Closer to trans tier...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Based off their showings (everything counts here), who is closer to trans tier? Please rate them from Greatest to least greatest.

Thor
Superman
Surfer

Please explain your answer.

abhilegend
Superman

Thor

Surfer

For all his hype, surfer doesn't has that many victories against Herald level characters much less Trans level beings. I'm struggling to recall the last time he beat a trans level character with flat out power.

carver9
I don't agree with everything you said ABHI but I kinda agree with your placement. I would put Thor above them all though but an argument CAN be made for Supes.

Prof. T.C McAbe
They even got some Skyfather feats imo.

Superman
Thor
Glinting Bastard

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
For all his hype, surfer doesn't has that many victories against Herald level characters much less Trans level beings. I'm struggling to recall the last time he beat a trans level character with flat out power.
Sad but true.

Superman and Thor have come across as more impressive against Trans Levelers (and even some Skyfathers) than Surfer has. Makes no sense really but that's the way it is.

Sin I AM
Only because Norrin is the least popular. Let him get more panel time and he'd have more feats...overall they're roughly even

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Sad but true.

Superman and Thor have come across as more impressive against Trans Levelers (and even some Skyfathers) than Surfer has. Makes no sense really but that's the way it is.
Honestly which heralds has surfer beaten on raw power? The only one which comes to mind is Morg but the planet exploded because of their combined power. Surfer was more durable but I don't think he could've koed him on his own power.

While Morg straight up koed him and had chance of killing him but spared him.

Then, who else? Hulk straight up walked through his blasts last two times they fought in The Order and SS 125. He has one win over hulk in TTA 93 though. Thor always got better of him. Then who else?

One_Angry_Scot
I'd say it goes like this.

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Surfer

Now first of all I am going to say I think Surfer is closer to the Trans Tier than any of the other 3 here. But I am basing my opinion on what we see in the comics. Surfer would #1 by this far

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

If he acted on the power that he has inside him. But he just doesn't. He is extremely pacifistic, and rarely if ever actually goes ham on a character. If he had the mindset of say Thor then yeah he could easily be above everyone here but he doesn't. So despite the fact that in my opinion in general based on potential and Surfer's power and potential he would be far above everyone here. His pacifistic nature prevents that. Which is why he is at the bottom.

Superman I would say is closer to the Trans Tier than Thor is again the fact that he does a lot of holding back (which Thor also does). But when Superman goes all out it's a sight to behold. He displays gargantuan amounts of power that is something to behold. It's not even just his strength, or his heat vision. He is also has other things like his speed although that isn't as important. I just think Superman if he isn't holding back (subconsciously or consciously) he just impresses much more than Thor does. It's something we rarely see (Superman not holding back) and everyone is impressed when he doesn't.

Thor comes second because while he has impressive feats (such as hurting Glory) and he is a tough bastard with his durability He can also put a hurting on a lot of people in the Herald Tier and shows some degree of being able to affect people outside of his tier (Trans etc). I already mentioned Glory but when he can he has knocked Thanos (he may not have hurt him much if not at all but it shows he packs a ton of power). I could bring up a ton of other things but I would end up writing 30,000 + words. I just don't think at the end of it while Surfer should be much higher than these guys here (and to note he probably is, he just doesn't exhibit in comics. It's a hard thing to debate but I just find that Superman is just that bit above Thor.

I should clarify in comparison to Superman Thor is absolutely not trailing in power (far from it). I just think he is just a bit above Thor. This is to say that a fight between them with them both going all out is not a Stomp for Superman. It's just Superman takes more wins than his losses.

Now if we were to go on potential at maximum capacity then it would be.

1. Surfer

2.Superman
3.Thor

But this just isn't shown in comics.

Apologies if this is a bit of a crazy write up or anything.

ghostman
superman, the mother****er oneshotted a guy that tosses stars around, went toe to toe with pc kryptonians oneshotted universal death, and this isnt even the tip of the iceberg, superman is known for going beyond his tier. superman has wayy more impressive feats against people in the trans tier than the others imo

superman

thor

surfer

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Surfer

Now first of all I am going to say I think Surfer is closer to the Trans Tier than any of the other 3 here. But I am basing my opinion on what we see in the comics. Surfer would #1 by this far

If he acted on the power that he has inside him. But he just doesn't. He is extremely pacifistic, and rarely if ever actually goes ham on a character. If he had the mindset of say Thor then yeah he could easily be above everyone here but he doesn't. So despite the fact that in my opinion in general based on potential and Surfer's power and potential he would be far above everyone here. His pacifistic nature prevents that. Which is why he is at the bottom.

Superman I would say is closer to the Trans Tier than Thor is again the fact that he does a lot of holding back (which Thor also does). But when Superman goes all out it's a sight to behold. He displays gargantuan amounts of power that is something to behold. It's not even just his strength, or his heat vision. He is also has other things like his speed although that isn't as important. I just think Superman if he isn't holding back (subconsciously or consciously) he just impresses much more than Thor does. It's something we rarely see (Superman not holding back) and everyone is impressed when he doesn't.

Thor comes second because while he has impressive feats (such as hurting Glory) and he is a tough bastard with his durability He can also put a hurting on a lot of people in the Herald Tier and shows some degree of being able to affect people outside of his tier (Trans etc). I already mentioned Glory but when he can he has knocked Thanos (he may not have hurt him much if not at all but it shows he packs a ton of power). I could bring up a ton of other things but I would end up writing 30,000 + words. I just don't think at the end of it while Surfer should be much higher than these guys here (and to note he probably is, he just doesn't exhibit in comics. It's a hard thing to debate but I just find that Superman is just that bit above Thor.

I should clarify in comparison to Superman Thor is absolutely not trailing in power (far from it). I just think he is just a bit above Thor. This is to say that a fight between them with them both going all out is not a Stomp for Superman. It's just Superman takes more wins than his losses.

1. Surfer

2.Superman
3.Thor

Apologies if this is a bit of a crazy write up or anything.

Great post.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
Great post.

Thanks mate.

One-Punch
Looks like abhi is on his usual crusade to low-ball Surfer. What else is new?

Stoic
This depends entirely on the opponent being fought. It's a three way tie IMO when looked at it under proper circumstances. If Superman or the Surfer battles a creature that was unable to be hit hit anything other than a magical being, or magical weapon they would be in a world of trouble. If Thor fought against a character that required him to be fazed or intangible (in terms of speed) in order to hit it, he would fail miserably, or be placed at a considerable disadvantage.

Blue Area Vet
Sad but true.

It actually makes perfect sense when you consider those other two have been cast in the role of The People's Champ to varying degrees. However, his performance against Messiah Cable was nice.

Blue Area Vet
Honestly which heralds has surfer beaten on raw power? The only one which comes to mind is Morg but the planet exploded because of their combined power. Surfer was more durable but I don't think he could've koed him on his own power.

While Morg straight up koed him and had chance of killing him but spared him.

Then, who else? Hulk straight up walked through his blasts last two times they fought in The Order and SS 125. He has one win over hulk in TTA 93 though. Thor always got better of him. Then who else?

So the one that comes to mind is the only one that might rival his own power and you are knocking it?

zopzop
Originally posted by One-Punch
Looks like abhi is on his usual crusade to low-ball Surfer. What else is new?
He's not though. At least not in this thread.
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
It actually makes perfect sense when you consider those other two have been cast in the role of The People's Champ to varying degrees. However, his performance against Messiah Cable was nice.
It's aggravating really. Surfer is like a mini Cosmic Cube. The sh|t he's pulled with his power cosmic is remarkable : raising the dead, planetary level TP, cosmic awareness, planetary level molecular manipulation, time travel in both directins (forward and backward), planet busting, etc...

Thanos, the king of Marvel's Trans Tier, hasn't even displayed that level of versatility (and many times, not even scale) with his power. It doesn't make sense.

One-Punch
He's not though. At least not in this thread.

Claiming the only herald Surfer has beaten is Morg is the very definition low-balling. Actually it's worse, it's an outright lie.

The Nuul
Supes
Thor
Surfer

SS is a softy and will never live up to his potential. We have seen what Supes and Thor can do.

"Id"
Surfer beat the follwing Heralds
Beta Ray Bill
God like Cable
Nova Prime
Ravenous
Genis Vell

There is more.. A lot more, but he has a big string of victories in this wight class

One-Punch
Originally posted by "Id"
Beta Ray Bill
God like Cable
Nova Prime
Ravenous
Genis Vell

There is more.. A lot more, but he has a big string of victories in this wight class
Here's some more off the top of my head.

