Doc Green vs Odinson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Grimes
Who wins?

celeyhyga17
Split or edge to Doc. Knowing Odinson he'll forget his other abilities and go in hacking away. Plus we know Hulk is a melee monster no matter what version. Giving him wins due to Jarnbjorn being powerful as phukk when it comes to slicing shiet.

carver9
Yeah, that blade makes Thor more dangerous than he was when he had Mjlonir. Still giving the edge to Doc, especially if he's going all out. He felt confident that he could take out she Thor teamed with a group of Avengers.

StiltmanFTW
Borgrandson loses, as always.

Green works like yellow against Green Lanterns in his case.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Yeah, that blade makes Thor more dangerous than he was when he had Mjlonir. Still giving the edge to Doc, especially if he's going all out. He felt confident that he could take out she Thor teamed with a group of Avengers.
He's not more dangerous than without Mjolnir.

Adam Grimes
Lady Thor would've steamrolled him.

Time-Immemorial
Thor Shitstomps and turns him into his slave.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He's not more dangerous than without Mjolnir.

He has a one shot kill weapon that could do serious damage to Heralds. Yes, he is more dangerous.

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Lady Thor would've steamrolled him.

Lol...she didn't even think she could beat him.

Khazra Reborn
Thor has been pretty impressive despite being unworthy, in fact he hasn't really even had any low showings. He solidly matched Whor, and beat the shit out of a small army of super humans that included Apocalypse and Absorbing Man.

And so far, Doc Green seems to lack the temperament to really ramp up his strength, as seen in his fight with Rulk.

Odinson ftw.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thor impressive

oxymoron

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
oxymoron

Oh look, a funny man.

StiltmanFTW
Oh look, an assguardian.

stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
He has a one shot kill weapon that could do serious damage to Heralds. Yes, he is more dangerous.
That's what he has in Mjolnir ++

carver9
Thor has been pretty impressive despite being unworthy, in fact he hasn't really even had any low showings. He solidly matched Whor, and beat the shit out of a small army of super humans that included Apocalypse and Absorbing Man.

And so far, Doc Green seems to lack the temperament to really ramp up his strength, as seen in his fight with Rulk.

Odinson ftw.

WTF...

Did you look at the Rulk fight? They were shaking the planet during their scuffle. Also, Hulk performance (a weaker Hulk) against Thor with Mjlonir looked far better than Thor showing against Loki with Mjlonir. With that said, Doc Green murders him. Don't see Thor being awake from hits Doc can dish out.

Khazra Reborn
Oh look, an assguardian.

stick out tongue

So, you're insinuating I guard asses? That doesn't sound like much of an insult.

celeyhyga17
oxymoron
Come back to Sabes vs Odinson thread. I need another gud laugh

Khazra Reborn
WTF...

Did you look at the Rulk fight? They were shaking the planet during their scuffle. Also, Hulk performance (a weaker Hulk) against Thor with Mjlonir looked far better than Thor showing against Loki with Mjlonir. With that said, Doc Green murders him. Don't see Thor being awake from hits Doc can dish out.

Sure bro.

celeyhyga17
WTF...

hysterical

StiltmanFTW
Come back to Sabes vs Odinson thread. I need another gud laugh

I got enough laugh already, seeing you cherry-picking the best panel vs. piercing dmg from the Manbeast fight smile

Ignoring, y'know, the bloody red ones. Typical.

celeyhyga17
I got enough laugh already, seeing you cherry-picking the best panel vs. piercing dmg from the Manbeast fight smile

Ignoring, y'know, the bloody red ones. Typical.
facepalm

StiltmanFTW
That's right. We have enough janithors already. You're fired, celey.

carver9
hysterical

thumb down

Doc punch extremely hard bro. Loki had Thor on his knees and you don't think Doc could pull a majority? Gotcha.

