The Batman (2022)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-ben-affleck-geoff-johns-co-writing-standalone-batman-film

Darth Thor
^ Hope it's true. Affleck's will most likely direct the movie and he's becoming a great story teller. And you already know I like the idea of someone like Geoff Johns being involved in all DC movie projects. Gives that sense of cohesion in the DCCU and that strong connection to the source material.

Quincy
Whattttttttttttt that's rad

ares834
Geoff... Eh...

Patient_Leech
Batffleck Forever

That's the running title.

Then Batffleck & Robin

Surtur
We literally just ended the damn Batman trilogy a few years ago.

I like Batman, but I'll be damned if there aren't other characters I'd much rather prefer to see in a solo movie. Batman has had his time to shine a billion times over.

I get the feeling that maybe this IS about Afleck directing. Not just a Batman movie, but maybe future DC movies..and the eventual Justice League movie, etc. If that is the plan and this solo movie is a sort of test run for him to see how he handles a super hero film..well, I guess it is not so bad.

Zack M
Originally posted by Surtur
We literally just ended the damn Batman trilogy a few years ago.

I like Batman, but I'll be damned if there aren't other characters I'd much rather prefer to see in a solo movie. Batman has had his time to shine a billion times over.

I get the feeling that maybe this IS about Afleck directing. Not just a Batman movie, but maybe future DC movies..and the eventual Justice League movie, etc. If that is the plan and this solo movie is a sort of test run for him to see how he handles a super hero film..well, I guess it is not so bad.

It's been nearly 4 years since the Nolan trilogy and if this new batman film is released in 2018, that's going to add to the time since Nolan's trilogy came out. Not to mention, WB is giving more solo characters the spotlight.

BruceSkywalker
court of owls, please

regardless this bat fanatic will be seeing

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
Geoff... Eh...

Based on how he writes Wonder Woman?

Smh...its a Batman movie this is jeez.

ares834
No, rather based on the fact I'm not a big fan of most of his comics...

He is decent, not great.

Kazenji
I guess IYO after all

from that things i've read of his work he's a good writer.

Quincy
I dig his Green Lantern work

It's pretty cool that they have a real comic hands on guy for it

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
I guess IYO after all

from that things i've read of his work he's a good writer.

Yeah and it's not just that. DC don't have their own studio and WB don't have a Feige for. So having someone like Geoff Johns working/consulting on the movies give the DC movies that connection to the source material with a level of cohesion throughout the films.

Zack M
So, he's going to be working on Wonder Woman, now this. I guess your wish came true, Darth. stick out tongue

Surtur
Originally posted by Zack M
It's been nearly 4 years since the Nolan trilogy and if this new batman film is released in 2018, that's going to add to the time since Nolan's trilogy came out. Not to mention, WB is giving more solo characters the spotlight.

If they are giving more solo characters the spot light why is Batman being given another solo one?

I also wonder if they will do to him what they did to Superman: shove a bunch of other heroes in there like Wonder Woman, etc.

Quincy
If they are giving more solo characters the spot light why is Batman being given another solo one?

I also wonder if they will do to him what they did to Superman: shove a bunch of other heroes in there like Wonder Woman, etc.

Because he's Batman. An integral part of the universe, with an endless buffet line of amazing stories to adapt.

They've already stated Superman will get his own individual sequel. Keep the faith, Surts. Movie hasn't even come out yet, perhaps the addition of other heroes amplifies the story. Much like it would a comic book.

Zack M

They're giving all the JL members solo movies. Batman is a no brainer.

Darth Thor
So, he's going to be working on Wonder Woman, now this. I guess your wish came true, Darth. stick out tongue

cool

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Thor
cool

don't tell golgo lmao

marwash22
Hey, Imp, if you're around, can you retitle this thread as Batman (2018)

didn't wanna make a new one, this is close enough.

marwash22
VYklFZIhyOo

marwash22
last page bump.

Originally posted by marwash22
Hey, Imp, if you're around, can you retitle this thread as Batman (2018)

didn't wanna make a new one, this is close enough.

