Does Lois Lane take unnecessary risk due to dating Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Was just curious..Lois is getting saved by Superman every other day it seems. I get that working in Metropolis can be dangerous, but does anyone think maybe she takes unnecessary risks when it comes to getting a story..all because she knows Superman will save her?

If you feel she does do this, is this right or is it actually extremely disturbing? On top of that..some versions of Lois and Superman actually are romantically involved. So is it especially wrong for her to take unnecessary risks because she knows Superman will save her? What if one day Superman is busy or he was just fighting some villain with kryptonite so he is a bit too slow getting to her one time and she either gets severely injured or killed? He'd blame himself for that, even though it truly would be the fault of Lois and nobody else. This also makes it kind of seem like in a way she manipulates Superman in order to get a story.

Here is my biggest pet peeve with Lois: nearly every version will at one point give Superman a "stop being so protective I can take care of myself!" speech. The problem is this always turns out not to be true. Every week of your life this man is saving you from something, you don't get to say you can "take care of yourself" after all that.

Trocity
Lois is a strong, independent woman.

How dare you, sir.

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
Lois is a strong, independent woman.

How dare you, sir.

That is the problem..she is presented as someone who is supposed to be strong, but this is constantly undermined by her constantly requiring saving. It is to the point where the character would of been dead 1,000 times over if she wasn't an attractive female.

riv6672
Not sure about the DCnu version, but most modern versions portray her as both a strong independent woman AND taking needless risks because she knows Superman has her back.
I cant blame her, i'd do the same thing if i had that kind of advantage.

Bentley

Surtur
People do get saved by Superman all the time, but most of them don't purposely take on life or death risks because they know Superman will always be there to save them.

riv6672
Bingo.

Mindship
It's a fetish. She can't help it, the girl can't help it.

SquallX
***** needs to die, she's ****ing useless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.