StiltmanFTW
Carver, let's do a DBZ fusion dance. With your... unique abilities and my genuine hatred for JaniThor, we can get rid of those annoying assguardians once and for all!!!

http://i60.tinypic.com/24oy4w0.jpg

celeyhyga17
thumb down

Doc punch extremely hard bro. Loki had Thor on his knees and you don't think Doc could pull a majority? Gotcha.
I already said split or edge to Doc Hulk. You're jumping again into conclusions without reading properly.
Split or edge to Doc. Knowing Odinson he'll forget his other abilities and go in hacking away. Plus we know Hulk is a melee monster no matter what version. Giving him wins due to Jarnbjorn being powerful as phukk when it comes to slicing shiet.

And Loki had Thor on his knees using "the power of Thor". Faulty reasoning all around from you... Smh...

Khazra Reborn
^And don't forget, Hulk doesn't have the luxury of having the power of Thor, if Thor shoves the lightning bolt up Hulk's ass that he hit Loki with, Hulk isn't going to be sitting too pretty after that.

Sin I AM
WTF...

Isnt Rulk weaker now?

carver9
I already said split or edge to Doc Hulk. You're jumping again into conclusions without reading properly.

And Loki had Thor on his knees using "the power of Thor". Faulty reasoning all around from you... Smh...

Lol...he didn't use lightning to put Thor down though. He pounded him to his knees.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Isnt Rulk weaker now?

Not when he fought Doc Green. He was sleeping and relaxing in a radiation plant for days absorbing it because he knew Doc would show up to challenge him again. Doc said that if he didn't beat him, Rulk would've been unstoppable (due to all of the amping he did).

Sin I AM
U referencing the fight after he was running around depowering people

celeyhyga17
Lol...he didn't use lightning to put Thor down though. He pounded him to his knees.
facepalm

Loki - "Your power indeed brother. The power you held when you stood for justice and honor across the universe entire when you were worthy! Feel that power now!"

I guess throwing Mjolnir while using Thor's strength is obviously not "the power of Thor".

sad

carver9
^And don't forget, Hulk doesn't have the luxury of having the power of Thor, if Thor shoves the lightning bolt up Hulk's ass that he hit Loki with, Hulk isn't going to be sitting too pretty after that.

Lol...he doesn't need Thor powers. Thor himself described the best and only way to fight and beat Hulk and it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with lightning.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2746247-2304749_3_super.jpg

"Plans? For a creature such as the Hulk BRUTE FORCE IS THE "ONLY" PLAN" possible. Lightning would probably piss Hulk off. There's a time when this was contradicted and Thor did drop him but other times, Hulk has brushed Thor's lightning off and kept fighting.

carver9
U referencing the fight after he was running around depowering people

Yes!!! Rulk was amped which is the fight I am bringing up.

carver9
facepalm

Loki - "Your power indeed brother. The power you held when you stood for justice and honor across the universe entire when you were worthy! Feel that power now!"

I guess throwing Mjolnir while using Thor's strength is obviously not "the power of Thor".

sad

Lol...of course he had the power of Thor...never said he didn't. Doesn't change what I said. He PHYSICALLY brought Thor to his knees with blows that isn't on Docs consistent level.

Khazra Reborn
Lol...he doesn't need Thor powers. Thor himself described the best and only way to fight and beat Hulk and it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with lightning.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2746247-2304749_3_super.jpg

"Plans? For a creature such as the Hulk BRUTE FORCE IS THE "ONLY" PLAN" possible. Lightning would probably piss Hulk off. There's a time when this was contradicted and Thor did drop him but other times, Hulk has brushed Thor's lightning off and kept fighting.

FFS, firstly he's not saying lightning would piss Hulk off, he's saying he wants to brawl with him. If Thor let loose with the lighting bolt he hit Loki with, Hulk would definitely be on wobbling on queer street.

carver9
FFS, firstly he's not saying lightning would piss Hulk off, he's saying he wants to brawl with him. If Thor let loose with the lighting bolt he hit Loki with, Hulk would definitely be on wobbling on queer street.

