Vitiate vs RoTS Sidious, Yoda, and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tondemonai
This is Vitiate post Ziost consumption

Round 1 Vitiate is in Master Surro's body.

Round 2 Vitiate is in spirit form

The_Tempest
Team stomps in both rounds. Yoda laffs merrily in the face of Sith spirits.

McP
Yoda and Sidious solos in both

Emperordmb
Seems like a spite thread to me.

Tondemonai
Really? I imagine that Vitiate after consuming everything on Ziost would give him a massive power jump. It is one of the oldest Sith ruled planets ever and I'm pretty sure on its own it has nearly as strong a nexus as Korriban, not to mention the Jedi and Sith that were on it after he did the ritual. Plus in spirit form he's pretty much impossible to kill. I was thinking this would be a pretty evenly matched fight, IMO at least. I've always put prime Viti above all the movie incarnations of Sidious, though I don't deny that DE Sidious is superior.

EmperorSidious2
Team. Sidious by himself is enough to give vitiate a good fight possibly even win by himself. Add yoda into the mix yoda and then Anakin into the mix this is a stomp for team.

Trocity
Vitiate cannot be killed by conventional means, how will Palpatine kill him? Make a wish?

Vitiate pretty much one shots.

SunRazer
Team breaks Vitiate down.

Stigma
lol team wrecks Vitiate.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Team stomps in both rounds. Yoda laffs merrily in the face of Sith spirits.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Trocity
Vitiate cannot be killed by conventional means, how will Palpatine kill him? Make a wish?

Vitiate pretty much one shots.
thumb up

Sinious
lol is that sarcasm?

S_W_LeGenD
Those members who are mindlessly siding with the Strike Team, care to offer an explanation that how this Strike Team is supposed to defeat formless Vitiate?

In addition, the realistic possibility of Vitiate consuming the Strike Team - not being entertained - is a clear example of bias of the self-proclaimed bias-free zealots here.

AncientPower
Vitiate wins, this specific incarnation is DE Sidious tier.

Stigma
Originally posted by AncientPower
Vitiate wins, this specific incarnation is DE Sidious tier.
DE Sidious cannot take RotS Sidious and Yoda and win LOL

Selenial
Originally posted by Stigma

AncientPower

Force Storm? Yeah neither of them are defending against that. Same for Vitiate's planet killing drain.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Those members who are mindlessly siding with the Strike Team, care to offer an explanation that how this Strike Team is supposed to defeat formless Vitiate?

In addition, the realistic possibility of Vitiate consuming the Strike Team - not being entertained - is a clear example of bias of the self-proclaimed bias-free zealots here.
Your post continue to be so ironic, that they should be recommended to people with iron deficiencies worldwide.

NTJack0
http://i.imgur.com/pdZFiYm.gif

FreshestSlice
laughing out loud

Selenial
Force Storm? Yeah neither of them are defending against that. Same for Vitiate's planet killing drain.

Lol at the idea that Vitiates drain could be instantly performed, or that a Force a Storm could.

AncientPower
A Ziost fed, full powered Vitiate certainly should be able to. Anakin Skywalker can also be possessed and used to defeat them.

Selenial
A Ziost fed, full powered Vitiate certainly should be able to. Anakin Skywalker can also be possessed and used to defeat them.

Baseless speculation, and since TP'ing Anakin wouldn't make a huge difference.

AncientPower
A weak spirit Vitiate had to feed off of many deaths to gain enough energy to perform his planet draining technique. How is it baseless speculation to assume that a physical Vitiate whom had just devoured an entire planet, an extremely powerful Dark Side nexus and a huge amount of Sith, can perform the same technique?

Anakin, the most powerful being in the history of the galaxy possessed by the second strongest Sith ever is going to make a monumental difference. Need I remind you what happened when Kyp Durron was possessed by Exar Kun? He achieved his full potential and near effortlessly defeated post-DE Luke.

