Are Jedi that good (guys)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste

Revanchiste

Nephthys
Yes, the Jedi are the good guys. They work to protect innocent people and preserve life and liberty. They are not Superman, they aren't pure as driven snow and they will lie and use some morally dubious methods to achieve the greater good, but they are still a massive force for good eclipsing everything else in the entire Star Wars mythos.

If a Jedi saw a child about to get hit by a car, they'd throw themselves in front of it to save them. A Sith would just watch. And laugh. Because they are evil.

Also, lol @ the Sith being honest. The Sith lie and betray everyone constantly. And even if it were true, that's laughably insignificant compared to their despicable, omnicidal tendencies, and isn't the slightest of a redeeming quality. They do not "follow the basic steps that the majority of humanity would also follow." They are sociopathic monsters who regularly commit genocide, advocate slavery and murder on a whim.

Traya is just about the only Sith to present a rational and somewhat reasonable advocate for the Sith ideals and she is still an insane, bitter old woman who murdered innocent people after waging an elaborate and extremely destructive revenge plot because they didn't approve of her teaching methods and was instrumental in creating one of the largest threats to galactic life ever. And then she tried to kill the Force.

Q99
Even the Jedi at their worst are merely hide-bound and insular, but still trying to do good. Jedi at their best really do deserve their hype and do massive good.

The Sith at their best, are massively bad, and opposing them is a worthy cause. Even selfish people vs sith would make the selfish people the 'good guys' in comparison, and the Jedi are well above even that.

quanchi112
Nah. They aren't as good as some would have you believe.

carthage
What EU material have you read Quan?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
What EU material have you read Quan? Zero. I ****ing love it.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
The Sith at their best, are massively bad,
Vectivus seemed pretty chill to me.

While the Jedi High Council has been very arrogant at times and made some very questionable decisions *cough* genocide *cough*, the Jedi are a force for good beyond any other in the galaxy.

Zampanó
Who did the Jedi genocide?

Emperordmb
Legions of Lettow

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb

He's also just a businessman, while Jedi have gone out there and stopped planet's civil wars, taken down slaver rings, saved towns from bandits, and similar.

The Sith top out at neutral, and that's barely any of them.

The Jedi top out at stopping galactic threats.

Your average Jedi has a long career of do-gooding.

Revanchiste
Remember teh first encounter with a satr map on Kashyyyk... What was Revan strategy? Letting his city burn,in order to don't reval they have intell on them and strike hard in the ennmy line.... To end the war as quicly as possible. And save MOAR dudes, MOAR soldiers life, because soldiers can have a family too.

Remember what Kreia told us about Kindess.
Be carefull with it.

When you see Darth revan trying to save the galaxy, and claim it by the way because like doctor doom he believe that his ow justice work for the greater good. Seriously Man revan promise to train a specimen of each intelligent species of the galaxy in the way of the force, where our doushy palpatine do his racist guy. This guy Really know what acting for the greater good mean, because he know what the greater good is, he have a more pragmatic approach...
Darth Revan let us believe that sith can be good guy. And He is notran hypocryte dude, mayby a great manipulator, but not an hypocryte... (Not like 3.0 Revan)
Dart Revan is like Traya, in kinda a little less wise, and more inttelligent, more rational more powerfull than herself. And he is not insane. He is driven by kinda noble goals.... You can say that it is kinda selfish to claim the galaxy for yourself.. But honnestly someone as wise and clever as Revan is just the perfect guy to rule the galaxy...
Look at Juhani Revan as already turned to the Dark side, he was already the sith lord that wage war against the Jedi council. And tel me that Darth Revan is a bad guy. + He don't kill civilian his attack have a minimal casaulities, he convert rather than killing.He inspired entires life he gave a sens a reason to leave at thousand, no billions of peoples.
And this guy was a cold calculating machine lead by passion for what he believe in.
And actually the galaxy could have been a better place to leave f Malak did not fired on his flag ship....

All we know from the sith majoritarly come with a Jedi point of view.

And yhea legion of lethow's reforms just SUCK. Even the Rusaan reform downside doesn't compare with the legion of lettowgood side in term of shittyness.

TerasKasi1023
For the most part the Jedi are the good guys, their methods may not always be the best but ultimately their right thinking and action makes them the preferable alternative to the Sith.

EmperorSidious2
Yes and No

Tzeentch
I've only skimmed the thread thus far, but has anyone busted out the "f-from a certain point of view ._." moral-relativity bullshit yet?

Revanchiste

Stigma
No. They are an evil organization that must be stopped. Sith, on the other hand...

Revanchiste
Am I the only one shock that Kreia the master of betrayal, and manipulation is one of the rarest sith dude, to explain sith philosophy as Jedi do with the Jedi code?

FreshestSlice
What are you talking about? She sounds like your standard Final Fantasy reject when explaining why she's doing what she's doing. And she's not really a Sith in her beliefs.

