Bane and Zannah vs. Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
These are: Orbalisk Bane, DoE Zannah and Plagueis at his best.

Setting: Naboo plains

No amp/prep time. No nexus feats allowed.

Who wins?

EmperorSidious2
Plagueis

Angelalex242
Plagueis, the 2nd best production of the Rule of 2 vastly outclasses its beginning.

Nephthys
No, he doesn't.

There's no way Plagueis can contend with Orbalisk Bane while Zannah is mentally attacking him.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
There's no way Plagueis can contend with Orbalisk Bane while Zannah is mentally attacking him.
Agreed.

Stigma
Yeah, Zannah's midpowers will be very troublesome for Plagueis.

Angelalex242
Unfortnately for Zannah, she's in speedblitz range. So is Bane, really. The armor doesn't do anything kind to his speed either.

Nephthys
Plagueis isn't that fast. Both of them are easily fast enough to avoid getting blitzed and have incredible defenses regardless.

Raptor22
Team

TerasKasi1023
Tean wins

The_Tempest
Plagueis with perhaps moderate difficulty thanks to the presence of orbalisks. He's faster and stronger than either of them, much more powerful, and Zannah's psychic attacks won't be doing anything to avert the inevitable outcome.

Angelalex242
The reason Plagueis is rated as on par if slightly below Caedus is because he IS, in fact, that fast. If there's a Sith Lord race, he's coming in third behind Sidious and Caedus.

SunRazer
Sith Lord race lol

Nephthys
Plagueis isn't beating Usain Tenebrous, brah.

ILS
Remember that time Bane tried to go for a run lmao

carthage
Plagueis blitzes or oneshots Zannah with telekinesis and then Bane dies again

Selenial
Plagueis isn't beating Usain Tenebrous, brah.

Shaak Ti is genuinely faster than Bane.

How does he come even close to Plagueis in speed.

Nephthys
Did you quote the wrong post or what?

Also Shaak Ti isn't faster than Bane and he comes close to Plagueis because Plagueis doesn't have the speed feats to suggest he blitzes. Or that he has an edge in speed.

Selenial
Did you quote the wrong post or what?

Also Shaak Ti isn't faster than Bane and he comes close to Plagueis because Plagueis doesn't have the speed feats to suggest he blitzes. Or that he has an edge in speed.

No I mean you're seeming to suggest Bane is even remotely fast, as Star Wars goes.

His only speed feat, she's beat, whereas Plagueis has far superior speed feats to them both :/

Nephthys
It's cute that you think that.

SunRazer
Except for running and dueling Venamis throughout a forest (which isn't your ideal racetrack) with such speed that an onlooker would've perceived their bout as forks of lightning streaking through the forest understory.

Bane isn't that fast, that's ridiculous.

SunRazer
On-topic, Plagueis wins. The Orbalisks and general teamwork makes the fight a hard one but Plagueis is simply better than Bane in every category sans durability (which isn't really relevant here). Zannah's absolutely outclassed as well, and her defensive abilities would help Bane ward off Plagueis for a time, but she's inevitably going to be either ragdolled or dismembered by his lightsaber.

Plagueis is aware that she practices Sorcery - he'd probably maintain the pressure on her to keep her from prepping any mental attacks, and Bane is just too slow to prevent that from happening. It's only a matter of time before Zannah dies, after which Plagueis is free to exploit Bane's weaknesses.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Except for running and dueling Venamis throughout a forest (which isn't your ideal racetrack) with such speed that an onlooker would've perceived their bout as forks of lightning streaking through the forest understory.

Bane isn't that fast, that's ridiculous.

Neither is Plagueis, that's just his supposition and it could easily mean their sabers clashing on one another. You're also misquoting that.

Also running speed is bullshit. Bane actually moved fast enough that even Zannah fought he was wielding a dozen sabers at once, which is just as good a feat as any of Plagueis'.

Selenial
Neither is Plagueis, that's just his supposition and it could easily mean their sabers clashing on one another.

Also running speed is bullshit. Bane actually moved fast enough that even Zannah fought he was wielding a dozen sabers at once, which is just as good a feat as any of Plagueis'.

