Movies you want, but probably won't get

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So this is just a little thread I made after having a discussion with a friend earlier today. Now there are a lot of movies we want to happen, or movies that studios say will be happening, but then they never pan out.

One that I would be really excited for, but now looks like it has completely fallen by the wayside, was Justice League Dark. Mentions of it first appeared over 2 years ago and Guillermo Del Toro apparently even finished a script for it, but no dates were ever announced, despite the major DC film push, and now Del Toro has dropped the project to focus on things like Pacific Rim 2. So highly unlikely we will see this happening, at least not in the next couple of years. I'd personally love the likes of Zatanna, Swamp Thing etc. to appear on the big screen, and I would love a proper film adaptation to Constantine. Not some half-assed Reeves film, or the PIS-plagued NBC character.

So which films did you really want to see, or heard announcements and rumors about, only for it to seemingly fall through?

Quincy
Dark Tower

Adam Grimes
A true Hellblazer, R rated movie starring Matt Ryan.

Marvel Zombies.

Quincy
I'd be down for some straight up legit Hellblazer ^

Impediment
DC's Kingdom Come
Batman: No Man's Land
The Last Unicorn
Maus

Flyattractor
Dredd 2.

Etrigan the Demon
Lobo (although I might wish that one NOT to happen)

Based
Any type of movie that uses the technology Blur Studios has.

Quincy
Give me some hard noir Question movie while we're at it.

And a Netflix Series adapting Morning Glories

And a trilogy based on The Sword.

Impediment
Hitman by Garth Ennis and John McCrea. Oh, man, would that be awesome!!
Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson, but that would be much better as a series.
The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. This series is actually more dark, violent, and filled with more black humor than Preacher!
100 Bullets by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso. Such an underrated series.
Hell House by Richard matheson, the grandmaster of horror's take on a severely haunted house. A brilliant story.

Inhuman
Hellboy 3 by Guillermo del toro
Punisher Netflix series.

Impediment
Ron Pearlman is actually campaigning for a third Hellboy film.

Impediment
The Darkness (Image) would be kick ass, especially if Mike Patton reprised his role.

Video game related, I'd love to see a Castlevania film. The possibilities would be amazing, if you ask me.

Bioshock and God of War would be absolutely awesome, too.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
Dark Tower

dark tower looks like its finally gonna get made..

sidenote to del toro , he wants to make a star wars film

Ridley_Prime
Ron Pearlman as Slade Wilson... in live action, while voicing him the way he did in the Teen Titans cartoon.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Impediment
Hitman by Garth Ennis and John McCrea. Oh, man, would that be awesome!!
Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson, but that would be much better as a series.
The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. This series is actually more dark, violent, and filled with more black humor than Preacher!
100 Bullets by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso. Such an underrated series.
Hell House by Richard matheson, the grandmaster of horror's take on a severely haunted house. A brilliant story.

thumb up

A man after my own heart.

As far as comics go, I REALLY want a Runaways movie, but only if it's written by the author of the comic.

Also, Kick-Ass 3.

quanchi112
If I don't get a Tron 3 there will be bitching. Oh there will be bitching.

dynamix
Sandman - heard Joseph Gordon-Levitt is involved but i think its still in development hell.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment

Video game related, I'd love to see a Castlevania film. The possibilities would be amazing, if you ask me.

I remember hearing about one was planned, Paul W.S. Anderson was attatched to it sick

Ridley_Prime
After the masterpieces that were the BloodRayne movies, Uwe Boll should do a Castlevania. thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Super Troopers 2

Patient_Leech
I agree with the previously mentioned...

Constantine (I liked the Keanu version, but would welcome anything)
Dredd 2
God of War

Also I think Alex Proyas was working on a Paradise Lost adaptation that eventually got canned. I didn't like his Knowing with Nick Cage, but I still think he has the capacity for greatness. And...

Pandorum

An underrated sci-fi horror/adventure. It was intended to have a prequel and a sequel, I believe.

Quincy
Grendel would be bad-ass too

Inhuman
Blood Meridian

Tzeentch
A Spiderman movie that starts with Peter having already been Spiderman for years and possessing a solid career and girlfriend.

Time-Immemorial
One with all your girlfriends in it. Naked.

Tzeentch
My girlfriends are all fat feminists.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
My girlfriends are all fat feminists.

Explains you perfectly brahbig grin

Tzeentch
Are you implying I'm a fat feminist?

Time-Immemorial
Are you implying I'm a fat feminist?

No, I know you a black man with a cool jeep drinking.

TheVaultDweller
A lot of top notch suggestions in this thread (especially a few of Imp's picks), which makes it all the more depressing that many of these won't ever see the light of day. Leading on from my Justice League Dark comments, and as others have said, I would also love a proper Hellblazer film. I think Matt Ryan was a solid casting choice for the NBC show, but the rest of the program was very mediocre, and didn't really capture the spirit of the comics IMO.

A Punisher Netflix series could very well happen, depending on how well Frank is received in s2 of Daredevil.

A Spiderman movie that starts with Peter having already been Spiderman for years and possessing a solid career and girlfriend.

Ha, you're the biggest dreamer of us all. stick out tongue

Jmanghan
Would love a movie about Final Fantasy. A box office and critical hit, as well.

That'd be great.

Adam Grimes
I'm surprised OP hasn't mentioned the Fallout series. That universe has great potential for a 'The Road' kind of film.

TheVaultDweller
Video game movies are notoriously terrible, and I love Fallout too much to see it get butchered. laughing

The chances of a Fallout film ever being made is extremely slim in anyways.

Kazenji
If they only they spent the amount of money making the movie as they do the games themselves.

TheVaultDweller
I came across this, and it reminded me how much potential the Warhammer 40k verse has to produce some epic movies if a big studio decided to have a proper go at it.

V2B6de1Geks

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
A true Hellblazer, R rated movie starring Matt Ryan. I think this is already /thread for me

TheVaultDweller
Yeah. Not going to lie. While I do enjoy Matt's performance in the role, Legends is way too goofy a show for that character, really. I mean this is the show where the Legends once Voltron'd into a giant Beebo doll to fight the big bad of the season.

Eon Blue
A Sandman trilogy directed by Chris Nolan with Gaiman onboard to contribute.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Eon Blue
A Sandman trilogy directed by Chris Nolan with Gaiman onboard to contribute.

joseph gordan levitt was supposed to a Sandman film which i think could lead to a trilogy but that project has been in developmental hell

StiltmanFTW
A sequel to You Don't Mess with the Zohan.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
A true Hellblazer, R rated movie starring Matt Ryan.

Another movie might be happening with Colin Farrell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.