Wolverine Vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Wolverine is hired to hunt down and kill the brutish hulk, Wolverine accepts the contract and begins his hunt. Wolverine is given one month of prep, and is taking this killing extremely seriously as he knows the hulk is a threat to the earth.

1. Hulk is located somewhere in the Canadian Tundra/forests, Wolverine has a tracker that provides a location of Hulk within a 50 mil radius.

2. Wolverine has his full adamantium skeleton+joints

3. Wolverine has his healing levels from when he was bone claw wolverine

4. Wolverine has his legendary possessed samurai sword.

Does wolverine succeed?

DarkSaint85
No. With adamantium joints, he is unable to move.

Board Walker
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No. With adamantium joints, he is unable to move.

You would think so, but not in this match up, he can fully move with liquid adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Always been a mystery how those joints of his work. But hey, it's comics, Sue Richards can see people while being invisible, Reed chooses to make everything longer but his micropenis, etc...

Anyway, the skeleton either resembles a terminator, pro action figure or is like bonded with the metal on the molecular level blah-blah-blah... whatever explanation you like.

Marvel is being simple about it - you can't tear Wolverine into pieces, but you can do that do the Ultimate version.

riv6672
Originally posted by Board Walker
Does wolverine succeed?
No.

StiltmanFTW
He can't kill him in scenarios 1-3, but with the muramasa sword in 4 (if BW meant it to be muramasa), he can and will.

ShadowFyre
Assassination is a a lot different from an all out fight. I see no reason Logan cant sneak up and stick the sword through Hulks head while he is unaware. This scenario Logan 7/10 times if he plays it smart.

Fight. Hulk ten outta ten

Stoic
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Assassination is a a lot different from an all out fight. I see no reason Logan cant sneak up and stick the sword through Hulks head while he is unaware. This scenario Logan 7/10 times if he plays it smart.

Fight. Hulk ten outta ten

Unless something like the Hulk turns around, sees him and thunderclaps the skins off of him happens.

StiltmanFTW
Logan can simply throw the sword. He's one of the stealthiest characters, getting the drop on the Hulk should be well within his abilities.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Logan can simply throw the sword. He's one of the stealthiest characters, getting the drop on the Hulk should be well within his abilities.

So what? He throws the sword? Does the impact win the fight for him, or does he still have to contend with a character well above his weight class? Do we automatically forget that the Hulk could stomp the ground beneath his feet, and pop Wolverine up into the air and finish him off with a heavy strike? Why can't anyone recall that the Hulk is actually pretty fast?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
So what? He throws the sword? Does the impact win the fight for him, or does he still have to contend with a character well above his weight class? Do we automatically forget that the Hulk could stomp the ground beneath his feet, and pop Wolverine up into the air and finish him off with a heavy strike? Why can't anyone recall that the Hulk is actually pretty fast?

Hulk's speed doesn't matter. Wolverine is prepped, in his element, means to kill and has the element of surprise as well. Nobody hears him coming when he doesn't want to.

Yes, he throws the sword. And given that said sword is actually a magical plasmic form that splices anything it touches sans adamantium on the molecular level, Hulk is screwed.

Stoic
Hulk's speed doesn't matter. Wolverine is prepped, in his element, means to kill and has the element of surprise as well. Nobody hears him coming when he doesn't want to.

Yes, he throws the sword. And given that said sword is actually a magical plasmic form that splices anything it touches sans adamantium on the molecular level, Hulk is screwed.

Where in this description do you figure that Wolverine is on his tippee toes?

1. Hulk is located somewhere in the Canadian Tundra/forests, Wolverine has a tracker that provides a location of Hulk within a 50 mil radius.

2. Wolverine has his full adamantium skeleton+joints

3. Wolverine has his healing levels from when he was bone claw wolverine

4. Wolverine has his legendary possessed samurai sword.

Does wolverine succeed?

StiltmanFTW
His job is to kill the Hulk and he's taking it "extremely seriously", so the stealth attempt is the very first thing he's gonna try.

Scoobless
Maruwhatsit sword can give him the win, without it, unless he goes to Reed or Forge for prep assist, he's probably going to lose.

ShadowFyre
This is a hunt, not a straight up fight Stoic. We all know he couldnt win a fight. But with the right weapin and skills anybody can kill anyone else.

dynamix
what can the blade do? like what are some of its higher feats? Only asking because Hulk is one of the most durable character in comics.

StiltmanFTW
Durability doesn't matter as it doesn't actually cut things. Again, it's a magical plasmic form disguising itself as the blade.

It sliced up Skaar, stabbed OR through his armor despite being broken in half (OR's armor may or may not be made of carbonadium, Marvel never has been clear on that except in 90s TAS) and was stated to be able to pierce Colossus.

carver9
Durability doesn't matter as it doesn't actually cut things. Again, it's a magical plasmic form disguising itself as the blade.

It sliced up Skaar, stabbed OR through his armor despite being broken in half (OR's armor may or may not be made of carbonadium, Marvel never has been clear on that except in 90s TAS) and was stated to be able to pierce Colossus.

