Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChaosTheory123
Not complete yet, but eh

Certainly more complete accolade wise than previous threads though :hmm

Surprised I've even done this much, I'm normally not remotely this "organized" *shrugs*

Well, that, and horrendously lazy

Tzeentch
What the **** was up with her hair in the early TotJ chapters?

ChaosTheory123
No ****ing clue

It WAS the 90s though, so that explains some of it

Emperordmb
No quotes from the KOTOR Limited Ultimate Collector's Edition Campaign Guide II version C?

ChaosTheory123
Nah

I'd have to pay an arm and a leg to even be lucky enough to read a sentence or 2 from the editor's notes :hmm

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
No quotes from the KOTOR Limited Ultimate Collector's Edition Campaign Guide II version C?

Oh my god was that the fifty-second time you've used that joke!? My god how hilarious!

Selenial
One of the most overrated characters in the history of Star Wars. Still a good thread though!

Nargaroth
Ah, good. This was absolutely required. And thank you for lifting a burden off my shoulders. Also, check out my Thon respect thread: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/thon-respect-thread/107103/

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Selenial
One of the most overrated characters in the history of Star Wars.

I'd disagree, but I come from a forum that tends to find mass disparity between powers without noted deficiency/lack of talent in the narrative off (so, Corran Horn with his problems with TK shit, I think... I'm mostly drawing on hearsay)

So powerscaling is slightly easier

Think Yamcha from Dragon Ball. He has shit for feats (he destroyed a large section of wall during the 22nd World Tournament), but accolades/power level that places him well above Raditz fight Piccolo and about equal to Vegeta fight Goku

Thanks

Thinking of doing Odan-Urr/Vodo-Siosk Baas eventually too

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Ah, good. This was absolutely required. And thank you for lifting a burden off my shoulders. Also, check out my Thon respect thread: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/thon-respect-thread/107103/

I already have :maybe

Look in your comments section dude

Might want to list the powers I linked you in the comment under what Thon knows

Kind of like what ILS did with Ommin.

Also figure you could do more to flesh out his Force Light feat

I could get you the scans if you want them/don't know what I mean :hmm

Nargaroth
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I already have :maybe

Look in your comments section dude

Might want to list the powers I linked you in the comment under what Thon knows

Kind of like what ILS did with Ommin.

Also figure you could do more to flesh out his Force Light feat

I could get you the scans if you want them/don't know what I mean :hmm

Ah, yes, I didn't notice that comment. I will add those scans as soon as I can. I don't know anything else about his Force Light feat, but I thought the TOTJ companion's explanation was enough. And I'd like to have the scans you mentioned as well of course.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Ah, yes, I didn't notice that comment. I will add those scans as soon as I can. I don't know anything else about his Force Light feat, but I thought the TOTJ companion explanation was enough. And I'd like to have the scans you mentioned as well of course.

Sounds good

Well, for starters?

Ood Bnar posited that the ritual the Sith Sorceress conducted utilized more dark side energy than any previously conducted (I'll fetch it from the Ambria section of the TotJ Companion later)

Obviously, his knowledge is incomplete, his narrative isn't omniscient 3rd person narrative either

That said?

He would definitely have the knowledge to compare it to the Solar Flares Naga Sadow created in the Denarii Nova and the chain reaction he caused on the Red Giant Primus Goluud (no, it wasn't a legit solar system level release of energy on the Corsair's part, the star was already unstable IIRC).

You shouldn't need that, seeing as the ritual kind of razed the planet and thus would have power behind it comparable to larger solar flares anyway, but still a quantifiable measure of just how much dark side energy permeated Ambria after the *****'s little **** up.

Just felt that while you covered the bare bones facts, you really undersell just how much dark side energy he was caging in Lake Natth :hmm

The Merchant
I recall Sadow using the Corsair to incite Solar Flares actually.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by The Merchant
I recall Sadow using the Corsair to incite Solar Flares actually.

Yep

He did at Denarii Nova

And technically Primus Goluud, which caused the unstable star to go boom IIRC

That, or something he did to tweak the core

Either way, Primus Goluud was probably closer than most to going boom on its own, hence the chain reaction

The Merchant
I wish Sunrider had more feats, she should have fought Ulic or Exar at least once but the writers seemed to just sorta push her back once Kun came in. Then again Anderson loves to wank his own creations, Kun being his and all. stick out tongue

ChaosTheory123
To be fair?

The fact she stripped Ulic of his power, even without his resistance, is noted as being a feat of raw power by the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Ulic was contender for greatest Jedi of the era even before falling, his power boosting to even larger heights with Naga Sadow's amulet's companion

She has the accolades and raw power feats, even if she's otherwise lacking in things that don't matter outside of inter star wars threads (best skill accolade is being an expert in lightsaber combat long before her prime. Seeing as comparing skill across fiction is pretty much impossible, raw stats are pretty much all that you can really end up comparing anyway).

ChaosTheory123
Aaaand done... for now, probably

Don't think I missed much anyway

The Merchant
I think you might have missed two things. One was how it was stated the 2nd time Nomi picked up a Lightsaber she was using it like a true Master, and another where she slices a block of Mandalorian Iron.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by The Merchant
I think you might have missed two things. One was how it was stated the 2nd time Nomi picked up a Lightsaber she was using it like a true Master, and another where she slices a block of Mandalorian Iron.

Figure you could show me where to find them? :hmm

Or just screen shot them and tell me the source they're from :hmm

AncientPower
Far more solid than any other Nomi thread I've seen, her tutaminis of Ulic's amulet boosted Sith Lightning is very impressive.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by AncientPower
Far more solid than any other Nomi thread I've seen, her tutaminis of Ulic's amulet boosted Sith Lightning is very impressive.

Thanks

I try to be thorough with most things I do, even if I am lazy :hmm

Also, found the mandalorian manacles thing

Anyone have that "fought like a true master" quote now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.