- Overpowered Mephisto in his own realm so save Shalla-Bal's soul. Mephisto is supposed to be nigh-omnipotent in his realm.
- Defeated Tenebrous and Aegis, both are Galactus level
- Beat Krosakis, who had Gladiator's power stacked with the Uni-Power
- Beat down classic Abomb who killed Savage Hulk
- Beat down Super Skaar tapping into his whole planet's Old Power
- Beat Red Shift without his board
- Beat Firelord twice
- Beat Uni-Lord
- Beat Durok
- Disintegrates his clone, who was equal to him in power
- Nearly splattered Super Skrulls brains with one punch
- Beat Mrrungo Muu
- Knocked out Savage Hulk with one blast

celeyhyga17
Based off their showings (everything counts here), who is closer to trans tier? Please rate them from Greatest to least greatest.

Thor
Superman
Surfer

Not Hulk.

Blue Area Vet

- Overpowered Mephisto in his own realm so save Shalla-Bal's soul. Mephisto is supposed to be nigh-omnipotent in his realm.
- Defeated Tenebrous and Aegis, both are Galactus level
- Beat Krosakis, who had Gladiator's power stacked with the Uni-Power
- Beat down classic Abomb who killed Savage Hulk
- Beat down Super Skaar tapping into his whole planet's Old Power
- Beat Red Shift without his board
- Beat Firelord twice
- Beat Uni-Lord
- Beat Durok
- Disintegrates his clone, who was equal to him in power
- Nearly splattered Super Skrulls brains with one punch
- Beat Mrrungo Muu
- Knocked out Savage Hulk with one blast

It won't be enough for Abby, that's for sure. Bottom line is he's not cast in a giant killer role, but that isn't a reason to doubt his power. So last in terms of so called "Trans" battles, first in overall ranking IMO.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Not Hulk.

LMAO, I held off on the nut shot only for you to throw a haymaker! Come on, give Carver credit for not including Hulk in the first place!!

krisblaze
Beta Ray Bill
God like Cable
Nova Prime
Ravenous
Genis Vell

Nova was in his weight class?

Not when they fought.

Digi
Technically, as the tiers thread first existed, the high herald tier was one of the few that was bookended specifically by a character. Most tiers were much more nebulous in their upper and lower limits. But Surfer represented the upper limit of the tier. Anyone beyond him was considered Trans. So forum sentiment has shifted slightly since then.

Functionally speaking, though, these three are basically equals. So as to quell the posts of "If Surfer is the upper limit, Superman/Thor are Trans." They are so damn close to being equal that it doesn't really matter if one edges out another. In practice, they collectively represent the top of the tier.

"Id"
Can we change Herald to Superman class?

carver9
Not Hulk.

Hulk doesn't have a tier.

krisblaze

No, because then we'd have to move WW to Trans.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Digi
Technically, as the tiers thread first existed, the high herald tier was one of the few that was bookended specifically by a character. Most tiers were much more nebulous in their upper and lower limits. But Surfer represented the upper limit of the tier. Anyone beyond him was considered Trans. So forum sentiment has shifted slightly since then.

Functionally speaking, though, these three are basically equals. So as to quell the posts of "If Surfer is the upper limit, Superman/Thor are Trans." They are so damn close to being equal that it doesn't really matter if one edges out another. In practice, they collectively represent the top of the tier.

Bingo.

One-Punch
But but a bunch of Superman fans think Superman is above Thanos who's Trans. I think we should be using Superman as the benchmark for Skyfather.

celeyhyga17
LMAO, I held off on the nut shot only for you to throw a haymaker! Come on, give Carver credit for not including Hulk in the first place!!
Carv knows better.

Hulk doesn't have a tier.
Except for the ones in his eyes.

Originally posted by krisblaze
thumb up

laughing out loud

Wondy is DC's Superman stopper. Even in new 52 he's her biatch. stick out tongue

"Hey Clark. Bend down and assume the position. We call this Amazonian style."

-Pr-

What the hell. Just because she has a bit of muscle...

ghostman

i guess iron man is trans since he pushed surfers shit in. twice.

Blue Area Vet
Carv knows better.

big grin big grin big grin

thumb up

laughing out loud

Wondy is DC's Superman stopper. Even in new 52 he's her biatch. stick out tongue

laughing laughing laughing

celeyhyga17
Darkseid should have just made Wondy a fury from the get go. Would have saved himself a whole lot of grief.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ghostman

"Pushed Surfer's shit ?" Hey Abby, how's the weather down there?

celeyhyga17
In the words of the great Carvster...

"DC is lovin Wondy right now!"

nyuk nyuk nyuk..

Sin I AM
Dc is going about Diana all wrong

One-Punch
Originally posted by ghostman
Iron Man's has never pushed Surfer's shit in. The best he could do is accomplish is a double KO via using his own power against him, and this was during the era when Surfer was depowered to a fraction of his original power.

Here's a more recent encounter, where Surfer tanks the combined attack of Iron Man, Wonder Man, Vision, Ms. Marvel, and Wasp after Surfer's energy was disrupted.

http://s3.postimg.org/cqb5sle8v/image.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/5xaswbnfj/image.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/xyoua0spr/image.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/ewa20u733/image.jpg

And the best Iron Man and his team could do is stall Surfer, they couldn't even KO him.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Dc is going about Diana all wrong

No they are not.

ghostman
"Pushed Surfer's shit ?" Hey Abby, how's the weather down there?

hey blue, you have a little something on your chin there. wipe it off son

Mindship
Based off their showings (everything counts here), who is closer to trans tier? So, would that mean who's had the most/highest trans showings? First impressions...

Superman, I think, has the highest outlier feats, whereas Thor beats him on average. Surfer has some intense stuff too, of course, but (afaik) he has never done well against Thanos, Galactus (not as well as Thor), nor has he ever beaten Thor solidly (stalemated, yes, but not outright, on his own power, defeat). Again, this is a general impression (not an expert, am I).

I believe someone once posted that, because DC doesn't have as well developed a cosmic hierarchy as Marvel, that sometimes DC's 'A' listers have to rise to that occasion. Also, the essence of the Superman character is to always "save the day" (even when other DC superheroes fail). Surfer, otoh, is more of a philosophical platform, often tragic (it's why Stan Lee loved him), where his power is not the point.

Generally though, I consider these top 3 more/less equals, and that victory in any fight between them would be circumstance determined.

ShadowFyre
Good match Carver. These are the top three heralds in my oppinion. All of them have hurt universal and in Thor and Supermans case hurt multiversal beings. In answer to your actual question, I must give my nods to the original superhero.

Superman
Thor/Surfer

In who I believe to be thenover all most powerfull due to powersets

Sufer
Thor
Superman

Kryptoniano
Superman. When he's all out, it's really impressive and no other in this list comes close.

abhilegend

By surprising him and not giving him time to use his magic. He admitted that if Mephisto gets time he is toast. Not under his own power. Overloaded him when we don't know his capabilities to store energy as he was already full as per his admission. Not only Abom was weakened after he nearly killed hulk by banner but surfer put him to sleep. And weakened Abom is no Herald. Even Namor has pushed his shit in. Skaar was using oldpower to destroy the planet not actually amping his strength. And Skaar is no Herald. Did he? Or did he trap him into a black hole? Only genuine win. Holy shit, so much context is left for this. Straight up?

laughing out loud No, he didn't. He absorbed his power which was taken from him. He has lost twice to his clones, first by skrull surfer and by cosmic Messiah. Haha, what? Did he now? It was a board attack. But it was also in the same time where Namor could ko him.

One-Punch
Oh look. Abhi low balling every single Surfer fight, right on schedule.

abhilegend
Beta Ray Bill
Suckered him with a board attack and punched him a few times. BRB was not beaten at the end. Burned out Cable. Didn't beat him. Killed his seeker first. And without the seeker, Ravenous would be lucky to be a meta. Legacy? GTFO. Does he?

abhilegend
Oh look. Abhi low balling every single Surfer fight, right on schedule.
LOLWUT?

abhilegend
Carv knows better.

thumb up

laughing out loud

Tell that to Doomsday. Or Wrath.

Not to mention the bitchslap he gives her in their fights.

abhilegend
Iron Man's has never pushed Surfer's shit in. The best he could do is accomplish is a double KO via using his own power against him, and this was during the era when Surfer was depowered to a fraction of his original power.