Zack M
Phuck YEAH!

marwash22
i hope the design improves.

less shiny armor would be nice.

carthage
DEATH****INGSTROKE

Zack M
Supposedly it's going to be Joe from Magic Mike. Super intimidating in terms of physique.

marwash22
Joe Mangewhatshisface?

BruceSkywalker
hopefully someone good will play Slade

BruceSkywalker
these i actually agree with...

http://heroichollywood.com/actors-play-deathstroke-batman-movie/

Firefly218
Great choice for the villain something different is good

marwash22
if we're not gonna stick to the source material, I'd want Deathstroke to be played by an Asian man, specifically, Daniel Henney.

BruceSkywalker
if we're not gonna stick to the source material, I'd want Deathstroke to be played by an Asian man, specifically, Daniel Henney.

Nope.. jackie chan

anyways Joe Manganiello rumored to be Slade.....

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/08/29/rumor-joe-manganiello-to-play-deathstroke/

if true im all in

Kazenji
Finally someone within the DCCU starting off with baby steps before going with something big.

Ridley_Prime
Not sure I would call starting off with Deathstroke baby steps, but it definitely seems more promising than what they're doing with like Flash, in throwing out a bunch of his big bads at once.

Do hope the costume design gets touched up on some. While not bad, it looks like kind of a step down from Deathstroke in Arrow S2.

Darth Thor
Using the Rogues is better for Flash then just jumping straight in with Reverse Flash or an equivalent IMO.

Kazenji
Using the Rogues is better for Flash then just jumping straight in with Reverse Flash or an equivalent IMO.

Maybe shouldn't use them all for Flash's first movie, Start off with 2 at least for his first movie.

Robtard
Joe Mangewhatshisface?

He has the build and height, but his acting is meh. I'd prefer an older fit actor like Stephan Lang, even though he's only about 5'10", but that can be fixed with film magic.

Edit: Ron Pearlman would be perfect

Zack M
Originally posted by Robtard
He has the build and height, but his acting is meh. I'd prefer an older fit actor like Stephan Lang, even though he's only about 5'10", but that can be fixed with film magic.

Stephan Lang was pretty intimidating as the old, blind man.

marwash22
all i know is that Gregor Celgane better be Bane if the character is used for this run of Batman movies, it's just too perfect not to happen.

i want it so much that I'm perfectly fine with yet another non-latino Bane.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Robtard

Ron Pearlman's already done that:

XSiGteEY-jk

Robtard
See, perfect

Kazenji
I know he's been campaigning to play Cable

Rumor: BLACK MASK TO BE MAIN VILLAIN IN THE BATMAN; HARLEY QUINN AND JOKER HAVE SUBPLOT

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/08/31/rumor-black-mask-main-villain-in-the-batman-harley-quinn-joker-subplot/

marwash22
i'm on team Stephen Lang for Cable.

BruceSkywalker
f&ck stephen lang... doubtful anyway fox will hire an old man for the role...

anyways joe has been confirmed...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/381611-confirmed-joe-manganiello-is-deathstroke-in-the-solo-batman-movie

Zack M
Solid choice. Joe is very intimidating, with good presence.

quanchi112
Pee Wee Herman's latest co star. Makes sense DC would cast him. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
f&ck stephen lang... doubtful anyway fox will hire an old man for the role...

He's suppose to be an older guy

don't know where people are getting the idea they want someone in their late 30's to mid 40's.

BruceSkywalker
He's suppose to be an older guy

don't know where people are getting the idea they want someone in their late 30's to mid 40's.

remember this is FOX though

Kazenji

Darth Thor

anyways joe has been confirmed...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/381611-confirmed-joe-manganiello-is-deathstroke-in-the-solo-batman-movie

About time that guy got a role in a superhero film.

Funny thing is, wasn't he rumored for Batman at one point? Can't remember now.

Robtard
Definitely has the build for the role, but his acting is meh, though really only seen him in True Blood aside from the odd minor role. Hopefully he'll shine as DS under Affleck's guidance.

