Exar Kun and Krayt vs. Malgus and Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
These are:
- peak Exar Kun (he gets his amulets)
- Reborn Krayt
- Revan Vitiate
- False Emperor Malgus

Setting: Massassi Temple

Old school categories:
1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

Who wins?

Selenial
Krayt would put up a really good fight against Vitiate, and Malgus has nothing on Kun.

Team 1 tbh

Beniboybling
Sabers: If Vitiate can't rely on his offensive Force powers he won't be of much help and won't last long in a duel, Team 1.

Force: Without sabers Kun and Krayt are at a disadvantage, and much less able to deal with Vitiate's powers, against Vitiate alone they will struggle, with Malgus they'll fall. Team 2 me thinks.

All-Out: I'm not convinced Krayt (or Kun) could put up a fight against Vitiate if Revan can't, certainly not the time necessary to defeat Malgus. There is also the nexus to take into account which will likely amplify Vitiate the most. Team 2 wins.

Nephthys
Sabers: Team 1, noshit.

Force: Vitiate > Kun and Malgus > Krayt in terms of TK and lightning.

Overall: Malgus vs Krayt would be a good fight with the latter eventually winning due to Dark Transfer. Kun vs Vitiate is probably Vitiate's game since his defenses are excellent and his lightning and TP are both OP. I feel that he can force a Force duel and win. Overall probably team 2, Swtor Vitiate would make it sure imo.

Angelalex242
I disagree with the Force Rankings.

Vitiate>Reborn Krayt>=Kun>FE Malgus.

So it boils down to can either Kun or Krayt last long enough against Vitiate for Malgus to die.

Team 1 can win if they can gang up on Vitiate.

carthage
Krayt doesn't need dark transfer to beat Malgus

He's better in every way to begin with

Beniboybling
^^ Pretty much.

carthage
Back to the topic I think the team has a fair shot. Malgus loses to either in a duel, and with the nexus amp he gets destroyed fairly rapidly by either Kun's blasts/drain or Krayt outs him with drain as well.

Krayt's tutaminus/drain would be troublesome to Vitiate as well, and he has TP resistance to ward off any attack from Vitiate. Either of them can hold off Vitiate with their force abilities, and literally destroy him if they can close the distance. Vitiate's lightning can be absorbed by Krayt's tutaminus/deflected or blocked by barrier from any of the Dark lords, so its not really helping him in any sense at all

EmperorSidious2
Team 2

Sinious
Team 2 takes the force and all out.

SunRazer
Probably team 1 in everything, to be honest.

Sinious
Do Kun's or Krayt's tutaminis feats surpass Revan's? If not, Vitiate can take out whoever he chooses to with lightning while Malgus holds off the other. How are they gonna win this again?

SunRazer
Vitiate needed to charge up a Storm on a nexus to overwhelm Revan.

By the same token, not sure how either of team 2 holds up against Kun's Blasts.

Sinious
It didn't take a long time for Vitiate to charge it and didn't Kun also need to charge his blast to reach very destructive levels?

SunRazer
Kun won't need to charge it any longer than Vitiate would. And again, it was charged on a nexus (for both of them, but Kun became vastly more powerful afterwards, apparently).

Sinious
The nexus argument is blurry imo. We don't know how it effected Revan. And unlike most people here, I don't think completely disregarding a feat cause it happened on a nexus is a very logical approach. I agree it makes it less impressive though.

Kun's blasts failed to kill an opponent inferior to Vitiate where Vitty overwhelmed an opponent(who probably has better tutaminis than Kun since I still haven't seen any feats presented by anyone) with a single lightning attack. Not sure how they are comparable.

SunRazer
I don't disregard it, but Vitiate was amped and Revan hindered (he claims he couldn't see through the Force very well on Dromund Kaas). And Vitiate charged up on the nexus - ie. he'll have to charge up for longer on neutral ground.

Sinious
Doesn't he say that prior to the fight? In that specific moment, he uses the dark side as well.

Besides, nexus amp doesn't necessarily shorten the charging time but the power Vitiate can build up in that period of time. Since Kun is inferior to Revan in this regard, Vitiate will have an easier time with him which will make up for the absence of a nexus amp.

SunRazer
No, but it means Vitiate can gather such an amount of energies more easily because there's more dark side energies around.

Sinious
Again, even if Vitiate's attack won't be as powerful as it was in the novel, it will still be powerful enough to overwhelm his opponent's defenses here.

SunRazer
Provided he unleashes it first, sure.

Sinious
Well lets run a scenario.

I assume you agree that Vitiate would defeat any member on team 1 in a pure force fight right? So they have to close the gap to win this which is something Vitiate can easily avoid by quickly sending lightning strikes as he did to Revan to stop him from nearing him. As long as this is a force fight, Vitiate will win and if the opponent tries to defend and slowly walk towards Vitiate, he will be overwhelmed way before he closes the gap and if he charges fast, he'll be sent back. Meanwhile, Malgus can hold off either of them.

Again, not seeing how team 1 can win this, especially a force only fight.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sabers: Team 1, noshit.

Force: Vitiate > Kun and Malgus > Krayt in terms of TK and lightning.

Overall: Malgus vs Krayt would be a good fight with the latter eventually winning due to Dark Transfer. Kun vs Vitiate is probably Vitiate's game since his defenses are excellent and his lightning and TP are both OP. I feel that he can force a Force duel and win. Overall probably team 2, Swtor Vitiate would make it sure imo. Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sabers: If Vitiate can't rely on his offensive Force powers he won't be of much help and won't last long in a duel, Team 1.

Force: Without sabers Kun and Krayt are at a disadvantage, and much less able to deal with Vitiate's powers, against Vitiate alone they will struggle, with Malgus they'll fall. Team 2 me thinks.

All-Out: I'm not convinced Krayt (or Kun) could put up a fight against Vitiate if Revan can't, certainly not the time necessary to defeat Malgus. There is also the nexus to take into account which will likely amplify Vitiate the most. Team 2 wins. thumb up

AncientPower
Sinious, Exar Kun didn't force blast Aleema Keto, he reflected her sorcery attack back at her and knocked her out with it.

Sinious
I was actually trying to figure out what he did where. I know he reflected a sorcery attack at some point but I also know his mega blast feat was contradicting with another showing of force blast attack that was weaker than his first showing. Its been a long time since I read his material first hand so your more than welcome to clear things up and I'll respond accordingly.

AncientPower
His first showing is when he first snatches the guantlet from the Massassi priest, inside the Great Temple as he is about to be eaten by a Sith wyrm, the guantlet amplifies his rage and causes him to go doomray on everything in sight.

That is the only display of his Force blast we've seen, the other occasion is when he bursts in on Ulic Qel-Droma and Aleema Keto, Keto attacks him due to Nadd's forewarning and he reflects her sorcery attack back at her, knocking her out for the entirety of the ensuing duel. It's impressive because no one bar Kun has defended against Sorcery in such a manner, especially against such a powerful sorceror.

Sinious
Thanks. How powerful was the sorcery attack exactly?

AncientPower
Without even trying Aleema husked a politician and was surprised by her own powers, she grew considerably stronger since that point via artifacts and tomes handed to her by Nadd. I'd say very potent, stronger than Ommin at any rate.

Sinious
Do you think he reflected the attack with tutaminis or his own sorcery abilities? in other words, how would that feat apply to lightning attacks in your opinion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.