Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Han Solo Movie on the Way From The LEGO Movie Helmers

jinXed by JaNx
just a bad idea all around. I think focusing any more time and energy into Star Wars prequels is an awful idea. I think making a stand alone film for any of the original cast is even worse. Everything we need to know about those characters has already been established. Apart of the appeal of Han Solos character is that is the mystery of what happened in his past to make him so apathetic at the beginning of episode 4.

Flyattractor
If they made movie adaptations of the old Han Solo books from way back in the day I would be all "Hell Yeah" for this, but if they do it now.....No. They will just **** it up.

BruceSkywalker
chris pratt for han solo big grin

Quincy
ew no

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
chris pratt for han solo big grin

I'll call the studio and Chris's agent, it'll make it happen just for you, Bruce.

Flyattractor
Yeah on that topic because there is NO One who could replace the AWESOMENSS that is Harrison Ford.

That and the studios would probably pic some pretty boy little snot.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
just a bad idea all around. I think focusing any more time and energy into Star Wars prequels is an awful idea. I think making a stand alone film for any of the original cast is even worse. Everything we need to know about those characters has already been established. Apart of the appeal of Han Solos character is that is the mystery of what happened in his past to make him so apathetic at the beginning of episode 4.

thumb up

quanchi112
I despise Han Solo.

marwash22
I'd rather see a Boba movie, tbh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by marwash22
I'd rather see a Boba movie, tbh. thumb up

Flyattractor

It would have worse problems then the Solo Movie would. Biggest one would be that they would have to make it so Boba has his helmet off for most of the movie.

Cause the actor NEEDS the Face Time!

marwash22
nah. No one knows Boba by his face, they know him from his helmet. if Snake Eyes can go w/o showing his face, so can Boba. Also, if they really felt the need to show his face, they could do the Iron Man HUD thing... but again, that wouldn't be necessary seeing as Boba is known by his helmet.

Flyattractor
nah. No one knows Boba by his face, they know him from his helmet. if Snake Eyes can go w/o showing his face, so can Boba. Also, if they really felt the need to show his face, they could do the Iron Man HUD thing... but again, that wouldn't be necessary seeing as Boba is known by his helmet.

You are forgetting to factor in Studio Exec Stupidity in such things.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
I'll call the studio and Chris's agent, it'll make it happen just for you, Bruce.

i just woudln;t be at all surprised if hired...

become a scriptwrite and r=write it yourself and then sell it to disney laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You are forgetting to factor in Studio Exec Stupidity in such things.

That's why the people behind the movie would need to stick to their guns & tell the studio exec to go away.

Esau Cairn
Is anyone gonna really care or remember who Han Solo is in 2018?

Kazenji
From the sounds of things you don't.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

People still care about the character 32 year after his last appearance.

What do you think is going to change in 3 more years.

He is an Iconic hero, no doubt.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Darth Thor
People still care about the character 32 year after his last appearance.

What do you think is going to change in 3 more years.

He is an Iconic hero, no doubt.
thumb up that's the reason they're doing this movie most likely, because the character is so popular.

quanchi112
Is anyone gonna really care or remember who Han Solo is in 2018? Everything Star Wars related is going to be pretty much sure things unless the quality of these films is really bad. I highly doubt that.

Robtard

Yes, especially considering we get another dose of the epic character this year.

Flyattractor
Yes, especially considering we get another dose of the epic character this year.

I would be willing to bet that the next wave of WARS fails to really bring any new ICONS to the mythos.

Firefly218
I would be willing to bet that the next wave of WARS fails to really bring any new ICONS to the mythos.
10 bucks. You can wire it to my bank.

Quincy
What would it take for a character to be labelled an icon in your eyes?

Surtur

Star Wars is still one of the most popular franchises of all time, especially in this country. Han Solo is one of the most popular characters from said franchise.

You can't really think people wouldn't know who he is in just a few years?

I don't think Star Wars is going away any time soon. It's not even just movies. Books, comics, video games, tv shows, etc.

A smart person could keep this franchise alive for the next century if they made the right choices. People love SW's and that doesn't just apply to the generation of people who grew up watching the original films.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm just saying...,Han Salo isn't a James Bond character. Have some goddamn respect for the actor. This idea would be akin to making a new, Dirty Harry film series but focusing on his rookie years.

quanchi112
The Star Wars brand can basically print money at this point.

Surtur
I'm just saying...,Han Salo isn't a James Bond character. Have some goddamn respect for the actor. This idea would be akin to making a new, Dirty Harry film series but focusing on his rookie years.

