Shaak Ti runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Health, stamina, energy restored after each battle

All characters at their prime

Setting: Republic military base courtyard on coruscant (where Ahsoka was held and fought clones)

Starts 20 ft apart
1. Pre Vizsla
2. Jyl Somtay
3. Coleman Trebor
4. The Inquisitor (Rebels)
4. (Dark) Barriss Offee
5. Aayla Secura
6. Luminara Unduli
7. Asajj Ventress
8. Adi Gallia
9. Savage Opress
10. Darth Maul
11. Qui Gon Jin
12. Obi Wan Kenobi

Emperordmb
probably seven. falls at ten if she makes it past that.

carthage

AncientPower
If not 10 then clear.

Kurk
Originally posted by AncientPower
If not 10 then clear.
Really think she can clear Obi?

carthage
If not 10 then clear.

lol

AncientPower
Certainly, she has a form advantage and has greater Force powers.

Though i have to ask, why is Kenobi higher than Maul?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage

AncientPower
lol

Ah yes, because we all know Maul stomps Galen Marek. Please.

AncientPower

lol.

Kurk
Certainly, she has a form advantage and has greater Force powers.

Though i have to ask, why is Kenobi higher than Maul?
Idk I never took Maul that seriously tbh

Selenial
If not 10 then clear.

I have my doubts about how a fight with her and Maul would go, she's his superior in the force, but it's hard to tell if she could employ that while under an attack from his bladework.

Assuming she can, then agreed.

AncientPower
I see no reason she can't fight him on even terms if she can do so against Galen Marek.

Selenial
Depends how highly you rate Marek.

She fought Marek onto the defensive though, and was able to use her force attacks because of it. I question whether the fight would go the same against a duelist like Maul.

AncientPower
Well he was already trained to near perfection by Vader, successfully employing Form III: Soresu against his master in spars, he then defeated Rahm Kota a Juyo* master and Kazdan Paratus a Shien master. Shaak Ti totally outskilled him and and was stronger.

*Fairly sure it's Juyo, I will check his TFU sourcebook profile for the form.

Selenial
Yeh it's Juyo. Again, that's her beating a defensive Duelist. Maul is not a defensive duelist, I struggle to see how she'd catch a break enough to use her Force abilities.

No offence but I'm not exactly one to need a run down of her feats big grin

Trocity
Dies to Ventress imo, but how is Ventress in DD? I haven't read it yet.

Selenial
Originally posted by Trocity
Dies to Ventress imo, but how is Ventress in DD? I haven't read it yet.

Pretty horrendous really.

Dathomir amped and can't even beat a poisoned Vos.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Selenial
Yeh it's Juyo. Again, that's her beating a defensive Duelist. Maul is not a defensive duelist, I struggle to see how she'd catch a break enough to use her Force abilities.

No offence but I'm not exactly one to need a run down of her feats big grin

Except Galen is primarily a Juyo practitioner, if not master. He has defensive capabilities in Soresu but is certainly not lacking in offense.

Shaak Ti doesn't exactly require a break, she is proficient in chaining Force attacks among her lightsaber assault.

carthage
Like Shaak Ti failed to beat a less skilled and hindered Galen Marek?

AncientPower
I am not seeing how Ventress is doing better than Galen Marek at all.

AncientPower

She was beating him the entire time, furthermore he is already near perfection before he even fights Rahm Kota, he improved with every mission in both skill and power. Whilst he was hindered as was Shaak Ti due to the constant nature of her battle with the planet's dark side.

Selenial
The fact you said hindered is both hilarious and invalidates your argument completely.

He was not hindered in any way that she wasn't, and in contrast was amped every bit as much as she was.

Trocity
Pretty horrendous really.

Dathomir amped and can't even beat a poisoned Vos.

Well that's a shame, actually. Shaak would lose to Darth Maul regardless, but I'm not exactly sure where I place her atm; I guess she could beat Ventress.

AncientPower
He is talking about how Galen couldn't reach the Dark Side properly because of her own influence over the planet. What he neglects to mention is that the planet was that way only because of her presence, she is even described as a sole beacon of light in the Dark Side on Felucia.

If i could be bothered i would bring out the TFU sourcebook statements as well but i know full well how Carthage would treat such evidence.

