CD's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I'm hoping I'll have enough money left this weekend to treat myself to a couple of albums. Firstly The Thrills, who sound like a cross between the Monkeys and The Beach Boys, could there BE a better mix of groups? Not in my lifetime. cool

Secondly I want the Audiobully's album, I liked the 1st single a lot and now the 2nd is being played on MTV2 I've gotta have it. cool

finti
gotta get me the new Led Zeppelins 2 DVD set, coming on Monday, oh boy is it gonna be good

mah
bought a lot lately, not any plans now until the new radiohead album comes out in june.

Lara
well, payday next week so I think I'll get the evanescence "fallen" album, and maybe the System of A Down album if I cant find out what its called, but if I cant get that then it'll have to be the Matrix Reloaded album, or the xXx sound track.

Mujaffa
no money ...and last album i bought was linkin parks---it sucked...pordon my french but it did...35 min of music...200 NOK...scandale

Lara
which album becuase there's three!
hybrid theory
re-annimation
Meteors

Bad Boy
System of a Down's new album is called 'Steal This Album' and it's fantastic!

I gotta get Staind's new one!

hayden's minx
Radiohead are great, yeh I saw the new soad album in 'music zone' the other month, i might get that this weekend but seeing as its half term I might just save my cash and go on a big shopping spree

mah
Radioheads new seems fabulous from what I've heard.
I'm enjoying the brit duo Autechre nowadays, the masters of experimental electronica.

Bad Boy
My favourite albums are

1) Feeder- Comfort in Sound
2) A- Hi-Fi Serious
3) Papa Roach- Lovehatetragedy

Tex

finti
Radioheads new one is a huge let down

Captain REX
Oh pooh, the Radioheads were cool...

Sadly, I'm broke. Can't buy jack-shit.

Bespin Bart
I can, because I have a job and you don't, little bro. stick out tongue

mah
nonsense

Bespin Bart
Rex will be happy then.

Captain REX
Yes I am. big grin

I made 2 CDs for my friend. Gave me a chance to test out how to make the CDs on the XP. Different than I'm used to, but much cooler.

BackFire349
theres no good cd's coming out. i havent bought one in a long \time.

Bad Boy
Powell & Kevski and Kevin Williams are coming out soon big grin

(Don't you just hate spamming!)

Colony
I'm not sure if the Thrills are too twee for me - I'll be seeing them live in a few weeks so I'll decide then. Not that I don't like twee - Belle & Sebastian?

Tex

Tex

Augeybana
Gonna buy 14 shades of grey by Staind and there dvd MTV unplugged I love acoustic version of there songs.Espcially there best song Outside my favorite song of all time.

mah
I've got tens of cd's I want to buy, but money is a problem.

hayden's minx
To be honest the last cd I bought (bar matrix soundtrack) kinda left me downhearted - it was Zwan - Mary star of the sea -- to be honest they're no Smashing Pumpkins. Still I might go browsing later in the week - anyone got any recomendations?

GordonSkywalker
Who likes Queens of the Stone Age? cool

Captain REX
I just copied my friend's new CD. ColdPlay - A Rush of Blood to the Head. It is pretty neat, good music to fall asleep to.

Anyone ever heard of U2? I'm sure you all have. My dad loves their songs, and my mom loves Norah Jones' CDs.

Tex
You're right about Zwan being no Pumpkins. I miss themsad

Norah Jones grew up here in Dallas.

Colony
They are one of the best bands around today, but I'm afraid that I've become allergic to Songs For The Deaf through overuse.

hayden's minx
Yeh I like Qotsa alot but it gets old fast. I like coldplay, and I bought Sleeping with ghosts before Zwan, Placebo are quite good but Sleeping with Ghosts & Black market Music are both not as good as the original 'Placebo'

Bad Boy
Sleeping With Ghosts is a really good album!

hayden's minx
Yeah its cool I really like placebo - sleeping with ghosts is better that black market music but not as good as placebo - i stand by my opinion

Captain REX
I see no one cared that I got the ColdPlay CD. I feel rejected... sad

finti
That is an awesome album Rexie

Colony
Rush Of Blood To The Head was a bit flat, in my opinion, though I was never a big fan of Parachutes either.

GordonSkywalker
Which group is Coldplay Rexxie?

BOPRecruit 16
i'm thinking of buying the soundtrack to x2 and daredevil. don't usually dig soundtracks. most of the time i have my friend burn cd's for me.

mechmoggy
Coldplay are awesome, I won't hear a bad word about them.

I borrowed the Sleeping with Ghosts album from my sister-in-law, I was a little disappointed to be honest, although there are a couple of good tracks.

If you like twee Colony, have you listened to Turin Brakes? I like them a lot.

Didn't get to buy any albums at the weekend, overspent by quite a bit. Damn those pubs with their drinks and snacks. sad

Corran
Daredevil sound track seems good, 'Done Done and I'm on to the next one'

Colony
I don't like twee, no - but love Belle & Sebastian, who are one of the biggest exporters of twee around.

Turin Brakes are in the same camp as Coldplay, Travis etc, they've got nothing about them really, middle of the road. Don't do anything for me.

mechmoggy
Well you're wrong. stick out tongue

LaurenE147
I havent hear of half of these people. Why is it that GB gets the cool music earlier than America?

mechmoggy
Don't know, most on US stuff is either rap (silent C) or country from what I gather. We have neither of those really big over here.

Our biggest downfall is pop, our charts are saturated with it. sad

Colony
America has a ton of good bands at the moment, you just have to look past the mainstream.

mechmoggy
Same here, it becomes difficult to see the good stuff cus the mainstream crap is forced down your throat on every tv and radio programme.

Over here if you want real cutting edge stuff you have to listen to late night radio with Steve Lamaq or John Peel on BBC radio 1, some of you lot over in the US should tune in via the internet cus it won't be on too late for you lot.

LaurenE147
rap or country? We have waaaaaaay more than that. Rock and all of its subcategories is way more popularthan anything.

mechmoggy
Too much R&B for my liking in any charts.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was proper Rhythm and Blues, but this pop R&B crap makes me wanna puke. sick

LaurenE147
Now I agree with you on that one.

mechmoggy
Yay! We agree on something.

I think this is a breakthrough for us Lauren, shall we go get drunk to celebrate? stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
{Perhaps the two of us should go instead Mech.}

finti
back to cds

mechmoggy
Seedy night-clubs? big grin

LaurenE147
How about a cocktail in the lobby of the Beau Rivage? (the biggest and bestest resort for many states in the vicinity)

mechmoggy
You can have the cocktail Lauren, I'll play along by having one of those little umbrella's in my pint of mild. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.