The Revenant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The frontiersman, Hugh Glass, who in the 1820s set out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead after a bear mauling

jeeqKIFt63w

Time-Immemorial
Leo is always good

Zack M
That looks awesome. One of most anticipated late this year.

Robtard
Been waiting for this.

Time-Immemorial
Gangs of New York meets Mad Max.

Robtard
Has a very Jeremiah Johnson (1972) feel to me. Mountain Man set on a course of revenge.

BruceSkywalker
fan of both.. can't wait

marwash22
this is what Calvin Candie was up to before he got into business of owning humans?

Patient_Leech
This should be excellent. Trailer is very cool. I didn't realize Tom Hardy is in it, too.

Kazenji
The Revenant's final scene remains unshot; DiCaprio's dialogue is minimal

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-revenants-final-scene-remains-unshot-dicaprios-dialogue-is-minimal-149

dynamix
looks dope!

Flyattractor
Heavy Breathing The Movie.

Looks watchable but not for the price of a theater ticket. This can wait for Netflix or at best Blu-Ray.

Kazenji
Fp4MQSGFj-M

Robtard
I'll likely be there opening night.

quanchi112
By opening night he means on the internet because Robbie doesn't pay for movies. Deadbeat.

Zack M
Originally posted by Robtard
I'll likely be there opening night.

thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
By opening night he means on the internet because Robbie doesn't pay for movies. Deadbeat.

Still upset at me because you blew your monthly movie allowance on that crapfest "Green Inferno". You need to stop blaming me for your shitty life and the shitty choices you make. Man up, manlet.

Seriously, what made you think "I want to go see that in the theater!" after watching the preview? LoL!

quanchi112
Still upset at me because you blew your monthly movie allowance on that crapfest "Green Inferno". You need to stop blaming me for your shitty life and the shitty choices you make. Man up, manlet.

Seriously, what made you think "I want to go see that in the theater!" after watching the preview? LoL! I know you have to carefully plan what you can afford what films you can watch but I just go see many films. I'm not some deadbeat like you.

Robtard
Stop lying, you live at home still and don't even help with the bills, loser.

quanchi112
Stop lying, you live at home still and don't even help with the bills, loser. Says the guy who has to have family meetings to discuss what movies they can go see due to being without the finer things in life. Best of luck, chap.

Robtard
"Mom! Strawberry Poptart, I need a strawberry Poptart, I'm playing Zelda on the Wii!" -quanchi112

quanchi112
"Mom! Strawberry Poptart, I need a strawberry Poptart, I'm playing Zelda on the Wii!" -quanchi112 So that's a day in the life of robtard in a nutshell. Thanks for sharing.

Zack M
"Mom! Strawberry Poptart, I need a strawberry Poptart, I'm playing Zelda on the Wii!" -quanchi112

laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
Saw the new trailer for this. Looks fu#king awesome.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Saw the new trailer for this. Looks fu#king awesome. Looks quite brutal.

jaden101
Noticed in the trailer that Tom Hardy sounds almost exactly like Jeff Bridges in True Grit. If they ever need a young Rooster Cogburn he's the man to go to.

Robtard
He'll have his roster full, apparently Jackman said he thinks Hardy should take on the mantle of Wolverine/Logan once he ****s off after one more "Wolverine" film.

Robtard
Watched this tonight at home, very good film, the story is pretty much what you expect, but the cinematography is top-shelf and DiCaprio was great again, guy can express himself and a setting well with just facial expressions.

Would expect this to be up for several awards. Am considering seeing it again in theaters when it's released around me.

Patient_Leech
Watched this tonight at home, very good film, the story is pretty much what you expect, but the cinematography is top-shelf and DiCaprio was great again, guy can express himself and a setting well with just facial expressions.

Would expect this to be up for several awards. Am considering seeing it again in theaters when it's released around me.

Are there lots of long takes without cuts again like there were in Birdman? Loved that shit..

jaden101

Send me it you mad blow hole

Arachnid1
Originally posted by jaden101
Send me it you mad blow hole x2

PM that shit you stingy knobslobber

Robtard
Are there lots of long takes without cuts again like there were in Birdman? Loved that shit..

Only watched a small bit of Birdman, but yes, seemed to have a similar style to the intro. Long panning shots at times.

The Nuul
I started to watch this because I think that Leo and Tom will be excellent, as well as the director. But some how I stopped it because it was getting too boring.