I never said HE said that. I added that part in but he did say that brute force is the ONLY plan POSSIBLE for beating Hulk. No denying that.

Lol...you think he would be wobbly. Thor doesn't even believe that. Hell, Hulk doesn't believe that and in a fight like this, he would probably not get the chance to even go that route since Hulk would be all over him. Doc has been claimed as being one of the most powerful beings on the planet... I don't think Thor would be the one taking that claim away from him either.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Your lack of reading comprehension is frightfully bad man. Actually scratch that, this is a full on lie imo.

Hercules and the others were trying to go according to the plan and Thor's response was in regards to using brawn over brains with such a creature.

Seriously, in the very same page lightning was used to signify the return of his godly hood.

Fyi, the most recent showing had with Thor's lightning was him getting knocked out by the mere radiant energy around Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The best part is that in the comic above, a single -and relatively low end by Thor's standards- bolt put Hulk on his knees (With Betty even doubting if he could take more):
http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23474899_Hulk440_12a.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23474900_Hulk440_13a.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Your lack of reading comprehension is frightfully bad man. Actually scratch that, this is a full on lie imo.

Hercules and the others were trying to go according to the plan and Thor's response was in regards to using brawn over brains with such a creature.

Seriously, in the very same page lightning was used to signify the return of his godly hood.

Fyi, the most recent showing had with Thor's lightning was him getting knocked out by the mere radiant energy around Thor.

WTF. Read it again. I interpreted that just fine.

carver9
The best part is that in the comic above, a single -and relatively low end by Thor's standards- bolt put Hulk on his knees (With Betty even doubting if he could take more):
http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23474899_Hulk440_12a.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23474900_Hulk440_13a.jpg

Lol...Hulk was up and fighting before Thor even got to him after that scene.

Blue Area Vet
I never said HE said that. I added that part in but he did say that brute force is the ONLY plan POSSIBLE for beating Hulk. No denying that.

Lol...you think he would be wobbly. Thor doesn't even believe that. Hell, Hulk doesn't believe that and in a fight like this, he would probably not get the chance to even go that route since Hulk would be all over him. Doc has been claimed as being one of the most powerful beings on the planet... I don't think Thor would be the one taking that claim away from him either.

Carver, stop it. Thor HAS used lighting successfully against Hulk, end of story. Don't lie.

Khazra Reborn

Also, this isn't even full power Thor, he's being powered by the Leader here, after he lost his powers.

ShadowFyre
Thor vs. Hulk. Neither one of them wants to take the others best imo. Thor doesent want to geound and pounded, and Doc Green certainly doesent want to be on the recieving end of Jarnborn because it will be game over.

If I was Doc Green I would either bumrush Odinson and use my larger mass slightly superior strength, and healing factor to stay in as close as possible and try to keep him from getting a full on swing with that axe. Or I would keep my distance, peppering him with my surroundings until I could get a chance to disarm him or get a good couple haymakers in.

If I was Thor, I would immediately open up with massive lightning bolts that may not kill Hulk but we all agree that it will hurt and stun him, pairing this with random pieces of the earth opening up at my fommand and massive storms that would blind and disorient Doc even if for a few seconds should let me be able to get a good shot in with Jarnborn and its over.

ShadowFyre
Hmmm, Doc Green or Maestro w/Jarnborn vs.....something. Its stuck in my head though.

carver9
Also, this isn't even full power Thor, he's being powered by the Leader here, after he lost his powers.