Selenial
He is talking about how Galen couldn't reach the Dark Side properly because of her own influence over the planet. What he neglects to mention is that the planet was that way only because of her presence, she is even described as a sole beacon of light in the Dark Side on Felucia.

If i could be bothered i would bring out the TFU sourcebook statements as well but i know full well how Carthage would treat such evidence.

Conflicting sources, and I don't believe he actually says he struggles to draw on the Dark Side. The Graphic Novel explicitly says the Dark Side was strong on Felucia, just repressed, and that he could unleash it. He also didn't exactly seem to have trouble chaining Lightning and Telekinesis into her in an attempt to survive her bladework.

Edit: Like I said though, any negative effects on him, she also felt. The Dark Side was repressed, OK, sucks to be him. At the same time she's constantly exerting effort to keep it that way.

carthage
She was beating him the entire time, furthermore he is already near perfection before he even fights Rahm Kota, he improved with every mission in both skill and power. Whilst he was hindered as was Shaak Ti due to the constant nature of her battle with the planet's dark side.

Troll harder bro.

She became desperate and died and lost the fight, and she was drawing on the energies of the plantlife while he was hindered due to her tilting the balance to the light. Its not hard to understand

He also was being pressed by a Shadow guard, was on the losing edge against Kazdan, and was nowhere near his prime in their fight. Beating a hindered opponent isn't as impressive as Ventress forcing Windu to use his skills, beating Kit Fisto, beating multiple Jedi at once, fighting evenly with Obi Wan, or holding off Anakin/Kenobi at once.

Other than the text that says that the darkside was stifled? Ok. Makes sense

Selenial

You lack a fundamental knowledge of the text, ok I get you now. He says the Dark Side was stifled because Felucia was a Dark Side Nexus for years, and would be afterwards as well. Numerous sources (The Graphic Novel, TFU campaign Guide, The TFU Novel itself later on) all state that Felucia was finely balanced between the Light and the Dark.

The Dark Side was repressed only in the fact it wasn't dominant.

Selenial
The Force Unleashed Novel:

The Graphic Novel:

AncientPower
Troll harder bro.

She became desperate and died and lost the fight, and she was drawing on the energies of the plantlife while he was hindered due to her tilting the balance to the light. Its not hard to understand

He also was being pressed by a Shadow guard, was on the losing edge against Kazdan, and was nowhere near his prime in their fight. Beating a hindered opponent isn't as impressive as Ventress forcing Windu to use his skills, beating Kit Fisto, beating multiple Jedi at once, fighting evenly with Obi Wan, or holding off Anakin/Kenobi at once.

YOU are the one trolling or you just aren't educated concerning the fight.

Graphic novel: She spends half the time just talking to him, she isn't even going all out and when she does try he gets overwhelmed, such as her Kinetite wrecking him.

Novelisation: Galen can barely hold on in their fight, she overwhelmed his defenses and only an instinctual TK stopped Ti from cutting his skull in half. She was his better in every manner and had him constantly desperate to just survive.

Shaak Ti stopped the Dark Side from holding full sway over the planet, this is stated multiple times which you blatantly ignore to suit your ill-placed argument.

Using your own poor logic: Kazdan and Kota lost to a less skilled Galen than the one that lost to Shaak Ti, this is me ignoring context, seem familiar Carthage? Shaak Ti's death came directly before Vader's betrayal and whilst it was stated he became more powerful after his recovery it isn't close to the gap you portray it as.

carthage
YOU are the one trolling or you just aren't educated concerning the fight.

In the graphic novel she spends half the time just talking to him, she isn't even going all out and when she does try he gets overwhelmed, such as her Kinetite wrecking him.

In the novel, Galen can barely hold on in their fight, she overwhelmed his defenses and only an instinctual TK stopped Ti from cutting his skull in half. She was his better in every manner and had him constantly desperate to just survive.

Shaak Ti stopped the Dark Side from holding full sway over the planet, this is stated multiple times which you blatantly ignore to suit your ill-placed argument.

Using your own poor logic: Kazdan lost, Kota lost and the Shadow Guard lost. This is me ignoring context, seem familiar Carthage?

Shaak Ti's death came directly before Vader's betrayal and whilst it was stated he became more powerful after his recovery it isn't close to the gap you portray it as.

