Genocide vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Genocide, the DC one made by Ares, with implanted lasso

vs

Superman (either pre-flashpoint or Nu52)

Can Superman succeed where John Stewart, Firestorm, and Red Tornado working together got chumped? Will Genocide's teleportation, anger-aura, and soul attack via lasso prove too much?

leonidas
lol good luck to you. thumb up

to any interested, i posted both of genocide's fights with wonder woman in the ww respect thread, right on the last page.

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
lol good luck to you. thumb up

to any interested, i posted both of genocide's fights with wonder woman in the ww respect thread, right on the last page.

Your call on it?

abhilegend
Superman wins.Originally posted by Q99

vs

Can Superman succeed where John Stewart, Firestorm, and Red Tornado working together got chumped? Will Genocide's teleportation, anger-aura, and soul attack via lasso prove too much?
First of all, she suckered John when he didn't even know her coming.

In a straight up fight with nothing affecting her, Diana owned her like a *****.

Superman laughs at her and beats her down.

SquallX
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman wins.

In a straight up fight with nothing affecting her, Diana owned her like a *****.

Superman laughs at her and beats her down.

Of course he does.

Q99
Superman wins.

He, and the rest of the League, came there to fight Genocide. Multiple herald levels got pwned.

And she can teleport. So, the reason he got caught, is just because of that.

In a straight up fight, Diana got owned and her lasso stolen. In the *second* straight up fight, after Geno pwned the JLA, Genocide killed one of Diana's friends and mindtwisted Donna Troy. In the final fight, the only reason she won was she ripped out the lasso from her spine, but prior to that she wasn't hurting Geno much- and note, touching the lasso is how Geno *attacks* people's minds.

And note the 'nothing affecting her' bit- One, Superman will be under the anger aura. Two, the lasso can be used to attack him just like it one-shotted John.

So, Superman will be affected here, and I note you offer no suggestion on how he's supposed to avoid being affected.

Wonder Woman's already a close fight, and Genocide's stronger and, importantly, notably more hax.

zopzop
Superman wins.

Q99
I like how no-one actually has any good reasons for how Superman's gonna beat a magical teleporter stronger than Wonder Woman that can hit someone's mind so hard it KOs a GL, and who was made by Ares and designed by TO Morrow, to take out the League, they're just completely sure he would for... reasons.

Talk about wearing your bias on your sleeve, y'know?

Flyattractor
Genocide vs Lobo would be a fun match.

He would teach her what that word really means.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
He, and the rest of the League, came there to fight Genocide. Multiple herald levels got pwned. They didn't know who they were fighting.

No, she teleported and suckered John. When all of them actually tried fighting her, she let out a psychic blast and ran away.

And the fact that she was pulling her punches due to psychic effects from Genocide. That would not affect Superman. Even with wonder woman, the lasso did not have much effect on superman in his right mind. She tried making him realize truth in Action Comics 753, he just tossed her away like a *****.

Good luck with those strategies. If you need, I can post Superman beating more powerful beings with better soul affecting powers.

Just by superior will power. Even Neron has not been able to affect Superman's soul.

Wonder Woman has special gauntlets to block HV and has actual superspeed.

Genocide has nothing in her arsenal which could beat Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
I like how no-one actually has any good reasons for how Superman's gonna beat a magical teleporter stronger than Wonder Woman that can hit someone's mind so hard it KOs a GL, and who was made by Ares and designed by TO Morrow, to take out the League, they're just completely sure he would for... reasons.

Talk about wearing your bias on your sleeve, y'know?
Yeah, right.

Just by punching her out. Like wonder woman did.

SquallX
Yeah, right.

Just by punching her out. Like wonder woman did.

I swear, but i think youre leaving out a few context.

