Female Inquisitor revealed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/07/star-wars-rebels-magazine-reveals-new.html

The name hasn't been released but the female Inquisitor for the Disney Show rebels has been shown without her facial mask. As seen her eyes are yellow implying immersion in the dark side, and the facial features are indeed heavily reminiscent of Barriss Offee. What are your thoughts on the newest image, and do you think Barris has become more skilled or remained the same since TCW?

WildBantha88
That looks nothing like Barriss.

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/4e2a34d4a1c21a24aee451963f62146d/tumblr_nrjcvexfFK1s2gywzo1_400.jpg https://40.media.tumblr.com/9b7b550df333c1cc5788fb63a8af41a3/tumblr_nrjcvexfFK1s2gywzo2_400.jpg

Aging + different animation style + dark side immersion is bound to cause one to look quite different. I think it looks close enough to be Barriss, except her Mirialan tattoos aren't there. There seems to be scarring on each side of her nose/cheeks - so if it is her I wonder why she had them removed. (Assuming she had them removed willingly). The unmasking of the female Inquisitor is amusing 'cause I see people saying "this proves it is Barriss!", and others saying "this proves it isn't Barriss!"

I think we just have to wait until the fall to find out. sad

The Merchant
I hope it's not Bariss. And hawt btw.

ILS
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I think we just have to wait until the fall to find out. sad That's so f*cking unreasonable it made me vomit a litre of blood.

|King Joker|
thumb up

Tzeentch
Would smash.

Zenwolf
It's obviously Bariss, cause Rebels wants to continuously bring back TCW characters.

I'm calling it now, Ahsoka kills her in a duel, probably at the season finale.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's obviously Bariss, cause Rebels wants to continuously bring back TCW characters.

I'm calling it now, Ahsoka kills her in a duel, probably at the season finale.

Based on the concept art, I think this Inquizzy might be the only "human" so to speak, character that Ezra has in the Inquisitorious. He may end up saving her. But who knows?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Based on the concept art, I think this Inquizzy might be the only "human" so to speak, character that Ezra has in the Inquisitorious. He may end up saving her. But who knows?

Laaaaaame if there's some redemption thing, especially if fracking Ezra is the one to do it...

Tbh I'm more interested in the male Inquisitor, mostly because he is totally new. I wanna know his personality, quirks and so on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf

I'm calling it now, Ahsoka kills her in a duel, probably at the season finale. Where are your spoiler tags, monster ?

|King Joker|
What did he spoil, lol?

quanchi112
What did he spoil, lol?

It was a joke that you decimated.

|King Joker|
mmm

Trocity
She's not hot.. she looks sickly. no expression

Emperordmb
10/10 would ****

|King Joker|
http://www.gifwave.com/media/22296_dean-winchester-sigh-facepalm-tv-supernatural_200s.gif

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Trocity
She's not hot.. she looks sickly. no expression
Most of the aliens nerds want to sleep with do. They don't exactly have the highest of standards.

Tzeentch
I'd let her run 20 miles in the blistering heat, then sit on my face, if you know what I mean.

Trocity
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Most of the aliens nerds want to sleep with do. They don't exactly have the highest of standards.

Fair point.

Ace Hambone
I don't think it looks like Barriss, but I don't think Ahsoka looks like Ahsoka so what do I know?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Ace Hambone
I don't think it looks like Barriss, but I don't think Ahsoka looks like Ahsoka so what do I know?

Pretty much this. Barriss doesn't look quite like Barriss, but Ahsoka doesn't look like Ahsoka either.

It's pretty obvious Barriss is the inquisitor Vader would send immediately after learning Ahsoka's with the cell, though, let's be honest with ourselves.

|King Joker|
thumb up She knows Ahsoka the best and it would likely mess with Ahsoka's head.

They managed to make Luminara look pretty accurate in Rebels, it's weird how they couldn't/didn't want to make Ahsoka and Barriss look so accurate. Though IMO Barriss (going off the assumption that is Barriss) looks pretty good.