Revanchiste
Yep... And no.. That's kinda complicated...

chilled monkey

It always makes me laugh when people act like this actually means something.

Wow, ONE guy seemed "pretty chill" so suddenly the Sith can do no wrong. Like one Sith not being a sociopathic monster somehow means we should ignore the millions that were.

And even if he was "pretty chill," how much actual GOOD did Vectivus accomplish? How many people did he help, how many lives did he save?

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes, the Jedi are the good guys. They work to protect innocent people and preserve life and liberty. They are not Superman, they aren't pure as driven snow and they will lie and use some morally dubious methods to achieve the greater good, but they are still a massive force for good eclipsing everything else in the entire Star Wars mythos.

If a Jedi saw a child about to get hit by a car, they'd throw themselves in front of it to save them. A Sith would just watch. And laugh. Because they are evil.

Also, lol @ the Sith being honest. The Sith lie and betray everyone constantly. And even if it were true, that's laughably insignificant compared to their despicable, omnicidal tendencies, and isn't the slightest of a redeeming quality. They do not "follow the basic steps that the majority of humanity would also follow." They are sociopathic monsters who regularly commit genocide, advocate slavery and murder on a whim.

Traya is just about the only Sith to present a rational and somewhat reasonable advocate for the Sith ideals and she is still an insane, bitter old woman who murdered innocent people after waging an elaborate and extremely destructive revenge plot because they didn't approve of her teaching methods and was instrumental in creating one of the largest threats to galactic life ever. And then she tried to kill the Force.

"Applauds."

carthage
Remember teh first encounter with a satr map on Kashyyyk... What was Revan strategy? Letting his city burn,in order to don't reval they have intell on them and strike hard in the ennmy line.... To end the war as quicly as possible. And save MOAR dudes, MOAR soldiers life, because soldiers can have a family too.

Be carefull with it.

When you see Darth revan trying to save the galaxy, and claim it by the way because like doctor doom he believe that his ow justice work for the greater good. Seriously Man revan promise to train a specimen of each intelligent species of the galaxy in the way of the force, where our doushy palpatine do his racist guy. This guy Really know what acting for the greater good mean, because he know what the greater good is, he have a more pragmatic approach...
Darth Revan let us believe that sith can be good guy. And He is notran hypocryte dude, mayby a great manipulator, but not an hypocryte... (Not like 3.0 Revan)
Dart Revan is like Traya, in kinda a little less wise, and more inttelligent, more rational more powerfull than herself. And he is not insane. He is driven by kinda noble goals.... You can say that it is kinda selfish to claim the galaxy for yourself.. But honnestly someone as wise and clever as Revan is just the perfect guy to rule the galaxy...
Look at Juhani Revan as already turned to the Dark side, he was already the sith lord that wage war against the Jedi council. And tel me that Darth Revan is a bad guy. + He don't kill civilian his attack have a minimal casaulities, he convert rather than killing.He inspired entires life he gave a sens a reason to leave at thousand, no billions of peoples.
And this guy was a cold calculating machine lead by passion for what he believe in.
And actually the galaxy could have been a better place to leave f Malak did not fired on his flag ship....

Emperordmb
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Wow, ONE guy seemed "pretty chill" so suddenly the Sith can do no wrong. Like one Sith not being a sociopathic monster somehow means we should ignore the millions that were.

And even if he was "pretty chill," how much actual GOOD did Vectivus accomplish? How many people did he help, how many lives did he save?
I went on in my post to agree with the popular sentiment that Jedi are good and Sith are evil.

I was merely disagreeing with the singular statement that the Sith at their best are "massively bad", since the least evil Sith we know of isn't really that massively bad.

I agree with the Jedi good Sith bad thing, was just challenging that singular point. Not exactly the same thing as me saying Sith can do no wrong.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage

Be carefull with it.

That's a tad too coherent IMO

Revanchiste
Originally posted by chilled monkey

"Applauds."

The problem is philosophicall sith don't see "good" from teh same perspective...

ANd thank for quoting my post (you could have corrected teh syntaxe by the way..) Anyway it confirm that sith can do good : In their own way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrZzNbtjt7A

And Look at the star map on Kashyyyk... To fit the pattern, you have to be Revan. And think s Revan. And what Revan did during the mandalorian war.. Was what Churchill during the second WW. He let London be bombarded to invade normandy....
That's what Revan did, in the end the war ended a it quiker, saving in the more life, it seem eveil yhea, but it was a good deed...

chilled monkey
I went on in my post to agree with the popular sentiment that Jedi are good and Sith are evil.

I was merely disagreeing with the singular statement that the Sith at their best are "massively bad", since the least evil Sith we know of isn't really that massively bad.

I agree with the Jedi good Sith bad thing, was just challenging that singular point. Not exactly the same thing as me saying Sith can do no wrong.

I beg your pardon. That was meant to be a general remark, not directed at you specifically. I should have worded it better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.