Just take solace in the fact that we were at least spared some kind of obnoxious scene from the prequels where we see a young Han Solo. Given they shoved Chewbacca into the prequels for no reason whatsoever I'm shocked they didn't do the same to Han.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Firefly218
10 bucks. You can wire it to my bank.

Maybe I should have said GOOD icons.

I am sure it will create a few <Meh> ones.

Firefly218
Maybe I should have said GOOD icons.

I am sure it will create a few <Meh> ones.
Damn lost my loophole

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by quanchi112
I despise Han Solo.

Why? Did he hustle you out of some money in a poker game?

Firefly218
Boned his mother and never called back

Zenwolf
The Star Wars brand can basically print money at this point.

Ya know, I think that would be pretty cool. As a collecting type of thing, have they ever made bills with Star Wars characters before?

Would be something new. Of course not legal spending or anything, just a nice piece of memorabilia.

jinXed by JaNx
Boned his mother and never called back

Sounds like something only a pirate would do. Sleeping with a friends mother i mean laughing out loud Maybe he was using her as a mule. Mules are just as guilty

quanchi112
Why? Did he hustle you out of some money in a poker game? He is lame. Isn't it obvious ?

Darth Thor
He is lame. Isn't it obvious ?

Is what obvious? That one of the most famous and popular movie heroes of all time is lame?

No, not really.

quanchi112
Is what obvious? That one of the most famous and popular movie heroes of all time is lame?

No, not really. So again you fall into the it's popular and other people love it so I have to as well. I think Han Solo is lame and I never go for someone as goofy as he is. I'm a Darth Maul guy. He couldn't be further from this lame Han Solo but hold onto Shan as one of your faves not mine.

Darth Thor
So again you fall into the it's popular and other people love it so I have to as well.

Huh? Are you high or something?

You said "it's obvious" that Han Solo is lame.

I asked you how on Earth is that obvious when it's concerning one of the most Iconic heroes in movies. To which you respond "You just follow the crowd fanboy" ???

quanchi112
Huh? Are you high or something?

You said "it's obvious" that Han Solo is lame.

I asked you how on Earth is that obvious when it's concerning one of the most Iconic heroes in movies. To which you respond "You just follow the crowd fanboy" ??? He is some jackass character who dotes on Leia. He's the typical reformed scoundrel who found his honor because he grew to care for the rebels. He isn't someone I like at all. You seem to champion the character so tell me what you like about him. I find him increasingly boring and lame.

I also find the new transformers films to be lame despite their huge success at the box office.

Flyattractor
Sounds like something only a pirate would do. Sleeping with a friends mother i mean laughing out loud Maybe he was using her as a mule. Mules are just as guilty

Wasn't Han raised by a Wookie?

So....He FUDGED A WOOKE?

Esau Cairn

Juz saying I was 8 years old when Star Wars hit the big screen.
Harrison Ford will always be Han Solo...not some young actor that's gonna play him in the prequel.
So being closer to 50 when the prequel comes out...I'm doubting "my generation" will give a dam about a non-Harrison Ford, Han Solo.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah I think an Obi-Wan (or even a Yoda) movie would appeal to a more multi-generational audience tbh. Because I think even most the OT generation have already accepted Ewan portraying the role.

But it seems like Disney want to keep almost everything related to the OT and avoid the PT for now.

Esau Cairn
Disney will no doubt be releasing a Young Adventures of Han Solo cartoon pretty prior to the movie. This is stir the interests & make people forget Ford was the one true Han.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
From the sounds of things you don't.

Once again you're missing the point.
Harrison Ford is Han Solo.

No other actor will ever make that character as iconic as he did.

Kazenji
and i think your missing the point too, They'll most likely want a younger actor to portray the character

what part of that aren't you getting?

BruceSkywalker
there is a way for harrison ford to be in this...

Darth Thor
there is a way for harrison ford to be in this...

When I were a lad.. I remember a time this happened..

quanchi112
They need a younger version not geriatric Han. That would be awful.

Robtard
Once again you're missing the point.
Harrison Ford is Han Solo.

No other actor will ever make that character as iconic as he did.

Said actor doesn't have to match the iconicness (I know, not a word), they just have to do a decent job that pays homage to Ford's portrayal and people will love it.

Esau Cairn
Said actor doesn't have to match the iconicness (I know, not a word), they just have to do a decent job that pays homage to Ford's portrayal and people will love it.