Here's a more recent encounter, where Surfer tanks the combined attack of Iron Man, Wonder Man, Vision, Ms. Marvel, and Wasp after Surfer's energy was disrupted.

http://s3.postimg.org/cqb5sle8v/image.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/5xaswbnfj/image.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/xyoua0spr/image.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/ewa20u733/image.jpg

And the best Iron Man and his team could do is stall Surfer, they couldn't even KO him.
Well, I guess this never happened?
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15195013_Image1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15195014_radno22nl.jpg

mmm

Sin I AM
No they are not.

of course you'd say that, u only care about feats

-Pr-

They're ****ing up a lot of their characters. I don't know what the hell they've been doing lately.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
They're ****ing up a lot of their characters. I don't know what the hell they've been doing lately.

Maybe it's just me, but some characters seem to get a push just before a movie of them launches.

Magnon
Superman already is above herald so he is disqualified. But no worries, I found another participant to fill the ranks:

1. Thor
2. Silver Surfer
3. Hulk

krisblaze
Abhi's not completely lowballing.

In some of those cases he's providing context, which gets ignored so very often.

Unfortunately a lot of people only have 2 settings

"stomp"

or

"PIS contextual win"

Also some retard voted Hulk. Please die.

One-Punch
By surprising him and not giving him time to use his magic. He admitted that if Mephisto gets time he is toast.
Gave him no time to cast offensive spells. Doesn't mean Mephisto's personal might was weak, given that he was in his own realm. Mephisto himself said he's never felt such raw power, and out of desperation was forced to attack Shalla.

He used his energy manipulation and surfed the cosmic crunch. If Superman was in that situation fighting two Galactus level beings how would he handle it?

Actually Krosakis said the opposite; he said he can handle this much energy and told Surfer he's been doing this since since before Surfer could walk.

Proof when he was ressurrected Abomb was weak? And it was Surfer who was weakened during the fight. He still physically overpowered him before knocking him out with his power cosmic. This was also during the era when Surfer was at a fraction of his power.

You're making stuff up.

Using the Old Power to destroy the planet doesn't automatically stop him from using it to amp himself, the Old Power flows through Skaar's veins and is an artificial Power Cosmic. That's like saying when Surfer blasts, his durability is weakened, which obviously isn't true. And planet busting isn't herald level?

Surfer overpowered him, destroys his swords and blasts him into the black hole. He did this without his Surfer board and after infusing some power into it and giving it to Alicia Masters to get her to safey IIRC.

laughing out loud

According to you only Morg and Firelord count. Actually, you don't even count the Morg fight because you claim Morg knocked himself out with his own energy, which is ridiculous and untrue.

Also there's the time he beat Terrax twice.

He knocked Durok unconscious before time dumping him. This was also a depowered Surfer.

You're mixing up your clones. The first clone was created by Frankenstein and equal to him in power. Both were trying to absorb each other's power and the real Surfer won and absorbed the clone's power to the point of disintegrating him.
http://imgur.com/a/L6aO0#6
http://imgur.com/a/L6aO0#7

http://imgur.com/a/5XJTr#0
http://imgur.com/a/5XJTr#1

He did. Surfer destroyed his power plant (which dwarfed the planet) before beating him, but Mrrungo still had Hulk and Namor's strength which he absorbed earlier, as well as his own personal might.

No it was a cosmic blast.
http://s17.postimg.org/f249oydzf/story_2_page_08.jpg

This was their first meeting and before Surfer was depowered. Namor can KO Hulk with a single attack?

And even if it was a board, why would it not count? The board is part of Surfer.

One-Punch
Suckered him with a board attack and punched him a few times. BRB was not beaten at the end. Burned out Cable. Didn't beat him. Killed his seeker first. And without the seeker, Ravenous would be lucky to be a meta. Legacy? GTFO. Does he?
BRB was bloody and on his knees and beaten. He was at Surfer's mercy. The only reason he was still conscious was because Surfer stopped to show mercy and talk some sense into him. Surfer himself said BRB couldn't match him.

Cable wasn't burned out during their fight, or else he wouldn't be able to do things like hold up providence, fight Surfer and help reconstruct the damage on the fly.

Ravenous isn't a meta. Meta's don't survive point blank planetary explosions.

Legacy was still a herald level. Not high herald, but still herald level.

Well, I guess this never happened?
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15195013_Image1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/15195014_radno22nl.jpg

mmm
A double KO isn't pushing someone's shit in, and like I said, it was during the era when Surfer was depowered to a fraction of his original power.

In the more recent encounter (which I posted) where Surfer isn't depowered, Iron Man and his team couldn't KO Surfer with their combined attack, even after disrupting Surfer's energies.

Insane Titan
Abhi's not completely lowballing.

In some of those cases he's providing context, which gets ignored so very often.

Unfortunately a lot of people only have 2 settings

"stomp"

or

"PIS contextual win"

Also some retard voted Hulk. Please die. This post hits the nail on the head with this forum.

The Nuul

I care about feats too, I mean that I wish that they stop treating Thor like a punching bag/jobber and start putting him back in or near the trans tier again. I want Thor fighting Thanos, attacking Galactus, uber Doom etc...

A properly written Thor is great, and it's long overdue. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Insane Titan
This post hits the nail on the head with this forum.

Seriously? So where's Abby's context when he claimed that Surfer couldn't beat Firelord even though the scans show Surfer had him on the ground trying to reason with him when Firelord landed a sucker blast from the ground?? Abby is the last poster on this board to champion context. Of course he's attempting to lowball and does so daily.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by The Nuul
I care about feats too, I mean that I wish that they stop treating Thor like a punching bag/jobber and start putting him back in or near the trans tier again. I want Thor fighting Thanos, attacking Galactus, uber Doom etc...

A properly written Thor is great, and it's long overdue. thumb up

If they wrote Thor as using half his powers he'd be a herald buster. His storm powers have been ignored for the better part of three decades as has his antiforce blast and transmutatation.

Insane Titan
Seriously? So where's Abby's context when he claimed that Surfer couldn't beat Firelord even though the scans show Surfer had him on the ground trying to reason with him when Firelord landed a sucker blast from the ground?? Abby is the last poster on this board to champion context. Of course he's attempting to lowball and does so daily. Yeah seriously, and I'm not just talking about Abhi. It's the same old constant shit over and over again that spoils every thread.

abhilegend
Gave him no time to cast offensive spells. Doesn't mean Mephisto's personal might was weak, given that he was in his own realm. Mephisto himself said he's never felt such raw power, and out of desperation was forced to attack Shalla. No, he flat out said he would be unable to do anything to him if he gets to use his magic.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578866_SS_v2_001_one-shot_23a.jpg

Thor has overpowered Mephisto in his realm. When Mephisto was actually trying to kill him.

A total non feat for Surfer.

Not nearly dying by four shots? Do you think Superman has never fought any abstracts before or something?

That's simply his bravado talking. Surfer flat out told that the power is more than he could control.

You don't know he was depowered by Bruce after he beat Hulk? And he wasn't resurrected, he was brought from Stranger's ship. He didn't overpower him, he punched him few times and showed some fancy moves. Ah, the overhyped weakened era.

Seriously?

Then you don't know how old power works, do you? He is a geokinetic. Amped on old power he could destroy the planet. Its not strength or something.

Did he now? He had Red Shift from behind and hurled him into the black hole by a blast. He didn't overpower him at any time. Does not possessing his board somehow weakens Surfer? And how does creating a force field weakened him?

No, I didn't say Morg koed himself. I said Surfer and Morg's collective power blew the planet up and Morg was koed. Surfer wasn't.

Ah, terrax the jobber. Quite a feat right there.

He didn't. Time travel koed Durok for some reason. Before that he throughly overpowered surfer. It wasn't. After SS v1 there is not a single evidence that Surfer was weakened. It was also retroactively retconned in Web of Spider Man 5.

I'm talking about the same. It was duplicated by Surfer's own energies. And it was returned to Clay once surfer absorbed his powers back.

And only real surfer tried draining his energies.

http://imgur.com/a/5XJTr#0
http://imgur.com/a/5XJTr#1 He punched and broke some skin and teeth from Super Skrull. Not "nearly splattered his brain." Way to overhype the feat.

Haha, what? Mu's ship dwarfed the planet, not his power plant.

And all his powers were transmitted to him by his power plant. Those he absorbed from Hulk and Namor as well.

It was more directed towards the boulders and it wasn't the only attack surfer landed.

