Sith Bracket

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
The following combatants will be fighting in an attempt to prove themselves the ultimate Sith Lord. Standard morals and equipment. The arena is the Trayus Core.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4671998-bracket.png

Fight takes place here:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120621170944/starwars/images/b/b7/TrayusCore.jpg

ILS
Probably Baras, Ludo or Bane.

ChaosTheory123
Kressh or Bane/Malak I suppose :hmm

Don't know enough about Baras to really say

Suppose he'd need to be pretty powerful to pretend to be a convincing Voice in front of ****ers that would have previously met a Voice? :hmm

The Merchant
Bane.

Ludo, although I dunno much about Lumiya.

Sion, especially since this is on Malachor V.

Baras.

SunRazer
Originally posted by The Merchant
Bane.

Baras.

It's a bracket, so it keeps on going as shown in the OP. So Bane fights Ludo, and Sion fights Baras, then the winners of those ones battle each other to become the champion.

carthage
Bane

Lumiya has no defense for his lightning, and while he'd lose a duel she lacks any defense for his telekinesis/lightning. He can also resist her Force phantoms (not that she'd get to use them because they were labor intensive to begin with)

Nephthys
Bane wins pretty easily. No one but him is worthy of even being considered the ultimate Sith Lord.

carthage
Does Nihl have any way to put Sion down?

Emperordmb
Bane, idk, Sion, Baras, Bane, Baras, Bane

carthage
Originally posted by The Merchant
Bane.

Baras.

Lumiya's force phantoms would **** Sion up lol, Thanaton can cook him with lightning as well

Nephthys
What if you throw Sion over the edge into the core of Malachor?

SunRazer
Sion dies if he falls into the abyss.

SunRazer
Bump.

NewGuy01
Why don't I see Quinlan and Dooku here?

SunRazer
No CW-era characters here bro.

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
Does Nihl have any way to put Sion down?

Not really.

SunRazer
He does if he can force Sion over the edge and into the abyss.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
No CW-era characters here bro.

Hmph, descrimination.

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Does Nihl have any way to put Sion down? He's pretty good at Beast Control... shifty

Sinious
@ ILS,

Do you still have Deceived Maglus > Maul - and - Savage > Hope Malgus?

I've been thinking about it and there is something not right about that placement.

NewGuy01
I wasn't under the impression he had Deceived Malgus > Maul tbh.

ILS
Originally posted by Sinious
@ ILS,

Do you still have Deceived Maglus > Maul - and - Savage > Hope Malgus?

I've been thinking about it and there is something not right about that placement. I'm rating Malgus lower than I used to nowadays so nah. But I do have Savage above Hope!Malgus.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
I'm rating Malgus lower than I used to nowadays so nah. But I do have Savage above Hope!Malgus.

Got it.

SunRazer
Hmm... bump.

A - Bane wins in a grueling duel. I'm not seeing Malak having any edges, but none of Bane's edges are exponential either. It's close or even in every category, to be honest. If anything, Malak is more pain tolerant, but it's not going to afford him the win.

B - Not too sure on this one. Ludo has never faced a lightwhip or any weapon like it before, let alone Lumiya's model, which means a duel is going to be pretty one-sided. To add insult to injury, Kressh's heavy Sith war blade isn't exactly ideal for facing Lumiya's lightwhip, either. That being said, Ludo is probably pain tolerant enough to withstand at least one or two lashings, and he should be smart enough to realize by that point that a duel is absolutely futile. If he made use of his considerably more potent telekinetic abilities, then he'll ragdoll Lumiya for the win.

C - Nihl is undoubtedly the better combatant across the board, though Sion's ability to feed off Nihl's Force power with Drain and his ability to revive at will is definitely going to make it a considerable challenge for Nihl to win. In fact, knocking Sion over the edge of the Trayus Core and possibly decapitating him are Nihl's only options for victory, but I don't see Sion really getting a win either.

D - Baras wins. He's shown greater prowess with a blade and I don't see Thanaton's Force powers affording him the majority.

E - If the combative prowess of the ancient Sith is to be believed exactly as Kreia describes it, then Kressh could well be Bane's rival in lightsaber combat or even his superior. Still, Bane's technique seems more refined and he's using a weapon that is unfamiliar to Kressh, not to mention lightsabers are just more efficient weapons than Sith war swords.