FreshestSlice
The fact that Anakin is so powerful pretty much guarantees he's not being TP'd by Vitiate. And neither Yoda or Sidious are going to just sit there and watch while it happens either.

Selenial
A weak spirit Vitiate had to feed off of many deaths to gain enough energy to perform his planet draining technique. How is it baseless speculation to assume that a physical Vitiate whom had just devoured an entire planet, an extremely powerful Dark Side nexus and a huge amount of Sith, can perform the same technique?

Anakin, the most powerful being in the history of the galaxy possessed by the second strongest Sith ever is going to make a monumental difference. Need I remind you what happened when Kyp Durron was possessed by Exar Kun? He achieved his full potential and near effortlessly defeated post-DE Luke.

So what you're saying is, Nathema made no difference to the amount of time it would take, but Ziost would because reasons? Not to mention Vitiate had apparently devoured several planets before, and still could not do it instantly. And where is Spirit Vitiate ever seen to be "weak"? He was pretty damn powerful and still required an immense build up to actually perform the ritual.

And I'm confused what you expect Sidious and Yoda to do while Vitiate tries to TP Skywalker, because if he can manage it that is a huge effort and they would dice through Surro's body like no tomorrow.

AncientPower
Revan, Surro and the Hero without prep fell prey, now unless we think Revan is less mentally capable than Anakin is then Anakin is being possessed.

Beyond Drain and TP I think we need to take into account the summoning of Monoliths, especially those the size of the Colossal and the Worldbreaker, keeping in mind that these are unkillable sith spawn.

FreshestSlice
Revan and Malak started to break Vitiate's TP just as soon as they became powerful enough, well before either's prime. Why wouldn't Anakin, who you already said was more powerful, not be able to do the same? Why wouldn't either Yoda or Sidious be able to break it?

AncientPower
@Selenial, you are assuming that the ritual remained the same when things were blatantly different this time around. At Ziost it was made excessively clear that him absorbing the deaths he caused fueled his technique, well in this situation Vitiate has just ate a planet, a nexus and countless Sith.

AncientPower
Revan and Malak started to break Vitiate's TP just as soon as they became powerful enough, well before either's prime. Why wouldn't Anakin, who you already said was more powerful, not be able to do the same? Why wouldn't either Yoda or Sidious be able to break it?

The further away they got the harder it was for Vitiate to maintain. May I remind you that Revan as of the novel would have been unable to do the same without the technique he learned or later, without Meetra Surik's spiritual aid. Since when have Yoda and Sidious been able to de-possess others? Especially from a Sith this powerful?

Selenial
@Selenial, you are assuming that the ritual remained the same when things were blatantly different this time around. At Ziost it was made excessively clear that him absorbing the deaths he caused fueled his technique, well in this situation Vitiate has just ate a planet, a nexus and countless Sith.

There's nothing to suggest that, actually. He needed external power either way, he needed the Sith on Natheema just like he needed the populace of Ziost.

Not to mention a lot of Ziost was evacuated, so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea he drained countless Sith since they would have been prioritised. Finally, since the Nexus remained on Ziost years later, and the fact the Monoliths feed on the Dark Nexus still there, I entirely disagree with the idea that he "ate a nexus".

FreshestSlice
The further away they got the harder it was for Vitiate to maintain. May I remind you that Revan as of the novel would have been unable to do the same without the technique he learned or later, without Meetra Surik's spiritual aid.

What are you talking about? The technique didn't even work for the others( it was simply using the Dark and the Light sides of the Force, something Anakin already does), and Meetra had nothing to do with Revan resisting Vitiate's power. All she did was replenish his Force reserves. Revan's power allowed him to resist Vitiate. Anakin has far more power than Revan does.

It's not possession. It's telepathy. Far weaker than either have been able to block it's influences, so why can't someone who's confirmed to know all existent Force powers, which telepathy is one of, and one of the strongest Jedi of all time, stop this, especially when it takes time to accomplish on more powerful beings.

DarthAnt66
Why is Freshest comparing telepathic defense to raw power, lmfao.

