If you had to make a team...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If you had to make a team, what Herald would you have as your heavy hitter?

DarkSaint85
Majestic.

carver9
Thor for me.

The Nuul
Depends, are characters like Thor are idiots?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Thor for me.

Good choice. I went for Maj, only because he has the power (obv), with the science chops (so Blue Marvel-esque) AND had a fair degree of magic resistance.

Plus, the mindset thing.

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Depends, are characters like Thor are idiots?

Lol...they are in character. When Thor is serious, he can be monstrous.

The Nuul
I'd pick a serious, non jobbing, properly written average Thor. If not, than Majestic.

For a villain team, I'd pick Sinestro.

zopzop
A non PIS/CIS influenced Surfer. It's not even close either. He has abilities that would help a team that the other heralds simply do not have (healing wounds, regrowing limbs, raising the dead).

Blue Area Vet
Hard choice for me. I wanna say Thor do to his Asgardian Magic which is hard to counter, but Silver Surfer would be able to do so much to positively effect his team. For instance, he could create a pocket atmosphere so that streets and metas could breath in hostile conditions. He could heals or perhaps even raise a deceased member. He'd have cosmic knowledge, he'd provide a power source, his transmutation would be invaluable, he could open a worm hole for transportation, he could effect opposing teams electronics, etc. Gotta go with Surfer.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop
A non PIS/CIS influenced Surfer. It's not even close either. He has abilities that would help a team that the other heralds simply do not have (healing wounds, regrowing limbs, raising the dead).

Yeah - but carver having the CIS rule on really made it tough for me.

A heavy hitter who does not like fighting? Pass, for me.

"Id"
Say it was a 5 Man Team, and Herald is the cap.

Dr. Stranger or Dr. Fate (Hector) - Magic
Silver Surfer or White Lantern (Kyle) - Cosmic Powers
Shaman X-Man or Tangent Superman - Psionics
Hulk or Doomsday - Brute Force
Plutonian or Mr. Majestic - Heavy Hitter

Digi
I suppose Alan Scott is over the cap. But he'd be my choice. Power, leadership, moral compass. He'd be more than just the heaviest hitter on the team.

There's a case for Superman based on those same criteria, but everyone ends up following his lead all the time. Alan can lead, but is also better at fading back to allow others to explore their leadership potential.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Digi
I suppose Alan Scott is over the cap. But he'd be my choice. Power, leadership, moral compass. He'd be more than just the heaviest hitter on the team.

There's a case for Superman based on those same criteria, but everyone ends up following his lead all the time. Alan can lead, but is also better at fading back to allow others to explore their leadership potential.

Leadership is not a consideration per the OP. What do you think AS is over the cap?

abhilegend
Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman.

You didn't really need to post it, y'know. We would have guessed.

Saiyanverine for me.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Saiyanverine for me.

laughing out loud

This power up would put Wolverine in the skyfather tier.

leonidas
mr. m..... shifty

shifty

nah, surfer, with his post annihilation attitude for me. he's simply too versatile NOT to take. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

This power up would put Wolverine in the skyfather tier.

thumb up

Originally posted by leonidas
simply too versatile NOT to take. stick out tongue

That's what she said...

riv6672
Blue Marvel.

StiltmanFTW
Thought of him, too.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thought of him, too.

I was going to break it down to an all Marvel (BM), all DC (Supes), mixed team, but, went with mixed.
Overall, BM rdges out Supes for me due to his knowledge and demeanor, so he'd fill two out of three teams' heavy hitter positions anyway.

celeyhyga17
Not Hulk.

celeyhyga17
Thor
Silver Surfer
Superman

In that order. One and two more than 3 because of versatility. One more than two going by feats vs opponents out of his weight class.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Not Hulk.

Hulk doesn't have a tier.

golem370
I like Adam Warlock

beatboks
Toss Up between Alan Scot, Dr Fate (Kent), or Daimon Hellstrom,

Flyattractor

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Digi
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Leadership is not a consideration per the OP. What do you think AS is over the cap?

Neither is it NOT a consideration, or excluded by OP's words. It just asks who you would choose as your heavy hitter. Alan is a heavy hitter. That I chose him for more than just his raw power goes against nothing in the OP.

srug

And yes, Alan in his Sentinel form is Trans., not high herald.

riv6672
Agreed on OP stips. Its why i chose BM over Supes for a combined MU/DCnu team. Comparable power, better mental acumen.

Time-Immemorial

Ur joking

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, he's so much above those pussies in trans/skydaddy/abstract tiers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.