Darth Thor
Hey he was good as Flash Thompson Lol

Was funny in How I Met Your Mother as well. Thought he would have been good for Shazam tbh, but that obviously won't be happening now.

Robtard
Sure, was a good jerk, but that was a tiny role

BruceSkywalker
About time that guy got a role in a superhero film.

Funny thing is, wasn't he rumored for Batman at one point? Can't remember now.

yes he was and he should have gotten it lol

Was funny in How I Met Your Mother as well. Thought he would have been good for Shazam tbh, but that obviously won't be happening now.

Bieber will be Shazam lol

Zack M

Crap! sad

The Batman Sequel to Replace Rock's SHAZAM in 2020

-Pr-
The dude's a solid actor, so I've no complaints about him. And those fight scenes should be EPIC.

Zack M
IsdwfSxgTP4

BruceSkywalker
IsdwfSxgTP4

LMAO

Kazenji
Joe Manganiello doing his research

http://www.cbr.com/batman-star-joe-manganiello-teases-deathstroke-research/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

Zack M
thumb up

carthage
Are there only two TPB's of his his pre-New 52 stuff? I own Assassins but for some reason I thought they had more written for him.

marwash22
Joe Manganiello doing his research

http://www.cbr.com/batman-star-joe-manganiello-teases-deathstroke-research/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista is this a thing now? celebs get a comic role and immediately buy a bunch of toys and comics? a few others did this, but i can't remember who atm.

Kazenji
Last one that i remember doing that was Jon Bernthal for The Punisher role

guess i've also been doing research for the last few years too.

Kazenji
The creator of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl wants Rinko Kikuchi to be her.

carthage
Batgirl was rumored to be debuting in the Harley Quinn film

Arachnid1
The creator of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl wants Rinko Kikuchi to be her. I never pictured Cass being asian, but I can see it done. I hope they do her justice. She's my favorite Batgirl by far

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I never pictured Cass being asian, but I can see it done. I hope they do her justice. She's my favorite Batgirl by far

She looks Asian from going by some artists drawings of her.

Dr Will Hatch
She's half white/half asian. Her mom is Lady Shiva, and her father is David Cain.

marwash22
I never pictured Cass being asian, but I can see it done. I hope they do her justice. She's my favorite Batgirl by far wut

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
She's half white/half asian. Her mom is Lady Shiva, and her father is David Cain. I actually had no idea her mom is Lady Shiva. Thats pretty fking hardcore, and actually explains a lot

wut Her name is Cassandra Cain. Sue me.

marwash22
she's your favorite batgirl, but you didn't know Shiva was her mom?

weird.

Arachnid1
she's your favorite batgirl, but you didn't know Shiva was her mom?

weird. Yes, she's my favorite Batgirl. That doesn't mean I've read every story about her or am some kind of expert. It means I like her substantially more than the other Batgirls based off what I've seen. Unfortunately, what I've seen doesn't include the one origin story she has.

Which is apparently "weird" to you.

marwash22
very weird.

did you know that Commissioner Jim Gordon is Barbara's father?

Barbara was the first Batgirl, btw.

Batman is Bruce Wayne

Arachnid1
very weird.

did you know that Commissioner Jim Gordon is Barbara's father?

Barbara was the first Batgirl, btw.

Batman is Bruce Wayne Thats not quite the same. Gordon is a regular, as is Barbara. It's impossible to not have a reference to them being related since they appear together so damn often. Lady Shiva is a rare villain (and has only appeared in two stories with Cass, apparently).

This is more akin to not knowing that Terry McGinnis is a clone of Bruce Wayne which is why he was so successful as Batman; he was bred for it. It was mentioned once, in one episode. Someone could like Terry and think he's better than the rest of Batmans apprentices without knowing that he's actually Batmans son.

Whats "very weird" is you harping on something so insignificant. "OMG he didn't read the one story that explained Cass' parentage LOL. I cant believe he didn't know CASSANDRA CAIN is half asian lmfao"

Yeah, ok man. thumb up

marwash22
you're a casual. don't get so worked up. it's okay. thumb up

marwash22
btw, i like Rinko (she should have been the Major), but she's too old. Although, this is old Batman, so i guess it works.

