SoD Maul vs. RotS Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Instead of facing Kenobi in RotS, Vader is confronted by Maul.

Setting: Mustafar

Who wins?

AncientPower
Vader solidly.

Angelalex242
Maul. ROTS Vader takes a hit on joining the Dark Side.

(Anakin would win though)

Stigma
IMHO Kenobi only lasted as long agaisnt Vader because he knew his style inside-out. That won't be the case for Maul.

On the other hand, Maul's more powerful in the Force than Kenobi, so he might use that to his advantage, His agility may be problematic for Vader too.

Angelalex242
Well, I'm presuming they mean suitless Vader. Suitless Vader hasn't lost his agility yet. What he has lost is the clarity of mind he had when pwning Dooku.

Emperordmb
Obi-Wan's presence may have been the primary factor in Anakin's "loss of clarity" as ROTS Vader, and it was Kenobi's familiarity with Anakin's style and Soresu that allowed him to hold him off, his Soresu and Sokan that led to his retreat across an uneven and perilous terrain that eventually led him to the hillside which he happened to notice first and take advantage of with his skill in Sokan. As mighty a combatant as Maul is, none of those edges can be attributed to him, so I fail to see how Kenobi's victory over ROTS Vader implies that Maul would do the same.

carthage
Vader

EmperorSidious2
Maul would put up one heck of a fight but at the end of the day it's Vader.

Trocity
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Maul. ROTS Vader takes a hit on joining the Dark Side.

(Anakin would win though)

That's Anakin after choking out Padme and being conflicted about fighting Obi-Wan...

Operation Knightfall Vader takes Maul to the curb.

ILS
Originally posted by Trocity
That's Anakin after choking out Padme and being conflicted about fighting Obi-Wan...

Operation Knightfall Vader takes Maul to the curb. My thoughts as well admittedly, Anakin seemed to be at his best at this point. It'd be a clear win on his part.

SunRazer
This is supposed to be Anakin's prime, and without the hindrances, he's solidly above Maul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.