Different sources don't invalidate what's depicted in the novel bro, it notes that the dark side is stifled and she had an abundance of plant lift do draw off of while the text says itself the dark side was stifled and that the only way to correct this was killing her. I,e she's in the advantageous position of having an amp and an opponent whose drawing on the side of the force that's weakened per text. Again please show me anything contradicting the fight as depicted in the text of the novel that disproves my point of Marek being weakened. If your done deepthroating your favorite character like you always do, you've got nothing to suggest Ti is more skilled than Ventress or Maul without her amp

You're using a version of Marek that exists after the point in time of the fight with Ti and a duelist that doesn't even remotely compare to the individuals I listed for Ventress. Keep trying bro.

You lack a fundamental knowledge of the text, ok I get you now. He says the Dark Side was stifled because Felucia was a Dark Side Nexus for years, and would be afterwards as well. Numerous sources (The Graphic Novel, TFU campaign Guide, The TFU Novel itself later on) all state that Felucia was finely balanced between the Light and the Dark.

The Dark Side was repressed only in the fact it wasn't dominant.

None of that changes the fact that it was stifled, and this would logically hinder his ability to call on the force as a darksider. She also had the plantlife as an additional amp if anything.

AncientPower
Keep blatantly trolling and ignoring posted evidence 'bro'.

carthage
Its not my fault you can't disprove the fact he was hindered in drawing on the force as per text thumb up

AncientPower
It is not our fault that you misinterpreted said text, please continue humiliating yourself infront of canonical statements.

Also your claim of Ti being amped proves you have next to no actual knowledge concerning Felucia, please educate yourself.

carthage

DarthAnt66
People actually deny Shaak Ti was amped?

LMFAO.

AncientPower
All that happened here was your misinterpretation of Galen Marek's statement. Felucia normally is consumed by the Dark Side as we saw after she died, Shaak Ti's presence on Felucia kept the planet balanced in the Force:

"The Dark Side was strong on Felucia, and Shaak Ti was a beacon in that Darkness"

"Felucia is a planet intimately tied to the Living Force, the presence of a powerful Force user, dark or light, can drastically effect the environment."

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

LMFAO.

Source she was amped? She spent years communing with the planet and stopped the full corruption of Felucia, she also trained the Shamans in the Jedi way. She has a natural capability to use plant surge and such.

All of which is great, but again source she was amped in any manner? She held off the inherent Dark Side nature in Felucia with her own Light Side power.

NewGuy01
Probably 7.

TheNuisanceBird
Ah yes, because we all know Maul stomps Galen Marek. Please.

I would't be so sure. There is a versus series video of Maul vs Marek which is pretty good. Maul might be outclassed in terms of force powers but Galen might have a hard time dealing with him is he's constantly rushing him.

Nephthys
Well Galen had just fought through an army of force sensitives to get to Ti and she had a Sarlacc as help.

Also I have Marek at about Maul level, with superior force power but weaker sabers. Just fyi.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well Galen had just fought through an army of force sensitives to get to Ti and she had a Sarlacc as help.

And the only reason he survived her onslaught was that he could electrocute the Sarlacc and shake the ground she was standing on thumb up

Biased view is biased, Neph.

Nephthys
Only in the novel (you're exaggerating, it doesn't say that he only survived by doing that) and he still has to deal with the tentacles attacking him. In the game he's forced to battle the Sarlacc much more directly as well as several felucians.

Selenial
Only in the novel (you're exaggerating, it doesn't say that he only survived by doing that) and he still has to deal with the tentacles attacking him. In the game he's forced to battle the Sarlacc much more directly as well as several felucians.

The game shouldn't be as important. Not to mention in the game, the Sarlacc is what kills Shaak Ti, not Galen anyway.

Firstly, it says he was doing it to break her assault. Realistically speaking without it he would have been trounced in their duel, since he also relied on using it's teeth as projectiles.

Nephthys
Surely the game should be more important since it's the original and primary version. And not really, his lightning kills her she just lands on the sarlacc.

Why did you say firstly for only one point? stick out tongue And not necessarily, you're just speculating that he wouldn't survive some other way.

Selenial
Surely the game should be more important since it's the original and primary version. And not really, his lightning kills her she just lands on the sarlacc.

Why did you say firstly for only one point? stick out tongue And not necessarily, you're just speculating that he wouldn't survive some other way.