So far no one's been worthy or "iconic" enough to play a young Indy Jones.
Jus saying Ford is Solo.

Esau Cairn
and i think your missing the point too, They'll most likely want a younger actor to portray the character

what part of that aren't you getting?

You're an idiot, Kaz.
That's exactly the point I'm making.

An younger actor playing a character that Ford made famous is stupid.

BruceSkywalker
When I were a lad.. I remember a time this happened..

remember in iron man 3 where stark was telling the story and it was revealed that he was telling it to banner, well for han's solo film , it could be something similar. Old Han(Harrison Ford) could be at death's door or drunk and he is recanting a tale from his youth

Flyattractor
So far no one's been worthy or "iconic" enough to play a young Indy Jones.
Jus saying Ford is Solo.

.....am I the only one suddenly flashbacking to the HORROR that was the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

*horror/shudder/horror*

BruceSkywalker
(auto quote)[/quickquote

chris pratt has long been rumored to take over as Indiana Jones

Flyattractor
Chris Pratt aint who I would pick for the role. But then there aint' too many current actors that I can think of that could fill Harrison Ford's shoes.

Firefly218
Honestly I think Ryan Gosling would be a great Han Solo not gonna lie

Kazenji

quanchi112
Whixh one do you want ?

Kazenji
Taron Egerton, He was great in The Kingsman.

Flyattractor
Eggy?

Nah. Too cute. Not SCRUFFY enough.

Darth Thor

Yep he gets my vote too

BruceSkywalker

IMO, Egerton is prolly the frontrunner

Kazenji
Read that there are two more which were not mentioned with some internet movie news sites

Blake Jenner (Glee) and Jack O'Connell (Starred Up, Unbroken) are also in contention.

Robtard
I'd pick Egerton out of the rest. He showed a bit of the suave rogue in Kingsmen, could translate well into a younger, cockier Solo.

jinXed by JaNx
Why cant we move forward in the Star Wars Universe. Keep the original mythology alone. There is an entire Universe to choose from. Please, No more GOD DAMN prequels!.

It would make much more sense for disney to focus on movies that introduce original characters that are going to star in future movies rather than keep focusing on characters of decades past.

Kazenji
Well they've already done a backstory for Han Solo as 3 novel trilogy......oh wait Disney has scrapped the EU.

Kazenji

BruceSkywalker

roughrider
Why cant we move forward in the Star Wars Universe. Keep the original mythology alone. There is an entire Universe to choose from. Please, No more GOD DAMN prequels!.

It would make much more sense for disney to focus on movies that introduce original characters that are going to star in future movies rather than keep focusing on characters of decades past.

Uh...didn't you hear about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Awakens

roll eyes (sarcastic)

They ARE going forward with new characters. But they are also doing what every other studio in Hollywood is doing: imitating the Marvel Studios approach. Where every new film is not a direct sequel but a 'sidequel', going to a different part of the cinematic universe before coming back to the main focus. And there's lots of room to explore in the past.

As far as the third spin off movie being possibly about Boba Fett, I would be more interested in a Obi-Wan Kenobi spin off, where Fett is a supporting character and they renew hostilities that began on Kamino when Boba was a boy.

ares834
I wouldn't really say TFA moved SW forward. I loved the film but it was in many ways a rehash.

roughrider
Originally posted by ares834
I wouldn't really say TFA moved SW forward. I loved the film but it was in many ways a rehash.

And we can debate all day about how much of it was a rehash and how much it was just observing the rules of a Star Wars film, especially the first in a new series.

- Where someone must say "I have a bad feeling about this"

- At least twice in a trilogy, someone must shout "NO!" in shock and horror.

- In the first film of each trilogy, the elder statesman character who's been mentoring some younger characters comes to a shocking end.

- Some ace pilot hits a shot no one else could hit to take down the weapon that's about the spell defeat and doom for our heroes.

And so on.

Plus there was a big effort from the beginning to convince fans who can't let the prequels go, that this was going to be more of what you loved and remembered about the OT.

ares834

roughrider
The First Order wasn't the government, the Republic was. TFO was a rogue state, a cross between North Korea and ISIS. They didn't explain in enough detail why the Republic was sponsoring the Resistance instead of engaging TFO openly, but we could guess why. If they spent too much time explaining the politics, fans might have said "Oh, just like Lucas in the prequels, wasting time on political manoeuvring."

ares834

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
The First Order wasn't the government, the Republic was. TFO was a rogue state, a cross between North Korea and ISIS. They didn't explain in enough detail why the Republic was sponsoring the Resistance instead of engaging TFO openly, but we could guess why. If they spent too much time explaining the politics, fans might have said "Oh, just like Lucas in the prequels, wasting time on political manoeuvring."

