Galactic Wars: Imperial Remnant VS Revan's Sith Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Hey everyone, welcome to this little series? i guess where we take several forces from the SW Universe and pit them against each other. Here's a little Synopsis.

The Galaxy has been divided between the Imperial Remnant and Revan's Forces. Both Forces have a near equal amount of Foot soldiers, starships, dreadnoughts and cruisers.

---------------------

Overview:

First Battle: Vjun.

On Offense. Revan's Empire.

The Military group of Darth Revan has decided make the first move by attacking The Imperial Remnant's base on the planet Vjun.

Coordinating the attack is Darth Revan and his advisor, Saul Karath.

Revan's Space Assault Force is made up of: Half a dozen cruisers. ten Dreadnoughts, all armed with turbo lasers and several starfighters and bombers.

Revan's ground assault force is made up of: One hundred Dark Jedi(top students and masters)ten battalions of Sith Troopers, one hundred Sith Assassins, and ten battalions of Sith Assault Droids.

The ground forces are being led by: Darth Sion.

---------------------

On Defense: The Imperial Remnant.

In defense of Vjun is the venerable, Admiral Thrawn.

Thrawn's Arial Forces are composed of: Twelve Star Destroyers and four dreadnoughts, all armed with Turbo lasers and several Tie fighters and Tie Bombers.

Thrawn's ground defense force is made up of: Ninety Reborn Dark Jedi(top warriors and force users) thirty Shadowtroopers, seventy Shadow Academy students. 15 battalions of Stormtroopers.

The ground forces of are being led by: Tavion Axmis.

---------------------

I'll be compiling votes via arguments and otherwise(i.e "Revan's empire wins"wink. Afterward we'll move on to the next scenario featuring the prominent Commanders of each force. There will be four scenarios in total. Hopefully this draws your eyes big grin

Angelalex242
Remnant should dominate the space battle, because Thrawn is the greatest military mind ever.

Once the space battle's decided, the group troops will get nuked from orbit even if Revan's side does win.

AncientPower
Thrawn is a better strategist and his fleet is many times stronger.

carthage
Is the Maw fleet considered a part of the Imperial Remnant?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
Is the Maw fleet considered a part of the Imperial Remnant?

Yes, but Thrawn is only using the forces I described. The maw fleet will be featured in the next scenario though.

DarthAnt66
I'm assuming technology 4,000 years later outclasses that of the old, ancient Rakata, lol.

Even if Revan is a better strategist, in which he probably is, his ships can't compete to my knowledge.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm assuming technology 4,000 years later outclasses that of the old, ancient Rakata, lol.

Even if Revan is a better strategist, in which he probably is, his ships can't compete to my knowledge.

They can't, in fact much of if not all of Revan's Empire is outclassed tbh.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Even if Revan is a better strategist, in which he probably is, his ships can't compete to my knowledge. Originally posted by Zenwolf
They can't, in fact much of if not all of Revan's Empire is outclassed tbh.

I always thought the rakatan tech was formidable given how much of a hard time they gave the OR.

Any quotes on the SF produced ships? If not than I'll start the next scenario.

Q99
Oh, Thrawn dominates in space. Aside from, y'know, being Thrawn, who is not as unbeatable or flawless as some think but is definitely really good, he has bigger, stronger ships that carry better fighters.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I always thought the rakatan tech was formidable given how much of a hard time they gave the OR.

Any quotes on the SF produced ships? If not than I'll start the next scenario.

It's reasonably formidable for it's time, but, the Interdictor-class, the most common ship made by the star forge (and the design was one based on Republic tech of the time)? Six hundred meters long.

Imperial Star Destroyer? One thousand six hundred meters long.

Guns and shielding also likely got more efficient/powerful in the period in between, but even if we assumed pound-for-pound parity, the later ships are simply bigger.

The front-line Republic ships of the time, the Hammerhead cruisers, are somewhat comparable to Nebula-Bs, to give you a sense of scale.

Zenwolf
^ What Q said, that and it's not like Rakata tech is infallible. It's great, but from the Battle of the Starforge. The ships were outright destroyed by the OR fleet.

So the durability of their ships is rather....well flimsy, the Hammerheads pale in comparison to an ISD in both size, crew and firepower.

Zenwolf
To add, the Empire doesn't really carry any versatility as far as fighters go. The Sith Fighter is pretty much all they have, which are comparable to the standard TIE fighter of the GE. But the GE have better pilots ontop of a variety of other TIE models and fighters/gunboats.

