Darth Malgus vs Darth Vader vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Three of the greatest warriors in the Sith Order's history go blow to blow.

Emperor Malgus as of The Old Republic
Darth Vader as of Return of the Jedi
Darth Maul as of Son of Dathomir

No external amps.
All-out.

Setting: Valley of the Dark Lords.

Which warrior reigns eternal?

ILS
Vader.

Sinious
Vader > Malgus > Maul

AncientPower
I think Malgus has a nice power edge and is certainly comparable in terms of skill.

ILS
Not opposed to Malgus being more powerful than Maul, but what's the reasoning for it?

Sinious
I believe he can take a few rounds, just not as much as Vader.
They can't let him unleash a maelstrom though.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
Not opposed to Malgus being more powerful than Maul, but what's the reasoning for it?

Potentially Force choking Darth Nox/Wrath + 1 or Hero/Thor + 1 is frankly damn impressive, notably Revan didn't do the same in the Foundry.

He also has some pretty insane lightning feats from Decieved, one point he sent a single burst of lightning out focused to kill a Jedi Knight and killed two Padawans as collateral. He electrocuted Leneer into unconcsiousness, only after melting her skin, all with a casual gesture and fried Adraas, boiling his skin.

Perhaps the greatest indication is his Force Maelstrom, arguably the second most difficult dark side technique in the mythos, according to Darth Sidious it is the stepping stone to Force Storm.

His being one with the Dark Side of the Force, the darkest being Satele had ever faced in his weakest incarnation way back at the onset of the Great War and more is also pretty indicative of massive Dark Side prowess.

FreshestSlice
Oneness isn't an accolade or feat, honestly.

AncientPower
A permanent version such as this is an incredible indication of Dark Side mastery. Keep in mind he feels this once temporarily when he stomps Adraas and then achieves a constant state of mind after killing Eleena Daru. It is the considerable increase in power that people tout.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious
Vader > Malgus > Maul
thumb up

Selenial
Vader > Malgus > Maul

Stigma
Vader > Malgus > Maul

Kurk
Malgus whoops Maul
Unless Malgus hits Vader with lightning, Ani takes it

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
Potentially Force choking Darth Nox/Wrath + 1 or Hero/Thor + 1 is frankly damn impressive, notably Revan didn't do the same in the Foundry.
Pretty sure those are just gameplay mechanics.

Lightning is an edge, just not sure who has better telekinesis.

Can perhaps roll with this argument.

Well, nearly collapsing a barracks when you're 15 isn't bad either. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

EmperorSidious2
Vader.

Trocity
Darth Vader.

FreshestSlice
A permanent version such as this is an incredible indication of Dark Side mastery. Keep in mind he feels this once temporarily when he stomps Adraas and then achieves a constant state of mind after killing Eleena Daru. It is the considerable increase in power that people tout.
There is no such thing as permanent Oneness, besides death I guess, and even if it were, Malgus would still be inferior to Vader, if he's constantly one with the Force and is still below him.

Unbowed
Malgus>Vader=Maul.

|King Joker|
Vader > Malgus > Maul Yup.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS

Lightning is an edge, just not sure who has better telekinesis.

Really? Malgus is a TK beast no doubt but I'd say Vader is superior due to the raw power he displays and how consistent and plenty his TK feats are.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS
Pretty sure those are just gameplay mechanics.

Scripted event actually, being able to keep the Republic/Empire's two most powerful protags in their prime; in a choke hold whilst focusing down another is a huge TK feat.

AncientPower
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
There is no such thing as permanent Oneness, besides death I guess, and even if it were, Malgus would still be inferior to Vader, if he's constantly one with the Force and is still below him.

Darth Malgus disagrees with you.

Nai
His being one with the Dark Side of the Force, the darkest being Satele had ever faced in his weakest incarnation way back at the onset of the Great War and more is also pretty indicative of massive Dark Side prowess.

I wonder, how this is much of a feat, given that Malgus was one of the first and only "dark beings" that Satele has seen in her career at that particular point, with the other being the former master of Malgus.

So him feeling like being one with the Force does mean he is one with the Force? I doubt it.

FreshestSlice
I'm really glad Darth Malgus' opinion can override everything else we know about a concept.

AncientPower
Telekinesis:

Lifts and throws several tons of duracrete despite being severely injured:

Launches a boulder from the mountain side and mentally rolls it twenty paces:

Malgus unleashes a wave of unfocused telekinetic energy that sends every person and bed in a packed hospital in the opposite direction, and blasts the doors off of their hinges:

Force Choke:

Malgus whilst heavily injured pulls a Jedi out of his Force concealment, carries him through the air and crushes his windpipe:

Malgus forces the Imperial Strike Team to their knees with Force Lightning:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4487500-4359773626-44874.gif

Malgus Force Leaps at the Strike Team and telekinetically hurls them:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4487499-2735228515-m8eBr.gif

Malgus Force Chokes the Strike Team:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4487502-8075808678-vQwzr.gif

Malgus is more than powerful enough to contend with Vader.

carthage
Originally posted by Nai
I wonder, how this is much of a feat, given that Malgus was one of the first and only "dark beings" that Satele has seen in her career at that particular point, with the other being the former master of Malgus.

So him feeling like being one with the Force does mean he is one with the Force? I doubt it. smile

She had also encountered Darth Baras and Darth Mekhi's at the time iirc. That was also way before his prime.

Vader wins though, he outskills Malgus and is more powerful assuming this is ROTJ Legends Vader

AncientPower
Originally posted by Nai

This is Satele's POV from the Cold War stage, after the treaty, meaning even Veradun as of Return is a more dangerous dark sider than anyone Satele has met since:

Originally posted by Nai
So him feeling like being one with the Force does mean he is one with the Force? I doubt it.

He has no reason at all to be hyperbolic, furthermore it isn't even character pov, it's a narrative description of how he felt.

carthage
It's kind of an odd definition of oneness to be fair

Sinious
I think whether he truly achieved Oneness or not isn't really that important since he certainly grew in power.

AncientPower
Yep, that his understanding of the Force increased daily is an indication that Force Maelstrom was indeed a prime feat he achieved after this growth.

ILS
Really? Malgus is a TK beast no doubt but I'd say Vader is superior due to the raw power he displays and how consistent and plenty his TK feats are. I was comparing Malgus and Maul.

ILS
My issue with Malgus is that his telekinetic feats during Deceived and prior aren't really out of Maul's paygrade, and during SWTOR his feats amount to pushing an unprepared strike team, and then choking them in a "scripted event" - which should really be taken with a bigger grain of salt than it currently is, considering it's, again, a gameplay mechanic, and happens several times throughout the fight.

The best option is probably taking his Deceived feats and prior and justifying how much he improved by during the timeskip to False Emperor. Otherwise? I'm not putting Force pushing people who for whatever reason weren't defending themselves over Maul or any other relatively powerful telekinetic.

AncientPower
He increased drastically in power really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.