SSJ1 Goku and SSJ1 Vegeta vs. Adult SSJ2 Gohan (pre-Z sword training)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Goku & Vegeta from Buu Saga.

juggerman
Going with the team here

bbrem123
Yea Adult Gohan was a pushover

Galan007
Depends whether or not you think Goku was likening Dabra's power to Perfect Cell or Super-Perfect Cell:
http://i.imgur.com/oSsACmS.jpg
If the former, then Goku and Vegeta can probably win after a really good fight. If the latter, Gohan still stomps.

juggerman
Super Perfect is too much. Gohan was able to hold his own against Dabura even tho he was a lot weaker than his teen self.

Adam Grimes
I don't know. A severely hurt Gohan (with just half of his energy available atm, mind you) was able to overpower Cell's most powerful attack.

SPC wasn't all that much stronger imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
Super Perfect is too much. Gohan was able to hold his own against Dabura even tho he was a lot weaker than his teen self. Then the argument arises: why would Goku compare Dabra to anything less than peak Cell?

AuraAngel
Because he only ever personally fought Cell unpeaked.

Not saying that is what happened but that would be the only reason not to use Super Perfect Cell as the comparison.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
A severely hurt Gohan (with just half of his energy available atm, mind you) was able to overpower Cell's most powerful attack.

I was about to mention that, but... let's be fair. He's had a lot of help. Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo and Vegeta all cheapshotted Cell.

Galan007
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Because he only ever personally fought Cell unpeaked.

Not saying that is what happened but that would be the only reason not to use Super Perfect Cell as the comparison. Goku had still sensed SPC's power whilst he was fighting Gohan, though. I really don't see any reason for him to liken Dabra to an inferior version of Cell, but there's no way to be sure one way or the other. /shrug

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I was about to mention that, but... let's be fair. He's had a lot of help. Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo and Vegeta all cheapshotted Cell. That was filler. In the manga, base Vegeta is the only character who distracted SPC with a cheap-shot-blast.

But yeah, I used to be of the opinion that SPC and SSJ2 Gohan were about equal... But anymore, I think it's clear that Gohan was superior--or at least, had far superior energy reserves.

Adam Grimes
thumb up

As for the thread, unless Gohan got ~50% weaker during the 7 years of peace (which is entirely possible, or even likely considering Tori always takes the chance to shit on Gohan) he should still win. SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta weren't that far above CG SSJ2 Gohan, apparently.

It's always hard to tell with DB, though.

Galan007
Yeah, it really just depends which 'version' of Cell that Goku likened Dabra to--because that's the level SSJ2 Gohan was at.

If SPC, then we are still dealing with a level well beyond what Goku/Vegeta can reach as SSJ1.

ie. SPC~Dabra~SSJ2 Gohan(Buu saga)>>SSJ1 Goku/SSJ1 Vegeta.

If Perfect Cell, then Gohan can put up a fight, but he'd probably get beaten in the end. SSJ2 Goku was stated to be more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan was against Cell, but the difference wasn't implied to be anything but marginal, imo. Subsequently, this means that SSJ1 Goku would also be a bit more powerful than Gohan was as a SSJ1 during the Cell Games--which would likely put SSJ1 Goku around the level of 100% Perfect Cell. SSJ2 Vegeta was probably ~/< SSJ2 Gohan(Cell Games), as he required the Majin amp just to put him on par with SSJ2 Goku--so his SSJ1 form would be ~/< SSJ1 Gohan(Cell Games) by proxy. This would put SSJ1 Vegeta below the likes of 100% Perfect Cell.

ie. SSJ2 Goku>SSJ2 Gohan(Cell Games)~SSJ2 Vegeta>SPC>>100% Perfect Cell~Dabra~SSJ2 Gohan(Buu saga)~SSJ1 Goku>SSJ1 Vegeta.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, that's more or less my view on it. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Goku had still sensed SPC's power whilst he was fighting Gohan, though. I really don't see any reason for him to liken Dabra to an inferior version of Cell, but there's no way to be sure one way or the other. /shrug

That was filler. In the manga, base Vegeta is the only character who distracted SPC with a cheap-shot-blast.

But yeah, I used to be of the opinion that SPC and SSJ2 Gohan were about equal... But anymore, I think it's clear that Gohan was superior--or at least, had far superior energy reserves.

Especially considering Cell had the benefit of a few resets in the form of a senzu and the super perfect cell amp (Which should have restored Cells strength in the same way going from base to SSJ restored Goku, or Freeza's forms kept recharging him.)

Not to mention, Cell had canon help in the form of Cell Jr's. Made Gohan waste some energy, if nothing else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.