Actually even the FO/Resistance struggle just seemed like a rehash of the old Empire/Rebellion struggle.

I mean it was a little more complicated then that, but like you said they didn't really delve into that complexity.

StiltmanFTW
Actually even the FO/Resistance struggle just seemed like a rehash of the old Empire/Rebellion struggle.

I mean it was a little more complicated then that, but like you said they didn't really delve into that complexity.

Yep.

EU did pretty much the same thing - New Republic vs. The Remnant.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by roughrider
Uh...didn't you hear about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Awakens

roll eyes (sarcastic)

They ARE going forward with new characters. But they are also doing what every other studio in Hollywood is doing: imitating the Marvel Studios approach. Where every new film is not a direct sequel but a 'sidequel', going to a different part of the cinematic universe before coming back to the main focus. And there's lots of room to explore in the past.

As far as the third spin off movie being possibly about Boba Fett, I would be more interested in a Obi-Wan Kenobi spin off, where Fett is a supporting character and they renew hostilities that began on Kamino when Boba was a boy.

Anything that happens before episode 7 is a prequel and I don't need to see a movie about it. If something happened in the universe, regarding, episode 7 I would have seen or heard about it through exposition. Save all that crap for a tv show or book

Darth Thor
^ Well the Episodes are going forward, so it's nice to get something different but also more familiar with the spin off's.

Kazenji
Alden Ehrenreich is confirmed for the role.

|King Joker|

Kazenji
^ From what i gathered people who liked the older days of Hollywood with the musicals and etc got more out of it.

Darth Thor
Alden Ehrenreich is confirmed for the role.

Damn really wanted Taron Egerton!

Still not seen this guy so I can't judge.

Darth Thor
^ Looking through some pictures/vids and I can already see he does "look" much more like Solo than Taron.

jinXed by JaNx
I'll say this even after the movie releases.., NO MORE PREQUELS! This is the fear everyone had about Disney getting the Star Wars rights...,milking everything!

Kazenji
^ The Milking started long before Disney got a hold of it.

ares834
Not really. Sure, there was a shit ton of merchandise but had Lucas truly wanted to milk the franchise he could do what Disney is doing right now.

Kazenji
There were also the two Ewok movies and few other's, He still milked them to a certain extent.

ares834
Minor direct to TV films aren't much... And there were very few. Comparatively, Disney is churning out film after film after film every single year. The milking is on a far larger scale then ever before.

Darth Thor
Yes. Milking Han Solo, milking Boba Fett. Heck milking the Death Star even. Ben Kenobi or Yoda will likely be next ones to be milked.

But none of its unexpected after they spent $4Billion to acquire it.

Esau Cairn
Disney wants to build its own Death Star.

With Mickey Mouse ears.

CPT Space Bomb
Minor direct to TV films aren't much... And there were very few. Comparatively, Disney is churning out film after film after film every single year. The milking is on a far larger scale then ever before. I like how you're trashing Disney for "milking" the franchise and yet your avatar is of said "milking" movies.

Fact is, it's not MILKING the franchise if the movies actually turn out to be good. Look at how many Star Trek movies there are. Not many of them are actually good. Star Wars has 4 good movies and a couple bad to decent ones.

Kazenji
"Shrugs" agree to disagree.

Darth Thor
Funny because Ares didn't trash Disney for milking. Just pointed out that they are milking it to a much greater extent than its been done pre-Disney SW.

Kazenji
And i'm not attacking him over if he did or didn't trash Disney over milking it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I like how you're trashing Disney for "milking" the franchise and yet your avatar is of said "milking" movies.

Fact is, it's not MILKING the franchise if the movies actually turn out to be good. Look at how many Star Trek movies there are. Not many of them are actually good. Star Wars has 4 good movies and a couple bad to decent ones. Onky an idiot like ares or Darth Thor would call quality films milking it and complain. Darth Thor absolutely despises Force Awakens and wants Lucas back.

Darth Thor
And i'm not attacking him over if he did or didn't trash Disney over milking it.

CPT was.

Ridley_Prime
Rogue One I can take, but a Han Solo film after TFA is kinda pushing it. Meh...