Arachnid1
you're a casual. don't get so worked up. it's okay. thumb up You touch yourself at night and everyone knows it. thumb up

marwash22
your name is Yourself?

weird.

Arachnid1
your name is Yourself?

weird. You do realize you just corrected that to you touch me at night right?

Thats a bit self destructive as far as comebacks go, but I guess I can admire the dedication

marwash22
yes, i touch you at night and everyone knows it. thumb up

you're not too quick on the uptake, are you, Yourself?

Arachnid1
yes, i touch you at night and everyone knows it. thumb up

you're not too quick on the uptake, are you, Yourself? Just checking, because as far as insults go, thats "very weird" and not very insulting

In fact, it makes it look like that's not what you meant at all, and you're trying really hard to do some damage control right now. Anyway, whatever you imagine when you masturbate at night is on you bro. No need to make it public. Great choice of material though thumb up

quanchi112
Justice league 2 pushed back for Batman.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-2-delay-ben-affleck-batman/

Kazenji
Affleck's saying this will start filming soon.

Zack M
He just said that he's taking his sweet time on the script.

Inhuman

-Pr-
Yeah, he's being smart about it.

Darth Thor
He is, but I'm starting to think Ben might not be a done deal to stay as Bats for the next few years. Which would be a bummer given he's the best thing about the DCEU.

-Pr-
If I were him I would be wary too. A lot is riding on Wonder Woman and Justice League, so he might be waiting to see how it all pans out.

BruceSkywalker
they are worried pure and simple.....

A soft reboot I see

juggernaut74
Isn't he involved writing the script? Kind of an odd thing to say if you're writing and directing and staring in the movie. So if he don't do the movie he can blame himself.

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Isn't he involved writing the script? Kind of an odd thing to say if you're writing and directing and staring in the movie. So if he don't do the movie he can blame himself.

He could be alluding to the studio pushing him to include certain things he doesn't want to. Affleck is a huge Batman fan, and he might not like some suit from WB telling him what to do.

juggernaut74
I wonder what he'll say if the movie sucks?

Kazenji
So now WB's is becoming more like FOX.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I wonder what he'll say if the movie sucks?

maybe he will simply quit so someone else can do it

Darth Thor
maybe he will simply quit so someone else can do it

Yeah I have a feeling this might happen.

queeq
That would be a problem for DC.

BruceSkywalker
where is zack to tell us different about Affleck possibly leaving?

Inhuman

Darth Thor
Not surprising

BruceSkywalker
can someone contact zach to see if he's okay

Kazenji
Reason its a mess is because of Zack Snyder, WB's can't see that only the money.

BruceSkywalker
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.. I'm ready for any ready made excuses from pople on here.. You know who you are..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-will-not-direct-1201971566/

quanchi112
DC is a mess. A mess!!!

laughing out loud

-Pr-
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.. I'm ready for any ready made excuses from pople on here.. You know who you are..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-will-not-direct-1201971566/

Did you even read the article?

Jesus, it's like people want the movie to suck.

Impediment
The DCCU is so screwed already, and it apparently isn't going to improve.

I'll admit that I ate my words about Batfleck, and I was actually looking forward to seeing how Ben would fare as the director in his own Batman movie.

Que sera sera.

BackFire
That's too bad if true. Was looking forward to Affleck directing a Batman movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Did you even read the article?

Jesus, it's like people want the movie to suck.

I read the damn article...

And I am still laughing.. Nobody told WB to rush things and put out shit.. Affleck hemhawing around was a very telling sign.. Also unknown about you but I can read between the lines, "this mutually shit" is just that.. They don;t want people to think bad about them.. well too damn bad...

where is Zack at???? Is he hidng???

Inhuman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

http://imgur.com/gOPffl2.gif

-Pr-
I read the damn article...

And I am still laughing.. Nobody told WB to rush things and put out shit.. Affleck hemhawing around was a very telling sign.. Also unknown about you but I can read between the lines, "this mutually shit" is just that.. They don;t want people to think bad about them.. well too damn bad...

where is Zack at???? Is he hidng???

