MARVEL'S TRINITY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
As we all now know Marvel is going throu a big change this year and its about to begin a new era, so it got me thinking about (Marvels Trinity) if it exist or not, but It's an interesting concept to think about. We already know who makes up DC's Trinity and whether you like them or hate them, you tend to respect them for what they are and represent to the DCU and its heroes.

Got me thinking about Marvel's version, Well the "big three" were classically Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America, but now I think it might not apply going forward on to the new era as Marvel goes, but even some have said that The Marvel universe has 3 main superhero teams that are their staples and who without them things will fall apart. They are what keep Marvel alive since they're the ones who have always been around to inspire the younger generations of heroes and the common people.

( I think Tony Starks said it best )

"The Avengers avenge. The X-men defend. And the Fantastic Four explore."

( Green Arrow had a quote himself )

the "JSA" teaches you how to be a hero, the "Titans" teach how to be a family and the "League" teachs you how to fight!

All important storylines have always revolved around one or all 3 of these massively important teams.

The Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-men are or were Marvel's Trinity in someway as well, but it also made me think of who would be the 3 heroes most likely to represent the Marvel Universe going forward, as ambassadors to the Marvel Universe as a whole like Cap, Tony and Thor did before. If keeping with tradition and keeping Cap, Tony and Thor in place is your choice that being fine too, as its your opinion in the matter.

So here's the challenge. Pick a hero going on to modern day Marvel that you feel will be essential to the Marvel Universe, and as such a place as one of Marvel's Trinity as Marvel heads into its new era.

Alright. Now it's time tell us your opinions.

Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..

Crusher Creel

Vs

Wrecker

riv6672
My opinion is, Cap, Thor, and IM are the Trinity.
As for a hero who will be essential to the new era MU? I'd say Blue Marvel, though i dont see him replacing any of the Trinity, certainly not Cap.

Supermex
Originally posted by riv6672
My opinion is, Cap, Thor, and IM are the Trinity.
As for a hero who will be essential to the new era MU? I'd say Blue Marvel, though i dont see him replacing any of the Trinity, certainly not Cap.

I like your pick of Blue Marvel, Riv! Give 3 heroes who you believe will be essential to the new era of MU? Is what I'm looking forsmile

Or do you think Cap, Thor and Iron Man would still hold in place in the new era of MU?

Supermex
Going into the new era, I got ( Peter Parker ) Spider-man on the list as part of the new MU Trinity if it shapes out like that.

Supermex
In Marvels past they have always seem to have had 2 sets of "Trinities"

The three biggest heroes in the Marvel universe, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor and then you got the three most popular in Marvel universe, Wolverine, Hulk and Spider-Man.. All 6 of course pending on diffrence of opinions of course.

But will that hold in the new era or do you make changes due to how the new era shapes out?

But yup I got Spider-man (Peter Parker) as 1 of the 3 going into the new era dus far..

carver9
Supermex, where you been at. You're not on as much. Is everything ok?

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9

I'm all good Carvsmile thanks for asking..

I just been working alot as of late..
I have been browsing here but just not posting as much for the moment, but will restart again soon.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9

Reported for going off topic.

Supermex
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Reported for going off topic.

lol Dorksaint!! Good one!

riv6672
Originally posted by Supermex
I like your pick of Blue Marvel, Riv! Give 3 heroes who you believe will be essential to the new era of MU? Is what I'm looking forsmile

Or do you think Cap, Thor and Iron Man would still hold in place in the new era of MU?
Thanks, and yes, i think those three characters will still be essential.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Marvel's Trinity imo

Spiderman (Batman)
Hulk (Superman)
Wolverine (Wonder Woman) Or Ironman

leonidas
the trinity is a tough question. spidey for sure, and hulk imo. the third one is a toss up. if it's wide open i'd say the FF would be the third part, but if we need a single character....hmm, prolly thor.

incidentally creel wrecks. no expression

funny thing is--there isn't a woman hero even CLOSE to being considered in marvel imo... that's kinda sad given how long the company has been around now.

Supermex
Going into the new era in Marvel I got Peter Parker, Iron Man and Old Man Logan ahead of the pack..

I hope Blue Marvel and Capt.Marvel get the push to get 2 of them slots..

celeyhyga17
Trinity imo Cap, Iron Man, Thor
Most popular - Spidey, Wolverine, Iron Man(then Cap or Thor)

Hulk is probably next down the line.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
the trinity is a tough question. spidey for sure, and hulk imo. the third one is a toss up. if it's wide open i'd say the FF would be the third part, but if we need a single character....hmm, prolly thor.

funny thing is--there isn't a woman hero even CLOSE to being considered in marvel imo... that's kinda sad given how long the company has been around now.
They're trying hard to atone nowadays.. stick out tongue

carver9

This.

riv6672
^^^That?

No, this.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Trinity imo Cap, Iron Man, Thor
Most popular - Spidey, Wolverine, Iron Man(then Cap or Thor)

Hulk is probably next down the line.

If we're looking at a popularity contest its one thing. If we're looking at things as if they were "real" its going to be Cap, Thor, and IM all day.

carver9
Your opinion

riv6672
You're right.

Blue Area Vet
I'm scared of the answer. **** you Marvel!!

zopzop
IMHO, it USED to be Jean. But Marvel killed her off for good and now there's no one. They try to shove Carol Danvers down our throats but most people ain't buyin' it.

Blue Area Vet
Well, Gamora retained her upgrade so far.

JayDaDon
Its cap thor and Iron man. They push that forward as the trinity every chance they get. In terms of popularity? It will never line up for marvel like it did for DC. But thanks to the movies the trinity is not lacking popularity

riv6672
The movies really helped, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.