Or Anakin's emotional instability to Revan's Force in Balance technique.

FreshestSlice
Because when the HoT faced Vitiate, he brought up "raw power" when determining whether to TP him or not. If I cared about fully powered Vitiate or thought that he was above anyone here, like you do, I'd care that he was weakened and act like that mattered to a significant degree. But I don't.

DarthAnt66
IIRC the quote was simply that the Hero was too powerful, not "raw power," lol. Quote me, please.

I'm not following you in the slightest - unless you think I think Vitiate can beat this team?

If so, then laughing out loud. That's pretty ****ing hilarious.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
IIRC the quote was simply that the Hero was too powerful, not "raw power," lol. Quote me, please.

Right, but as raw power rarely comes up in a sentence anywhere, I wouldn't expect it to be there. Not that it matters. Anakin has access to more power than the Hero as well. I wasn't talking about Revan's raw power either way, and clearly drew a distinction between pre-JCW Revan, who was able to be dominated, and post-JCW Revan who wasn't.

Quite the opposite, actually. While I acknowledge Vitiate was weakened during the final act of the HoT's story, I still think he's only comparable to the likes of Sidious or Yoda at full power. Whereas just a few days ago, you said Vitiate can solo any incarnation of Sidious, a stance I've never agreed with.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The fact that Anakin is so powerful pretty much guarantees he's not being TP'd by Vitiate.
The fact? As if Disney have issued a certification of Anakin Skywalker's infallibility to telepathic subjugation?

Breaking Anakin Skywalker wouldn't be so difficult for a Force-user who have demonstrated the capability to telepathically subjugate a planet's entire populace.

And neither Yoda or Sidious are going to just sit there and watch while it happens either.
They will be under assault too. Vitiate can attack multiple individuals simultaneously at a time.

Originally posted by Selenial
So what you're saying is, Nathema made no difference to the amount of time it would take, but Ziost would because reasons?
Difference is that Vitiate ravaged planet Ziost with his own power.

Not to mention Vitiate had apparently devoured several planets before,
And these are?

and still could not do it instantly.
Vitiate needs to attack only 3 individuals with his Force Drain powers in this contest. Why would this take time?

And where is Spirit Vitiate ever seen to be "weak"? He was pretty damn powerful and still required an immense build up to actually perform the ritual.
Vitiate had suffered a major setback from the events that took place prior to events on planet Yavin IV. He began to regain his strength from the events on planet Yavin IV, thanks to actions of Revan. Upon arriving on planet Ziost, Vitiate began to attack and feed on more individuals, with each successful attempt increasing his power.

Obsessed with achieving immortality, the Sith Emperor has targeted his own former subjects on the planet Ziost, with every death seemingly extending his dark power.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor)

And I'm confused what you expect Sidious and Yoda to do while Vitiate tries to TP Skywalker, because if he can manage it that is a huge effort and they would dice through Surro's body like no tomorrow.
They will be under assault too. Vitiate can attack multiple individuals simultaneously at a time.

Trocity
simultaneously at a time.

simultaneously at a time.

lmfao

S_W_LeGenD
lmfao
Yes, you dumb person with IQ of 10.

Here is an example:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138626/4619398-2902648846-6QFes.gif

Trocity
Lol.

AncientPower
Legend, 'simultaneously' means at the same time, he's laughing at your equivalent of a 'double negative'(e.g; irregardless).

FreshestSlice
The fact? As if Disney have issued a certification of Anakin Skywalker's infallibility to telepathic subjugation?

Breaking Anakin Skywalker wouldn't be so difficult for a Force-user who have demonstrated the capability to telepathically subjugate a planet's entire populace.

Why you mad, tho? That you need to bring Disney in to a Legends debate?

Beniboybling
Force Storm? Yeah neither of them are defending against that. Same for Vitiate's planet killing drain. Proof that Vitiate knows the Force storm technique? You can't just (erroneously) equate Vitiate with DE Sidious and then ascribe him his abilities.