Emperordmb
Lol @ "the empire"

That's not very specific when discussing 2 empires stick out tongue

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Lol @ "the empire"

That's not very specific when discussing 2 empires stick out tongue

Well here's it's the Remnant for the GE, so I figured Empire would be ok for Revan's Empire.

Fated Xtasy
The Votes:

Imperial Remnant 5.5 - Revan's Empire 0.5(this your vote Ant, i thought it counted as half a point for both)

Alright Next scenario:

Synopsis

After losing to Admiral Thrawn, Revan and Saul make a jump to hyper space and regroup. Riding on the high moral and momentum. Thrawn sends Admiral Daala and Admiral Galak Fyyar to the undefended planet of Telos, while he follows after Revan's flagship.

--------------------

Overview:

On Offense: Imperial Remnant.

Admiral Daala and Galak Fyyar have decided to forgo strategy and bull rush the enemy.

Daala and Galak are coordinating the Arial forces.

Imperial Forces are made up of: Daala's flagship The Knight Hammer and Galak's flagship The Doomgiver

Imperial Ground Forces are composed of: Five battalions of Cultists empowered by the Scepter of Ragnos, two battalions of Shadowtroopers, and 5 battalions of infantry troops.

Ground Forces are led by: Brakiss.

--------------------

On Defense: Revan's Empire.

Coordinating the defense of TSF/Telos Station is, General Meetra Surik.

Meetra's Air forces Forces are composed of: Four Hammer-head class cruisers. Meetra also has the planetary defenses of Telos and has reinforcements coming in from Onderon, Dxun and Dantooine.(a total of three hammer - head cruisers. Not counting the four cruisers orbiting Telos)

Meetra's Ground Forces are composed of: all of the TSF Forces, five battalions of Czerka Mercenaries, and six battalions of HK-50 droids. Plus Onderonian, Mandolorian and Dantooine reinforcements. Meetra has also the advantage of her BM.(her party is guarding her)

Leading the Ground forces are: HK-47 and Canderous Ordo/Mandalore
--------------------

Remnant Objective to wins:

Destroy all four Hammer-head cruisers before reinforcements arrive.

or

Wipe out ground forces and take over the TSF station.

--------------------

Meetra Surik Coalition Objectives to win:

Cruisers must survive until reinforcements arrive.

and the station must be secured.

If Meetra's forces destroy either the Doomgiver or Knight Hammer, the Imperial Remnant will be forced to retreat.

--------------------

Who wins?

Zenwolf
The Knight Hammer solos before bombarding the shit out of Telos.

DarthAnt66
I didn't vote for Revan's team - it would get demolished.

I merely stated Revan was a superior tactician to Thrawn.

That won't save him from a grossly inferior fleet though.

Nephthys
I think Revan before he became a dumbass with brain trauma probably was a better strategist than Thrawn. Thrawn gets a lot of fellatio but as far as I can tell he didn't actually accomplish much or really pull off any amazing strategies, compared to Revan who practically revolutionized the Republics military and turned the tides majorly.

Q99
You could fit the entire opposing fleet inside the Knight Hammer's hanger bay multiple times over.

"Knight Hammer rams them" is an acceptable victory method.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I think Revan before he became a dumbass with brain trauma probably was a better strategist than Thrawn. Thrawn gets a lot of fellatio but as far as I can tell he didn't actually accomplish much or really pull off any amazing strategies, compared to Revan who practically revolutionized the Republics military and turned the tides majorly.

I want to note that Thrawn's fleet was small, relatively speaking. He had a fairly small amount of star destroyers, plus eventually a few hundred dreadnaughts, but was able to expand Imperial holdings against the New Republic despite inferior number numbers, until Ackbar came into play he was able to outmaneuver better fleets consistently and do stuff that caused disproportional panic like the astroids around Coruscant.

The other warlords and the Clone Empire were hording a lot, when clone Palpatine came back with his fleet, it was a much larger and stronger fleet than Thrawn's with bigger ships.

Selenial
Honestly, cross era Ships is a really hard thing to manage, but this is a slaughter several times over in Thrawn's favour because of his ships.

We run tournaments where people use different eras of ships on the SWTOR boards, and for that assume that shields and weapon powers are the same cross era. So like a ship designed for shielding (MC-80) would have more than another ship of its size in any era, but something standard like an Acclamator matches something else standard like a Harrower.

But you also have to factor in the amount of weapons the ships have. Hammerheads aren't the best ships tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.