Bill de Blasio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
I think this guy is destroying NYC.

De criminalizing public urination, shitting on the police, he's against Uber, failing public schools.

Lestov16
Shitting on police? So representing the views of the public (which is his job and who the police ultimately are supposed to serve and obey) and criticising NYPD's blind eye to police brutality (ie the impunity of Eric Garners killers) is a bad thing?

Surtur
Why decriminalize public urination? Has there been a big outcry of people who want this done? Good lord could you imagine what *those* protests would look like?

walshy
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I think this guy is destroying NYC.

De criminalizing public urination, shitting on the police, he's against Uber, failing public schools. you don't even live in NYC

Surtur
Originally posted by walshy
you don't even live in NYC

To be fair gods could totally be battled in NYC.

jaden101
Decriminilising shitting on cops? Man, that guy has some specific fetish.

Omega Vision
"Shitting" on the police is an exaggeration. Let's not forget that those same poor, downtrodden cops also turned their backs on him even though they're supposed to give him their support. He's an elected official, he answers to the desires of his electorate, not to the sensitivities of a police union who won't recognize they have a problem with brutality and racial profiling.

If you look at public opinion in NYC, most of the electorate supports reform of the police. Most of the criticism of Deblasio comes from Conservatives outside of New York who really shouldn't have any say in how the city's police department is run or how the mayor deals with his employees.

Flyattractor
I say we just wall the city off and leave it to its own devices.

Omega Vision
Kurt Russel would escape. uhuh

On a serious note though, New York would be an interesting sovereign nation. It would be like an even more powerful and influential Hong Kong.

Edit: Holy shit, if NYC was its own country it would in theory be 12th in the world by GDP between Canada and Australia.

Flyattractor
If it works for NYC, then we should do it with every large U.S city.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Kurt Russel would escape. uhuh

On a serious note though, New York would be an interesting sovereign nation. It would be like an even more powerful and influential Hong Kong.

Edit: Holy shit, if NYC was its own country it would in theory be 12th in the world by GDP between Canada and Australia.

NYC produces nothing but debt and disparity. There is no value added with the stock market.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
NYC produces nothing but debt and disparity. There is no value added with the stock market.
NYC has real estate, which makes up much of its economy and value. Every rich person in the world wants to have a place in New York City, whether to live in or not. That's a tremendous asset on its own.

Surtur
I still don't get the public urination thing.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Surtur
I still don't get the public urination thing.
My guess is that it's for homeless people so that they're not constantly being arrested/clogging up jails/wasting police time.

Surtur
They need some of those bathrooms that pop up from underground.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Omega Vision
NYC has real estate, which makes up much of its economy and value. Every rich person in the world wants to have a place in New York City, whether to live in or not. That's a tremendous asset on its own.

Yeah. NYC has lots of EXPENSIVE Property but now its got urine all over it.

Tzeentch
Homeless urine all over the ****ing place certainly hasn't stopped San Francisco's real estate from exploding in value.

Flyattractor
Isn't San Fran the place where its legal to have orgies in public as long as your dressed as nuns?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't San Fran the place where its legal to have orgies in public as long as your dressed as nuns?
And despite of that definitely not made up fact people want to live there....or maybe because of it....or maybe it doesn't factor in at all....

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't San Fran the place where its legal to have orgies in public as long as your dressed as nuns? Christians, Jews and heterosexual white males are also burned on sight. It's still expensive as phuck to buy property here.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Christians, Jews and heterosexual white males are also burned on sight. It's still expensive as phuck to buy property here.

I'm surprised your still alive

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bardock42
And despite of that definitely not made up fact people want to live there....or maybe because of it....or maybe it doesn't factor in at all....

I would put the rise of property values due to illegal shenanigans via local and federal politicians and corrupt businesses.

And your German.. Nun Orgies are kiddie shows to you.

Which is one reason why I don't want to move to San Fran.

Tzeentch
That's some pretty strong strong dissonance you have there.

Flyattractor
I wasn't aware I stepped in some...*checks shoes*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.