Secondly on what basis are you assuming Vitiate's Force drain will be effective against them?

P.S. Yoda should be able to use Force light to purge Anakin of the Emperor's influence, assuming he's strong enough to dominate him, which is speculation.

Beniboybling
Anyway Team wins, both Yoda and Sidious know techniques that will be effective against Vitiate's spirit and Anakin can provide support against any Sith spawn he summons.

Sidious possesses the ability to "channel Sith spirits" and while we don't know exactly what that entails, it's probably similar to the Force walking technique which is essentially the channeling of spirits. In that way Sidious should be able to assault, drain and bind Vitiate.

Then we have Yoda who knows the Force light, an offensive power that withers entities of the dark side so that they can be destroyed. So it's basically a one-two punch, Yoda wears him down with Force light until he succumbs to Sidious and is devoured, while again Anakin covers them.

And when being assaulted in this manner Vitiate will probably be too entangled to perform any big attacks.

S_W_LeGenD
Why you mad, tho? That you need to bring Disney in to a Legends debate?
I am not mad. English words sometimes give the vibe of utter seriousness or hostility but this is not necessarily the intent behind them. If I am mad, I would use mad emoticon to highlight it.

---

Anakin Skywalker can be manipulated and influenced by telepathic powers. He isn't among the most resolute Jedi in the matters of mental fortitude.

As an example:

Palpatine conducted Sith rituals on Coruscant that radiated unnerving ripples in the Force, which caused anxiety among most Jedi throughout the galaxy, but also served to increase Anakin Skywalker's hunger for power.

Taken from Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

On the other hand:

The Emperor can wither and ruin even the strongest Jedi's connection to the light side.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic

The aforementioned revelation implies that even the likes of Master Yoda are not immune to telepathic powers of Vitiate.

Legend, 'simultaneously' means at the same time, he's laughing at your equivalent of a 'double negative'(e.g; irregardless).
I know.

My point is that Vitiate can attack multiple individuals with his powers at the same time.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Anyway Team wins, both Yoda and Sidious know techniques that will be effective against Vitiate's spirit and Anakin can provide support against any Sith spawn he summons.
Provide evidence.

Sidious possesses the ability to "channel Sith spirits" and while we don't know exactly what that entails, it's probably similar to the Force walking technique which is essentially the channeling of spirits. In that way Sidious should be able to assault, drain and bind Vitiate.
It is foolish to assume that Vitiate can be tackled like ordinary Sith spirits. If this was the case then Darth Nox would have done the deed on planet Ziost. Your assumption is ridiculous.

Then we have Yoda who knows the Force light, an offensive power that withers entities of the dark side so that they can be destroyed. So it's basically a one-two punch, Yoda wears him down with Force light until he succumbs to Sidious and is devoured, while again Anakin covers them.
Where is it stated that Yoda have been a practitioner of Force Light power?

Also, provide evidence of Force Light working on Vitiate.

And when being assaulted in this manner Vitiate will probably be too entangled to perform any big attacks.
The Strike Team needs to figure out how to contend with Vitiate first. They cannot defeat something that they cannot even sense or see.

Nephthys
The idea of Vitiate possessing Anakin isn't something I'd considered and I think it actually is a genuine avenue for victory. Considering that Anakin has no defense against this beyond Freshest's obvious horseshit, it's certainly in his power to do so (quite easily) and Anakin's power wielded by an actually competent force user could pose a threat even to Sidious and Yoda together.

Beniboybling
@Legend

We've already ridden this merry-go-round on your spite/'gayism' discussion thread, so I'll just jog your memory.Originally posted by Beniboybling
Correct. You're making a claim without proof *opens proverbial trashcan* - and there it goes.

I on the other hand, am reaching a logical conclusion, it's called deductive reasoning:

1. Wall of Light and Force Light powers are effective against spirits.
2. Vitiate is a spirit.
3. Wall of Light and Force Light powers are therefore effective against Vitiate.

