EU suing several major US movie studios

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
The European Union has filed an anti-trust case against six major U.S. movie studios including Disney and Warner Bros. and a British satellite service for the restriction of their entertainment across the EU outside of the UK and Ireland:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/07/23/eu-opens-antitrust-case-against-6-major-us-movie-studios/21212984/

I find it interesting (and suspicious) that they do this just as they bailed Greece out of their economic troubles. Looks like they're trying to make their money back to me and what better way to do that than to sue a popular United States movie studio? Or several, in this case.

Time-Immemorial
Good luck in them getting paid.

Deadbeats

Surtur
Well why do they restrict their services? Don't they lose money by doing that?

krisblaze
You can tell Star and Time don't know much about movie history thumb up

This should've been filed 30-40 years ago.

Time-Immemorial
Enlighten me

Robtard
Here:

"Licensing agreements between the major film studios and Sky UK do not allow consumers in other EU countries to access Sky's UK and Irish pay-TV services, via satellite or online," Vestager said. "We believe that this may be in breach of EU competition rules."

It has nothing to do with the EU trying to finagle American companies because of Greece's financial troubles as the OP claimed.

jaden101
Originally posted by Star428

I find it interesting (and suspicious) that they do this just as they bailed Greece out of their economic troubles. Looks like they're trying to make their money back to me and what better way to do that than to sue a popular United States movie studio? Or several, in this case.

There aren't enough face palms in the world.

Time-Immemorial
No clue what that has to do with 30 years ago

Flyattractor
Yeah because when you do something corrupt and illegal you normally put it out in the open when you do it.

Star428
Originally posted by jaden101
There aren't enough face palms in the world.

Likewise to your post. thumb up

jaden101
Likewise to your post.

You really don't have a clue do you?

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah because when you do something corrupt and illegal you normally put it out in the open when you do it.

In this day and age..yes people totally do. Facebook and Twitter are the worst thing to happen to criminals in the last few decades.

Q99
The European Union has filed an anti-trust case against six major U.S. movie studios including Disney and Warner Bros. and a British satellite service for the restriction of their entertainment across the EU outside of the UK and Ireland:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/07/23/eu-opens-antitrust-case-against-6-major-us-movie-studios/21212984/

That's a stretch of a connection. What they can get from the movie studios is a drop in the bucket next to a country, and it'd be an entirely different section that pursues this.

And the rules they're talking about sound like pre-existing ones the studios may have been in violation of.

Omega Vision
Lol what a stupid thread.

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol what a stupid thread.

Cosigned.

erm

You know how much money we'd have lost if we didn't bail Greece out?

Anyways, you'll see things like this happening more and more often in years to come. The EU needs to be smart and deal better with conglomerates if they want to build a stable economy. The absolute open market we had going on left us full of holes and bleeding money from everywhere.

Time-Immemorial
Getting off topic Bentley.

Stop suing Hollywood, it's the only reason this forum exists, duh.

Bentley
The only off-topic part of my post was when I replied to people who went off-topic before awesr

Which is kind of what I do around here most of the time, I seem to have problems grasping single topics mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.