Because that's the only thing it could be, right? It couldn't have anything to do with "Live By Night", a movie that he directed and starred in just recently, and didn't end up doing very well.

Arachnid1
"But it's not a set thing and there's no script"

The movie lost it's director and has no script. I wonder if that even means Deathstroke will still be the villain.

-Pr-
Ugh, I missed the bit about the script.

**** it. WB has already screwed the pooch anyway.

Darth Thor
Damn Affleck directing was their golden card.

And the Flash is a mess right now too.

Well there's always Black Adam laughing out loud

Time to put a close on this cinematic Universe and reboot with a Much better thought out plan in a few years.

Arachnid1
That sucks. Man of Steel was a good start, and I liked Henry Cavill. Looks like a reboot is probably their best bet.

Ridley_Prime
"But it's not a set thing and there's no script"

The movie lost it's director and has no script. I wonder if that even means Deathstroke will still be the villain.
I'd still at least expect him in some form, as don't they already have an actor chosen for him along with the made costume that was posted awhile ago?

Regardless, yeah. This doesn't bode well for the film or the cinematic universe in general. Practically every kind of wrong decision that could've been made with these films had been made. I thought MoS was an okay start too (while recognizing its faults), but they didn't just drop the ball. They slammed it until there was almost nothing left of said ball. Even if a reboot happens, I wouldn't trust them not to phuck up again until I started seeing evidence that would prove otherwise.

Darth Thor
Yeah every single upcoming project of theirs (save Aquaman) has been seriously struggling with either the script or the keeping directors.

MF DELPH
Smh...

#tragicbronsonalert

quanchi112
I've said this for years amongst a few others. I correctly predicted this was a pile of shit since the onset of Man of Steel. Darth Thor looked forward to Batman v. Superman over Star Wars and proclaimed himself a super Star Wars fan. Now since time has proven it's undeniable they are jumping ship. I win.

https://media.giphy.com/media/aWRWTF27ilPzy/giphy.gif

MF DELPH
It's crazy how fortunes have changed. Once upon a time Warner Bros was the go to studio for live action comic super hero films. Now it seems senior management over there is the biggest hurdle for the material. What happened to the comics component of the studio after the Nolan Trilogy? They greenlit Green Lantern and Jonah Hex and it's been downhill since (Man of Steel being a somewhat exception to the rule). It makes no sense.

*edit

Word is that Matt Reeves (Planet of the Apes reboots) is at the top of the short list for director so this might end up being a move in the right direction.

quanchi112
Matt Reeves is pretty exceptional. Ben Affleck is vastly overrated.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because that's the only thing it could be, right? It couldn't have anything to do with "Live By Night", a movie that he directed and starred in just recently, and didn't end up doing very well.

Of course Live by Night has somehting to do with it.. However lets not pretend that he hasn;t had success directing himself before.. Also explain his hold up of hemhawing aorund when asked about the script?? he is riting the damn f&cking thing right?????? Also you are aware that movie srtudios like to lie whn they put out press releases..

Is Zack still under a rock?? How come he isn;t here?? Is he crying still? Someone check up on him

quanchi112
Golgo has abandoned ship. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
They should have got Affleck to direct Justice League. I was always thinking it's a bit much to Star in and Script and Produce and Direct a solo Batman film.

Justice League would have been a more manageable project for him. He'd definitely do a better job than Snyder, that's for sure.

quanchi112
Quit with the excuses.

playa1258
Live by Night lost like $75 million.

quanchi112
Ben Affleck is painfully overrated.

BruceSkywalker
I kknow folks here won't like but IDGAF....

Affleck might leave Batman role, specualton obviously but not at all surprising if it turns true

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/31/ben-affleck-quits-batman-not-staring-role/

-Pr-
Of course Live by Night has somehting to do with it.. However lets not pretend that he hasn;t had success directing himself before.. Also explain his hold up of hemhawing aorund when asked about the script?? he is riting the damn f&cking thing right?????? Also you are aware that movie srtudios like to lie whn they put out press releases..