You claimed Vitiate isn't a normal spirit. Prove it.
You claimed Wall of Light and Force Light are conventional powers. Prove it.The same logic can be used for Sidious' ability to channel spirits, as Vitiate is one, so I'd like those proofs in it's context as well. Have fun.

And for the record, Nox is not comparable to Sidious as a Force user, nor did he ever locate the Sith Emperor's spirit, so that's a moot point.Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The Strike Team needs to figure out how to contend with Vitiate first. They cannot defeat something that they cannot even sense or see. The OP didn't specify a location or scenario so I assumed the standard neutral terrain, several meters apart, and will continue to do so unless he states otherwise. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
@Legend

We've already ridden this merry-go-round on your spite/'gayism' discussion thread, so I'll just jog your memory.
Aside from speculations, you can offer nothing in your arguments regarding stopping formless incarnation of Vitiate.

The same logic can be used for Sidious' ability to channel spirits, as Vitiate is one, so I'd like those proofs in it's context as well. Have fun.
The ability to channel spirits implies what exactly?

And for the record, Nox is not comparable to Sidious as a Force user, nor did he ever locate the Sith Emperor's spirit, so that's a moot point.
This is a lame lowballing attempt. Darth Nox have demonstrated Dark Side talents that Darth Sidious haven't; Force Walking is a good example. Try again.

Locate Vitiate's spirit? Vitiate have 'directly' interacted with protagonists on several occasions.

RaN4hRy3L_Q

From 1:31 to 2:22

pak75IzjtXI

From 29:25 to 30:25

---

You can also notice how actual spirits (Force ghosts) are depicted in SWTOR content.

Example 1: Revan

http://i58.tinypic.com/csuhh.png

Example 2: Meetra Surik

http://i60.tinypic.com/33wrsck.jpg

In contrast, Vitiate appears to be utterly formless.

The OP didn't specify a location or scenario so I assumed the standard neutral terrain, several meters apart, and will continue to do so unless he states otherwise. thumb up
The OP mentioned formless incarnation of Vitiate.

Beniboybling
Aside from speculations, you can offer nothing in your arguments regarding stopping formless incarnation of Vitiate.A logical deduction is not speculation bro, there is no element of conjecture involved. I accept your concession.The ability to control/manipulate their power a la Force walking i.e. an effective means of dealing with a spirit.Except Sidious can channel spirits. So what exactly puts Nox in Sidious' league?
Appearing as a disembodied voice is not direct interaction, it is indirect, in none of those situations did Vitiate actually manifest before them and in fact his lack of appearance is pointed out several times.
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif

No he just did not appear before them, as you've proven by citing examples of what a direct manifestation looks like. You'll find its not the first time a spirit has manifested as a disembodied voice.

S_W_LeGenD
A logical deduction is not speculation bro, there is no element of conjecture involved.
It is not 'proven' that Force light power works on Vitiate. Get it?

I accept your concession.
Their will be no concession from me in the absence of evidence of options that have been officially established to be effective against formless incarnation of Vitiate.

The ability to control/manipulate their power a la Force walking i.e. an effective means of dealing with a spirit.
So according to you, Darth Sidious is a practitioner of Force Walking technique. If this is correct then what went wrong on Korriban?

Except Sidious can channel spirits. So what exactly puts Nox in Sidious' league?
FYI:

"The spirits of Korriban are quite real, on one occasion they nearly killed me." (Darth Sidious)

In contrast, Darth Nox succeeded at binding several spirits to himself.

Appearing as a disembodied voice is not direct interaction, it is indirect, in none of those situations did Vitiate actually manifest before them and in fact his lack of appearance is pointed out several times.
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif

No he just did not appear before them, as you've proven by citing examples of what a direct manifestation looks like. You'll find its not the first time a spirit has manifested as a disembodied voice.
So how the Strike Team is supposed to fight formless incarnation of Vitiate since he doesn't prefers to manifest himself like a person? Or maybe Vitiate is more complex then just being a typical spirit?