I was going to go into other points about him needing to chain in force attacks, but to be frank I'm leveling a Marauder and couldn't be bothered Happy Dance

And "Surely the novel should be more important" since it's far more in depth, only the cutscenes and possibly the little button mashing spats are canon, which is about 5 minutes worth of stuff mmm

NewGuy01
I am not seeing how Ventress is doing better than Galen Marek at all.

Because she'll be fighting her on neutral ground rather than on Felucia? And because Ventress is a better duelist than Galen is at that point.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Because she'll be fighting her on neutral ground rather than on Felucia? And because Ventress is a better duelist than Galen is at that point.

Nothing actually suggests Galen improves after that as a duelist, does it?

And Felucia was basically neutral ground, lol.

NewGuy01
Nothing actually suggests Galen improves after that as a duelist, does it?

Besides Galen saying he improves as a duelist, logical experience progression, and the progressive improvement of his showings?

Also because his becoming more powerful has a direct effect on his dueling capabilities.

Also because his mindset changes pretty dramatically as he becomes more Jedi-y.

Not even close.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Besides Galen saying he improves as a duelist, logical experience progression, and the progressive improvement of his showings?

Also because his becoming more powerful has a direct effect on his dueling capabilities.

Also because his mindset changes pretty dramatically as he becomes more Jedi-y.

Not even close.

Does he though? And why is it logical that he has experience progression if he doesn't face a foe greater than Shaak Ti until Vader? You don't become stronger by lifting 500g weights, no matter how many you lift.

Indeed, I'll admit that. Not dramatic enough to change it too much though.

The Nexus isn't a boon to either of them, so disregard that. What you have left is the fact Galen had to fight through Felucians. I accept that, but a Nexus would mean far easier ability to replenish oneself. What else is there? The Sarlacc? People seem to be forgetting that Shaak Ti would have been mind controling a Sarlacc the entire fight, it was strenuous for her too.

Not to mention it became an advantage to him to.

So how is Felucia "Not even close" to neutral?

NewGuy01
Does he though?

Yes.

They don't necessarily need to be stronger than Shaak Ti individually, the point is that with each hard battle you learn and improve and adapt to the situation. Not that fighting Shaak Ti in of itself isn't viable, mind you.

Mindset is very important, tbh.

Arguably, yes.

That doesn't change the fact that he just fought through an army of Felucians.

Yeah, it clearly did her a lot more help than harm. thumb up

AncientPower
Source Felucia is a nexus? Please stop falsifying her TFU feats when you clearly haven't read TFU sourcebook, novel or graphic novel.

Zenwolf
Well he was already trained to near perfection by Vader, successfully employing Form III: Soresu against his master in spars, he then defeated Rahm Kota a Juyo* master and Kazdan Paratus a Shien master. Shaak Ti totally outskilled him and and was stronger.

*Fairly sure it's Juyo, I will check his TFU sourcebook profile for the form.

Ehh...Galen didn't really beat Kota or Paratus via skill though.

Kota just became fatigued

Paratus he just beat really by destroying the mannequins of the old Jedi Masters.

NewGuy01
Source Felucia is a nexus? Please stop falsifying her TFU feats when you clearly haven't read TFU sourcebook, novel or graphic novel.

Lol, I own all of the above. I'll quote you later.

AncientPower
Felucia is intimately tied with the living Force and the presence of a powerful Force user can have drastic effects on that connection. Shaak Ti became intensely intertwined with the planet's energies so much so that she created a balance in the planet, without which it was consumed by darkness and upon her death the planet returned to it's norm. Not once is it referred to as a nexus, of either alignment.

All of the above is canonically stated in Legends, there is nothing you can show me i haven't already seen regarding this particular lore.

NewGuy01
Felucia is intimately tied with the living Force and the presence of a powerful Force user can have drastic effects on that connection.

I lol'd.

Sources seem to disagree on how that worked; it's rather ambiguous. Hence "arguably".

It's a nexus regardless of alignment.

The same goes for most of us you dipshit lol.

AncientPower
I am sorry that you are so blatantly incorrect but that's hardly a reason for you to throw all your toys out of your cott.

Fated Xtasy
I am sorry that you are so blatantly incorrect but that's hardly a reason for you to throw all your toys out of your cott.

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/869484.gif

Sinious
Stops at 10.
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

LMFAO.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.