ROTJ Vader and Luke Vs TPM Sidious and Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Vader and Luke travel back in time to stop Sidious.

The confront Sidious and Maul where Qui Gon and Obi wan fought Maul.

Its a all out fight.

Who wins?

Trocity
TPM Sidious is featless.

Kotor3
Not really he skilled his master while he was sleeping.

Trocity
lol

quanchi112
Based on all movie feats team Maul wins.

EmperorSidious2
Isn't this is in the wrong thread? Team 2. No matter who fights who team 2 wins.

If Sidious fights Vader he wins due to being greater than Vader in everyway.

It sure how Luke goes up against maul but either way Sidious can just finish the job.

Then if Vader fights maul. Vader wins but if Luke fight Sidious, Luke is done for. So at the ends of the day Sidious is what brings this team to victory.

Kotor3
I personally do not see TPM Sidious beating ROTJ Vader. If Sidious fights Luke first, Vader will get piss very quickly and probably force choke Maul to dealt and then Sidious

Maul is irrelevant. Luke beats him then helps his father. Either way both Luke and Vader will get piss quickly if they see the other one losing and tap into their force reserve and take out their opponent and help the other for the win.

ares834
We don't know how powerful TPM Sidious is. Presumably though, he is around RotS level, so team 2 wins.

Trocity
Yeah, this is movie feats only, right?

No idea how one could possibly think Maul is irrelevant.

If we were to assume TPM Sidious can perform in similar fashion as he did in the ROTS film, then yeah, team 2 wins easily.

Kotor3
How is team 2 winning easily? First what makes you think Maul can be Luke? He was hard press to be a padawan Obi wan.

It is going to be a hell of a battle between Vader and Sidious. A piss off Luke over powered Vader what makes you think Maul could withstand. Vader will also get piss off in this fight. Its not like he going to fight Sidious the same way he fought Luke.

People seem to forget Vader had no real desire to defeat Sidious until he found out his son was alive. Sidious had some freakish mind control thing over Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Yeah, this is movie feats only, right?

No idea how one could possibly think Maul is irrelevant.

If we were to assume TPM Sidious can perform in similar fashion as he did in the ROTS film, then yeah, team 2 wins easily. Kotor is a biased fanboy who ignores evidence.

Trocity
Originally posted by Kotor3
How is team 2 winning easily?

Because if we are taking ROTS Sidious' feats into account, he blitzed two masters before they could react, killed another within seconds, has displayed better speed and skill feats than either Luke or Vader and, the deal breaker, has lightning ( which we've already seen Luke couldn't do shit against and we know Vader is susceptible to ). Throw Maul in there who could arguably defeat either via being far more acrobatic/athletic and also displaying superior speed feats, and it's an easy win for them.

"First what makes you think Maul can be Luke? He was hard press to be a padawan Obi wan."

See above.

"It is going to be a hell of a battle between Vader and Sidious."

Not really.

"A piss off Luke over powered Vader what makes you think Maul could withstand."

Maul handled pissed off Obi-Wan alright. Raged Obi-Wan displayed superior speed to raged Luke, Luke was just physically superior. Even if he can't, what makes you assume Luke is going to get into the same state he did against Vader? Vader was taunting him, saying he would turn Leia to the Dark Side, and that's what drove him over the edge.

"Vader will also get piss off in this fight."

Why? no expression

"Its not like he going to fight Sidious the same way he fought Luke."

Okay?

"People seem to forget Vader had no real desire to defeat Sidious until he found out his son was alive. Sidious had some freakish mind control thing over Vader."

???

Vader has always wanted to overthrow Sidious, he just wasn't powerful enough to. Discovering his son was alive gave him the opportunity, that's all.

Kotor3

Trocity

Kotor3
@Trocity: The same thing is happening to me when I try to use quote on your post.

Simply put if you are going to take that approach to this discussion then we are going to have to agree to disagree. Movie feats are used yes but in context.

So if I was to say that Vader could force choke Maul and Sidious to death, based on what movie feat from Sidious or Maul would you use to proved that false? However, I know that would not be true for Sidious because of his power level and the explanation of how the force works from various different resources.

I also gave you the example of comparing visuals from a 1983 movie to that of a 1999. It isn't fair. So to be fair you have to go off of what you know the director was looking to portray.

MOS during combat move faster than what is displayed in Reeve's version of Superman. Does that mean he was faster? No because the reality of it is that Reeve's superman was moving extremely fast during combat however the difference in special effects clearly makes MOS seem faster.

There is nothing that I mentioned that was based upon EU. During the clone wars Sidious did not think he was strong enough to confront Yoda. He did in ROTS. Thus showing he increase in power.

TPM Sidious is not on the same level as ROTS or ROTJ Sidious. It is very possible that ROTJ Vader is on the same level or more powerful than TPM Sidious.

As for Maul, he would be a great battle for Luke but a Luke going all out is much different from the one that was holding back when fighting Vader.

carthage
Strictly going by canon feats and movie feats only TPM Sidious has shown very little

Trocity
Simply put if you are going to take that approach to this discussion then we are going to have to agree to disagree. Movie feats are used yes but in context.

Fair enough, we might have to.

I also gave you the example of comparing visuals from a 1983 movie to that of a 1999. It isn't fair. So to be fair you have to go off of what you know the director was looking to portray.

Sure but didn't Lucas himself say that the PT was the golden age of the jedi, height of their power, etc. and that he wanted to show how well the Jedi from that era could fight when he made The Phantom Menace? And that Vader was a cyborg shell of his former self, and when he and Kenobi fought they were far past their prime? If we go solely by movies but take that in context, he's worse than ROTS Anakin, Kenobi, Dooku, Mace, etc. for sure, and arguably Maul and Jinn to be frank. ( Might be a stretch but you see what I mean )

ares834
The new overlords of SW have claimed Vader is in his prime while suited. Vader > Anakin.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Trocity
Fair enough, we might have to.

Sure but didn't Lucas himself say that the PT was the golden age of the jedi, height of their power, etc. and that he wanted to show how well the Jedi from that era could fight when he made The Phantom Menace? And that Vader was a cyborg shell of his former self, and when he and Kenobi fought they were far past their prime? If we go solely by movies but take that in context, he's worse than ROTS Anakin, Kenobi, Dooku, Mace, etc. for sure, and arguably Maul and Jinn to be frank. ( Might be a stretch but you see what I mean ) I thought GL's comment was more in reference to the fact that the Sith were supposedly no more and there was balance in the force.

In ANH Vader clearly states to Obi wan that his powers are at there peak. "When we met I was but a student. Now I am master." "My powers are at there peak". He does tell Obi wan that his powers are weak". Showing also that his powers had increased.

Nibedicus
If you're looking for Sidious "feats", this is what Sidious can do:

https://youtu.be/-7hBZNsPnyg

canon btw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.