Is Zack still under a rock?? How come he isn;t here?? Is he crying still? Someone check up on him

erm That's really not nice.

Affleck might leave Batman role, specualton obviously but not at all surprising if it turns true

Might be a good thing, tbh.

Patient_Leech
Oh my God, a George Miller-directed Batman film would be f^cking amazing, or at least a lot better than most others.

But I'd still rather he keep his talents toward a new Mad Max film.

Matt Reeves would be cool, too.

Kazenji
Well George Miller was going to do a Justice League Movie back in the day, Until the writer's strike kicked in

he'd probably would've done a better job then Zack Snyder.

-Pr-
Given what was said about that movie, I'm not so sure.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh my God, a George Miller-directed Batman film would be f^cking amazing, or at least a lot better than most others.

But I'd still rather he keep his talents toward a new Mad Max film.

Matt Reeves would be cool, too.

Reeves will prolly be a yes man lol

Esau Cairn
Personally I'd love to see Frank Miller & Robert Rodriguez team up again & do a Sin City style Batman flick.

And no it doesn't have to be a nod or rendition of TDKR.

Darth Thor

Yeah this could just be the first step to him saying he's not doing Batman anymore.

tkitna
Lol. What a disaster. WB/DC couldnt screw this Universe up more if their lives depended on it.

TheVaultDweller
So, Flash is a mess, rumours about WW are not very flattering right now, Affleck might be out, and Black Adam/Shazam seems to be going nowhere slowly, despite Dwayne Johnson's enthusiasm? Yeah, the DCEU is royally screwed right now.

Weird thing is, the DCAU is pretty decent overall. I enjoy most of those films. But they just can't seem to translate that to a live-action franchise.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
So, Flash is a mess, rumours about WW are not very flattering right now, Affleck might be out, and Black Adam/Shazam seems to be going nowhere slowly, despite Dwayne Johnson's enthusiasm? Yeah, the DCEU is royally screwed right now.

Weird thing is, the DCAU is pretty decent overall. I enjoy most of those films. But they just can't seem to translate that to a live-action franchise.

I can't help speculating what it would have been like if DC had the directors Marvel has. Starting with Jon Favreau who directed the first Iron Man, Marvel has simply been pushing all the right buttons. Kenneth Branagh did an admirable job on Thor, the Russo brothers have been killing it, Jamie Gunn knocked it out of the park and Joss Whedon proved once again why he is such a fanboy and fangirl favourite.

Unless DC somehow brokers a deal with Marvel (and wouldn't that be fantastic) who would be the best directors if you could pick for DC? Personally, I would like to see the Wachowskis's take. I loved Speed Racer and of course The Matrix will forever be THE movie that signified the end 0 the 90s and the beginning of the 00s.

While I am not always a fan of Peter Berg (his recent love affair with Mark Wahlberg is starting to grate on my nerves) when he is good, he is very good. See The Rundown and Hancock for examples. And maybe Ron Howard? He is maybe not the obvious first choice for a superhero movie, but nobody can deny the man makes good, epic movies.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I can't help speculating what it would have been like if DC had the directors Marvel has. Starting with Jon Favreau who directed the first Iron Man, Marvel has simply been pushing all the right buttons. Kenneth Branagh did an admirable job on Thor, the Russo brothers have been killing it, Jamie Gunn knocked it out of the park and Joss Whedon proved once again why he is such a fanboy and fangirl favourite.

Unless DC somehow brokers a deal with Marvel (and wouldn't that be fantastic) who would be the best directors if you could pick for DC? Personally, I would like to see the Wachowskis's take. I loved Speed Racer and of course The Matrix will forever be THE movie that signified the end 0 the 90s and the beginning of the 00s.

While I am not always a fan of Peter Berg (his recent love affair with Mark Wahlberg is starting to grate on my nerves) when he is good, he is very good. See The Rundown and Hancock for examples. And maybe Ron Howard? He is maybe not the obvious first choice for a superhero movie, but nobody can deny the man makes good, epic movies.