If we can actually get good Star Wars stuff on the video game medium again too though, I won't complain too much.

jaden101
If they ever needed someone to play young Luke again

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by jaden101
If they ever needed someone to play young Luke again

Yep! Sebastian Stan's face put with Luke's hair/body. Pretty eerie.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_scale,h_334,w_472/t_mp_quality/sl4x9spn90tzqvdo15aa/we-need-to-talk-about-how-much-mark-hamill-and-sebastian-stan-look-alike-via-hypable-970651.jpg

Darth Thor
Whoaa... That's freaky

Bashar Teg
it's a face morph, so i'm not sure what that's supposed to prove besides what an interesting illusion it creates.

just ask putinbama:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8_PQtsVvyrQ/hqdefault.jpg

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it's a face morph, so i'm not sure what that's supposed to prove besides what an interesting illusion it creates.

No, the picture I posted clearly shows it's more than just a face morph. They look A LOT alike.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yep! Sebastian Stan's face put with Luke's hair/body. Pretty eerie.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_scale,h_334,w_472/t_mp_quality/sl4x9spn90tzqvdo15aa/we-need-to-talk-about-how-much-mark-hamill-and-sebastian-stan-look-alike-via-hypable-970651.jpg

Bashar Teg
*sigh* it's obviously a morph. ffs it's even watermarked with "morph_me". accept it.

CPT Space Bomb
*sigh* it's obviously a morph. ffs it's even watermarked with "morph_me". accept it. I'm not even talking about the morph dude. What are you not understanding. I posted a picture of Sebastian Stan and Mark Hamill SIDE BY SIDE. They look a lot alike WITHOUT a morph.

Bashar Teg
jaden posted a face morph. that's what i was referring to. and you described it as such:

...which was incorrect.

now lets get mad over nothing and derail the thread.

CPT Space Bomb
jaden posted a face morph. that's what i was referring to. and you described it as such:

...which was incorrect.

now lets get mad over nothing and derail the thread. I was referring to your second response to me. Also, you're the one that dropped the "ffs" and "accept it" lines. You're mad. I'm just forcing you to acknowledge that Mark Hamill looks like Sebastian Stan; which you originally tried to dismiss as nothing more than a face morph.

Bashar Teg
okay, tender guy. however i never said they didn't look similar. only that the image jaden posted was a morph.

but please continue expressing your inability to cope with making an error, even in the most superficial of contexts...

also, i can see clearly that you're one of those "last word=win" people, so have it.

CPT Space Bomb
okay, tender guy. however i never said they didn't look similar. Originally posted by Bashar Teg

It is admittedly a silly thing to argue about. I'm just stating facts, however.

jaden101

just ask putinbama:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8_PQtsVvyrQ/hqdefault.jpg

That's the face I'm making watching you two arguing.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by jaden101
That's the face I'm making watching you two arguing.
Well, technically YOU STARTED IT! laughing j/k

Anyway, I'm not super excited about these movies featuring "young" versions of the classic characters.....It's true what they say, Star Wars is a galaxy far far away but they only focus on the same families/people over and over.

Kazenji
Disney signed Alden Ehrenreich up for a Han Solo trilogy?

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/has-disney-signed-alden-ehrenreich-up-for-a-han-solo-trilogy-161

If its true....i can only think of them using some of the Han Solo Novel trilogy.

Darth Thor
^ Well not a huge surprise tbh. But will of course be subject to how well received this guy is as Han Solo, and how good the first one turns out to be.

riv6672
So this is no longer a Lego movie, as per page 1?

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672

You've misread something "From The LEGO Movie Helmers" not it will be a Lego movie

----------

UUX_Vv6Rpvs

Darth Thor

LOL

riv6672
I wouldnt have minded.
The SW Lego projects are actually quite witty.

quanchi112
I hope they don't stretch this out into a trilogy. Dear lord.

Kazenji
Donald Glover has been cast as Lando

http://www.superherohype.com/news/384507-donald-glover-cast-as-young-lando-calrissian-in-the-han-solo-movie

Flyattractor
I hope they don't stretch this out into a trilogy. Dear lord.

Yeah I think that whole concept if making only 3 movies has been tossed out the window now that The Mouse is the true Power of the Force.

StiltmanFTW

http://www.superherohype.com/news/384507-donald-glover-cast-as-young-lando-calrissian-in-the-han-solo-movie

Yeah, big news today thumb up

I wish Disney brought the real Lando back, though. Seriously, it's a crime not to include Billy Dee Williams in the new trilogy.