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578739_HulkvsSilverSurfer01TTA092.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578740_HulkvsSilverSurfer02TTA093.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578741_HulkvsSilverSurfer03.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578742_HulkvsSilverSurfer04.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578743_HulkvsSilverSurfer05.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578744_HulkvsSilverSurfer06.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578745_HulkvsSilverSurfer07.jpg

Surfer can?

Because Hulk has several in universe power ups that actually stuck. Unlike surfer.

From his respect thread on Herochat.

Sin I AM

It's an ill conceived attempt to gain the female vote which is retarded. We care about stories not feats. Leave that crap to pre pubescent boys

abhilegend
BRB was bloody and on his knees and beaten. He was at Surfer's mercy. The only reason he was still conscious was because Surfer stopped to show mercy and talk some sense into him. Surfer himself said BRB couldn't match him. Only after Surfer suckered him with a board attack from behind.

Surfer could say anything he want. It doesn't changes anything.

But he was. Do me a favor and read the comic first.

He could survive anything and nobody would give a phuck. Without his seeker he was Xenith's ***** and Ronan oneshotted him.

Like I said, he would be lucky to be a meta level character without his seeker.

Nope, even Mar-Vell who had years of experience with nega bands wasn't a herald.

Legacy has no feats to contend with a low herald. Ronan pushed his shit in.

I never said he pushed his shit in.

And surfer wasn't depowered in that era after SS v1. Keep your facts straight.

You would see that Iron Man didn't ko surfer by repulsor blasts anywhere.

Blue Area Vet
It's an ill conceived attempt to gain the female vote which is retarded. We care about stories not feats. Leave that crap to pre pubescent boys

The thing I don't get is that Marvel already HAS a ton of potent female characters. If they aren't using them correctly, then it doesn't matter how many more they erect. Plus, the chief buyer of comics will always be male.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah seriously, and I'm not just talking about Abhi. It's the same old constant shit over and over again that spoils every thread.

Well, it's not just Abby, but he is BY FAR the worse. Since you've written this post, he's immediately gone on to say that Surfer beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Think he's say that about Superman?

abhilegend
Well, it's not just Abby, but he is BY FAR the worse. Since you've written this post, he's immediately gone on to say that Surfer beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Think he's say that about Superman?
Where did he actually beat Mephisto? Overpowering him in strength is beating him?

facepalm

KuRuPT Thanosi
By surprising him and not giving him time to use his magic. He admitted that if Mephisto gets time he is toast. Not under his own power. Overloaded him when we don't know his capabilities to store energy as he was already full as per his admission. Not only Abom was weakened after he nearly killed hulk by banner but surfer put him to sleep. And weakened Abom is no Herald. Even Namor has pushed his shit in. Skaar was using oldpower to destroy the planet not actually amping his strength. And Skaar is no Herald. Did he? Or did he trap him into a black hole? Only genuine win. Holy shit, so much context is left for this. Straight up?

laughing out loud No, he didn't. He absorbed his power which was taken from him. He has lost twice to his clones, first by skrull surfer and by cosmic Messiah. Haha, what? Did he now? It was a board attack. But it was also in the same time where Namor could ko him.

I know this might be a shock to you, but many of Supeman's wins outside of his tier have context to them. Often times he doesn't punch his way to victory... Often times there is CIS or PIS involved or superman comes up with a plan or a plot device or a new power to win. This is routine. So, does this post mean you are throwing any victory out that doesnt' just involve superman punching or using HV... if that is the case... fine... but it better be across the board if that is the case.

Much of what you're doing here I could go... Well superman won.. but only because he punched him and that got him reeling and then he just kept punching. Figuring out ways to win is figuring out ways to win. Every character is different.. some just steamroll.. other device plans or use their versatility... some do all... Point is, one type of victory isn't better than another

zopzop
If they wrote Thor as using half his powers he'd be a herald buster. His storm powers have been ignored for the better part of three decades as has his antiforce blast and transmutatation.
And if they wrote a half way competent Surfer, he'd be a Trans buster, minimum. Go back in time (which he can do under his own power) and put a power cosmic blast in between Baby Thanos' ears. /fin

Go back in time kidnap Baby Thor and throw him into the fires of Muspel. /fin

celeyhyga17
The lowballing in this thread has reached new heights.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I know this might be a shock to you, but many of Supeman's wins outside of his tier have context to them. Often times he doesn't punch his way to victory... Often times there is CIS or PIS involved or superman comes up with a plan or a plot device or a new power to win. This is routine. So, does this post mean you are throwing any victory out that doesnt' just involve superman punching or using HV... if that is the case... fine... but it better be across the board if that is the case.

No way!!!!!!

Scans or it didn't happen.

What's your point again?

carver9
And if they wrote a half way competent Surfer, he'd be a Trans buster, minimum. Go back in time (which he can do under his own power) and put a power cosmic blast in between Baby Thanos' ears. /fin

Is time manipulation the only way he could best them?

abhilegend

Waverider and Linear Men must be skyfather level then.

mmm

abhilegend
Is tome manipulation the only way he could best them?
Tome manipulation?

eek!

That's just game breaker dude!!!!

zopzop
Is tome manipulation the only way he could best them?
He can encase them in Adamantium, open black holes in their brains, etc.. His matter manipulation abilities sh|t all over Thor's. He's used it more times on panel than Thor has and on a MUCH larger scale.

I actually wonder what would happen if Surfer encased Thanos in a solid adamantium prison. Or opened up a black hole inside his brain.

Blue Area Vet

I agree with all that as well, but you have to take into account that Thor is better overall in combat, plus he has Asgardian magic. Either way, both trump Kal.

carver9
Tome manipulation?

eek!

Lol...Zop knew what I was talking about. Typo.

Blue Area Vet
The lowballing in this thread has reached new heights.

The guy just said beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Can't make this shit up.

Blue Area Vet
Is time manipulation the only way he could best them?

Does it matter?

Blue Area Vet
Tome manipulation?

eek!

Feeling a bit nervous?

DarkSaint85
You guys are all wrong.

What makes a trans tier? Is it powerset? No. For then, Rip Hunter is trans (time manip - he'd kill your fav heralds as they were babies).

Is it powerlevel? No. For then, Wally, the fastest man alive, and Hulk, the strongest Earth based Avenger on average, would be trans.

Let's look at the list:

Notice anything? The majority are villains.

More pertinently, the trans guys all have power - and are willing to use them. It's not only powersets and levels, but also mindsets.

Let's be honest, all three characters here are pretty damn powerful. If any one of them goes berserk/bloodlusted, they'd all be teamwreckers.

So which of the three are most willing to cut loose and use their powers to the full advantage? Thor, with his preference for Mjolnir to face combat? Surfer, with his....well, pussyfest attitude to fighting?

Or Superman?

This is my reason for choosing Supes. HOWEVER, saying that, if all three decided to go berserk, they'd all be trans. Superman just goes all out more often than not = perhaps due to his more limited powerset.

abhilegend
Feeling a bit nervous?
laughing out loud

Dial it down kiddo.

One-Punch
No, he flat out said he would be unable to do anything to him if he gets to use his magic.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/23578866_SS_v2_001_one-shot_23a.jpg

Thor has overpowered Mephisto in his realm. When Mephisto was actually trying to kill him.

A total non feat for Surfer.

In the very same scan Surfer states he's pitting his own power against Mephisto's power.

You ignore the part where Mephisto says he's never felt such naked might, and felt so threatened. You left out the part where Surfer literally forces Mephisto onto his knees, and Mephisto attacks Shalla-Ba out of desperation.

http://i.imgur.com/ZSynuiq.jpg

I'm not surprised you'd dismiss it. You've dismissed 90% of Surfer's feats based on excuses you've pulled out of your arse.

You bring up a good point. Surfer was able to manipulate and surf the crunch energies to kill T&A while in a near-death state. I forgot about that part.

And in response Krosakis flat out denied his lack of control, and told Surfer he has been controlling energy long before Surfer was old enough polish himself. And control of energy is different from capacity, you realize that right? And good job ignoring what Krosakis himself has said. I think he knows his own limits more so than Surfer.

Prove that he was weakened when he fought Surfer. Surfer punched Abomb into submission, physically forced him onto his knees before KOing him with is cosmic power.

You bring up context of Superman being depowered any chance you get, yet you dismiss and ignore instances when Surfer is depowered? I'm getting really tired of your double-standards.

I don't get how you can get away with blatantly lying like this. The Old Power isn't just geokenetics. It allows it's users to amp their strength and durability.

