Global Cooling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.sciencealert.com/a-mini-ice-age-is-coming-in-the-next-15-years

Scientist now say we are going from global warming to cooling and we will see an mini ice age in 15 years. Gotta love their flip flops. I bet Al Gore and all the global warming hippies have no comment. Remember carbon tax laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
http://www.sciencealert.com/a-mini-ice-age-is-coming-in-the-next-15-years

Scientist now say we are going from global warming to cooling and we will see an mini ice age in 15 years. Gotta love their flip flops. I bet Al Gore and all the global warming hippies have no comment. Remember carbon tax laughing out loud

"Solar activity is predicted to drop by 60 percent in 2030."

Bashar Teg
http://i.imgur.com/mtHGp4M.jpg

Mindship
Thank God. I can't stand hot, humid weather.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
"Solar activity is predicted to drop by 60 percent in 2030."

Are you trolling? Why quote me with something in the article?

Robtard
Are you trolling?

Why quote me with something in the article?

Not trolling.

Man-man Global Warming/climatic change is about humanity affecting the Earth via green house gases, deforestation and such. The Sun is another matter.

Time-Immemorial
Which was never proven and they gave up the idea.

Robtard
Research is still actively going. Even the Pope has jumped on board and pissed off people with his ""Laudato si" letter.

Time-Immemorial
The carbon tax idea was fraud, just like every other fraud they feed us and make us pay for.

Bardock42
Which was never proven and they gave up the idea.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Do you think the scientific community has given up on man-made climate change?

Time-Immemorial
Arnt you tired of getting blamed for living?

Bardock42
Arnt you tired of getting blamed for living?

I'm not sure how to answer that. I just wondered if what I asked is what you meant or whether maybe you meant something different.

Time-Immemorial
It's a very easy answer im sorry you can't answer it.

Bardock42
It's a very easy answer im sorry you can't answer it.

It's not very easy, because it's a loaded question. It presupposes that I am or feel blamed for living. Which I do not.

Time-Immemorial
Well you are. You can't change this fact. If liberals can find an issue they use that issue to create controversy and a tax, more control and loss of freedom for the "greater good" that they made up in the first place.

MF DELPH
Personally, I'd prefer technologies with less waste products that don't pollute the environment. I don't see that as a loss of freedom, I see that as a cause to inspire innovation and technological advancement, which in turn could create new capitalist markets and jobs.

Time-Immemorial
Point is we don't cause global warming, we never did. We are not going to cause a cooling unless somehow science can prove we damage the sun nowlaughing out loud

Bardock42
Point is we don't cause global warming, we never did. We are not going to cause a cooling unless somehow science can prove we damage the sun nowlaughing out loud

You understand that the scientific community still thinks (based on a lot of evidence) that we man-made climate change exists, yes?

Time-Immemorial
No proof, cept for Chem trails and geo engineering.

MF DELPH
The position on the part of Climate Change Supporters is that we are releasing more gas emissions than would normally be present in our atmosphere (which is a fact since we burn fossil fuels) while simultaneously removing the natural checks for those emissions (deforestation and sea plant destruction coupled with mass farming, since those organisms would normally intake the extra CO2 and other gases we're pumping into the atmosphere).

Now, we don't put out the levels that, say, a volcanic eruption does, but over time we are altering the chemical balance of our atmosphere (more methane and CO2) and could, if left unchecked, cause a runaway greenhouse effect (the gas balance reaches a point where Earth traps more heat). The argument is really about how far out we are from that occurring, if at all. I don't think it's a big threat for the next 100 years, if not longer, and the planet has been hotter, more oxygen rich, and had more volcanic activity in the past and supported life. It's really about how we can try to maintain hospitable conditions for humans for as long as possible within the factors under our control. We might not kill off all life on Earth or turn Earth into Venus atmospherically, but we could f*ck up the food table on this planet so much that eventually things get arid and food becomes scarce for a population of billions upon billions, though we have millions starving as things stand now. IMO, that's a legit issue, primarily because I actually care about my fellow man and not just my own interests, though I don't think we're gonna have "The Day After Tomorrow" like weather catastrophes occurring, and that's where the scare tactics and BS starts to come into play. At the end of the day we DO need better, cleaner technology and better resource management, and in my opinion, that's a priority.