Selenial
No, it's not proven that Force Light works on Vitiate via an actual feat, it's proven by all encompassing canon statements.

You need to prove that Vitiate is somehow special enough to resist it, which you can't.

Beniboybling
It is not 'proven' that Force light power works on Vitiate. Get it?Correction. As Sel says there is no empirical proof Force light should be effective against Vitiate, but the logical proof I have provided is just as valid. Unless you're going to start claiming TK doesn't work on those we've never seen it used against before?

Don't get mad because you can't disprove my argument. thumb upCry all you like but the fact is you have no leg to stand on. And you're inability to provide a counter argument is a concession in itself.Key word being "nearly" - so looks like it turned out fine. Not that Nox has ever faced the spirit of a Dark Lord.Again assuming standard circumstances Vitiate would have manifested before them. And he'd likely have to if he wanted to bring the full extent of his powers to bear. If you don't like those rules make you're own thread.

Oh wait you did and it flopped laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
No, it's not proven that Force Light works on Vitiate via an actual feat, it's proven by all encompassing canon statements.

You need to prove that Vitiate is somehow special enough to resist it, which you can't.
I understand the presented arguments and reasoning, but it shall be kept in mind that Force Light have (not) been tested on targets that are comparable to Vitiate in power and capabilities.

Vitiate is an extraordinarily powerful Force-user and is expected to have considerable defensive abilities.

So far, Vitiate have not been stopped with use of Force powers in any situation.

S_W_LeGenD
Correction. As Sel says there is no empirical proof Force light should be effective against Vitiate, but the logical proof I have provided is just as valid. Unless you're going to start claiming TK doesn't work on those we've never seen it used against before?

Don't get mad because you can't disprove my argument. thumb up
Logical proof? Provide an example in which a target as powerful and capable as Vitiate have been destroyed with use of the referred power.

Cry all you like but the fact is you have no leg to stand on. And you're inability to provide a counter argument is a concession in itself.
You cannot prove my stance wrong in this topic.

Key word being "nearly" - so looks like it turned out fine.
Turned out fine? Darth Sidious ended-up mortally wounded from the referred encounter and was revived in a bacta tank afterwards. He did not manage to bind any spirit to himself.

Not that Nox has ever faced the spirit of a Dark Lord.
Lord Ergast?

Again assuming standard circumstances Vitiate would have manifested before them. And he'd likely have to if he wanted to bring the full extent of his powers to bear. If you don't like those rules make you're own thread.

Oh wait you did and it flopped laughing out loud
More assumptions.

Beniboybling
Logical proof? Provide an example in which a target as powerful and capable as Vitiate have been destroyed with use of the referred power.

You cannot prove my stance wrong in this topic.So your saying that the combined powers of Yoda and Sidious isn't enough to overcome Vitiate? On what basis?Have you got a source for that?Lord Ergast is not a Dark Lord of the Sith. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
So your saying that the combined powers of Yoda and Sidious isn't enough to overcome Vitiate? On what basis?
Depends upon the assumptions of the contest. If Vitiate possesses a sentient host, the referred duo might be capable of defeating it in a confrontation. However, this contest assumes disembodied Vitiate and it is officially stated that he cannot be restrained or destroyed by conventional means in this condition. In addition, neither Yoda and nor Sheev have demonstrated the capability to tackle disembodied threats and/or even confirmed to have proficiency in techniques that grant them a chance towards this end. I am simply pointing out the fact that disembodied Vitiate is a threat to the entire galaxy and possesses the capability to consume/kill any sentient Force-user, even in large numbers.

Have you got a source for that?
The Emperor's Pawns - Star Wars Gamer 5.

Lord Ergast is not a Dark Lord of the Sith. thumb up
Lord Ergast was a Sith Lord.

Dark Lord of the Sith and Sith Lord are same titles or have same meaning.