Lord Stark
thumb up She knows Ahsoka the best and it would likely mess with Ahsoka's head.

They managed to make Luminara look pretty accurate in Rebels, it's weird how they couldn't/didn't want to make Ahsoka and Barriss look so accurate. Though IMO Barriss (going off the assumption that is Barriss) looks pretty good.

Because Luminara was already an adult, Bariss and Ashoka were only children during the Clone Wars and naturally would change features as they matured.

WildBantha88
And loose giant facial tattoos? Those things don't just disappear. This isn't Barriss

FreshestSlice
Tattoos can be removed you know.

NewGuy01
Well I'm just gonna throw it out there... No good things come to people who say "It's not Barriss", ever. If there's every any question, it's always Barriss.

Just ask Ant.

It's always Barriss.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by WildBantha88
And loose giant facial tattoos? Those things don't just disappear. This isn't Barriss

In the 21st century we can remove Tattoos...do you think the Star Wars universe that can build functioning flesh covered hands can't? laughing

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Because Luminara was already an adult, Bariss and Ashoka were only children during the Clone Wars and naturally would change features as they matured. Sure, but Barriss was, like, 20 during Season 5, and we saw what Ahsoka as an adult would look like on Mortis. Obviously features would change with time, but Ahsoka specifically looks way too different, IMO.
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Tattoos can be removed you know. A ridiculous notion!

DarthAnt66
It's a Cathar (like Juhani).

Darth Thor
Because Luminara was already an adult, Bariss and Ashoka were only children during the Clone Wars and naturally would change features as they matured.

Yeah plus Barrios was shown as her TCW self, given it was a hologram from that time.

Darth Abonis
Its definitely Bariss. I wonder if she was the one who killed her old master Luminara.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Its definitely Bariss. I wonder if she was the one who killed her old master Luminara. http://www.xclusivetouch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/woman-crying-sobbing-first-world-problems-gif.gif

FreshestSlice
I just wonder if her death will be as bad as the last Inquisitor's.

Emperordmb
Plot twist...
The inquisitor is actually Luminara

Lord Stark
Sure, but Barriss was, like, 20 during Season 5, and we saw what Ahsoka as an adult would look like on Mortis. Obviously features would change with time, but Ahsoka specifically looks way too different, IMO.

In Legends. In Canon we have no confirmation on how old Barriss was. In Legends she's more of a peer to Anakin as Luminara is to Kenobi, but in canon it seems if anything Skywalker and Luminara are peers (albeit with Luminara being the senior) and Ashoka is Barriss' peer.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Plot twist...
The inquisitor is actually Luminara

source?

Emperordmb
That's just me ****ing around, I never meant that statement to be taken seriously.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if some information was leaked and we got a shitty premature spoiler saying Luminara was the inquisitor with horrible plot elements involved that I would desperately hope not to be true, only for its actual release to confirm my dread.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That's just me ****ing around, I never meant that statement to be taken seriously.

He... http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif He knows.

|King Joker|
In Legends. In Canon we have no confirmation on how old Barriss was. In Legends she's more of a peer to Anakin as Luminara is to Kenobi, but in canon it seems if anything Skywalker and Luminara are peers (albeit with Luminara being the senior) and Ashoka is Barriss' peer. What makes you think Luminara and Anakin are peers, lol? And yeah, Barriss is Ahsoka's peer but I'm pretty sure Barriss is a few years older even in the new canon.

Regardless, I think Barriss looks pretty good in the Rebels animation, it's kind of grown on me. Ahsoka's appearance has... no excuses, in my opinion.

