Sarasu Taalon vs. Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place in Abeloth's cave.

Who wins?

SunRazer
Pre-Pool Sarasu?

Emperordmb
Post Pool Taalon utterly stomps.

Had he completed his transformation, he likely would've been the most powerful Sith ever tbh.

NewGuy01
He wouldn't really have been a Sith at all.

Selenial
I always wanted to know for sure what he would have turned into. I know it was supposed to be the next Abeloth, but logically he should have become The Daughter, no?

I feel like that Dark Side Energy she fed him was what actually sealed his fate tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He wouldn't really have been a Sith at all.
No matter what Vitiate becomes, some still regard him as a Sith. Why this case is different?

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
No matter what Vitiate becomes, some still regard him as a Sith. Why this case is different?

Because he would have become an Anchorite and about 100x more powerful than Vitiate.

Jesus Christ you'll use anything to wank that guy, won't you.

DarthAnt66
Eh, Taalon would still only be around Abeloth level (well, inferior actually, for he only bathed in the Pool of Knowledge), not quite the Daughter/Son/Father level.

Don't forget that the Ones, even before bathing in the pools, were already like immortal beings, IIRC. But nevertheless, he would be well and well beyond Vitiate, yeah.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Eh, Taalon still would only be Abeloth level (well, inferior actually, for he only bathed in the Pool of Knowledge), not quite the Daughter/Son/Father level.

Don't forget that the Ones, even before bathing in the pools, were already like immortal beings, IIRC. But nevertheless, he would be well and well beyond Vitiate, yeah.

I'm pretty sure the One's weren't Force Sensitive before they bathed in the Font of Power or the Pool of Knowledge, so really he should be Daughter level. They were however immortal.

It's weird tbh. Doesn't really make sense for them to be so powerful and immortal before being Force Sensitive, but that's what the stories imply.

DarthAnt66
Where do the stories suggest that? I was under the impression they were already like, Celestial-level beings in their own right, and probably had godlike powers even before their transformation. Beings like Abeloth of Sarasu Taalon were corrupted by the energies of the pool since they were simply mortals and couldn't fully control all that knowledge and power. I doubt anyone could - not even telepathic resistance beasts like Revan (who went into unconsciousness when simply all his lost memories flooded back to him. If it was like, all the knowledge of history for all of eternity, past and future, Revan too would be utterly twisted). Even if its not exactly "the Force" they wielded (throwback to Bedlam Spirits), they were still beings on clearly a different playing field than anyone else the galaxy had ever seen if they were able to become purified, not corrupted, by the energies.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Selenial
Because he would have become an Anchorite and about 100x more powerful than Vitiate.

Jesus Christ you'll use anything to wank that guy, won't you.
I have noticed a double-standard in this matter.

Vitiate - in latest content - is no longer regarded as the Sith Emperor and is a threat to both Sith and Jedi Orders. However, some members still identify him as a Sith Lord because they want to stick to the assumption that Sheev is relatively superior.

An Anchorite is 100x more powerful then Vitiate? Over-reaching much? Vitiate have best feats in the mythos FYI.

DarthAnt66
Vitiate - in latest content - is no longer regarded as the Sith Emperor and is a threat to both Sith and Jedi Orders. However, some members still identify him as a Sith Lord because they want to stick to the assumption that Sheev is relatively superior.
NGL, this is actually true. thumb up

An anchorite is 100x more powerful then Vitiate? Over-reaching much? Vitiate have best feats in the mythos FYI.

Destroying the universe versus destroying Ziost. mmm

Selenial
Where do the stories suggest that? I was under the impression they were already like, Celestial-level beings in their own right, and probably had godlike powers even before their transformation. Beings like Abeloth of Sarasu Taalon were corrupted by the energies of the pool since they were simply mortals and couldn't fully control all that knowledge and power. I doubt anyone could - not even telepathic resistance beasts like Revan (who went into unconsciousness when simply all his lost memories flooded back to him. If it was like, all the knowledge of history for all of eternity, past and future, Revan too would be utterly twisted). Even if its not exactly "the Force" they wielded (throwback to Bedlam Spirits), they were still beings on clearly a different playing field than anyone else the galaxy had ever seen if they were able to become purified, not corrupted, by the energies.

Well it's just the story of how the battle between the Son and the Daughter began, really. If they were force users before, they would have chosen their paths already, long before they bathed in either font. But no, they'd lived together peacefully until the Son found a source of power and the Daughter used another in the attempt to stop him.

If they were Force Users before that, one would have expected the Son to choose the path of Darkness, or at least be a Dark Force User long before the Font of Power ever became known to him.