Beniboybling
Depends upon the assumptions of the contest. If Vitiate possesses a sentient host, the referred duo might be capable of defeating it in a confrontation. However, this contest assumes disembodied Vitiate and it is officially stated that he cannot be restrained or destroyed by conventional means in this condition. In addition, neither Yoda and nor Sheev have demonstrated the capability to tackle disembodied threats and/or even confirmed to have proficiency in techniques that grant them a chance towards this end. I am simply pointing out the fact that disembodied Vitiate is a threat to the entire galaxy and possesses the capability to consume/kill any sentient Force-user, even in large numbers.This is a different line of argument entirely, instead it's the same one you've been clinging desperately to from the beginning.

Yoda and Palpatine have abilities that can tackle disembodied forms, they are proficient in these techniques and you've failed to provide a scrap of credible evidence that suggests they will not be effective against Vitiate nor that Palpatine and Yoda are not strong enough to defeat him.

You're boring me, find some proof to the contrary and come back when you have. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif Are you seriously telling me you don't know what a Dark Lord of the Sith is?

Stigma
Either Yoda or Sidious can solo.

Team stomps tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
This is a different line of argument entirely, instead it's the same one you've been clinging desperately to from the beginning.
It is the crux of my argument.

Yoda and Palpatine have abilities that can tackle disembodied forms, they are proficient in these techniques and you've failed to provide a scrap of credible evidence that suggests they will not be effective against Vitiate nor that Palpatine and Yoda are not strong enough to defeat him.
Once again, these talents are?

1. Yoda is not officially confirmed to be a master of Force Light technique.
2. Sheev is not officially confirmed to be a master of Force Walking technique.
3. Force Light and Force Walking techniques are not officially established as options that are effective against a disembodied threat as powerful, capable, and dangerous as Vitiate.

Your concession is due.

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif Are you seriously telling me you don't know what a Dark Lord of the Sith is?
Sith Lord.

Zenwolf
Legend mind giving me a page number on that quote you just put out?

Cause I'm reading Gamer 5 ow and see no such quote.

Selenial
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/784026808.gif Are you seriously telling me you don't know what a Dark Lord of the Sith is?

The titles were interchangeable during the Sith Empire's reign, Beni. Technically he's not wrong.

Beniboybling

It is the crux of my argument.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI1. Yoda has has 800 years to study the Force, is Grandmaster of the Jedi Order and described as the greatest champion of the light the dark side has ever known. Several Jedi Knights and Masters under his tenure had mastered this technique, of course he is capable of it.

2. He is a confirmed master of channeling spirits, I merely referred to Force walking as a means of understanding how this technique might work. Fact is though he can channel the power of spirits so he can drain Vitiate's power. thumb up

3. And they haven't been established as ineffective either, so why should I care? roll eyes (sarcastic)

This charade has gone on long enough. Go educate yourself:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_of_the_SithOriginally posted by Selenial
The titles were interchangeable during the Sith Empire's reign, Beni. Technically he's not wrong. Pretty sure it was clear cut in ancient times.

However technically isn't what I'm getting at here.

S_W_LeGenD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI
erm

1. Yoda has has 800 years to study the Force, is Grandmaster of the Jedi Order and described as the greatest champion of the light the dark side has ever known. Several Jedi Knights and Masters under his tenure had mastered this technique, of course he is capable of it.
It isn't necessary for Master Yoda to be a master of every (Light Side) power known to the Jedi. Even if he is supposed to have knowledge of Force Light power, it's effectiveness against an entity as powerful as Vitiate remains in question or in doubt.

If various possibilities and assumptions are to be considered, then TOR-era Jedi may also have been practitioners of Force Light power since it is an ancient power. They may have used it against Vitiate on planet Ziost, only to find out that it didn't work on such a foe.

2. He is a confirmed master of channeling spirits, I merely referred to Force walking as a means of understanding how this technique might work. Fact is though he can channel the power of spirits so he can drain Vitiate's power. thumb up
I am not sure how you are making a connection between channeling spirits and Force-walking power. We don't even know what channeling spirits implies; not useful in a confrontation, I guess, since Sheev's encounter with spirits on Korriban turned out to be disastrous for him.