Caiera used it to amp herself physically against Hulk:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsCaiera02.jpg.html
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsCaiera03.jpg

And Skaar used it to amp himself physically against Juggernaut:
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2691751
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2691752

Can't say I'm surprised that you would lie about how the Old Power works in order to dismiss Surfer's feat.

Surfer physically grappled Red Shift, forcefully destroyed his swords, and blasted him away. He did all of this while at a disadvantage without his board, and a portion of his power dedicated to protect Alicia.

The planet and moon being destroyed was a byproduct of Surfer and Morg blasting each other. Clearly Surfer's blast overpowered Morg's and knocked him out.

Nice low ball.

Yes he did. They were physically fighting each other while travelling in time. When they emerged Durok was KO'd and Surfer was weary. Surfer has time traveled with people dozens of times, including with humans. It has never shown to have any negative effects.

It was referenced multiple times in Fantastic Four and at the beginning of SS vol 1 to remind readers that Surfer was depowered.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QRZEhmBZigU/UDNoNI4nZCI/AAAAAAAAAcc/AKWXNNGoLXI/s1600/5.jpg

You bring up Superman being weaker any chance you get, and flat out ignore when Surfer's weakened?

And since when was it retconned? Another blatant lie of course. The last time you tried to claim the depowerement was retconned you posted a scan of Surfer having tea, saying he doesn't need food to nourish him. laughing out loud

Did you not see the scans? It was stated like 8 times the clone was equal to Surfer in every way. Reverted to clay? He was turned into black ashes as shown in the scans I posted. Go re-read it.

No, they were both trying to drain each other. That's why the clone was shocked when he was losing and kept yelling "but we're equals!" You'll make up any excuse to dismiss a feat eh?

You obviously didn't read it fully. Did you see the part where there's pink gooey flesh where his skull was? Surfer said he "broke his bones" and "taxed his powers to the very limits" and "could crush his skull like an eggshell with a thought." He completely stomped and humiliated Super Skrull and purposely toyed with him the entire fight in front of Super Skrull's team.

Are you going to ignore that part too?

Make sure to put on your glasses for this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38919/912385-enslaver_main_ship.jpg

^ A single one of Mu's ship modules dwarfed Earth. His ship is made of at least 8-10 of these modules, and the power plant was located inside one of the modules.

Surfer easily destroys a portion of the ship to blow up the power plant.
http://i.imgur.com/HTuXrL5.jpg

No he didn't. He specifically stored Hulk and Namor's power in his body, as stated on panel:
http://s15.postimg.org/as2a3rjzr/912365_mrrungo_mu_vs_hulk_and_namor.jpg

The explosion knocked him out. You're right, one board smack, one electricity zap, and a cosmic bolt. Taking out Hulk with 3 attacks, and without depowering him, is still pretty good. In the scans, it also says Hulk's strongest attack did no harm to Surfer.

He did depower Hulk with one attack.

celeyhyga17
My eyes are burning from the most ridiculous lowball attempts ever known to grace these boards. Wow..

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You guys are all wrong.

What makes a trans tier? Is it powerset? No. For then, Rip Hunter is trans (time manip - he'd kill your fav heralds as they were babies).

Is it powerlevel? No. For then, Wally, the fastest man alive, and Hulk, the strongest Earth based Avenger on average, would be trans.

Let's look at the list:

More pertinently, the trans guys all have power - and are willing to use them. It's not only powersets and levels, but also mindsets.

Let's be honest, all three characters here are pretty damn powerful. If any one of them goes berserk/bloodlusted, they'd all be teamwreckers.

So which of the three are most willing to cut loose and use their powers to the full advantage? Thor, with his preference for Mjolnir to face combat? Surfer, with his....well, pussyfest attitude to fighting?

Or Superman?

This is my reason for choosing Supes. HOWEVER, saying that, if all three decided to go berserk, they'd all be trans. Superman just goes all out more often than not = perhaps due to his more limited powerset.

Good post.

Blue Area Vet
You guys are all wrong.

Let's look at the list:

Or Superman?

Or due to D.C. brand of story telling.

Blue Area Vet
In the very same scan Surfer states he's pitting his own power against Mephisto's power.

You ignore the part where Mephisto says he's never felt such naked might, and felt so threatened. You left out the part where Surfer literally forces Mephisto onto his knees, and Mephisto attacks Shalla-Ba out of desperation.

http://i.imgur.com/ZSynuiq.jpg

I'm not surprised you'd dismiss it. You've dismissed 90% of Surfer's feats based on excuses you've pulled out of your arse.

You bring up a good point. Surfer was able to manipulate and surf the crunch energies to kill T&A while in a near-death state. I forgot about that part.

And in response Krosakis flat out denied his lack of control, and told Surfer he has been controlling energy long before Surfer was old enough polish himself. And control of energy is different from capacity, you realize that right? And good job ignoring what Krosakis himself has said. I think he knows his own limits more so than Surfer.

Prove that he was weakened when he fought Surfer. Surfer punched Abomb into submission, physically forced him onto his knees before KOing him with is cosmic power.

You bring up context of Superman being depowered any chance you get, yet you dismiss and ignore instances when Surfer is depowered? I'm getting really tired of your double-standards.

I don't get how you can get away with blatantly lying like this. The Old Power isn't just geokenetics. It allows it's users to amp their strength and durability.

Caiera used it to amp herself physically against Hulk:
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsCaiera02.jpg.html
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsCaiera03.jpg

And Skaar used it to amp himself physically against Juggernaut:
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2691751
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2691752

Can't say I'm surprised that you would lie about how the Old Power works in order to dismiss Surfer's feat.

Surfer physically grappled Red Shift, forcefully destroyed his swords, and blasted him away. He did all of this while at a disadvantage without his board, and a portion of his power dedicated to protect Alicia.

The planet and moon being destroyed was a byproduct of Surfer and Morg blasting each other. Clearly Surfer's blast overpowered Morg's and knocked him out.

Nice low ball.

Yes he did. They were physically fighting each other while travelling in time. When they emerged Durok was KO'd and Surfer was weary. Surfer has time traveled with people dozens of times, including with humans. It has never shown to have any negative effects.

It was referenced multiple times in Fantastic Four and at the beginning of SS vol 1 to remind readers that Surfer was depowered.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QRZEhmBZigU/UDNoNI4nZCI/AAAAAAAAAcc/AKWXNNGoLXI/s1600/5.jpg

You bring up Superman being weaker any chance you get, and flat out ignore when Surfer's weakened?

And since when was it retconned? Another blatant lie of course. The last time you tried to claim the depowerement was retconned you posted a scan of Surfer having tea, saying he doesn't need food to nourish him. laughing out loud

Did you not see the scans? It was stated like 8 times the clone was equal to Surfer in every way. Reverted to clay? He was turned into black ashes as shown in the scans I posted. Go re-read it.

No, they were both trying to drain each other. That's why the clone was shocked when he was losing and kept yelling "but we're equals!" You'll make up any excuse to dismiss a feat eh?

You obviously didn't read it fully. Did you see the part where there's pink gooey flesh where his skull was? Surfer said he "broke his bones" and "taxed his powers to the very limits" and "could crush his skull like an eggshell with a thought." He completely stomped and humiliated Super Skrull and purposely toyed with him the entire fight in front of Super Skrull's team.

Are you going to ignore that part too?

Make sure to put on your glasses for this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/38919/912385-enslaver_main_ship.jpg

^ A single one of Mu's ship modules dwarfed Earth. His ship is made of at least 8-10 of these modules, and the power plant was located inside one of the modules.

Surfer easily destroys a portion of the ship to blow up the power plant.
http://i.imgur.com/HTuXrL5.jpg

No he didn't. He specifically stored Hulk and Namor's power in his body, as stated on panel:
http://s15.postimg.org/as2a3rjzr/912365_mrrungo_mu_vs_hulk_and_namor.jpg

The explosion knocked him out. You're right, one board smack, one electricity zap, and a cosmic bolt. Taking out Hulk with 3 attacks, and without depowering him, is still pretty good. In the scans, it also says Hulk's strongest attack did no harm to Surfer.

He did depower Hulk with one attack.

Damn, that's one thorough ass kicking. Got any more lies, Abby?

One-Punch

Believe it or not, Surfer has actually gone back in time, preventing an event from happening, in order to cause a villain in the future to cease to exist.

He did it to the Ultimate Conqueror, who had conquered and destroyed the future 616 universe.

