Longer work weeks for Wisconsin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://mashable.com/2015/07/13/scott-walker-wisconsin-7-day-week/

The potential for abuse is definitely there.
Governor Walker is surely trying to make a splash while throwing his hat in the Presidential ring...

jaden101
Nobody gives a fu(k about Wisconsin

Robtard
"It's ridiculous when people want to work extra hours why Democrats would stand in the way of that," Grothman told the Associated Press. "I don't know why some people want some people to remain poor."

What this smart guy should be asking is what makes it so some people have to work nonstop in order to not be poor.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
Nobody gives a fu(k about Wisconsin

Surtur
I'm fine if a person wants to work a 7 day week. But yeah, if this can be abused into forcing someone to work a 7 day week then things need to be tweaked.

Tzeentch
"Work less hours per day and more days per week!"

The great "**** you" scam middle-management has been pulling on their workers since time indefinite. I quit my last job over shit like that. For the people who like those types of conditions though, more power to you I guess.

riv6672
I'm not politically inclined, but this one seemed hinky even to me...

Knife
Originally posted by Robtard
"It's ridiculous when people want to work extra hours why Democrats would stand in the way of that," Grothman told the Associated Press. "I don't know why some people want some people to remain poor."

What this smart guy should be asking is what makes it so some people have to work nonstop in order to not be poor.

This is the correct answer! thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by Tzeentch

The great "**** you" scam middle-management has been pulling on their workers since time indefinite. I quit my last job over shit like that. For the people who like those types of conditions though, more power to you I guess.
If you dont mind my asking, what was your last job?

Bardock42

I always do the "work more hours per day but in return more days per week" thing.

Works like a charm.

riv6672
I'm glad i never found myself in that situation. In the Army you work when where and how long you're told, to include semi regular 24 hour duty, weekends, etc. overtime does not exist.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
I'm glad i never found myself in that situation. In the Army you work when where and how long you're told, to include semi regular 24 hour duty, weekends, etc. overtime does not exist.

In some ways this kind of sucks, but I'm guessing the pay and benefits make up for it.

Newjak
Yeah it seems like the potential for abuse is there.

All the companies have to do is make sure to hire people that will work 7 days a week. After awhile it could become an unspoken rule that if you want to get hired you have to be willing to work the whole 7 days.

Also I know I've read research before that shows humans beings work better if you give them a break and time to recharge and focus.

dadudemon
"Work less hours per day and more days per week!".

There's an alternative perspective to this situation.

"I get to work less hours at my main job so now I can pick up another job which compliments my hours. Finally, I can make enough money. Previously, they'd schedule my hours in such a way that I could never get a second job."

For the people who like those types of conditions though, more power to you I guess.

thumb up

There are other benefits, as well. Taking vacation days does not use up as much of your time when you're taking a day here, or a day there.

Edit - I'm okay with 7 day work weeks as long as overtime is still paid out as more than regular pay, exempt employees get "hours worked in a week" caps (and if they go over, they have to be paid overtime, too), and somethings or anothers that I'm too tired to type put.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
"I get to work less hours at my main job so now I can pick up another job which compliments my hours. Finally, I can make enough money. Previously, they'd schedule my hours in such a way that I could never get a second job....

...and after 60 years of this, and if I am lucky and can maybe pick up a 3rd part-time job, I can retire with only a marginal amount of debt and die 4 days later on the street outside of the old people's home I wasn't able to afford"

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
...and after 60 years of this, and if I am lucky and can maybe pick up a 3rd part-time job, I can retire with only a marginal amount of debt and die 4 days later on the street outside of the old people's home I wasn't able to afford"

Only a marginal amount of debt? Lucky. How horrible for others that die with moderate to large amounts of debt. If only they had the option to pick up a second job...

Bardock42
Only a marginal amount of debt? Lucky. How horrible for others that die with moderate to large amounts of debt. If only they had the option to pick up a second job...

No, see, my joke continued your post, so in this scenario we were working 2 and a half jobs and were still miserable...

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
In some ways this kind of sucks, but I'm guessing the pay and benefits make up for it.
The benefits moreso than the pay.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, see, my joke continued your post, so in this scenario we were working 2 and a half jobs and were still miserable...

No, see, my joke continued your joke post, so in my comparative scenario, the one who had shitty work hours and could only work one job, died much more miserable and the crippling debt was the only thing they could pass onto their progeny. smile

riv6672
Oy. laughing out loud

Bardock42
No, see, my joke continued your joke post, so in my comparative scenario, the one who had shitty work hours and could only work one job, died much more miserable and the crippling debt was the only thing they could pass onto their progeny. smile

At least they had time to procreate in your scenario...

riv6672
Kinky!eek!

meep-meep
This sets a dangerous precedent. Too many people and not enough resources is the culprit imo.

riv6672
That might be a factor, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.