F - Baras is skilled enough to hold off Nihl in lightsaber combat, and with his supposed power-up from Sel-Makor, it's likely that he's more powerful. Not too sure who wins, though - Baras probably just edges it out.

G - It's a close fight but Bane's just better. Somewhat more skilled, primarily, and powerful enough to withstand anything Baras throws at him.

Nephthys
Malak more pain tolerant than Bane? Wut?

SunRazer
He survived having the jaw cut off and Mandalore's axe going straight into his body (which he recovered from in a panel). Bane resisting Orbalisks is great but not as good as the jaw, in my opinion.

Nephthys
Bane survived having half his flesh getting melted off, on top of the orbs going nuts and eating him on top again of his lightning cooking him.He resisted the constant pain of the orbs for a decade. And nothing previously remotely compared to the agony ofZannahs attack yet Bane still managed to resist it and keep fighting.

SunRazer
If you meant the Lightning Storm on Tython, Bane was absolutely cooked, unconscious, and near-dead. Not comparable to Malak's jaw instance anyway.

The Orbalisks feeding off him for a decade is good, but the duration of the feat doesn't make a difference lol. IIRC, even Alek withstood Demagol's tortures and experiments.

Agreed on the tendrils but that's not really above Malak's jaw feat either. The loss of an arm < the loss of a jaw, easily.

In fact, Malak actually knew Crucitorn, which could allow him to outright block pain altogether.

Nephthys
Except Bane was conscious through most of it:

"Somehow the Jedi's barrier had trapped Bane inside the center of the dark side storm. The electricity had enveloped him, millions of volts arcing through his body, cooking his flesh from the inside and throwing his muscles into an endless series of violent seizures that threatened to rip his body apart.

The energy had coursed through the orbalisks embedded in his skin, too. The creatures absorbed the power, hungrily devouring it until they became so engorged that the soft, pliant flesh of their underbellies had began to swell. Squeezed ever tighter against the unyielding chitin of their own exterior shells, they'd begun to burrow deeper into Bane. He remembered screaming as thousands of tiny teeth started sawing away at subcutaneous tissue, chewing through muscles, tendons, and even bone.

But burrowing deeper hadn't stopped the creatures from feasting on the electricity coursing through Bane's frying innards. They'd continued to expand until they had begun to pop, rupturing like overfilled balloons pinched beneath the hard shells.

Bane had stayed conscious through the torture of the electricity cooking him alive and the agony of the teeth burrowing into his flesh. But the indescribable pain from the chemicals released by the exploding orbalisks dissolving his body on a cellular level finally caused him to black out... only to wake up here."

And we don't know what Malaks condition was after losing his jaw, so you can't exactly say he took it better.

Having to deal with constantly having your whole body gnawed on isn't something to laugh at. The duration does make it more impressive, you need seriously superhuman willpower to maintain that level of resistance constantly for 10 years.

It isn't about which extremity was lost, Zannah's attack utterly eclipsed "the indescribable pain" of the orbalisks melting his flesh. It's a sorcerous attack that produced much more pain than just getting a limb taken off, which many normal people survive. He also remained conscious through his whole body dissolving too. Bane's willpower is utterly bonkers.

"Once, orbalisks had fused themselves to his body with a burning chemical compound so intense it had nearly driven him mad. Ten years ago they had been removed when Bane's flesh had been literally cooked by a concentrated blast of his own violet lightning. During her interrogation, Serra had pumped him full of a drug that had felt like it was eating him alive from the inside. But the excruciating pain he felt from the mere touch of the dark side tendril was unlike anything Bane had ever experienced before.

The damage was far from life threatening, but it nearly sent Bane into shock. He fell hard to the ground, his jaw slack and his eyes rolling back into his head. His mind was reeling from the brief contact. The pain radiated through every nerve in his body, but what he felt went far beyond any mere physical sensation. It was not the raw heat of the dark side but rather the empty chill of the void itself spreading through him. It touched every synapse in his mind, it clawed at the core of his spirit. In that instant he tasted utter annihilation, and felt the true horror of absolute nothingness."

Stigma
SF Malak has a chance to beat DoE Bane imho. He will get creamed by Orbalisk Bane, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.