Insane Titan
Well, it's not just Abby, but he is BY FAR the worse. Since you've written this post, he's immediately gone on to say that Surfer beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Think he's say that about Superman? I could name at least 5 other poster that do the same or are worse.

Surfer didn't beat Meph in his realm though.

No poster says that about the character they champion, but that is beside my initial point.

abhilegend
In the very same scan Surfer states he's pitting his own power against Mephisto's power. Does he? Or is he using surprise to overpower him when he admits that Mephisto's magic is more powerful than him.

And you ignore the fact that Surfer freely admit that it was a surprise attack which he pulled out before Mephisto could use his magic. But here is a gift for you.

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/23579617_Defenders_100-25.jpg

Mephisto flat out tells surfer that all the previous times he thought he beat Mephisto, they were just illusions of defeat. In case you wonder, that's after SS v2 1.

Yeah, right. Don't want me pulling out context for you? Don't post out of context claims.

And died. Good point.

So you take words from a villain and a totally new character with no backstory but not from Surfer? Some fan you are. Does he? Then why did he even attempt to absorb surfer?

http://www.mynetimages.com/2f6f9eb6ca_ga.jpg
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/0d14c105e4

And in this instance it stayed that way.

I don't start posting Superman getting his strength halved by a sand monster in Superman special 1 1992 and never getting it back to inform you that Superman after that is always depowered? When I say superman is depowered, its from same arc or comic. Not from some comic 10 years ago.

It allows the users to amp their strength, when they channel it to do so. In case of Skaar he was using it to destroy the planet, not amp his strength.

And still got manhandled like a child. But that's not useful for surfer anyway because its not actually destroying the planet via strength or energy attacks. Even a minor geokinetic like Sandy Hawkins has pulled earth together.

When you can actually have a point, you can talk to me about it. At this point you're just crying over context.

He never overpowered Red Shift, he grappled with him and Red Shift points out he is as strong as him.

But he overpowered him and beat him, right?

But it wasn't surfer's own power that did all the damage. Morg on the other hand koed Surfer clean.

What? Calling terrax a jobber is now a lowball? Next you'll be saying beating Kalibak or Ronan is a feat.

Dude, are you ****ing serious with this?

Surfer was getting ****ed by Durok untill he traveled in time and Durok was koed by the strain.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111099/2987807-thor193-27.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111099/2987808-thor193-28.jpg

Those are all the pages from the time travel. But somehow Surfer koed him off panel where he failed previously? GTFO.

It did with Durok. Unless surfer somehow beat him off panel while getting torn apart by space time.

Yes, he was depowered in SS v1. After that, it wasn't mentioned once. Heck, it was flat out retconned later.

I admit he was weaker in v1. After that, nope. You can't just use that to willy nilly 25 years of comics.

Myth: Silver Surfer got a permanent power down when he was drained by Sonic Shark as shown here in Fantastic Four 72.

http://postimg.org/image/6vkre7ajr/
http://postimg.org/image/vxx5zh4tt/

But according to that scan surfer was almost powerless after Sonic Shark drained him, here surfer may or may not allude to the same scene.

http://i.imgur.com/1U7f4b3.jpg

But how then he later appeared as powerful as ever? It was retconned years later in Webspinners: Tales of Spider-Man 5 that surfer was attacked again by the same sonic shark device again which had drained his powers before and this time he absorbed all its power which would include the stolen power from surfer.

http://i.imgur.com/fTIZsMb.jpg

It happened just after SS 18 when surfer fought inhumans BTW.

http://i.imgur.com/RScydNw.jpg

Here is the confirmation that this is the same Sonic Shark which was used on surfer back in FF 72.

http://i.imgur.com/W9aVCol.jpg

That's the official retcon of the event AFAIK and Surfer was never depowered after SS 18 and the next he appeared.

Myth Busted.

Because he was duplicated by Surfer's own power which was reduced. And it was turned to clay since the power animating it was absorbed back by surfer.

And even that clone oneshotted Surfer at first.

"We're equals" somehow translates to "I'm draining you bro but your draining is better."

SMH.

Oh you mean what Surfer said instead of what he actually did? Where did he actually "nearly splattered his brain" instead of y'know breaking part of his face? No, why would I? Bloodlusted silver surfer humiliating SS is something noteworthy?

Holy shit, you're really desperate if you think that's impressive.

Which was pierced by Surfer's blast and nothing else? But what does it being huge means anyway?
And? I know surfer can destroy planets already in terms of space cheese. You don't need to impress me on that front.

Are you for real? Mu's entire energy absorption trick happened via his power module. I mean have you even read the comic or I need to post the entire comic here?

Sure, that works too. Against a far weaker hulk. Hulk was weaker in those days. He got beat up by military forces FFS.

Means jackshit. Savage hulk had shit energy draining resistance those days.

abhilegend
My eyes are burning from the most ridiculous lowball attempts ever known to grace these boards. Wow..

Damn, that's one thorough ass kicking. Got any more lies, Abby?
laughing out loud

Look, cheerleaders.

Blue Area Vet
Believe it or not, Surfer has actually gone back in time, preventing an event from happening, in order to cause a villain in the future to cease to exist.

He did it to the Ultimate Conqueror, who had conquered and destroyed the future 616 universe.

So for the record, you are saying this is a cannon event?

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

Look, cheerleaders.

A call for Justice over Injustice. As far as cheerleaders, you have one on the board who wants to "push our shit in" for questioning you. laughing out loud

Oh, and by the way, Thor's Warrios Madness increased his strength ten-fold, so Surfer getting KOed by the strength of ten Thors at the same time is understandable.

Blue Area Vet
This post hits the nail on the head with this forum.

After reading his exchange with One Punch, how can you honestly say that Abby has not been lowballing and flat out lying with regard to Surfer? The proof is right here, line by line.

carver9
After reading his exchange with One Punch, how can you honestly say that Abby has not been lowballing and flat out lying with regard to Surfer? The proof is right here, line by line.

Lol...I don't think his post have anything to do with Surfer and probably not Abhi either. I just thinks he wants to call out names, and it's probably people he does not like. You just haven't said the right words yet for him to name these so called people that does the same things. Pointless asking him this question since his main purpose of even replying to said post is to bash a couple of individuals.

Blue Area Vet
Lol...I don't think his post have anything to do with Surfer and probably not Abhi either. I just thinks he wants to call out names, and it's probably people he does not like. You just haven't said the right words yet for him to name these so called people that does the same things. Pointless asking him this question since his main purpose of even replying to said post is to bash a couple of individuals.

Well he claims this stuff bothers him, the act not the people. Hopefully he's telling the truth because no one does this shit more than that Abster.

MF DELPH
Question:

Are we only accounting for these characters as independent power/under their own power, or are we accounting for amping like Superman sun-dipping or Thor going 'Warrior Madness'?

carver9
No amping.

The Nuul
Carv, does this include current DCnU Superman? isn't he depowered, can't fly etc...

carver9
Naah, this is Post Superman. Don't think DCNU Supes is ready for something like this.

Mindship
You guys are all wrong.

Let's look at the list:

Or Superman?

This is my reason for choosing Supes. HOWEVER, saying that, if all three decided to go berserk, they'd all be trans. Superman just goes all out more often than not = perhaps due to his more limited powerset. Intriguingly phrased.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindship
Intriguingly phrased.

Surfer is famed for being a pacifist. When he gets down and dirty, though, he's trans.

Thor does not use most of his powers. Preferring to smack people down with his hammer. When he starts using other powers though? He's trans.

Superman also holds back. Cardboard world and all that. When he lets loose? Trans.

So which of those three most commonly breaks free from their usual mindsets? That's what elevates them to the trans tier.

We can see it in the arguments people always use on these boards.

'Surfer duplicate himself, with one clone opening a black hole in his brain, whilst the board hits him in the back at million times the speed of C. Meanwhile, another clone sucks his soul up, and another time travels and kills him as a baby. Yet another devolves him to plasma goo.'

'Thor calls down the power of a million hurricanes and a billion storms, and fires a Godblast whilst transmuting his enemy into glass, then shatters him'.

'Superman goes intangible, then speedblitzes whilst HVing with Big Bang-level power, and whistling him out of existence'.

If we then had a scan war, which character would have the most examples? Yes, Superman has more comics - but he doesn't do that in the majority of his showings. That's why, for me, he would be closest - because he has shown the most willingness to cut loose.