I'd have to think about this a bit. Matthew Vaughn might be worth approaching. In terms of directing, his work on things like the first Kickass, X-Men: First Class, as well as Kingsman, would indicate that he has a pretty solid understanding of what makes these types of films work. Some of the others who you mentioned, in particular the Wachowskis, have been a bit hit-and-miss in recent times, IMO. Sense8 was apparently pretty good (I never watched it myself), but Jupiter Ascending was absolute garbage, and I honestly didn't care for Cloud Atlas either.

Dreampanther
I'd have to think about this a bit. Matthew Vaughn might be worth approaching. In terms of directing, his work on things like the first Kickass, X-Men: First Class, as well as Kingsman, would indicate that he has a pretty solid understanding of what makes these types of films work. Some of the others who you mentioned, in particular the Wachowskis, have been a bit hit-and-miss in recent times, IMO. Sense8 was apparently pretty good (I never watched it myself), but Jupiter Ascending was absolute garbage, and I honestly didn't care for Cloud Atlas either.

That final scene alone of Kick-Ass should make Vaughn a worthy contender. I am holding thumbs for him that Kingsman: The Golden Circle will be a worthy sequel. In which case - yes, certainly he would make a good choice.

As for the Wachowskis... I know they are a risk. But DC needs a win,they need it big and they need it bad. (Uhmm, yes, I know what that sounds like.)

What about Luc Besson? Now that he is finished with Valerian he should be available, and while (like the Wachowskis) he can be a bit hit-and-miss when he is good he is not just good, he is game-changing good (think Leon, Fifth Element, Big Blue...)

TheVaultDweller
As for the Wachowskis... I know they are a risk. But DC needs a win,they need it big and they need it bad. (Uhmm, yes, I know what that sounds like.)

Well... http://www.businessinsider.com/zack-snyder-old-interview-batman-prison-rape-2016-5

Dreampanther
Well... http://www.businessinsider.com/zack-snyder-old-interview-batman-prison-rape-2016-5

eek! laughing out loud laughing

TheVaultDweller
What's staggering to me is that the prison rape bit is from a rather old interview. So, WB knew what kind of weird take Snyder had on those characters, and then still chose him to direct those films.

Kazenji
And also Snyder loves Violence & Sex in his comic books

just doesn't work for these character's.

tkitna
I loved Speed Racer.

Not ragging, but this is the first time i've ever heard somebody say this.

Sense8 was apparently pretty good

I made it through 6 episodes before I finally bailed on it. I know some people really liked it, but it didnt do anything for me.

Kazenji
Kevin Smith doesn't want to direct the movie from what i've read

apparently Matt Reeves is the front-runner to direct the movie.

Dreampanther

tkitna
Lol. Its all good. I'm glad you liked it and stick up for it. I grew up watching the cartoon and loved it, but never connected with the movie. I never paid too much attention to it though to be fair. I just knew I didnt like it. For grins I went and looked at some reviews for it and Roger Ebert said it best -

Now the Wachowski brothers (of the "Matrix" movies) have spent $100 million on a mixture of photography and digital animation and called it "Speed Racer." They have captured (almost) all the chintziness, inexpressiveness and incoherence of the TV show in two hours and nine minutes, or about two hours too long, give or take. Yet some of us would just rather re-rent "Tron" (1982), which was not only a more immersive, dimensional and original take on the Commodore 64 video-graphics aesthetic, but also funnier and more exciting.

Peace and Racer X ruled.

Zack M
George Miller. Do it!

Darth Thor
George Miller. Do it!

Won't make a difference which "big name" they get Zack. Affleck's obviously dropped out because the script sucks, and WB just won't give him free reign to make the movie he wants. (So much for the "director driven studio"wink.

He'll quit playing the character as soon as his contract is up.

Ridley_Prime
Which is a damn shame. He gets brought back from Daredevil, only for it to come to this?

Darth Thor
^ Well unlike Daredevil at least he's given us a good performance as Batman. He is the best thing about the DCEU right now.

To be fair though, after Daredevil he knew full well the risks involved going for a role as big as Batman. However it ends up though I think the impact of playing Batman on his career has been overall positive.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>