That is full powered Thor. What are you talking about?

celeyhyga17
That being full powered Thor has to be taken with a grain of salt when the very next day in Avengers #397(yes, the next day as was described in narration) Thor collapsed just by eating a tank bomb and whirling the blast away from civilians. And with the backdrop of hints that the Leader(Omnibus) was responsible for his power up in Inc Hulk #440 and with Widow outright stating he's not the thunder god he once was... I know how you love to hang your hat on that fight, but facts are facts.

sad

Khazra Reborn

He's not. There was something that messed with Tge World Tree and it depowered Thor, it's been years so I'm a bit hazy on the details, but he's being powered by Leader.

carver9
That being full powered Thor has to be taken with a grain of salt when the very next day in Avengers #397(yes, the next day as was described in narration) Thor collapsed just by eating a tank bomb and whirling the blast away from civilians. And with the backdrop of hints that the Leader(Omnibus) was responsible for his power up in Inc Hulk #440 and with Widow outright stating he's not the thunder god he once was... I know how you love to hang your hat on that fight, but facts are facts.

sad

Lol...both Hulk and Thor has worst showings than being dropped by a tank shell. That doesn't mean he wasn't at full power, we call that a low showing.

In the same scan I posted where he states he isn't the god he once was, we clearly see his power restored. Beforehand, he didn't even want to face Hulk until his power was restored.

carver9
He's not. There was something that messed with Tge World Tree and it depowered Thor, it's been years so I'm a bit hazy on the details, but he's being powered by Leader.

Yes, BEFORE he faced Hulk. Once he tapped that hammer on the ground and got his power back, he was at full power and even referenced it. Please look at the scan I posted.

celeyhyga17
Lol...both Hulk and Thor has worst showings than being dropped by a tank shell. That doesn't mean he wasn't at full power, we call that a low showing.

In the same scan I posted where he states he isn't the god he once was, we clearly see his power restored. Beforehand, he didn't even want to face Hulk until his power was restored.
facepalm

Black Widow makes the statement right after he collapsed. Come to think of it I was actually wrong on my description. He no sold a gamma bomb and not an ordinary one. Dude collapsed from transporting the blast away from the civilians. Heck in Thor #497 while in NY(which also happened the next day after Hulk #440, he thought he was back to normal up until he tried a lightning shot and was dumbfounded when it fizzled out like static.

"Full powered Thor"... Give me a break. laughing

carver9
facepalm

Black Widow makes the statement right after he collapsed. Come to think of it I was actually wrong on my description. He no sold a gamma bomb and not an ordinary one. Dude collapsed from transporting the blast away from the civilians. Heck in Thor #497 while in NY(which also happened the next day after Hulk #440, he thought he was back to normal up until he tried a lightning shot and was dumbfounded when it fizzled out like static.

"Full powered Thor"... Give me a break. laughing

But yet we get full confirmation that Thor was at full power before jumping in the battle to fight Hulk. We get confirmation from him that he doesn't stand a chance against Hulk but when his power is restored he jumps on the battlefield to fight Hulk. You can point out all of the low showings you want but that doesn't go against anything that was showing during the instance of Hulk fighting a full powered Thor.

carver9

celeyhyga17
But yet we get full confirmation that Thor was at full power before jumping in the battle to fight Hulk. We get confirmation from him that he doesn't stand a chance against Hulk but when his power is restored he jumps on the battlefield to fight Hulk. You can point out all of the low showings you want but that doesn't go against anything that was showing during the instance of Hulk fighting a full powered Thor.
Wtf? It wasn't until the end Thor #500 when he tries to pull Odin's sword out of Ygdrassil that he was back to being truly the god of thunder which consequently repowered back other Asgardians like Red Norvell.

In Avengers #397 it specifically references Hulk #439 as Leader(Omnibus) being the likely cause of his power up. They're not just going to specifically bring up that issue in reference to Thor's power up for nothing.

I'm sorry it may eat at you, but you can't just hand wave multiple on panel references that throws what you're saying out the window.

Your explanations on low showings are false since they follow up each shortcoming with an explanation of his power loss.

Khazra Reborn
Yes, BEFORE he faced Hulk. Once he tapped that hammer on the ground and got his power back, he was at full power and even referenced it. Please look at the scan I posted.

