lot of you but I trust going to this vacant lodge where I'm sure you won't gang up and kill my ass.

KingD19
Also Ellie goes so far for her revenge her girlfriend and kid and everyone else she loves leaves her. So at least carry the revenge out. Now she lost quite literally everything just for what essentially boils down to a gruesome rematch just to prove she's as good a fighter as Abby McSwoletits. Because as it stands they left for no good reason since she didn't even follow through.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
LOU1 Joel: Never trusting strangers, playing things safe.

LOU2 Joel: I don't know the lot of you but I trust going to this vacant lodge where I'm sure you won't gang up and kill my ass. Just got to that. :/

Didn't they explain that by having them overrun with inflected the entire way and in a blizzard? Tommy even mentioned that they can't make it back to base. Doesn't seem like he had much of a choice but to trust the girl who's life he saved.

At least his last words were badass. I like that he didn't play their games. It was just his past catching up with him, which makes sense to me. Seems like the obvious way Joel was always going to go out after how much they played up his dark past and morally dark grey character. So far, my theory is that they're ex-fireflies but idk.

Anyway, can't wait to ****ing MURDER Abby and her crew. Holy sh*t, I hope it gets gratuitous.

Also, Ellie is a great character and all, but I can't help but wish I was playing Joel the entire game.

-Pr-
So we got to the end...

To keep it short: Nice graphics, iffy mechanics at times, utterly shambolic story.

Nemesis X
Just got to that. :/

Didn't they explain that by having them overrun with inflected the entire way and in a blizzard? Tommy even mentioned that they can't make it back to base. Doesn't seem like he had much of a choice but to trust the girl who's life he saved.

Yeah 'cause nobody that Joel & Ellie met in the first game ever lured them with the guise of kindness...

This is the same dude who infiltrated a town of cannibals and yolo'd through a hospital full of armed gunmen though. If Joel had to die, fine, but he could've went out in a more badass way and not like a punk. The disrespect be real.

Prepare to be disappointed. Immensely.

Smasandian
Do you not remember the two brothers in the first game?
Or how it's been four years and has gotten older. The game even references that they get visitors. They are also close to home. It's not unexpected for Joel to make a mistake. Also, what else were they going to do? He was dead if he didn't go with her...and once inside...he was caught.

The game setting is utterly depressing and cruel. What happens in this game makes sense.

Other than the story, it's an awesome game. The stealth sections are top notch, they nailed the atmosphere and there is a lot of cool moments in it. My favourite thing to do was to unleash clickers on enemies and then see them slowly sneak around them (or being chased and ruthlessly murdered) and then I come up behind them and headshot them. It's great.

-Pr-
The gameplay is still a mixed bag for me, but it is a definite improvement over the first game. So I can credit them for that.

Estacado
Abby just looks disguisting in this game...She looks like a female body builder...she doesnt have breast she has phuckin pecks...

Smasandian
The gameplay is still a mixed bag for me, but it is a definite improvement over the first game. So I can credit them for that.

Yes, I agree. I think it's one the best stealth games out there.
It's hard to say why though...I find how they do patrolling NPC's interesting...rarely did the NPC's go to an area where it was easy to take them down. Usually, it's with 2 to 3 NPC's closely behind. Or they have overlapping viewpoints.
However, Naughty Dog usually gave a small window of opportunity to take somebody before being seen and it doesn't feel fake.

Also, I find they implemented dogs very well. It felt real but you can also use it to your advantage. I loved how if you got caught, it wasn't an instant reload...you can break line of sight and be able to go back to sneaking.

There is definitely criticism for sure...and it's not as good as the first game (or at least I didn't enjoy it as much) but I have to admit it's a well developed game. There is a lot of skill and care put into it and we should be happy a developer has the ability and money to do this.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Estacado
Abby just looks disguisting in this game...She looks like a female body builder...she doesnt have breast she has phuckin pecks...

Because she is.

Nemesis X

I feel like this is an insult to female bodybuilders. Actual ones, while having muscles too, do not look like Abby. What Abby's got going on is steroids. Her whole being screams testosterone.

-Pr-
Yes, I agree. I think it's one the best stealth games out there.
It's hard to say why though...I find how they do patrolling NPC's interesting...rarely did the NPC's go to an area where it was easy to take them down. Usually, it's with 2 to 3 NPC's closely behind. Or they have overlapping viewpoints.
However, Naughty Dog usually gave a small window of opportunity to take somebody before being seen and it doesn't feel fake.

Also, I find they implemented dogs very well. It felt real but you can also use it to your advantage. I loved how if you got caught, it wasn't an instant reload...you can break line of sight and be able to go back to sneaking.