Don't think these fts are enough proof that the blade would take out Hulk, but, I do think it could pierce him. Throwing the blade wouldn't be a good choice imo. Hulk has dodged sneak attacks from people with high end strength, throwing objects at him....and Wolverine tossing it might not give him the strength needed to decapitate the Hulk.

His best option is to fight it out hoping he could get a stab in the eye. If this happens, he could win; if not, Hulk kills him. I'm undecided on this one.

DarkSaint85
I remember my first adventures on this forum, was challenging WWH with Wolverine and the Muramasa Blade. Think it was the first time carver and I really interacted, actually.

Wolverine wins this.

The Muramasa Balde specifically negates healing factors. The only thing that has ever stopped it was Armour's memories of her ancestors.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Wolverine murders this green Hillbilly!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Don't think these fts are enough proof that the blade would take out Hulk, but, I do think it could pierce him. Throwing the blade wouldn't be a good choice imo. Hulk has dodged sneak attacks from people with high end strength, throwing objects at him....and Wolverine tossing it might not give him the strength needed to decapitate the Hulk.

His best option is to fight it out hoping he could get a stab in the eye. If this happens, he could win; if not, Hulk kills him. I'm undecided on this one.

Wolverine doesn't need strength. Like I said, the blade doesn't actually cut things. It just magically severs the molecular bonds.

He doesn't need to decap Hulk, either.

Hulk can't kill Wolverine either stick out tongue Unless he took muramasa and stabbed the shit out of him, then maybe.

deathslash
This fight is so stacked in logan's favor that it's almost impossible for him to lose.

ShadowFyre
Carver is right, in the Marines and most self defense gurus will tell you not to throw away your weapon. As the likelihood of you killing somebody or even seriously hurting them is slim to none. Attack from behind, straight to the oblivious green giants dome with the muramasa and its game over. This isnt a fight people, its an assasination.

Though a dumb one since Hulk will eventually heal. If I gave Spiderman this super death energy sword, he would decimate half the Avengers if he had the element of surprise.

StiltmanFTW
Logan killed Omega Red by throwing it.

He won't heal as the blade cancels out the healing factor. A mortal wound should end him with no possibility of coming back under his own power.

DarkSaint85
Daken nearly killed Skaar with it, in a straight up fight. And he only had slivers of the blade.

Flyattractor
Has the Mummraass sword ever actually killed any one ? Permanently that is.....

carver9

He won't heal as the blade cancels out the healing factor. A mortal wound should end him with no possibility of coming back under his own power.

Skaar healed though.

carver9
Daken nearly killed Skaar with it, in a straight up fight. And he only had slivers of the blade.

Skaar and Hulk isn't interchangeable.

carver9
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Has the Mummraass sword ever actually killed any one ? Permanently that is.....

Yes, Sabertooth iirc. He is back though.

carver9
Wolverine doesn't need strength. Like I said, the blade doesn't actually cut things. It just magically severs the molecular bonds.

He doesn't need to decap Hulk, either.

Hulk can't kill Wolverine either stick out tongue Unless he took muramasa and stabbed the shit out of him, then maybe.

Hulk has dodged things coming at him far faster (sneak attacks) than Wolverine throwing arm. Wolverine throwing his weapon is the last thing he wants to do. Especially if it doesn't kill his target (Hulk has survived some crazy crap).

StiltmanFTW
Yes, Sabertooth iirc. He is back though.

It was Sabretooth's clone that got killed.

StiltmanFTW
Skaar healed though.

Yeah, Pak is to blame for that.

Wolverine did heal, too, but it took him longer.

Wolverine stated that it'd leave a scar, meaning muramasa reduced HF to normal human healing speed... basically, that means a lethal wound would be unhealable...

DarkSaint85
Skaar and Hulk isn't interchangeable.

Skaar healed though.

confused

StiltmanFTW
Hulk has dodged things coming at him far faster (sneak attacks) than Wolverine throwing arm. Wolverine throwing his weapon is the last thing he wants to do. Especially if it doesn't kill his target (Hulk has survived some crazy crap).

Hulk doesn't have superhuman senses (sans the astral projection detection). He won't have a clue a sword is being chucked at him...

Wolverine already proved he can sneak up on the Hulk. When he stabbed his puny brain with 6 claws...

ShadowFyre

Yeah well real life and comics hey? Anyway, I thought it only negated the users ability for a short period. I could see Hulk growing a head out of his dick.

Carver, arguing Logans hunting,tracking,sneaking and assassination skills is not a road you want to go down. Even with Hulk. He has a deus ex machina weapon that can end anyone or anything instantly. Hulk is no way taking a majority in this op setup all for Wolverine.

Sin I AM
It depends on how the blade works against durable opponents. Has it been shown to puncture deep? I only recall slashes

carver9
confused

Reread everything.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
It depends on how the blade works against durable opponents. Has it been shown to puncture deep? I only recall slashes

Shiva robot - those were pretty formidable - got one-shotted; cut in half.

