Lesbian Obesity Research

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
More tax payer money wasted on a outrageous study.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2014/09/02/why-the-federal-government-spent-3-million-to-study-lesbian-obesity/

Robtard
When I read the title, I had my WTF suspicions as well. But reading the article it's about public health. Which is a good thing both morally and financially in the long run.

They've also spent three million over four years. So it's not even a drop in the bucket.

"Researchers have also determined that gay and bisexual males had a “greater desire for toned muscles” than straight men. This apparently helps explain why gay men are generally more fit than lesbians.

By now, you’re probably wondering why the government is funding a study that, so far, has largely reinforced stereotypes of gays and lesbians. The project summary says that “racial and socioeconomic disparities are receiving increasing attention” and lesbian obesity is “of high public-health significance.”

dadudemon
I'm okay with research like this. I want to know how people tick and why they tick like they do. Stereotypes or not, I love science like this.

Time-Immemorial
Eat less, workout more.

I just saved you all money.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
When I read the title, I had my WTF suspicions as well. But reading the article it's about public health. Which is a good thing both morally and financially in the long run.

They've also spent three million over four years. So it's not even a drop in the bucket.

"Researchers have also determined that gay and bisexual males had a “greater desire for toned muscles” than straight men. This apparently helps explain why gay men are generally more fit than lesbians.

By now, you’re probably wondering why the government is funding a study that, so far, has largely reinforced stereotypes of gays and lesbians. The project summary says that “racial and socioeconomic disparities are receiving increasing attention” and lesbian obesity is “of high public-health significance.”

Of coarse its a drop in the bucket when we 19 trillion in debt.

|King Joker|
Just watched this:

?v=vfLuSEPmcsg

Surtur
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Just watched this:

?v=vfLuSEPmcsg

So just save me 7 minutes..does this show gay people are or are not more healthy? If they are, they need to get the gay men over to help the fat lesbians.

Time-Immemorial
I doubt it's worth watching

Adam_PoE
Answer: the triggers of male sexual desire are visual cues, so people who aim to be sexually desirable to men, i.e. gay men and straight women, feel more pressure to be visually appealing; since lesbians could not care less about being sexually desirable to men, they are far less concerned about male notions of what is appealing.

|King Joker|
thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Answer: the triggers of male sexual desire are visual cues, so people who aim to be sexually desirable to men, i.e. gay men and straight women, feel more pressure to be visually appealing; since lesbians could not care less about being sexually desirable to men, they are far less concerned about male notions of what is appealing.

You could have saved us $3 million.

Surtur

But this means these women don't want to be visually pleasing to men, but women..and so women find obese people visually pleasing? This is good news for fat men in America.

Knife
Most Lesbians on films I've got aren't fat. This study is clearly using the wrong sampling techniques. Just look on Xhamster to see I am right.

red g jacks
i recently went to my cousin's lesbian wedding.. and there were a number of lesbian couples there. none of them were fat... which pretty much debunks this "study." sorry guys

but i did notice one peculiar detail about lesbian society.. notably that pretty much every lesbian couple contains one butch one and one girly looking one. my theory is that the butch ones are the real die hard lesbians where as the girly looking ones are just a bit adventurous. my cousin is the butch one and her wife is the girly looking one... and from what i understand she used to date men. this goes along with my theory that it is possible for men to seduce girly looking lesbians.

my theory is further confirmed by watching season 4 of couple's therapy, featuring one of my favorite rappers, ghostface killah. the show also had a couple on it that consisted of one butch lesbian and one girly looking one. ghostface was clearly the alpha male in the house, and eventually a conflict between the lesbians arose when the girly looking lesbian began overtly flirting with ghost.

currently my request to NASA to grant me funding to further my research is still pending. will keep you all posted when my request is granted.

Robtard
I've personally converted 127 "girly" lesbians back to men. Let me know if you want to hire me as a consultant once your funding comes through.

NemeBro
Originally posted by red g jacks
i recently went to my cousin's lesbian wedding.. and there were a number of lesbian couples there. none of them were fat... which pretty much debunks this "study." sorry guys

but i did notice one peculiar detail about lesbian society.. notably that pretty much every lesbian couple contains one butch one and one girly looking one. my theory is that the butch ones are the real die hard lesbians where as the girly looking ones are just a bit adventurous. my cousin is the butch one and her wife is the girly looking one... and from what i understand she used to date men. this goes along with my theory that it is possible for men to seduce girly looking lesbians.

my theory is further confirmed by watching season 4 of couple's therapy, featuring one of my favorite rappers, ghostface killah. the show also had a couple on it that consisted of one butch lesbian and one girly looking one. ghostface was clearly the alpha male in the house, and eventually a conflict between the lesbians arose when the girly looking lesbian began overtly flirting with ghost.

currently my request to NASA to grant me funding to further my research is still pending. will keep you all posted when my request is granted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality

red g jacks
see: just a bit adventurous

StyleTime
I see what you're saying. If I'm going through a dry spell, I should stop working out and women will throw themselves at me constantly.

I like your style bro. thumb up

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Eat less, workout more.

I just saved you all money.

I imagine that the gub-mint will have to study this issue before it can state its opinion....Anybody got a few million to blow on this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.