Australia Declares War on Feral Cats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
Australian officials say that feral cats are responsible for 27 or 28 species of mammals going extinct in that country. So, they've decided to try and get rid of millions of them:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/07/17/australia-declares-war-on-feral-cats/21210729/

As someone who owns 4 cats and has loved kitties of all kinds for more than 15 years this saddens me. I know I can't blame them for declaring war on these feline predators who've killed off so many species and are threatening even more but it's not the cats' fault. They have to eat something. It's the irresponsible people who get cats and never properly take care of them or get them fixed and then abandon them who is to blame here. Why bother getting a pet if you're not going to properly care for it?

Still... I wish there was some way they could control the cats or capture them instead of having to get rid of'em. I realize that's unrealistic though.

jaden101
My money is on the cats. America said they have WMD'S they can use against Sydney within 18 minutes.

Time-Immemorial
They should encourage the indigenous population to change their diet to felion.

FinalAnswer
I'm sure it'll goes as well as the last war they've waged on an animal.

riv6672
Much as i hate cats, yeah, its not their fault. They do what every animal (including humans) does to survive, whatever they have to.
That said...lock and load.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.