No. When he hit Mjolnir on the ground he activated the power from Leader, which he then fought Hulk with. Hence why he was surprised.

carver9
Wtf? It wasn't until the end Thor #500 when he tries to pull Odin's sword out of Ygdrassil that he was back to being truly the god of thunder which consequently repowered back other Asgardians like Red Norvell.

In Avengers #397 it specifically references Hulk #439 as Leader(Omnibus) being the likely cause of his power up. They're not just going to specifically bring up that issue in reference to Thor's power up for nothing.

I'm sorry it may eat at you, but you can't just hand wave multiple on panel references that throws what you're saying out the window.

Your explanations on low showings are false since they follow up each shortcoming with an explanation of his power loss.

Thor felt pretty got darn sure he was at full power and again, he didn't feel confident when he wasn't Devine enough to face the Hulk. He only proceeded at doing that when he got his power back. He only faced Hulk when he was complete.

Also, lol at you bringing up what dropped Thor afterwards. Tank shell? Really? Let's do a comparison here. Thor withstood some hits from a pissed Hulk in the artic. Are you telling me that Hulk fist isn't comparable to a tank shell? Hulk fist > everything else that you brought up that dropped Thor. Also, might as well bring up Thor going Warrior Madness as well.

carver9
No. When he hit Mjolnir on the ground he activated the power from Leader, which he then fought Hulk with. Hence why he was surprised.

Thor felt that he was at full power which is the reason he attacked Hulk. Before then, he was pissed that he didn't have the power to go against the Hulk.

celeyhyga17
Thor felt pretty got darn sure he was at full power and again, he didn't feel confident when he wasn't Devine enough to face the Hulk. He only proceeded at doing that when he got his power back. He only faced Hulk when he was complete.

Also, lol at you bringing up what dropped Thor afterwards. Tank shell? Really? Let's do a comparison here. Thor withstood some hits from a pissed Hulk in the artic. Are you telling me that Hulk fist isn't comparable to a tank shell? Hulk fist > everything else that you brought up that dropped Thor. Also, might as well bring up Thor going Warrior Madness as well.
Carvster. Please read carefully my posts before you reply. First I already explained that it wasn't the gamma bomb that dropped him. He ate that without a problem. Dude collapsed just from him transporting the explosion away. Second we see the comic stating that he "may not be the thunder god he once was". It's not a low showing when the comic is specifically giving a reason for his not so god of thunderness. Looking back at it now, his berserker mindset in that fight was what kept him in it.

In the beginning of Thor #497(also happened one day after the Hulk fight), Thor thought to himself that all his powers have returned through the machinations of Leader. He was even exhibiting some of his powers like super strength, lightning, and weather manipulation. Same issue had one of his lightning shot attempts fizzle out like static.

Thor powered up by leader =/= to Thor powered up by Asgard/Odin.

Thor was not fully restored. All things considered, it's just foolish to accept that.

Khazra Reborn
Thor felt that he was at full power which is the reason he attacked Hulk. Before then, he was pissed that he didn't have the power to go against the Hulk.

Doesn't change the fact that he wasn't.

I don't know what you want me to tell you here, just read the story and you'll see.

carver9
Carvster. Please read carefully my posts before you reply. First I already explained that it wasn't the gamma bomb that dropped him. He ate that without a problem. Dude collapsed just from him transporting the explosion away. Second we see the comic stating that he "may not be the thunder god he once was". It's not a low showing when the comic is specifically giving a reason for his not so god of thunderness. Looking back at it now, his berserker mindset in that fight was what kept him in it.

In the beginning of Thor #497(also happened one day after the Hulk fight), Thor thought to himself that all his powers have returned through the machinations of Leader. He was even exhibiting some of his powers like super strength, lightning, and weather manipulation. Same issue had one of his lightning shot attempts fizzle out like static.

Thor powered up by leader =/= to Thor powered up by Asgard/Odin.

Thor was not fully restored. All things considered, it's just foolish to accept that.