Time-Immemorial
I can say without a doubt I am the most energy conservationist member here. I live in a solar powered home. I pour energy into the grid daily. This said I refuse to accept we can do a damn thing about warming or cooling.

MF DELPH
We can't effect solar activity. We can, however, effect atmospheric conditions as far as gas concentrations, and that can effect regional weather patterns and ecological conditions (like making an area which was once a marshland a desert). Those conditions could cause some animals and plant life to thrive, but it could cause other's to go extinct, and then creatures that depended on those creatures to go extinct, etc. It's the latter chain of events, which I believe to be mostly hypothetical myself, that Climate Scientists and Ecologists are trying to head off from getting out of hand. We're dependent on other animals and plant life for food. I have no issue with hedging against such a possibility even if it's not a concrete threat.

Time-Immemorial
If the liberals here who have had a majority of wins in American government cares about the enviroment they would have stopped buying oil from the Middle East, made fuel standards 50-100mpg by 2025, invested in more solar infrastructure, stopped flying the senate and house members cross country in private jets. Al Gores house has like a $30k a year electric Bill. They are hypocrites.

Lestov16
So this thread was just a case of illiteracy and climate change bashing. Man has zilch control over the sun, so any phenomena it exhibits has nothing to do with anthropogenic climate change. And WTF LOL at "they gave up on the theory" when the idea is so popular and widespread, do to being obviously true to anyone with a brain, that even the Pope has come out in support of it.

Time-Immemorial
Lol at you caring what the Pope sayslaughing out loud

Since when did you become religious? Or do you use it when it solidifies your radical viewpoints?

MF DELPH
If the liberals here who have had a majority of wins in American government cares about the enviroment they would have stopped buying oil from the Middle East, made fuel standards 50-100mpg by 2025, invested in more solar infrastructure, stopped flying the senate and house members cross country in private jets. Al Gores house has like a $30k a year electric Bill. They are hypocrites.

So you're for dumping fossil fuels outright and allocating large amounts of the federal budget to the development of alternative energy sources and technologies domestically?

Time-Immemorial
Yes, absolutely. Tesla and Sunpower has the tech to do it.

Knife
Jared Diamonds book Collapse outlines some sensible alternatives.

jaden101
The decade of 2001-2010 was the hottest decade since records began. 1991-2000 was the previous record holder and before that was 1981-1990. Every decade since records began has been hotter than the previous decade. 9 of the 10 hottest years on record have come since 2000. Prior to the industrial revolution temperatures were relatively stable for several thousand years.

There are some correction mechanisms that will likely kick in. The shutting down of the gulf stream through fresh water input will cause many areas to cool down.

Not before other places are entirely swallowed up though.

Not looking forward to Scottish summers similar to Hudson Bay though.

Knife
Originally posted by jaden101
The decade of 2001-2010 was the hottest decade since records began. 1991-2000 was the previous record holder and before that was 1981-1990. Every decade since records began has been hotter than the previous decade. 9 of the 10 hottest years on record have come since 2000. Prior to the industrial revolution temperatures were relatively stable for several thousand years.

There are some correction mechanisms that will likely kick in. The shutting down of the gulf stream through fresh water input will cause many areas to cool down.

Not before other places are entirely swallowed up though.

Not looking forward to Scottish summers similar to Hudson Bay though.

Climate change and global warming are pretty much irrefutable, the question is now, can we save our society in its present form?

Time-Immemorial
The earth cools and warms depending on the sun.

jaden101

And volcanic activity. And atmospheric composition.

Knife

Y-yes, and the retention of thermal energy is dependent of lots of other factors. It could also be argued that gravity, the moon and tectonic plates, may well be involved in the earths heating also. That however is not what this thread is about.

Stealth Moose
No proof, cept for Chem trails and geo engineering.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/61/81/ae/6181aef89c9150e68bf64f9375cc4fae.jpg

Bashar Teg
laughing out loud

meep-meep
Tax dollars should only go towards scientific research as it pertains to war and the like. Amirite?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.