Apollo vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130215143027/marvel_dc/images/7/72/Apollo_Wildstorm_Universe_0001.jpg

vs

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel-war-of-heroes/images/7/7d/ExtremisIronMan3.jpg

1. No prep, no bfr and no door.

2. With 4 hours prep, bfr and door are on.

Who wins?

Digi
In the first scenario, once upon a time, Apollo. Nowadays, Tony.

In the second one, the instantaneous nature of doors would make this a near-impossible win for Tony, prep or not.

Genii96
Apollo melts his ass

riv6672
^^^Ha, no.

1. Tony
2. Apollo

Digi
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Ha, no.

1. Tony
2. Apollo

Agreed. Though. it wouldn't be an easy fight for Tony. Mind you, I said he wins in the first fight. But if Apollo takes the fight to space, it becomes a bit less assured.

SevenShackles
Going by the picture to determine which Apollo your talking about I'd say Tony takes slight majority in 1. In 2 even with prep I see it being 'The Apollo show'. Definitely his fight to lose. He is brutal and smart enough to take the fight where it will benefit him and give Tony one hell of a fight.

JayDaDon
Is Apollo really better than Tony with prep?

DarkSaint85
He's more effective.

Tony with prep will build an Apollobuster, which wont take into account something, and will be rekt

Apollo will spend 4 hours sundipping, then use doors to port Tony to the Sun.

riv6672
Apollo's not better than Tony with prep, the Door(s) just give him a huge advantage. Mutual prep without Door(s), i'd choose Tony.

DarkSaint85
Apollo's not better than Tony with prep, the Door(s) just give him a huge advantage. Mutual prep without Door(s), i'd choose Tony.

I guess I've just not been that impressed with Tony when he preps for specific opponents.

Thorbuster? Thor was surprised, then destroyed it.
Hulkbuster? Pick one, any one.
Phoenixbuster? Made things worse.
Magnetobuster? Mags was actually winning, then turned his attention elsewhere.

riv6672
Perfectly valid point.

IMO though, Apollo isnt impressive enough to rate 'Buster armor, so it kind of evens things out.

DarkSaint85
Haha true.

Wonder if he just wore A Hulkbuster, would it be enough?

riv6672
I tried out several Apollo threads here and was told in no uncertain terms Apollo was Thing level (with more variety), so the HBA would be overkill.

SevenShackles
I tried out several Apollo threads here and was told in no uncertain terms Apollo was Thing level (with more variety), so the HBA would be overkill. r

Thing level? New 52 or wildstorn versions? I'd say he has the potential to be higher than that

Scoobless
I tried out several Apollo threads here and was told in no uncertain terms Apollo was Thing level (with more variety), so the HBA would be overkill.

Seriously?

I haven't seen anything with Apollo since the old Authority comics, that dude would crush the Thing into a pile of pebbles.

riv6672
Well, i'm going with what i've learned here. IM for the win in 1.

Digi
Yeah, Apollo >> Thing. Anyone saying otherwise was wildly misinformed. Apollo is a low herald Superman archetype. He'd definitely take it to any high meta bricks, just as he'd lose to any mid herald bricks.

Tony's starting to blur that line between meta and herald, and obviously has more tricks than most, which is why this is a good fight.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Is Apollo really better than Tony with prep?

"Door"

With that word, he can dump Tony literally anywhere he wants. Heart of the sun, center of a black hole. You name it.

So no, he's not. He just has access to a haxx multiversal spaceship, per the OP's stipulations.

krisblaze
"Door"

The most OP word in comics.

JayDaDon
Thats broken as phuck lol

JayDaDon
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I guess I've just not been that impressed with Tony when he preps for specific opponents.

His busters could use some actual wins instead of subduing or keeping busy. His regular armors seem to accomplish much more on average.

Ionceknewu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I can remember way back when, when Tony insulated his suit against Magnetism and beat magneto up. This was long ago.

Scoobless
Originally posted by JayDaDon
His busters could use some actual wins instead of subduing or keeping busy. His regular armors seem to accomplish much more on average.

He just likes handicapping himself.

stick out tongue

riv6672
Its the Worf effect.
Tony's specialty armors ate used to show how badass the characters he creates them for are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.