There is definitely criticism for sure...and it's not as good as the first game (or at least I didn't enjoy it as much) but I have to admit it's a well developed game. There is a lot of skill and care put into it and we should be happy a developer has the ability and money to do this.

lol, the stealth is a mixed bag for me too.

There are times when it works really well, and times when I know I wasn't seen, or the game "forced" me to be discovered for no real reason. It's strange.

The dogs are cool though, yes.

NemeBro
Abby just looks disguisting in this game...She looks like a female body builder...she doesnt have breast she has phuckin pecks... Really? I was really underwhelmed by the manly "tranny" everyone was talking about when I looked her up. I haven't played the game though. Now, don't take this thr wrong way, but you're not a dickless pussy with the upper body strength of a child who can't stand the sight of a woman with some muscle, are you? Does she look noticeably bigger in-game?

Smasandian
lol, the stealth is a mixed bag for me too.

There are times when it works really well, and times when I know I wasn't seen, or the game "forced" me to be discovered for no real reason. It's strange.

The dogs are cool though, yes.

I never came across that, hmm. Whenever I was discovered, I always felt it was warranted and a bit realistic (for instance, being in tall grass doesn't automatically make me invisible when somebody is nearby..unlike every other tall grass stealth sections in other games).

I always felt if I was in line of sight of somebody, they noticed me..which is also different than other games. I don't know how many games when I'm slightly far away, cannot see me....even though I'm in the open.

Doesn't mean I disagree with you..just never noticed it.

Trocity
Really? I was really underwhelmed by the manly "tranny" everyone was talking about when I looked her up. I haven't played the game though. Now, don't take this thr wrong way, but you're not a dickless pussy with the upper body strength of a child who can't stand the sight of a woman with some muscle, are you? Does she look noticeably bigger in-game?

I've seen some of the cutscenes on YouTube. I saw her sex scene with whoever the guy was but they start kissing and he takes her shirt off and spins her around and bends her over and it was definitely the gayest straight sex scene I've ever seen. She did look like she had pecks instead of boobs, it looked like two well built men going at it.

I don't really care that she looks like a man, but she certainly does.

-Pr-
I never came across that, hmm. Whenever I was discovered, I always felt it was warranted and a bit realistic (for instance, being in tall grass doesn't automatically make me invisible when somebody is nearby..unlike every other tall grass stealth sections in other games).

I always felt if I was in line of sight of somebody, they noticed me..which is also different than other games. I don't know how many games when I'm slightly far away, cannot see me....even though I'm in the open.

Doesn't mean I disagree with you..just never noticed it.

Honestly, I think I've just been spoiled by games like Hitman.

Originally posted by Trocity
I've seen some of the cutscenes on YouTube. I saw her sex scene with whoever the guy was but they start kissing and he takes her shirt off and spins her around and bends her over and it was definitely the gayest straight sex scene I've ever seen. She did look like she had pecks instead of boobs, it looked like two well built men going at it.

I don't really care that she looks like a man, but she certainly does.

It was a weird scene, yeah. Even without talking about Abby's design or anything, that... it seemed completely devoid of any, well, sexiness.

KingD19
I've seen plenty of jacked chicks who still look like women with muscles. Not a vaguely feminine buff a*s guy.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/samantha-wright-gif.gif

They could have done do much better with her design and still had her be a beast.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I feel like this is an insult to female bodybuilders. Actual ones, while having muscles too, do not look like Abby. What Abby's got going on is steroids. Her whole being screams testosterone.

Muscles on women is gross, imo. Obviously, I don't mean that literally as we all have muscles even the most feminine-looking women but when a woman has pecks instead of breasts I'm sorry but that is just yucky. Don't really care if that's an insult to female body-builders or not.

jaden_2.0
Do you not remember the two brothers in the first game?
Or how it's been four years and has gotten older. The game even references that they get visitors. They are also close to home. It's not unexpected for Joel to make a mistake. Also, what else were they going to do? He was dead if he didn't go with her...and once inside...he was caught.

The game setting is utterly depressing and cruel. What happens in this game makes sense.

Other than the story, it's an awesome game. The stealth sections are top notch, they nailed the atmosphere and there is a lot of cool moments in it. My favourite thing to do was to unleash clickers on enemies and then see them slowly sneak around them (or being chased and ruthlessly murdered) and then I come up behind them and headshot them. It's great.

Yeah some of the stealth mechanics are brilliantly done. I really liked the drop into the spore filled, red lit subway when you could throw bottles near human enemies to get the clickers to rush them then sit back and watch the carnage.

-Pr-
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Muscles on women is gross, imo. Obviously, I don't mean that literally as we all have muscles even the most feminine-looking women but when a woman has pecks instead of breasts I'm sorry but that is just yucky. Don't really care if that's an insult to female body-builders or not.

https://i.imgur.com/3USgt2g.gif

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>