BOG:ROF Gohan vs DBGT Gohan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
We have our first link to DBGT with Gohan losing his Mystic power up, regaining base SSJ, and losing a lot of his power. Wonder if this means Toriyama inteneds to "canonize" DBGT and work his new stories into it?

At any rate, who wins?

StiltmanFTW
GT for now.

GT Gohan could still go SSJ2 and arguably retained his mystic upgrade, which might've just stacked somehow with SSJ1/2.

Funny how Gohan had no trouble going SSJ in BoG, but after Pan being born in RoF, he wasn't sure if he could do it anymore...

Anyway, from the summary I've read on wiki, RoF Gohan gets one beastly feat, namely, one-shotting Frieza's soldier that went toe to toe with Piccolo. Good feat, but not enough to take GT Gohan.

Crimson Dragoon
The Perfect Files say Gohan hasn't neglected his training, so if we take that into account, GT Gohan is likely stronger than his Buu Saga counterpart and can stack Super Saiyan on top of his Ultimate power-up.

GT Gohan would stomp if that's the case

cdtm
Originally posted by Crimson Dragoon
The Perfect Files say Gohan hasn't neglected his training, so if we take that into account, GT Gohan is likely stronger than his Buu Saga counterpart and can stack Super Saiyan on top of his Ultimate power-up.

GT Gohan would stomp if that's the case

Baby also said Vegeta's even stronger then him. So either Vegeta got a serious powerup between Z and GT, or Gohan became s good deal weaker for whatever reason.

Crimson Dragoon
Originally posted by cdtm
Baby also said Vegeta's even stronger then him. So either Vegeta got a serious powerup between Z and GT, or Gohan became a good deal weaker for whatever reason.

Well, Base Goku in the very beginning of GT was fighting evenly against Uub, who should be equal or at least very close to his Kid Buu incarnation's power level, judging by how satisfied Goku was with their fight. Goku doesn't strike me as someone who'd settle for less than Kid Buu tier, given how much he wanted to fight someone of Kid Buu's caliber again at the end of Z and Goku saying to Uub that he wanted a proper fight.

My point is Toei gives stupid huge power-ups with the barest minimum of logic put into it and Vegeta in GT may very well have been that strong. The only really solid thing we have to gauge GT Gohan with is the Perfect Files statement, honestly.

Henry_Pym
RoF Gohan was a feeb, he couldn't even hold SSJ for any real time. Tbf they made piccolo look worse so idk what that was about

Galan007
Gohan, and the rest of the notable Z Fighters, were operating at max power in BoG(confirmed by Toriyama.) That said, BoG-era Gohan>GT Gohan, imo.

Conversely, RoF-era Gohan inextricably took a vast reduction in power, and wasn't sure if he could even transform into a SSJ anymore. He'd lose to his GT counterpart for sure.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
Baby also said Vegeta's even stronger then him. So either Vegeta got a serious powerup between Z and GT, or Gohan became s good deal weaker for whatever reason.

Vegeta is very obsessive about training, so I think he likely just pulled ahead.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
Vegeta is very obsessive about training, so I think he likely just pulled ahead.

thumb up

Agreed.

Even pre-rage boost, his performance against Beerus was superior to Gohan's in BoG. If he could surpass Gohan is such relatively short time after Buu Saga, no wonder he did it in GT after many years.

carver9
Gohan in GT wasn't that strong. Remember, Goten (possessed by Baby) was able to stalemate him in a prolong fight.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, but Baby possessed characters also got massive upgrades. Super Baby 1 Vegeta almost killed SSJ3 Goku without getting a scratch on him.

Gohan in GT was VERY strong. He was able to take on Rildo in base/mystic form. And he still had a form that was 100 times stronger than his base/mystic form. Meaning he was over 100 times stronger than Majin Buu. Since SSJ2 is a 100X boost to base.

I don't know how anyone could think that BOTG's Gohan was superior to GT Gohan. He couldn't go SSJ2, and his mystic form was as useless as Good Buu, when he previously dominated Super Buu. He did A LOT worse than Vegeta did, even before Bills hit Bulma. Vegeta actually took like 27 hits, by my count, before Gotenks stepped in.

Goten was severely weaker in BOTG's compared to the Buu saga, and he got even MORE laughably weak in ROF. He barely stayed SSJ1 for a few seconds, to one-shot Shisami, and then he even needed a Senzu bean, which he pretty much wasted since Frieza killed him with a single punch anyway.

I honestly think that was just payback for Gohan one-shotting Frieza in Fusion Reborn, but whatever. Toriyama has a good sense of humor, I guess.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Gohan in GT wasn't that strong. Remember, Goten (possessed by Baby) was able to stalemate him in a prolong fight.

But that was because:

1) Gohan was holding back a lot and didn't even go SSJ from the start

2) It was Goten with Baby actually inside him (lol), which would make him stronger

3) GT Goten > Kid Goten

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Goten was severely weaker in BOTG's compared to the Buu saga No, he wasn't. Toriyama stated in an interview that his intent was for most of the notable Z Fighters to be operating at maximum power in BoG. IOW, Shin Gohan from BoG = Shin Gohan from the Boo saga.

Why did Vegeta do better than him against Beerus? Well in case you haven't noticed, Toriyama gave Goku and Vegeta a HUGE push in the last 2 films, and took a steamy shit on everyone else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.