Robbie, is this a slow film? I still want to watch it.

also the DVD screeners are out.

Robtard
It has slow moments, but they all tie in with the protagonist's struggle. I felt the slow was well balanced out with the pivotal scenes.

Yeah, tis the season for screeners. Loving it.

Patient_Leech
Only watched a small bit of Birdman, but yes, seemed to have a similar style to the intro. Long panning shots at times.
Hell yes, I highly look forward to watching this. Plus, I read Leo bit into some animal's real liver... sick That sounds sexy.

CPT Space Bomb
Hell yes, I highly look forward to watching this. Plus, I read Leo bit into some animal's real liver... sick That sounds sexy. It sounds gross lol. I hate liver, can't imagine trying to eat it raw...

quanchi112
I'll see it in the theatre and won't cheat the company like Robbie.

Robtard
Save your mom's money, quano, you won't enjoy this, there are no huge explosions and it isn't mindless-action driven

quanchi112
Save your mom's money, quano, you won't enjoy this, there are no huge explosions and it isn't mindless-action driven Well you loved Mad max which was mindless action. That's your thing. I actually pay to see films I don't pirate and hurt the movie industry.

Robtard
Well you loved Mad max which was mindless action. That's your thing. I actually pay to see films I don't pirate and hurt the movie industry.

I'd never pre book this shitty film. I still kinda want to sneak in on a weekday.

*points* *laughs*

Esau Cairn
I'll see it in the theatre and won't cheat the company like Robbie.

Please Rob, for the sake of the movie industry, give up your pirate life.

Patient_Leech
Dammit, I want to see this, but don't want to spend outrageous theater prices. Might wait for cheap theater.

Esau Cairn
Dammit, I want to see this, but don't want to spend outrageous theater prices. Might wait for cheap theater.

What's the average price of a movie ticket over there?
That's one of the reasons I have the patience to wait for DVD these days.
2 Adult tickets plus snacks can hit $60+ here.
Kinda puts you in a bad mood through out the feature.

Khazra Reborn
I don't understand this pirate mentality... If you can't pay for something, then you don't get said item.

I don't know where people get their sense of entitlement these days.

dadudemon
Saw it. It was good. Decent.

7 out of 10?

It drags on and gets very unbelievable how he can survive the bear attack (its in the effing previews, that's not a spoiler).

But what I didn't like about the preview for the film is it clearly shows the main character's son being killed.

What the **** is left to discover about a film when the preview:

1. Shows that the main source of conflict from nature is the main character is mauled by a bear.
2. The other main source of conflict is between the main character and the antagonist because the antagonist kills the protagonist's son?

That's literally the entire plot of the film. Even my GF said the plot was very thin and she only watches films for mindless entertainment (she doesn't really care about most aspects of film making and film entertainment...she just watches to be entertained for 2 hours).

DeCap. delivers some good acting, of course. Movie seemed a bit boring, at times, though. Seemed like some scenes could have been 1/5 of the length they were. If I had the time, I'd recut the film. It would be about 40 minutes long. haha

quanchi112
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't understand this pirate mentality... If you can't pay for something, then you don't get said item.

I don't know where people get their sense of entitlement these days. I am glad you also find Rob's actions despicable. He hurts the movie industry.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by dadudemon
Saw it. It was good. Decent.

7 out of 10?

It drags on and gets very unbelievable how he can survive the bear attack (its in the effing previews, that's not a spoiler).

Pretty sure this movie is based on a actual account of Hugh Glass even though the movie exaggerates details here and there.

Agreed with the rest of your post even though my enjoyment of the movie was unhindered by the pacing which I think the cinematography certainly helped on the front.

Robtard
I am glad you also find Rob's actions despicable. He hurts the movie industry.

I am going to do this to prove a point. I'll sneak in and they won't get a cent from me. Unlike you I'm clever.

I'd never pre book this shitty film. I still kinda want to sneak in on a weekday.

laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Pretty sure this movie is based on a actual account of Hugh Glass even though the movie exaggerates details here and there.

Agreed with the rest of your post even though my enjoyment of the movie was unhindered by the pacing which I think the cinematography certainly helped on the front.

Oh, look! An on-topic post!

The music was decent, too, I noticed.

I really really really hoped that his son didn't really get killed...I mean, come ON, this guy has already had everything precious taken from him. And his boy was the last bit of happiness he had left on earth. I guess that's why he is motivated to get revenge...he had nothing left to live for.

