Old Sith Empire vs Yuuzhan Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
The Yuuzhan Vong have attempted to regain control of the galaxy... only much sooner than they truly did. They have instead hastily decided to make their comeback 5000 years before the Battle of Yavin, just as the Great Hyperspace War is about to begin. They intercept Gav and Jori Daragon's ship, kill them, and send a boarding party of their own to Korriban to investigate. Naga Sadow, having assassinated Ludo Kressh, uses the Vong to instill fear in the Sith Empire that the Vong are about to launch a full scale invasion. Sadow wins the loyalty of all the Sith, and the newly christened Dark Lord mobilizes his forces. By the time he amasses his armies and leads them beyond Sith space, the Vong have already overrun and conquered the Empress Teta system.

Sadow sends his forces to Koros Major to attack the Vong, while he suspends himself above the planet within his Meditation Sphere, using Battle Meditation and Illusions to bolster the power of the Sith forces. Which force wins?

The Yuuzhan Vong Empire:

- Supreme Overlord Shimrra Jamaane

- Warmasters Tsavong Lah and Nas Choka

- Supreme Commanders Shedao Shai, Czulkang Lah, Maal Lah, Komm Karsh and Malik Carr

- 30 Vong Commanders

- 800 Vong Subcommanders

- 5000 Vong Subalterns

- 80, 000 Yuuzhan Vong Warriors

The Old Sith Empire:

- Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow, aboard a Meditation Sphere using his Battle Meditation and Illusions to support the Sith armies from afar

- Nine other members of the Sith Council, including Dor Gal-ram and Horak-Mul

- 1 Sith Wyrm

- 300 Kissai

- 500 Fully-fledged Sith Lords

- 2000 Alchemy-enhanced Massassi Abominations

- 30, 000 Massassi Warriors

Which Empire prevails and why?

Q99
I think you slanted the numbers too far to the Vong- Vong warriors I'd put above Massassi to begin with, and that's an additional 50k.

It'd be more fair if a good chunk of those were Chazrach soldiers.

I will also note Sadow's illusions should amount to precisely jack here. They're force powers, Vong are force resistant. If they can see them at all, they're not likely to be fooled to nearly the same extent as humans.

Trocity
Originally posted by Q99
I think you slanted the numbers too far to the Vong- Vong warriors I'd put above Massassi to begin with, and that's an additional 50k.

It'd be more fair if a good chunk of those were Chazrach soldiers.

I will also note Sadow's illusions should amount to precisely jack here. They're force powers, Vong are force resistant. If they can see them at all, they're not likely to be fooled to nearly the same extent as humans.

Agreed.

Fated Xtasy
I feel the Vong should have a good edge due to their literal alien technology.

Q99
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I feel the Vong should have a good edge due to their literal alien technology.

Quite. Both sides are good in melee, but I think the thud bugs and such may actually give the Vong a ranged edge, plus up close amphistaves are gonna be a big surprise for Massassi warriors and even Sith.

It took time for Jedi to adapt to their tech's unusual advantages.

SunRazer
The Vong were Force-resistant, but they were still affected by powers like Lightning. Not that Illusion is comparable, though, but it might work to some extent?

Also, the Sith Wyrm is pretty big. I was also thinking of adding Leviathans, and since it seems that everybody's going for the Vong, I'll have six Leviathans join the Sith as well.

Q99
Originally posted by SunRazer
The Vong were Force-resistant, but they were still affected by powers like Lightning. Not that Illusion is comparable, though, but it might work to some extent?

Affected but to reduced effect, lightning and TK were reduced in strength when used against them, and mind powers never worked.

As I see it, it's either going to fail outright (fairly likely even), or the illusions are going to be so ephemeral from the Vong POV that the combat effect is going to be minimal, illusions are less scary when they're clearly see-through.

While being the only side with big things is an advantages, it's not as big an advantage as *this* many more warriors, especially when the force drain or mind absorption aren't going to work so well, and there's a lot of poison, explosives, etc.. And warriors willing to suicide to use them.

Throw a buncha amphistaves into it's maw, let them bite on the way down, and see how well it does.

Emperordmb
Proof for the effects of lightning being reduced?

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Proof for the effects of lightning being reduced?

Hm, I'm not sure if it *specifically* came up, but other physical effects including TK were significantly reduced. Force resistance doesn't play favorites.

SunRazer
Lightning seemed to affect them just fine. Just about every time Lightning was used on them, to memory, they died.

Emperordmb
Well lightning is a more physical thing than TK. You can grab a rock and slam it into a Vong with the Force, but I doubt the rocks momentum would go away beacause it is of the Force. I don't see why lightning would stop working.

Q99
Hm, if the force is merely being used to create a charge in the air, that makes sense... on the flip side, the anti-force lizards from the Thrawn trilogy repelled lightning too.

It may simply have been that the individuals we saw use it were strong enough to overcome the disadvantage. It's not like we saw any lowly dark adepts try.

SunRazer
Ysalamiri and Vong don't share the same type of Force resistance.

Darth Demenos
vong

carthage
Not sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.