"Drain Vitiate's power" is a lame point, energy can be siphoned from spirits but this doesn't compromises them. If some unknown spirits can mortally wound Sidious, imagine what Vitiate can do to him since he destroyed an entire world.

3. And they haven't been established as ineffective either, so why should I care? roll eyes (sarcastic)
You need to provide evidence that the referred powers (i.e. Force Light and Force-walking) can be effective against a foe like Vitiate. Otherwise, your argument has no merit.

As I pointed out earlier with an example; if Force-walking power could work on Vitiate, Darth Nox would have attempted this on him. However, authorial intent is different.

This charade has gone on long enough. Go educate yourself:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_of_the_SithPretty sure it was clear cut in ancient times.

However technically isn't what I'm getting at here.
Sith Lord can be a Darth or the Emperor.

As an example, Darth Sidious is a Sith Lord.

Zenwolf
Legend, can I get that page number of that quote in Gamer 5? Because I'm not seeing it.

Trocity
You can't win a "debate" with someone who refuses to believe anyone and anything can defeat Vitiate.

I strongly suggest not bothering to reply to him anymore, just sit back and lol at his bias and poor grasp of the English language.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Legend, can I get that page number of that quote in Gamer 5? Because I'm not seeing it.
I noticed the citation on Wookieepedia. I am trying to access this source, but so far not have been able to. I will look into it, if I get the chance, and alert you.

Selenial
You can't win a "debate" with someone who refuses to believe anyone and anything can defeat Vitiate.

I strongly suggest not bothering to reply to him anymore, just sit back and lol at his bias and poor grasp of the English language.

"Never argue with stupid people, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Or if you prefer things in meme form...

http://i.imgur.com/zcVzTWh.jpeg

Trocity
LOL!

The meme description is f***ing perfect.

S_W_LeGenD
Red herring.

If winning the debate is the objective, then I am at liberty to make such an effort as well. Or you assume that only other members are at liberty to win in debates with me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unlike you, Beni is a debater and will likely remain so. Whether we reach an understanding on this debate or not, we at-least had a debate. This is better then trolling and insulting others.

If you find my poor grasp of English language offensive, nobody is forcing you to respond to my posts.

"Never argue with stupid people, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Or if you prefer things in meme form...

http://i.imgur.com/zcVzTWh.jpeg
Another red herring.

For hypothetical scenarios, we make assumptions. We may never know how a confrontation between Vitiate and Sheev and/or Yoda may turn out at official capacity. Vitiate might smoke them or not.

So assuming that fans of Sheev/Yoda are sane and always correct but others are stupid, is really pathetic.

Zenwolf
I noticed the citation on Wookieepedia. I am trying to access this source, but so far not have been able to. I will look into it, if I get the chance, and alert you.

I have the source, I don't see that quote though. All the article talks about is Palpatine's Hands.

Trocity
This is better then trolling and insulting others.

than*

Would you like some lessons? I won't charge you much.

Stigma
LeGenD is a true legend.

AncientPower
Proof that Vitiate knows the Force storm technique? You can't just (erroneously) equate Vitiate with DE Sidious and then ascribe him his abilities.

Secondly on what basis are you assumi�ng Vitiate's Force drain will be effective against them?

P.S. Yoda should be able to use Force light to purge Anakin of the Emperor's influence, assumi�ng he's strong enough to dominate him, which is speculation.

I made no such claim, please read the entire conversation.

On what basis can you claim it would be ineffective? It's a drain as powerful as that displayed by Nihilus, unless you are going to claim Yoda is more powerful than hundreds of Jedi Masters combined, you have no basis.

Force light which we've never seen him use nevermind master, Anakin's power is irrelevant, his willpower however is the game changer.

quanchi112
LeGenD is a true legend. Irony.

AncientPower
With his incorporeal status, Force Drain, telepathy, possession and Monoliths i think spirit Vitiate is only defeated by the likes of DE Sidious and FOTJ Luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.