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/945d6cd060cae8d5a536fcbb72cb1228/tumblr_nro2tsc6wT1tm8cw5o1_1280.png

http://33.media.tumblr.com/c8693d18399bcb956784a35ecc971f76/tumblr_n9ntmbY36n1soyp8ao1_500.gif

Nargaroth
What makes you think Luminara and Anakin are peers, lol? And yeah, Barriss is Ahsoka's peer but I'm pretty sure Barriss is a few years older even in the new canon.

Regardless, I think Barriss looks pretty good in the Rebels animation, it's kind of grown on me. Ahsoka's appearance has... no excuses, in my opinion.

Tbh, I find Ahsoka as of Rebels quite cute if you ask me, but yeah she's quite different from her TCW version.

|King Joker|
Well, FPJ basically confirmed the Inquisitor is a Mirialan. Obviously it's Barriss.

FreshestSlice
She's doomed.
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Tbh, I find Ahsoka as of Rebels quite cute if you ask me, but yeah she's quite different from her TCW version.
Pretty much the entire artstyle of Rebels is better.

|King Joker|
Who do you think will kill her? mmm

Zenwolf
Well, FPJ basically confirmed the Inquisitor is a Mirialan. Obviously it's Barriss.

So shocking. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also Ahsoka obviously, it comes full circle with their previous relationship and the like.

These surprises really aren't surprises tbh.

|King Joker|
And loose giant facial tattoos? Those things don't just disappear. This isn't Barriss Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's a Cathar (like Juhani).

|King Joker|
Nah, Ahsoka won't kill her unless absolutely necessary. I doubt they'd have her kill Barriss like that, she's a more compassionate, forgiving character and I think would spare Barriss out of pity. But who knows at this point.

Nephthys

Chopper.

Zenwolf
Nah, Ahsoka won't kill her unless absolutely necessary. I doubt they'd have her kill Barriss like that, she's a more compassionate, forgiving character and I think would spare Barriss out of pity. But who knows at this point.

Eh would make the most sense given their history together, a sort of ultimatum of sorts. Or Kanan does....or Vader when she fails.

SunRazer
Ahsoka will probably be forced to kill Barriss at some point.

|King Joker|
What do you mean by "forced"?

IMO, Vader is the most likely to kill her. But we have no idea really what the plot moving forward will be - it all depends on the circumstances of what's happening. We know Barriss eventually does capture Ezra, maybe Ahsoka will be forced to intervene there? Either way I find it difficult to picture Ahsoka killing her. *shrug*

FreshestSlice
Vader once Ahsoka spares her?

|King Joker|
<3

WildBantha88
That would require Ahsoka to beat Barriss (who is not Barriss. I still have hope they are not that dumb). Barriss outclasses her in almost every way

|King Joker|
It's clearly Barriss. And prove that she would outclass Ahsoka "in almost every way" during Rebels.

Lord Stark
https://41.media.tumblr.com/945d6cd060cae8d5a536fcbb72cb1228/tumblr_nro2tsc6wT1tm8cw5o1_1280.png

http://33.media.tumblr.com/c8693d18399bcb956784a35ecc971f76/tumblr_n9ntmbY36n1soyp8ao1_500.gif

Yeah that confirms it for me.

Nargaroth
What's the source anyway? Looks like an Insider.

chilled monkey
That would require Ahsoka to beat Barriss (who is not Barriss. I still have hope they are not that dumb). Barriss outclasses her in almost every way

Goliath outclassed David in almost every way. Look how that turned out.

Another example. Savage Oppress beat Kenobi and got the better of Kenobi and Anakin at once. But when he had the benefit of a confined environment Kenobi was able to prevail against Savage and Maul, even cutting off Savage's arm, something that wouldn't have happened had they fought in a big open field.

Location, environmental hazards, the presence of allies, distractions etc. All of these can make a big difference.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nargaroth
What's the source anyway? Looks like an Insider. Source for the Barriss pic is the UK Star Wars Rebels magazine, IIRC.

Kurk
This series makes me want to jump off a short roof; the bad puns, messed up animation, ripped off music, inquisitor's lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.