Kazenji
I'm waiting to see what elements they take from the Han Solo trilogy novels or are they just going to do their own thing for the movie.

Flyattractor
I'm waiting to see what elements they take from the Han Solo trilogy novels or are they just going to do their own thing for the movie.

Yeah I can see them taking stuff from This TRILOGY

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/133823/51a62f9a52738_133823n.jpg
which is a steaming mess when they should focus more on

THIS TRILOGY!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LazaPBEV-1c/TH3IeVb_HWI/AAAAAAAACHg/vSAeB6OjWYg/s640/SoloTrilogy.jpg

ares834

Good choice. Glad they are bringing Lando into this.

Inhuman
Good choice. Glad they are bringing Lando into this.

yeah. Now they have to bring back Lando in Episode 8.

Khazra Reborn
I wasn't too keen on Disney doing more retreading of the OT years, but then I heard Lord and Miller were directing. Those two guys have action down, I have a feeling they'll be killer in the SW universe.

riv6672

Near bit of casting, barring Billy Dee himself.

Time-Immemorial
Nope

BruceSkywalker

im hopeful he'll do a good job

Flyattractor
Give Lando his own Trilogy.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, big news today thumb up

I wish Disney brought the real Lando back, though. Seriously, it's a crime not to include Billy Dee Williams in the new trilogy.

I thought He was bound to show up now that Han's gone. And with this Prequel news it should be a given. But still no news of him in Ep.8 which finished shooting months ago sad

riv6672
im hopeful he'll do a good job
Glover's pretty solid.

BruceSkywalker
Glover's pretty solid.

never really watched him in anything... any suggestions?

Mindset
never really watched him in anything... any suggestions? Atlanta is probably the best new comedy show this season.

carthage
Yeah he's great in that show, looks like Calrissian is in good hands here

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
Atlanta is probably the best new comedy show this season.

what channel?

riv6672
FX is the network, channels may vary.

marwash22
i dig that casting for Lando.

-Pr-
i dig that casting for Lando.

thumb up

Must be a dream come true for the guy too.

riv6672
I would think so.
Everyone wants an action figure of themselves!

marwash22
I would think so.
Everyone wants an action figure of themselves! it's not just that. Donald is a huge nerd. This is probably his dream role.

riv6672
Yeah, that would be like me cameoing in a Blue Beetle movie!

Darth Thor
^ Think it's a little better than that.

There's always the potential later for a Lando solo film. That's probably as good as getting cast as the Miles Morales Spider-Man which he was trying to do for a long time.

Edit- Tbh I think a Lando film featuring Han and Chewie would have been a more creative move for Lucasfilm, instead of just focusing more on the top main characters of the franchise. But of course a Han Solo movie is the safer bet for them.

riv6672
^^^Nothing is better than me cameoing in a BB flick. Ted Kord, of course, not that poser Reyes.

Nice insight on the potential regarding future projects for Donald, though. I wish him luck, this could be big for him.

ares834
it's not just that. Donald is a huge nerd. This is probably his dream role.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv7g7aeIMAAFwTo.jpg

riv6672
Ha, thats sweet! eek!

Bashar Teg
^ Think it's a little better than that.

There's always the potential later for a Lando solo film. That's probably as good as getting cast as the Miles Morales Spider-Man which he was trying to do for a long time.

Edit- Tbh I think a Lando film featuring Han and Chewie would have been a more creative move for Lucasfilm, instead of just focusing more on the top main characters of the franchise. But of course a Han Solo movie is the safer bet for them.

imho anything involving already existing storylines is uncreative, and i really don't think that lando's back story would be very exciting. (losing the millennium falcon to gambling, becoming leader of a gas mining facility, and being an avid cock-blocker are pretty much his most significant resume bullet-points so far.) i want to see a stand-alone story instead of one prequel after another.

Firefly218
imho anything involving already existing storylines is uncreative, and i really don't think that lando's back story would be very exciting. (losing the millennium falcon to gambling, becoming leader of a gas mining facility, and being an avid cock-blocker are pretty much his most significant resume bullet-points so far.) i want to see a stand-alone story instead of one prequel after another. thumb up I'm still saying give us the kotor movie and the prequels are forgiven

Darth Thor
thumb up I'm still saying give us the kotor movie and the prequels are forgiven

They need the confidence to believe the mass audience would be interested in that first.

Flyattractor
Wouldn't KOTOR be kind of COMPLICATED to try and make into a movie?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>