China Market Crashes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psmith81992
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chinas-stock-market-crash-is-just-beginning-2015-07-08

After Greece went under, I liquidated my international funds. Looks like just in time too.

Time-Immemorial
Thanks for the heads up. I got out of the market years ago and went into hoarding cash, then used that cash to buy a solar powered house and a condo on the beach.

Flyattractor
So Apocalypse Party at Time's house then.

Time-Immemorial
Update

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/asia/china-stocks-explainer/

Omega Vision
This could be catastrophic, on the other hand it could just be a minor stumble that slows down China's growth without crippling it and forces it to be more realistic with its expectations. The comparisons to the Great Market Crash of 1929 are a little sobering though.

psmith81992
Very sobering indeed.

The Lost
It's hard to believe this will eviscerate China's economy. Their equity structure is quite different and kind of protects them from these "disasters." Who can really say for sure, though?

Digi
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Thanks for the heads up. I got out of the market years ago and went into hoarding cash, then used that cash to buy a solar powered house and a condo on the beach.

Are you being serious with this? A condo on the beach sounds like a retirement plan. How old are you?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
Are you being serious with this? A condo on the beach sounds like a retirement plan. How old are you?

Older then you chum

The Lost
Older then you chum

You retire on the beach with that kind of sentence.

Life is unfair.

AsbestosFlaygon
Older then you chum
I'd like to inform you that someone added an avatar of Mike Wazowski in your original account, and changed your gender to female.

Back on topic: Good thing I divested all of my SHCOMP-related stocks and bonds. Some of us foresaw this to happen some time in the future. And now, it's just the beginning (though I don't really think it will have such a significant impact on China's massive stock exchange market... for now.)

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'd like to inform you that someone added an avatar of Mike Wazowski in your original account, and changed your gender to female.

Back on topic: Good thing I divested all of my SHCOMP-related stocks and bonds. Some of us foresaw this to happen some time in the future. And now, it's just the beginning (though I don't really think it will have such a significant impact on China's massive stock exchange market... for now.)

Lol I know I saw.

Omega Vision
What exactly happened, did you get hacked?

dadudemon
An economist predicted the Chinese stock market crash back when America was recovering from the Sub-prime bullshittery. The reasons he stated were the reasons that CNN article listed.

I'm sure economic students will study both crises in the coming years. no expression

What's a lesson learned from this? Don't inflate stock prices? <--- Ha. I'm naive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.