Cut off Sabreclone's head.

Stabbed Omega Red (w/ armor) deep enough to kill him (and that was with a broken muramasa).

Wolverine only got his chest cut thanks to the adamantium rib cage.

Daken did only slashes because he had bone claws out as well as his muramasa ones. Safe to say that the bone claws were holding muramasa ones back somewhat, preventing them from doing max damage. Anyway, Daken got stopped from killing Banner's son.

You need to understand that what allowed the blade to damage nigh-invulnerable opponents was not its sharpness; the magic in it was the key. That shit was literally made of Wolverine's rage and shit like that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Yeah well real life and comics hey? Anyway, I thought it only negated the users ability for a short period. I could see Hulk growing a head out of his dick.

Carver, arguing Logans hunting,tracking,sneaking and assassination skills is not a road you want to go down. Even with Hulk. He has a deus ex machina weapon that can end anyone or anything instantly. Hulk is no way taking a majority in this op setup all for Wolverine.

No, it was meant to do so permanently - that's why Wolverine considered it a surefire way to off him and passed it to Cyclops in case he ever went crazy.

A head out of his dick laughing out loud I could see Deadpool doing that, just for lulz.

Sin I AM
Shiva robot - those were pretty formidable - got one-shotted; cut in half.

Cut off Sabreclone's head.

Stabbed Omega Red (w/ armor) deep enough to kill him (and that was with a broken muramasa).

Wolverine only got his chest cut thanks to the adamantium rib cage.

Daken did only slashes because he had bone claws out as well as his muramasa ones. Safe to say that the bone claws were holding muramasa ones back somewhat, preventing them from doing max damage. Anyway, Daken got stopped from killing Banner's son.

You need to understand that what allowed the blade to damage nigh-invulnerable opponents was not its sharpness; the magic in it was the key. That shit was literally made of Wolverine's rage and shit like that.

Yea but magic isn't a be-all end-all. And as Carter so eloquently put it Skaar is no Hulk. Any who im curious if the blade could penetrate his flesh deep enough to strike a vital organ, especially someone as durable as Banner. Nothing it's shown so far that it can

EvilTyrant
The muramasa blade isn't as strong as adamantium. The Tinkerer warned Daken when he gave him the implants. He gave Daken adamantium claws on the back of his hands and muramasa blades for his wrist claws. The sword or the metal it's made from is enchanted. It knocks out superhuman healing factors. Wolverine will probably have to cut Hulk with his claws 1st and then hit the wound with the sword.

ODG
^ Are you sure? Didn't Wolverine carve through an adamantium Shiva with the Muramasa blade? On another occasion I remember the blade parrying adamantium claws, or vice-versa.

It only ever broke itself when it encountered Armor' psychic armor as it was forged from memories or some plot device explanation. So against mystic stuff like that, yes it was less durable. But beyond that, it seemed more durable than adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ODG
^ Are you sure? Didn't Wolverine carve through an adamantium Shiva with the Muramasa blade? On another occasion I remember the blade parrying adamantium claws, or vice-versa.

It only ever broke itself when it encountered Armor' psychic armor as it was forged from memories or some plot device explanation. So against mystic stuff like that, yes it was less durable. But beyond that, it seemed more durable than adamantium.
Was Shiva made of adamantium? I know it seemed to be the case in 90s TAS, but didn't adamantium-less Sabretooth tore those robots apart with his bare hands or something...

My knowledge about Hama's Wolverine run is limited, so I'm honestly not sure. Don't recall anything stated about shiva being adamantium in Way's series, though.

Don't remember the claws parrying the blade.

Yes, it only broke against Armor because of the reason you mentioned and against itself (Daken's m. claws v. broken sword).

Insane Titan
With the blade Hulk dies.

Flyattractor
Unless Hulk gets ANGRIER then the sword.

Surtur
Would brain stabbing Hulk even kill him? Oh wait, is this the sword that negates healing factors? Then yeah..probably would kill him.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Unless Hulk gets ANGRIER then the sword.

Impossible, the sword has just seen its entire family raped by gamma irradiated bears prior to the fight. Its anger knows no bounds.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
Oh wait, is this the sword that negates healing factors?
I assume so, but with Board Walker you can never be sure about anything.

I believe he wants it to be red muramasa, but he mentions something about it 'being possessed'? That'd qualify as the black blade - also made by muramasa - and sadly, it wouldn't guarantee the win against the Hulk, not even mentioning the possibility of actually killing him.

Black blade was indestructible and possessed its wielder, granting him or her a durability boost and increased fighting skills.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
Would brain stabbing Hulk even kill him? Oh wait, is this the sword that negates healing factors? Then yeah..probably would kill him.

Impossible, the sword has just seen its entire family raped by gamma irradiated bears prior to the fight. Its anger knows no bounds.

Bah. Hulk gets madder then that when Hawkeye drinks all the milk at Avengers Mansion.

HULK LIKE MILK WITH HIS COOKIES !!! RARRGHHH!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.