But then again, we really don't know much about the Celestials as it is. We also don't know if the Ones were descendants of the Celestials or actually Celestials themselves. It's said by the Killiks that the Celestials merged with the Force, so perhaps what we see of the Font of Power and the Pool of Knoweldge is what remained of the Species becoming one with the force.

TL;DR: We have never, ever got concrete information on anything. It just makes the most sense to me that they weren't force users pre Font/Pool.

S_W_LeGenD
NGL, this is actually true. thumb up
smile

Destroying the universe versus destroying Ziost. mmm
erm

Anchorites never destroyed the Universe.

S_W_LeGenD
Celestials are beings of astonishing power, per an official source. However, Rakatans somehow overwhelmed them.

DarthAnt66
Well it's just the story of how the battle between the Son and the Daughter began, really. If they were force users before, they would have chosen their paths already, long before they bathed in either font. But no, they'd lived together peacefully until the Son found a source of power and the Daughter used another in the attempt to stop him.

If they were Force Users before that, one would have expected the Son to choose the path of Darkness, or at least be a Dark Force User long before the Font of Power ever became known to him.

But then again, we really don't know much about the Celestials as it is. We also don't know if the Ones were descendants of the Celestials or actually Celestials themselves. It's said by the Killiks that the Celestials merged with the Force, so perhaps what we see of the Font of Power and the Pool of Knoweldge is what remained of the Species becoming one with the force.

TL;DR: We have never, ever got concrete information on anything. It just makes the most sense to me that they weren't force users pre Font/Pool.

Eh, the fact the Son found a source of power doesn't really mean he wasn't already dark-side aligned. They could live in peace as their opposite powers constantly cancelled out the other. Except now the Son's new source of power took it onto a playing field neither the Father or the Daughter could stop, and they had to intervene by getting on that playing field to balance out the darkness. Ultimately though, it is all speculation. I like to believe though, for story's sake, that the One's, the literal gods of Star Wars, are not only powerful because they jumped into a pool. And, if Canon is anything to go by, Lucas seemed to have wanted the vibe they ruled supreme for all of eternity.

They had the power to.

Selenial
Celestials are beings of astonishing power, per an official source. However, Rakatans somehow overwhelmed them.

Doesn't mean anything.

They had the technology to move planets, for all we know quotes like that refer to their technological advantage over every subsequent race.

S_W_LeGenD
They had the power too.
Not demonstratively. And I don't believe it either.

If Abeloth represents the measuring yardstick for Anchorites, she didn't had the power to destroy the Universe. Heck, she was stated to not be able to take on the entire Jedi Order.

DarthAnt66
Not demonstratively. And I don't believe it either.
You don't believe the Father: the predecessor of the Chosen One, the most powerful being in galactic history, a man who lived for millions of years, and had a literal omniscient view of the galaxy?

laughing out loud

If Abeloth represents the measuring yardstick for Anchorites, she didn't had the power to destroy the Universe. Heck, she was stated to not be able to take on the entire Jedi Order.
Good thing she isn't the measuring yardstick for the Anchorites then.

Also, Abeloth was certainly powerful enough to take on the Jedi Order. erm

S_W_LeGenD
You don't believe the Father: the predecessor of the Chosen One, the most powerful being in galactic history, a man who lived for millions of years, and had a literal omniscient view of the galaxy?

laughing out loud
And he would never lie?

He was dying and was becoming desperate for a suitable replacement.

Good thing she isn't the measuring yardstick for the Anchorites then.

Also, Abeloth was certainly powerful enough to take on the Jedi Order. erm
Abeloth single-handedly subdued both Son and Daughter in a confrontation. wink

And;

She would be opposed down to the final breath, the last drop of blood, of nearly every Jedi in the galaxy. And in that battle, even so ancient and powerful a being as Abeloth could not stand.

Taken from Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Ascension

Doesn't mean anything.

They had the technology to move planets, for all we know quotes like that refer to their technological advantage over every subsequent race.
This is the statement:

beings of astonishing power and malleable form.

Gives the vibe of personal power.

Selenial
She would be opposed down to the final breath, the last drop of blood, of nearly every Jedi in the galaxy. And in that battle, even so ancient and powerful a being as Abeloth could not stand.

Taken from Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Ascension

IIRC, That entire passage is describing the mood of the Jade Shadow. That line is referring to how the Jedi believe their fight will go...

DarthAnt66

Trocity
AHAHAHAH oh **** me, that's priceless.

Legend, you sure you don't want those English lessons?

S_W_LeGenD
IIRC, That entire passage is describing the mood of the Jade Shadow. That line is referring to how the Jedi believe their fight will go...
Fair enough, but multiple Force-users managed to defeat Abeloth with their collective effort, didn't they?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.