Thor tells us that ALL of his power was restored...not some of it, not partial either; he said ALL of his power was restored by leader and he said that he will take advantage of this while it was there.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11111/111113173/3923061-thor's+powers+return.jpg

Full powered Thor bro.

carver9
Doesn't change the fact that he wasn't.

I don't know what you want me to tell you here, just read the story and you'll see.

Read above.

Khazra Reborn
Read above.

For the love of God, just read the story. He doesn't know he's being powered by the leader, he thinks he's at full power but he isn't. I don't even know why you're bothering at this point.

Time-Immemorial
What would happen if Thor shoved his hammer down Doc's throat? How would he get it out? Besides Doc getting his teeth knocked out.

Sin I AM
For the love of God, just read the story. He doesn't know he's being powered by the leader, he thinks he's at full power but he isn't. I don't even know why you're bothering at this point. lol

celeyhyga17
Thor tells us that ALL of his power was restored...not some of it, not partial either; he said ALL of his power was restored by leader and he said that he will take advantage of this while it was there.

Full powered Thor bro.
You just repeated what I already said. Same book I can show you one of his lightning shots fizzling out. How do you explain that? Then in the same day he collapses after transporting away a gamma bomb explosion with explanation from the book itself that he's not the same as he once was.

Him believing having all his powers have returned does not necessarily mean he's back to full godly status or "full power" as you like to call it.

Like I said before, Leader powering him up =/= to him getting repowered through Asgard/Odin. Unless of course you believe Leader has access to skyfather powers. In that case no one can help you.

sad

ODG
You just repeated what I already said. Same book I can show you one of his lightning shots fizzling out. How do you explain that? Then in the same day he collapses after transporting away a gamma bomb explosion with explanation from the book itself that he's not the same as he once was.

Him believing having all his powers have returned does not necessarily mean he's back to full godly status or "full power" as you like to call it.

Like I said before, Leader powering him up =/= to him getting repowered through Asgard/Odin. Unless of course you believe Leader has access to skyfather powers. In that case no one can help you.

sad Leader empowered him? I don't recall. Anyone have scans?

krisblaze

Iirc its just david being ****ing clueless. Hence the talk of warrior madness, etc

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Leader empowered him? I don't recall. Anyone have scans?
They never fully explained how, but the writers went about it lazy way. Probably because it would have been too complicated a process.

Anyways in Avengers #397, Vision tells Thor that it may have been the Leader all along who was responsible for his return to "godly glory". The book even went as far as to reference Hulk #439(issue before the fight) to explain that specific statement. All I remember from that issue is Leader's constant machinations in the shadows as was the case in that whole arc, that ultimately led into the fight.

Then we have Carver's scan from Thor #497 with him narrating that the Leader was responsible for getting his powers back... Essentially telling the readers that once again the reason for him flying around over the city was because of the Leader.

Really dumb and lazy way I know.

carver9
Getting HIS POWER back.

Sin I AM
Its weird they never showed the method in which the leader empowered him. Even if he wasn't in full god mode that's still a legit feat. Pity

celeyhyga17
Its weird they never showed the method in which the leader empowered him. Even if he wasn't in full god mode that's still a legit feat. Pity
I think it's because Marvel just wanted to shoehorn that fight in Hulk #440. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to see another Hulk and Thor showdown? They couldn't have him severely depowered and having a titanic battle with the Hulk could they?
Hence the lazy approach.
sad

It's funny all their hand waving of how Thor got powered up in that issue with all the half-@$$ed explanations in related follow up issues and what not.

Bottom line is he was never truly was back to his true godly status until the end of Thor #499 after he tried pulling Odin's sword from Ygrdrassil.

Sin I AM
I think it's because Marvel just wanted to shoehorn that fight in Hulk #440. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to see another Hulk and Thor showdown? They couldn't have him severely depowered and having a titanic battle with the Hulk could they?
Hence the lazy approach.
sad

It's funny all their hand waving of how Thor got powered up in that issue with all the half-@$$ed explanations in related follow up issues and what not.