Insane Titan
After reading his exchange with One Punch, how can you honestly say that Abby has not been lowballing and flat out lying with regard to Surfer? The proof is right here, line by line. I didn't say he was or wasn't, that's not the main point I actually replied to Kris post about. Pull your head out your ass and listen. FFS you're acting like he's the only one whilst others who are cheerleading do exactly the same. Why don't you notice that?

Sin I AM
Itd be simpler to agree that all are relatively interchangeable

-Pr-

Even outside of feats, the plotlines and characterisations have been atrocious.

The Nuul
Pr and Sin are going to make Super Pr babies together that will be at least trans tier.

Good job buddy thumb up

One-Punch
Does he? Or is he using surprise to overpower him when he admits that Mephisto's magic is more powerful than him.
Mephisto's spells are very powerful, I don't blame Surfer for overpowering Mephisto before he can cast any. It doesn't change the fact that Surfer pitted his power against Mephisto's power and was winning, as stated and shown on panel.

And? Where do you think Mephisto gets the power to cast his spells? His personal might obviously, which is virtually endless while in his realm.

laughing out loud

It says no such thing. Did you read your own scan?

In the scan Mephisto says he considers himself the victor because he has always left Surfer "weary of spirit--tortured of soul." In other words, Mephisto considers himself the winner of their previous encounters because he's always left Surfer with "sad feelings." It says nothing about past fights being illusions.

Tip: read your scans before posting them.

You're not pulling out context. You're literally make shit up, calling it "context" and using it dismiss a feat.

You mean died taking down two Galactus level beings. Not bad for a herald.

First let's get one thing straight. You initially claimed Surfer said Krosakis was at capacity which is false. Surfer commented on Krosakis not being able to control this power. Capacity and control are different things, so your original claim is moot now.

Second, you ignore Krosakis rejecting Surfer's comments, saying he has more experience controlling energy than Surfer. You dismiss this based on Krosakis being a new character? That's a pretty dumb argument.

Surfer was only depowered during the time he was trapped on Earth, which wasn't that long. Surfer's depowerement and Surfer's fight with Abomination didn't happen 10 years apart, it happened within the same volume (e.g., SS Vol 1 #2 and #12), where at the beginning of the volume Surfer blatantly references his depowerement.

You're flip-flopping all over the place. First you said Old Power didn't amp strength, and now you're saying it does.

To make things worse after your flip-flop, now you're blatantly lying by saying that an Old Power users can't multitask? Skaar is clearly amping himself, while using his geokenetics in the scans I posted.

And did you forget how the spirit of Caiera used her planet's Old Power to disguise herself as Hulk (made of the planet's dirt and rocks) and fight Skaar and Surfer. It demonstrates geokenetics and strength/durability amping, all at the same time.

http://s15.postimg.org/qe5nhogzb/Skaar_9_017.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/8ybhfzi0n/Skaar_9_020.jpghttp://s15.postimg.org/ik51wa96f/Skaar_9_021.jpg

So, how are you going to flip-flop your way out of this one?

They were grappling each other, both trying to escape from the black hole. Obviously one has to overpower the other to escape.

Red Shift says he's as strong as Surfer, and told Surfer he wouldn't wrest his sword from him. Surfer does just that; he overpowers Red Shift via omniblast, and destroys his sword in the process.

https://readrant.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/red-shift-losing.jpg

He beats Red Shift without his board, and after lending power to Alicia. In fact, Alicia and Surfer even question whether Surfer has enough energy left to beat Red Shift:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GalactusTheDevourer2-14.jpg

"Will you have enough left to fight that monster?"

Are you going to be a hypocrite and ignore this too? We all know if Superman was weakened you would be all over it.

Yes it was. Unless you're saying Morg's own energies helped knock himself out. This is pretty damn ridiculous. I've never heard of a herald knocking himself out blasting another character. Again, this is just you reaching for any excuse to dismiss a feat, no matter how outlandish.

laughing out loud

Like I said, Surfer has time traveled dozens of times with many people, and it has never strained anyone, not even humans. We see Surfer and Durok physically grappling before the time travel. After the time travel we see Durok knocked out. It's doesn't take a rocket science to put two-and-two together.

Prove that Surfer time traveling strains people. He's done it dozens of times with people and it never strained anyone.

confused

Firstly, you realize the original Sonic Shark that drained Surfer's power EXPLODED right? In fact, the missile is designed to use Surfer's energy and blow up.
http://postimg.org/image/6vkre7ajr

Nick Fury doesn't say it was the original missile, he says it was originally used to drain Surfer. It's not the same missile that contains Surfer's energies, that was blown up in the scan above. It's just the same model. Surfer simply disabled it by draining it's energy.

Secondly, I never claimed Surfer was depowered for 25 years. He was only depowered during the time he was trapped on Earth, which wasn't that long. It only encompasses SS Volume 1, some Fantastic Four appearances, Defender appearances, and Avengers appearances.

Surfer reduced the clone to ashes:
http://imgur.com/a/L6aO0#7

His clone's clay form:
http://postimg.org/image/wv28586zj/

If you can't tell the difference, you need glasses.

The clone didn't one-shot him. He was up the next page, and Surfer power was also low when the clone first came to life since Surfer did provide the clone his power.

Did you miss the part where Surfer's clone said he was trying to kill Surfer? Like multiple times? You think his clone was holding Surfer's hand for fun?

By all means, keep creating excuses.

When you're not making excuses to dismiss a feat, you're shit-talking it. Stay classy abhi.

Which was pierced by Surfer's blast and nothing else? But what does it being huge means anyway?
And? I know surfer can destroy planets already in terms of space cheese. You don't need to impress me on that front.

Are you ignoring the panel where Mu says he absorbed Hulk and Namor's strength specifically into his own body? In fact he tries to absorb Surfer's power into his body but fails. And Mu has never transferred the power he absorbs to his power plant. He has machines to do that for him.

But by all means, continue to ignore on-panel proof, and just make stuff up.

laughing out loud

Really? You're going to start low-balling Hulk in order to low-ball Surfer?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Nuul
Pr and Sin are going to make Super Pr babies together that will be at least trans tier.

Good job buddy thumb up

The hate and vitriol in this thread is a powerful aphrodisuac to them.

Abhi and BAV alone are already responsible for triplets.

One-Punch
So for the record, you are saying this is a cannon event?

Yeah it's totally canon. It happened in SS Vol 1 #6:

Over Lord's origins. A freak accident gave him his powers, which he then used to conquer the universe.

http://s27.postimg.org/ujecw15un/FM_1980_006_28.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/ewn3ins2n/FM_1980_006_29.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/w0zt7lalb/FM_1980_006_30.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/6tox7c7hb/FM_1980_006_31.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/9233ooelb/FM_1980_006_32.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/bi4x2iwnz/FM_1980_006_33.jpg

Surfer travels back in time to the moment of the accident. He prevents it from happening, thus ensuring the Over Lord is never born. You see Over Lord fade away in that future timeline:

http://s28.postimg.org/ymjfxhmi1/FM_1980_006_36.jpghttp://s28.postimg.org/jf3gd4und/FM_1980_006_37_END.jpg

Blue Area Vet
I didn't say he was or wasn't, that's not the main point I actually replied to Kris post about. Pull your head out your ass and listen. FFS you're acting like he's the only one whilst others who are cheerleading do exactly the same. Why don't you notice that?

If my head was somehow in my ass I doubt I could see Abby lies and lowballing. Since you cant, there's a decent chance your head is in a stinky crevice. One Punch isn't doing a bit if cheerleading, he's too busy winning.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah it's totally canon. It happened in SS Vol 1 #6:

Over Lord's origins. A freak accident gave him his powers, which he then used to conquer the universe.

http://s27.postimg.org/ujecw15un/FM_1980_006_28.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/ewn3ins2n/FM_1980_006_29.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/w0zt7lalb/FM_1980_006_30.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/6tox7c7hb/FM_1980_006_31.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/9233ooelb/FM_1980_006_32.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/bi4x2iwnz/FM_1980_006_33.jpg

Surfer travels back in time to the moment of the accident. He prevents it from happening, thus ensuring the Over Lord is never born. You see Over Lord fade away in that future timeline:

http://s28.postimg.org/ymjfxhmi1/FM_1980_006_36.jpghttp://s28.postimg.org/jf3gd4und/FM_1980_006_37_END.jpg

Hey One Punch,can you think of a reason why surfer couldnt pull this off?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/siphonenergy.jpg

abhilegend
Mephisto's spells are very powerful, I don't blame Surfer for overpowering Mephisto before he can cast any. It doesn't change the fact that Surfer pitted his power against Mephisto's power and was winning, as stated and shown on panel. No, he pitted his strength against Mephisto's strength and overpowered him without his magic to amp him.