Which is funny, since i've never read that fight, but knowing you, there are alot of context being left out just to make Kal look good.

leonidas
^

http://imgur.com/a/37Jph

http://imgur.com/a/9rIvc

Surtur
^

http://imgur.com/a/37Jph

http://imgur.com/a/9rIvc

Okay so having read those, a few things I notice:

Genocide sort of did sneak up on John Stewart and didn't beat him in a straight up fight. We see Firestorm using his powers on Genocide, then they don't know where she is and then John is grabbed from behind and begins screaming about how it can teleport. Meaning it took him by surprise and these guys didn't even know the full capabilities of Genocide whilst fighting it at first.

Onto the WW fight I notice a few things: WW was definitely hurting Genocide with her punches(that god damn ear bash again). Also if Genocide was so superior why did it have to essentially grab a hold of that one guy to prevent WW from continuing to attack?

Then also..isn't it kind of obvious that when WW is able to free the guy before Genocide can do anything..she is using super speed to do it? Then at the end WW literally rips the lasso out of this thing.

Superman is faster and stronger then WW. Even for those that disagree would still have to agree he is just as fast and as strong. So why couldn't he use his speed to do..exactly what WW did with the lasso? Whatever aura this thing puts out didn't stop WW from being able to hurt her with punches, being able to blitz her and save the hostage, and it did not stop her from ripping the lasso out of her body.

leonidas
oh, i've little doubt supes is as powerful or moreso. the difference is she is completely created of and by magic and that would give her an advantage on him that she didn't have on diana...

abhilegend
oh, i've little doubt supes is as powerful or moreso. the difference is she is completely created of and by magic and that would give her an advantage on him that she didn't have on diana...
You mean like Captain Marvel has a magical advantage against Superman.

Right?

And Superman is vastly stronger and faster. I don't know how it can be argued at this point honestly. Diana herself admitted that she was as strong and as fast as PG.

Stoic
I think that if Genocide puts the mind whammy of Superman like she did to John Steward, she'd take this, as Superman would be in a nightmare dealing with all of the terrible things that Genocide could bring to the surface in his mind, and in a blacked out state, she could pretty much do anything that she wanted, which would include crippling, or killing him.

That's just one side of it though. Genocide didn't appear to be as strong as many of the characters that Superman is capable to taking down. With speed, heat vision, freezing breath, and superior just about everything physically, I'd say Superman would beat the starch out of her. That's if he can keep away from the mind whammy though.

krisblaze
^overloading Superman's mind? good luck thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
^overloading Superman's mind? good luck thumb up

Are you saying that the lasso does not possess the power to do so? Why is it so difficult to see both sides of the coin?

krisblaze
I don't think the lasso can overload Superman's mind.

Especially not Superman 'willing' to the best of his ability.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
I don't think the lasso can overload Superman's mind.

Especially not Superman 'willing' to the best of his ability.

Whatever. That lasso can compel Superman to relive every poor moment in his life. To say that he would be unaffected is a overconfident stance IMO. I mean a GL with defenses was nearly driven mad by what Genocide did to him. No way Superman no sells it.

krisblaze
John Stewart is a pussy compared to Superman.

He can only match him by virtue of having a ring, not by pure willpower feats.

And in all honesty, Superman would make a much, much, muuuuuch better lantern than Stewart smile

Surtur

Depends on how bad the magic weakness is for Nu Supes. Since for post crisis it actually wasn't that bad.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Whatever. That lasso can compel Superman to relive every poor moment in his life. To say that he would be unaffected is a overconfident stance IMO. I mean a GL with defenses was nearly driven mad by what Genocide did to him. No way Superman no sells it.

This time, Martian Manjobber won't be there to hold his hand.

abhilegend
Superman already no sold her lasso and simply tossed her away when she tried to make him face truth in KOTW.

He has literally tore through hell when Neron himself tried to mess with his soul and forced him out of his body.

No sold soul tempering by Dark Gods.

Overcame soul tempering from both Blaze and Satannus.

The list goes on.

that_guy09
Originally posted by Q99

vs

Superman

Surtur
Okay so if this is pre Nu52 Supes I think he definitely wins, because the magic weakness wasn't as pronounced. Who knows maybe it might cause him pain to rip the lasso out, but he should still be able to do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.