Bottom line is he was never truly was back to his true godly status until the end of Thor #499 after he tried pulling Odin's sword from Ygrdrassil.

Figures... why is that Thor being brought up anyway? They aren't analogous

celeyhyga17
Figures... why is that Thor being brought up anyway? They aren't analogous
Carver brought up the fight as proof that the only way to beat Hulk was with something Thor said in the scan. Something about "brute force" being the only option.. He misinterpreted though because as opposed to taking a more cerebral approach and planning ahead with the Avengers, Thor just wanted to go in like gangbusters using a direct approach.

It was Carver's way of secretly conceding that lightning would phukk him up nicely so he tried to skirt around that issue by claiming that even Thor believes only "brute force" as in only melee can stop Hulk. You know since Thor said it and all..
laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
I won't just stand here and let you treat my boy Carver like that, in the thread I made.

Stop sad

Sin I AM
Carver brought up the fight as proof that the only way to beat Hulk was with something Thor said in the scan. Something about "brute force" being the only option.. He misinterpreted though because as opposed to taking a more cerebral approach and planning ahead with the Avengers, Thor just wanted to go in like gangbusters using a direct approach.

It was Carver's way of secretly conceding that lightning would phukk him up nicely so he tried to skirt around that issue by claiming that even Thor believes only "brute force" as in only melee can stop Hulk. You know since Thor said it and all..
laughing out loud

Well that's Thors shtick, he loves going melee even though he's better than that. Honestly id never even touch hulk. Id hit him with a lightning blast then put mjolnir on his chest till he calmed tf down. Or just port him somewhere, fighting him is a waste of time.

carver9

laughing out loud

He did say it though.

celeyhyga17
Well that's Thors shtick, he loves going melee even though he's better than that. Honestly id never even touch hulk. Id hit him with a lightning blast then put mjolnir on his chest till he calmed tf down. Or just port him somewhere, fighting him is a waste of time.
That's why I actually would give Doc Hulk the edge here when forced to choose. We all know Thor would forget his other abilities and just start hacking away.

celeyhyga17
He did say it though.
Yes as in forgo any planning with his teammates and just jump into action. It's the same brains over brawn explanation from Rage. He doesn't literally mean that only punching him would work.

carver9
Yes as in forgo any planning with his teammates and just jump into action. It's the same brains over brawn explanation from Rage.

He basically said that no plan would work against Hulk except brute strength. Lol...Hulk was probably holding back anyways since his goal during all of this was to prevent a world wide war. Hell, during the end of the fight, Hulk saved Thor's life. Anyways, here's proof that Hulk's intention was to save the world and get the Avengers attention instead of, ya know, merking them...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3923041-hulk439_13b.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3923042-hulk439_15a.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3923043-hulk439_16a.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3923044-hulk439_17a.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3923045-hulk439_17b.jpg

Let's also not forget that the guy had a shrapnel in his brain that killed him later on.

celeyhyga17
He basically said that no plan would work against Hulk except brute strength. Lol...Hulk was probably holding back anyways since his goal during all of this was to prevent a world wide war. Hell, during the end of the fight, Hulk saved Thor's life. Anyways, here's proof that Hulk's intention was to save the world and get the Avengers attention instead of, ya know, merking them...

Let's also not forget that the guy had a shrapnel in his brain that killed him later on.
thumb up
Funny I actually agree with this point of view. Even though the fight was getting very heated and both combatants seemed to lose themselves in the moment, there were instances like the part towards the end which hint on the Hulk somewhat holding back.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is not Thor back to his true godly status.

And btw it's "brute force" and not brute strength. There is a distinct difference between the two.
Brute force in Thor's case can be anything from punching, grappling, kicking, lightning shots, hammering, etc.. You know since he's the god of thunder and all.
wink

DarkSaint85
Statements don't mean much, carver, I thought we went over this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.