Robtard
Little known fact, Glass went back and adopted the cubs, raised them as his own while exposing them to their native bear culture.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
What's the average price of a movie ticket over there?
That's one of the reasons I have the patience to wait for DVD these days.
2 Adult tickets plus snacks can hit $60+ here.
Kinda puts you in a bad mood through out the feature.

I don't know where people get their sense of entitlement these days.

Well, the cheapest theater in town I can get a matinee for $8/person. So that's not so bad, but who has time during the day? Regular tickets at night are about $11 or $12. IMAX is $18/ticket. And they also just opened a new luxury cinema here in town with fancy seats and they sell beer, $12/ticket for non-3D. $15 for 3D. And it would appear some increased prices for fancier seats. I haven't been to it yet. Seems unnecessary. I'd be afraid of falling asleep if I got too comfortable.. heh.

I just have been spending so much money with a new house and renovations and such. The new Tarantino flick and this just have come at the wrong time. It's not often that there are 2 flicks currently playing that I really want to see, heh. Ordinarily I would just fork out the $$ and go see them. But right now I might wait for the cheap theater.

dadudemon
Little known fact, Glass went back and adopted the cubs, raised them as his own while exposing them to their native bear culture.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar73571_52.gif

Robtard
thumb up

quanchi112
laughing out loud That was a joke. You pirate films left and right. You're a criminal.

steverules_2
That was a joke. You pirate films left and right. You're a criminal.

Cuz he stole your heart wink

Khazra Reborn
Well, the cheapest theater in town I can get a matinee for $8/person. So that's not so bad, but who has time during the day? Regular tickets at night are about $11 or $12. IMAX is $18/ticket. And they also just opened a new luxury cinema here in town with fancy seats and they sell beer, $12/ticket for non-3D. $15 for 3D. And it would appear some increased prices for fancier seats. I haven't been to it yet. Seems unnecessary. I'd be afraid of falling asleep if I got too comfortable.. heh.

I just have been spending so much money with a new house and renovations and such. The new Tarantino flick and this just have come at the wrong time. It's not often that there are 2 flicks currently playing that I really want to see, heh. Ordinarily I would just fork out the $$ and go see them. But right now I might wait for the cheap theater.

I feel ya, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for a movie to show at a discount theater. I just get annoyed when people pirate every movie they watch, then they wonder why film quality has gone down in the last 10 years, and why nobody is willing to stray very far outside of the verified "success models".

Back on topic though, I loved this movie the cinematography was amazing, Leo was great despite his limited dialogue, as was Tom Hardy.

quanchi112
I feel ya, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for a movie to show at a discount theater. I just get annoyed when people pirate every movie they watch, then they wonder why film quality has gone down in the last 10 years, and why nobody is willing to stray very far outside of the verified "success models".

Back on topic though, I loved this movie the cinematography was amazing, Leo was great despite his limited dialogue, as was Tom Hardy. I hope Robbie is reading this.

Robtard
That was a joke.

You pirate films left and right.

You're a criminal.

Liar.

Wrong.

IOW: "When I steal, it's different!" -quanchi112

quanchi112
Liar.

Wrong.

IOW: "When I steal, it's different!" -quanchi112 I was kidding but you consistently and routinely pirate. You make us moviegoers sick.

Robtard
Leo won the Golden Globe last night. Was happy to see that, even thought it's not as prestigious as an Oscar.

Patient_Leech
Leo won the Golden Globe last night. Was happy to see that, even thought it's not as prestigious as an Oscar.

Yeah, Oscars sure are prestigious. So prestigious in fact that black people aren't eligible... lol

Okay, so this movie was effing amazing. But was it just me or was Leo's character, Glass, a bit too indestructible? I mean, mauled by a bear, drifted down rapids, dodged bullets, fell off a cliff. And that broken foot/leg would not have been so easy to get back up onto. Just saying.

But yeah, phenomenal movie. Loved it.

Esau Cairn
Is there a "supernatural" element to Leo's character or just simply the will to survive.

I just remember another movie years ago, small budget, with the same title.
Guy comes back from the dead like an indestructible zombie seeking revenge...

Kazenji
Just simply the will to survive.

Bentley
Well you loved Mad max which was awesome cinematography, action with great aesthetics and overall superior film-making.

Fixed it for you thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.