Then you realize that speed is relative, and the fact she actually kept up means he obviously wasn't that fast...

Nephthys
Uh, no. It just means that her defense was that good. She didn't "keep up" she was barely surviving and totally retreating.

And how does that make him "not fast"?

SunRazer
Neither is Plagueis, that's just his supposition and it could easily mean their sabers clashing on one another. You're also misquoting that.

Wasn't quoting anything, but I got the gist of the feat.

Yes, Plagueis is that fast. I fail to see how you can sit there and claim it might just be his supposition/hyperbole/whatever else and that it's probably not accurate, and yet talk about Bane's dozen blades to Zannah thing, which evidently wasn't the case because Zannah actually fended off his strikes for a brief period of time. If she really saw a dozen blades coming at her at once she'd be blitzed and would only parry two to three attacks at most.

Emperordmb
Plagueis moves at a speed at which an onlooker would see him and Venamis as lightning. He's counted as one of the fastest in the mythos.

Bane moves at a speed at which several force sensitive onlookers can't even see. He's apparently slow af? No.

SunRazer
Who said Bane was slow? lmao

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Selenial
No I mean you're seeming to suggest Bane is even remotely fast, as Star Wars goes.
It kinda seemed like Seleniel was implying it, though she is fully welcome to correct me if I'm mistaken, and I do offer my apologies if that is indeed the case.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Wasn't quoting anything, but I got the gist of the feat.

Yes, Plagueis is that fast. I fail to see how you can sit there and claim it might just be his supposition/hyperbole/whatever else and that it's probably not accurate, and yet talk about Bane's dozen blades to Zannah thing, which evidently wasn't the case because Zannah actually fended off his strikes for a brief period of time. If she really saw a dozen blades coming at her at once she'd be blitzed and would only parry two to three attacks at most.

It doesn't say anything about forks of lightning, that makes it sound better than it really is.

Lmao. The difference is that we were directly told what Zannah was seeing whereas Plagueis just though "gee wiz, we'd look like lightning flashes" and then we never actually saw that. So saying it "evidently didn't happen" is kind of dumb considering we were directly told it did happen. And you do know that Zannah has this little thing? Called the Force? That lets her block attacks that she can't even see through super-enhanced reflexes and precognition? I know that its kind of hard to remember something established in the first ever star wars movie but trust me on this. And she also has technique where she spins her lightsaber and redirects attacks in such a way that she doesn't even need to be capable of perceiving the attack to defend against it. Also maybe her speed just exceeds her enhanced perceptions.

I mean, Maul was also fending off Sidious' attacks despite there being a ****ton from his perceptions in the novel.

Raptor22
"Plagueis took a moment to wonder if anyone at the fort was observing the results of the contest, which from afar, must have looked like lightning flashing through the forest's understory."

Im with neph on this. It was just his opinion on what he thought it would look like to people seeing it from far away. In my opinion the pretty substantial distance they were from the fort and the fact that plagueis mentions what it would look like from afar makes it fairly obvious he was talking about what their sabers clashing would look like to them.

SunRazer

Raptor22
The kursid warrior feat isnt really super impressive as a speed feat. Maybe an endurance feat.

They were non force sensitive, primitive warriors who were using axes and spears, and attacking in groups of 2 and 3.

"But the sith had simply ignored their offerings, waiting instead on the stony plain for the primitives to deploy their warriors, as the primitives did now with Plagueis and Sidious"

"A nod from Plagueis, and the two sith sped across the plain to meet them, flying among them like wraiths, evading arrows, gleaming spear tips, and blows from battle axes, going one against one, two, or three, but felling opponent after opponent with taps from force pikes,"

Flying among them like wraiths sounds cool but i wouldn't consider it one of the best speed feats in the mythos. Far from it actually. And i still havent seen anything that puts him on an uber elite speed level like most are saying.

I mean the guy got half his face ripped off by a non force sensitive assassin throwing basically a big ninja star. And he threw it so fast that Plagueis didnt even see it or know what happened until he reached up and touched what was left of his face.

If he could fight and perceive things at the speeds that r being argued that would have been like slow motion to him.

Stigma
Interesting approach.

McP
Plagueis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.