Peace in our lifetime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Thanks to President Obama we have recieved a better life.
Do you feel his efforts at World peace are worthwhile?

walshy
i won't be voting labour again until obama lowers pizza prices nationwide.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by walshy
i won't be voting labour again until obama lowers pizza prices nationwide.

You're not even in our nation. mad

Nuke Nixon
What peace? There's still American soldiers on foreign soil killing and dying, not much of a peace if you ask me. There's going to be wars all over this world until the end of time, he can't stop it, no one can. It's only going to get worse mark my words, world wars, oceans of blood, Armageddon for real. It's going to be interesting times.

walshy
at least you're optimistic

Flyattractor
I still have to shoot at my neighbor to shut them up at night so no....I don't think we will have "peace in our lifetimes"

Scribble
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
What peace? There's still American soldiers on foreign soil killing and dying, not much of a peace if you ask me. There's going to be wars all over this world until the end of time, he can't stop it, no one can. It's only going to get worse mark my words, world wars, oceans of blood, Armageddon for real. It's going to be interesting times. I reckon this is far more likely than anything even remotely resembling 'world peace'. It's a shame.

Genesis-Soldier
you should see the aussie soldiers in irag

I have never felt more ashamed or sorry for our soldiers

riv6672
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Do you feel his efforts at World peace are worthwhile?
Peace in our lifetime? Not going to happen.
Efforts at world peace? Always worthwhile.

Flyattractor
I would be happy just to have some Peace & Quiet.

Star428
Originally posted by Wonder Man

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Calling Wonder Man... Please come back to reality!

riv6672
So in 8 years you deny he's done any good?

This is why i dont talk politics. laughing out loud

Star428
What good do you think he's done, riv?

Surtur
I feel like anyone who thinks "world peace" is possible is being a bit naive to the nature of people. I don't doubt things will get better then they are now, but I don't ever see a time of true "world peace". Not unless you wipe out every human on the planet. You'd have to get rid of all religion too if you ever want to achieve it with actual people still alive.

riv6672
Nah, not trying to bait you, man, but if you have that opinion, nothing i can say will change it, and just waste both our time.
I was just a little surprised so i commented on it. Apologies.

As to the topic, the history of all things is conflict. Peace equals stagnation.

Surtur
I saw you at the bait shop, you lying.

Genesis-Soldier
We shall never achieve peace without having a great sacrifice that will ensure humanity will stop its own nature

The magnitude of this sacrifice must be so great that it would deter all forms of resistance, and that will most likely be our deaths or cost of freedom

Emperordmb
I don't get it, the mission. Hang on a second....

Peace in our time. Peace in our time. Peace in our time.

Oh no no no no no... Yes. Shhhhhhhhh I'm here to help

Surtur
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
We shall never achieve peace without having a great sacrifice that will ensure humanity will stop its own nature

The magnitude of this sacrifice must be so great that it would deter all forms of resistance, and that will most likely be our deaths or cost of freedom

Pretty much yeah, first you'd have to drastically reduce the population of the planet. Then you gather the remaining people in one country and you 1984 that b*tch.

Surtur
This just reminded me of the X-Files where Mulder comes across a genie and wishes for world peace, and then goes outside to find every single human being has been removed from the planet in order to achieve it.

walshy
i think we're due a third world war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.