Kao Cen Darach vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorSidious2
This is Darth Maul as of TCW.

Round 1. Sabers

Round 2. Force

Round 3. All out

Battle 2. Is it possible that Maul as of TCW can beat both ven zallow and Kao Cen Darach at one time.

SunRazer
Maul takes all the rounds but loses the bonus.

AncientPower
Originally posted by SunRazer

Stigma

ILS
Maul abuses the Force and wins the bonus. If he can do it to Kenobi at the drop of a dime he can do it to either of these.

TheNuisanceBird
I'd side with Maul. Maul isn't gonna be pressing him any less than Malgus and I don't think Kao's force abilities could be that effective. Even if he lands a hit on Maul he can take it.

appletonia
Darach solidly.

Stigma
Nah. Darach gets dismantled easily.

appletonia
Nah, the stuff Darach was doing in that cinematic he appeared in was godly. Maul might have more feats but he was still never a truly top tier guy. Is he even Dooku level? Because everyone and their mother beats him these days.

Stigma
Originally posted by appletonia
Nah,
Yeah.

the stuff Darach was doing in that cinematic he appeared in was godly.
You must have some low standards to see that as godly.

Maul might have more feats but he was still never a truly top tier guy.
He's higher than Darach. That's enough.

Is he even Dooku level?
Is Darach? LOL

Because everyone and their mother beats him these days.
Dooku can beat Maul. But he will decimate Darach.

appletonia
What are Maul's best feats?

mm4JEZudf0c

Based on the cinematic he comes across as a highly skilled and cunning swordsman with pretty decent combat-ready TK to boot. His ability to dual wield a lightsaber with a double-bladed lightsaber is pretty much unprecedented (and indicative of high level skills and an unorthodox style), he was doing extremely well against multiple Sith Lords, and was doing stuff like redirecting lightning from one sith and using it offensively against the other (successfully), and possessed the awareness and foresight to use a saber throw from a good distance away to parry an attack from Malgus that was probably about to deal a fatal blow to Satele.

Stigma
What are Maul's best feats?
Better than Darach's. thumb up

Based on the cinematic he comes across as a highly skilled and cunning swordsman with pretty decent combat-ready TK to boot. His ability to dual wield a lightsaber with a double-bladed lightsaber is pretty much unprecedented (and indicative of high level skills and an unorthodox style), he was doing extremely well against multiple Sith Lords, and was doing stuff like redirecting lightning from one sith and using it offensively against the other (successfully), and possessed the awareness and foresight to use a saber throw from a good distance away to parry an attack from Malgus that was probably about to deal a fatal blow to Satele.
Great for him. thumb up

It's not enough to take Maul, though.

SunRazer
Yeah, Kao doesn't stand a chance against Maul in any of the rounds save for the bonus one. Maul can't just ragdoll both with ease - it was likely that his Kenobi ragdoll wasn't necessarily easy either, and required some concentration. After all, even Dooku couldn't just easily ragdoll Obi-Wan - he did manage to push Obi-Wan in the RotS novel with a flick of his wrist, but only after gathering considerable Force energy, IIRC. Still, a combination of superior Force power, superior physical traits and superior skill could probably award Maul at least a couple of wins in the bonus.

SunRazer
Actually, the novel said only the slightest amount of that gathered power was needed to send Obi-Wan flying. Still, pushing and ragdolling completely are different things.

appletonia
Anyone going to post Maul's best feats? And how does TCW Maul compare to TPM Maul?

ILS
He doesn't need to ragdoll both. He just needs to remove one, which he's more than capable of. Kenobi being stronger with the Force than either means that Maul will have an easier time of it.

ILS
Anyone going to post Maul's best feats? And how does TCW Maul compare to TPM Maul? Outfighting one of the most skilled swordsmen the Jedi have produced in 25,000 years, and his relatively close apprentice, at the same time comfortably.

They're largely the same with the exceptions that TCW Maul is more powerful, driven/focused and uses his powers more directly.

Stigma
In other words: Maul > Darach, comfortably.

Beniboybling
Yeah, Kao doesn't stand a chance against Maul in any of the rounds save for the bonus one. Maul can't just ragdoll both with ease - it was likely that his Kenobi ragdoll wasn't necessarily easy either, and required some concentration. After all, even Dooku couldn't just easily ragdoll Obi-Wan - he did manage to push Obi-Wan in the RotS novel with a flick of his wrist, but only after gathering considerable Force energy, IIRC. Still, a combination of superior Force power, superior physical traits and superior skill could probably award Maul at least a couple of wins in the bonus. http://share.gifyoutube.com/mlL2GO.gif

Looked like he did it pretty effortlessly to me. But I agree with ILS.Originally posted by ILS
Outfighting one of the most skilled swordsmen the Jedi have produced in 25,000 years, and his relatively close apprentice, at the same time comfortably.

They're largely the same with the exceptions that TCW Maul is more powerful, driven/focused and uses his powers more directly. This essentially, I wouldn't say Kenobi as a Padawan is better than Darach or Zallow but Jinn and Maul's significant increase in power more than balances is out. Although without a double bladed lightsaber he'd have a harder time of it... I'd assume Maul has his darksaber as well?

appletonia
Originally posted by ILS
Outfighting one of the most skilled swordsmen the Jedi have produced in 25,000 years, and his relatively close apprentice, at the same time comfortably.

Think you might be overrating Qui-Gon a little (and I believe the novel states that Qui-Gon was no longer the warrior he once was). Darach was doing the same to a younger Malgus and his master, who was a highly respected Sith Lord and showed himself to be a very resourceful combatant (showing great application of Force Lightning mid-lightsaber duel, even catching Satele off guard at one point while not engaging her).

ILS
Think you might be overrating Qui-Gon a little (and I believe the novel states that Qui-Gon was no longer the warrior he once was). Take it up with The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

The difference being that Maul's opposition was stronger, and he was having an easier time of outfighting them.

appletonia
Hyperbole?

I'd argue that Darach's opposition was not only stronger than Maul's opposition, but stronger than Maul himself (well, the younger Malgus at least). Neither Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, nor Maul, were particularly strong in the Force by all available evidence.

ILS
Out of universe source?

lol.

appletonia
what are you on about m8??

ILS
The notion that Maul isn't "particularly strong in the Force" just made me giggle is all. Funnily enough I came across this just a few minutes ago:

―Maul: Lockdown

appletonia
Nothing there establishes Maul having even a great connection to the Force, let alone remarkable.

ILS
Nothing there establishes Maul having even a great connection to the Force, let alone remarkable. http://i.imgur.com/lvjIlkY.gif

Trocity
appletonia has the worst opinions on characters' levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.