Find me a mephisto showing where he goes without using magic and we can talk after that.

His strength has never been impressive.

Are you blind or something? Mephisto flat out said that the victories Surfer has had in past were illusions and his views on the reality is distorted.

That he is left with a weary soul is just for emphasis.

Nope.

He was already dying before that. The fact that he splashed them in crunch energies is just a plot device.

I claimed that Krosakis' limits are unknown and he was overpowered by combined power of Gladiator, Unipower and surfer's power. And Surfer already said that the power of Unipower and Gladiator was more than he could control already.

Using this for Surfer's feat is disingenuous to say the least.

Well, I wouldn't say this being a new character. Just using characters' statements as proof without any information on them? That's dumb.

I already said Surfer was depowered in SS v1. WTF are you talking about?

I said it amps strength when channeled. Skaar wasn't amping his strength. He was destroying the planet.

laughing out loud

What? Where in those scans is he amping? He is using his oldpower to amp up the strike against Juggernaut. Against surfer he is using it to destroy the planet.

Caiera is more experienced than Skaar. She also oneshotted Surfer.

Why don't you post Caiera oneshotting Surfer?

facepalm

Haha, what? Surfer had Red Shift from behind in a lock and hurled him into black hole by a blast.

Are you blind or something?

He hurled him into the black hole by a blast. Not overpowered him. Hard to block a blast when its done from behind. And he didn't destroy his sword. He just wrenched it from his hand.

Surfer contradicts her in the very same page. And he didn't beat Red Shift by raw power, he threw him in a black hole and escaped himself.

"I'm not human."

Superman doesn't gets weakened stated by Lois or something.

And why not? Fallen one koed himself that way. Unlike Fallen One?

Because he protects them. That time travel koed Durok? Yes, it doesn't takes that much thought. Why didn't surfer used this awesome power in the present when Durok pushed his shit in?

It did with Durok. There you go.

abhilegend
Apparently not. The retcon makes it clear that this is the same sonic shark.

And its being used again. There were not two sonic sharks. Nick Fury flat out said it was the same sonic shark.

erm

It was for 25 years in real life. No, it doesn't. It only apples to SS v1. Its the only time its referenced.

He was never stated to be reduced to ashes. Surfer merely says "Who was once nothing is again nothing." Where is he stated to be turned into ashes?

If you can't even read scans, its not my problem.

Was he?

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/23587956_SS07_15a.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/23587957_SS07_15b.jpg

Looks like a oneshot to me.

I already said he was weakened and all surfer did was take his powers back from the clone.

So no arguments for the clone draining Surfer. And Surfer was holding him by his hands.

Like what?

Pardon me, since when punching Super Skrull was impressive?

Which was in fact being transferred to his module as revealed in the comic. Well that's a flat out lie. But don't worry, I'm used to it it from you by now.

That's your job, like "clone draining surfer".

Hulk has got several power ups from that point. Do you really want to compare Hulk of that time to today's Hulk?

abhilegend
Hey One Punch,can you think of a reason why surfer couldnt pull this off?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/siphonenergy.jpg
Yes, surfer isn't powered by imp magic.

Insane Titan
If my head was somehow in my ass I doubt I could see Abby lies and lowballing. Since you cant, there's a decent chance your head is in a stinky crevice. One Punch isn't doing a bit if cheerleading, he's too busy winning. So again you miss the actual point, good job there thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Yes, surfer isn't powered by imp magic.

And neither is Triumph. And even if he was, there is nothing on panel indicating that the imp power is affecting Superman. Give it up.

Blue Area Vet
double post

abhilegend
And neither is Triumph. And even if he was, there is nothing on panel indicating that the imp power is affecting Superman. Give it up.
Oh, and why not? Do I need to draw a picture of magical energy affecting Superman to get your approval.

And Triumph was amped heavily. He oneshotted Hourman with worloggog and was pretty explicitly equal to Superman in strength and speed in that arc.

Before that he was explicitly weaker to the point Martian Manhunter kicked his ass in h2h.

And nobody needs your approval, y'know.

Blue Area Vet
Oh, and why not? Do I need to draw a picture of magical energy affecting Superman to get your approval.

And Triumph was amped heavily. He oneshotted Hourman with worloggog and was pretty explicitly equal to Superman in strength and speed in that arc.

Before that he was explicitly weaker to the point Martian Manhunter kicked his ass in h2h.

And nobody needs your approval, y'know.

Approval? No son, it's on you to back up claims that you make. You were contending that Triumph was magically powered, not that he was amped, which of course is moving the goalposts (You getting this, Pr?) I guess you are finally admitting that he wasn't magically powered. Thanks for the concession. By the way, genius, stop misusing the word "explicitly."

abhilegend
Approval? No son, it's on you to back up claims that you make. You were contending that Triumph was magically powered, not that he was amped. I guess you are finally admitting that he wasn't magically powered. Thanks for the concession. By the way, genius, stop misusing the word "explicitly."

Haha, what? I already posted scans for it. If you can't accept it and are just going to deny everything, it's not my problem.

And yes, Triumph was magically powered since he was powered up by an imp. Anything you want to add?

h1a8
Claiming the only herald Surfer has beaten is Morg is the very definition low-balling. Actually it's worse, it's an outright lie. He said beaten on raw power. Which means simply overpowered in a direct confrontation. But Surfer could have beaten others as well.

Blue Area Vet
Haha, what? I already posted scans for it. If you can't accept it and are just going to deny everything, it's not my problem.

And yes, Triumph was magically powered since he was powered up by an imp. Anything you want to add?

Yes, and your scans prove you wrong and everyone beside Rao agrees with me. It's sad to witness this level of denial by anyone. He was not powered up, that's an interference on your part. He used his own power to drain Superman and Superman said nothing about being vulnerable to a magical presence. It's just not there. So until you can provide proof, you can stop lying.

-Pr-
Take the Triumph argument back to the Superman v Surfer thread. Really don't need that shit spilling over in to here.

Knife
Take the Triumph argument back to the Superman v Surfer thread. Really don't need that shit spilling over in to here.

Lots of the threads in this forum make me want to poke pencils in my eyes.

abhilegend
Yes, and your scans prove you wrong and everyone beside Rao agrees with me. It's sad to witness this level of denial by anyone. He was not powered up, that's an interference on your part. He used his own power to drain Superman and Superman said nothing about being vulnerable to a magical presence. It's just not there. So until you can provide proof, you can stop lying. Originally posted by -Pr-
uhuh

ODG

Thor
Superman
Surfer

Please explain your answer. Thor. He's achieved trans-level, Skyfather and even Abstract-level feats with Mjolnir.

Absorbing Gorr's Godbomb detonation (after it's exploded) that's killing every single god in the future, the present and the past??? wat

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/bununs/gifs/wat.gif~original

long pig
Dr. Strange has more than tier feats than all of them.

Diesldude
Thor

Only because superman is way above. smile

carver9
Bump

h1a8

Thor
Superman
Surfer

Superman. He's the strongest, has the greatest potential (due to speed and sundipping), and has the most powerful blasts.

Surfer is 2nd due to speed and ability to create black holes.

Thor is 3rd since he has the power but lacks the speed and intelligence (he chooses to fight like a warrior and brawls alot).

Now, with CIS off characters then
Surfer is the most powerful of the 3 then Superman then Thor.

Genii96
Wow, H1 actually agreeing surfer is more powerful?

leonidas
talking about who ss beat--don't forget how he humiliated maestro not long ago. i found that pretty damn impressive....

One_Angry_Scot
Nice sig leo.

leonidas
thanks. smile i'm not much of a sig guy. i keep it simple but thought that pretty much summed up vader, whom i love. the new star wars stuff has been fantastic imo. thumb up

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by leonidas
thanks. smile i'm not much of a sig guy. i keep it simple but thought that pretty much summed up vader, whom i love. the new star wars stuff has been fantastic imo. thumb up

Definitely, the art is really good especially.

Digi
I feel like my earlier answer still holds up pretty well.

Originally posted by Digi

Anyone trying to actually pick one is splitting hairs. We tend to despise ambiguity in favor of polarization, but sometimes a shrug is the best answer.

TheHulk
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Surfer

1. Surfer

2.Superman
3.Thor

Apologies if this is a bit of a crazy write up or anything. Basically this

Blue Area Vet
This it not a "versus" thread, Darksaint.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.