Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=CTNJ51ghzdY

|King Joker|
"Practical effects, real sets, real people, practical effects and did we forget to mention practical effects?"

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
"Practical effects, real sets, real people, practical effects and did we forget to mention practical effects?"

LMAO

That's so dumb.

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|

And thank god for that.

Anyway, this isn't trailer 3, just behind the scenes footage.

psmith81992
http://www.snoringmouthpieceguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/old-man-snore.jpg

The_Tempest
If I see a single instance of CGI on my screen in December, I'm going to fvcking riot.

CGI has no place in a science fiction movie in 2015.

Beefy, what would make TFA more exciting for you?

psmith81992
Nothing, it looks stupid. Everything that should have been said about star wars has already been said.

carthage
Its going to look so much better than the piece of shit prequels lmao.

Tzeentch
The stormtrooper with the flamethrower gave me an erection, no doubt.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
Its going to look so much better than the piece of shit prequels lmao.

erm

Because the special effects in the Prequels were so bad right?

I mean how dare they be the first movies to use completely digital characters and sets. That's why we all complained and b****ed about how bad Avatar looked right?

Btw fun fact. TPM used more "real models" than any other movie before it.

Beniboybling
They're layering it on a bit thick, but neato. Looks awesome.

|King Joker|
The only interesting thing in that "trailer" was SEEING CARRIE FISHER, GUYS, FINALLY!

Beniboybling
Yeah she looks pretty cool.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Wouldn't that make him a flametrooper? mmm

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Thor
ermI mean how dare they be the first movies to use completely digital characters and sets. That's why we all complained and b****ed about how bad Avatar looked right?

Yes. When I want to watch "completely digital characters and sets," I watch cartoons. If I pay to see live action movies, I expect live action.

"Completely digital characters and sets" just look fake as heck. Give me real, actual sets and guys in suits/puppets any day.

I mean, do you honestly think an entire movie consisting of people standing in front of a green-screen is a good thing?

The_Tempest
Depends on the quality of the CGI.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Wouldn't that make him a flametrooper? mmm
I would like to think that would make him a...

Blaze Trooper cool

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I would like to think that would make him a...

Blaze Trooper cool

As long as part of his initiation means burning a pile of Drew Karpyshyn books with his bitching flamethrower, I'm cool with that.

Tzeentch
Wouldn't that make him a flametrooper? mmm Are stormtroooers armed with storms? mmm

The_Tempest
Are snowtroopers armed with snow? mmm

REXXXX
Darktroopers are armed with dark.

Tzeentch
Are snowtroopers armed with snow? mmm I didn't know snowtroopers were a thing. Does that make the forest-camo guys planttroopers? mmm

carthage
Depends on the quality of the CGI.

thumb up

ROTS's has held up well, especially the opening sequence and some of the worlds during the Order 66 scene.

The_Tempest
I didn't know snowtroopers were a thing. Does that make the forest-camo guys planttroopers? mmm

Well foliage troopers doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by carthage
thumb up

ROTS's has held up well, especially the opening sequence and some of the worlds during the Order 66 scene.

See, that's fine. Using CGI and green screen to create shots of fantastic alien worlds and such, that's great. That's the kind of thing it ought to be used for.

But does practically the entire movie need to be green screen? Even when its just people walking down a corridor? Do you seriously see that as a good thing?

Selenial
Originally posted by chilled monkey
See, that's fine. Using CGI and green screen to create shots of fantastic alien worlds and such, that's great. That's the kind of thing it ought to be used for.

But does practically the entire movie need to be green screen? Even when its just people walking down a corridor? Do you seriously see that as a good thing?

My thoughts from another thread tbh:

CGI has always seemed like the shortcut to me, if you have something you can make with props, it's generally going to look better when made with props. Even the most modern CGI doesn't look entirely real, it's even less convincing when it's landscapes.

I can understand places like Mustafar and Coruscant needing to be CGI, the fantasy look distracts from the fakeness of the CGI. The old classics like Tatooine and Endor however don't need to be CGI, and they look better when done in actual remote locations. They feel more real.

I'm all for the style that Abrams is going for.

chilled monkey
That's it exactly.

Nephthys
ykmZp5cgbkU

Well said Geor-wait what???

Darth Luminous

Don't ask, don't tell.

carthage
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Don't ask, don't tell.

love

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Nephthys
ykmZp5cgbkU

Well said Geor-wait what??? xxf1c3fzDOU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.