Nova Prime & Gladiator vs. Spectrum & Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

ShadowFyre
Team 1 in a decent fight. I think Glads outclasses them a bit physically, and can keep them occupied, but its gonna take Nova to actually put down Monica.

Supermutant
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Team 1 in a decent fight. I think Glads outclasses them a bit physically, and can keep them occupied, but its gonna take Nova to actually put down Monica.

A competent Spectrum can take out Nova Prime, but its easier for her to just change into that radiation that Glads is very weak against. And let BM handle Nova Prime.

ShadowFyre
Lol. Team 1 has years of feats that put them solidly above team 2. Nova has energy manip and can shield. Glads is faster than both. And BM has only done 3 things of any note. He is not ready to be put up against people like Glads,SS, Thor. He is super overhyped on this site from what I have seen.

He lifted a comet the size of arkansas, Gladiator ripped or crushed a star in half. He did ok against a weak Sentry, and a weak shuma gorath.

Spectrum goes as fast as light, Glads could still blitz her. Someone show me a scan of her instantly finding an opponents weakness while he is beating her partners teeth in and turning into that radiation.

ShadowFyre
I dont want to sound like a hater either, I like BM an Spectrum. But retconned in or not, they just dont have enough feats to contend. But on the flipbside, since they are new and flavor of the month, they also have very few low showings.

Supermutant
lol if you think Spectrum can only go fast as light you really need to read up on her. And Spectrum has routinely change from one energy form to next, w/out any problems besides the fact that Gladiator wouldn't be able to do anything to her intangible form. Nova can't trapped an intangible being that can change wavelengths. And Monica has been around as long as Gladiator and has many more appearance than Richard as Nova Prime.

Also Spectrum has received a power upgrade on top of ftl speed, ability to turn into any energy including magic, phasing, energy absorption, duplication, size manipulation, etc. Anyway I'm currently in a bz with Spectrum vs Nova Prime so I'll continue to take my arguments over there.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t615282.html

Blue Area Vet
I dont want to sound like a hater either, I like BM an Spectrum. But retconned in or not, they just dont have enough feats to contend. But on the flipbside, since they are new and flavor of the month, they also have very few low showings.

It's not a weight lifting contest, feasts and history aren't the deciding factor. I can't think of a single way Monica can be dealt with, so team II.

ShadowFyre
I will be honest, I havent kept up on Spectrum past couple months. I figured Nova could do it pretty easily. And I never made it a weight lifting contest and actual feats are one of thebdeciding factors.

I will concede I need to go check her respect thread and learn some.

Glads would steamroll Blue Marvel. And I really like Adam because were both named Adam and were both U.S. Marines.

One_Angry_Scot
I will be honest, I havent kept up on Spectrum past couple months. I figured Nova could do it pretty easily. And I never made it a weight lifting contest and actual feats are one of thebdeciding factors.

I will concede I need to go check her respect thread and learn some.

Glads would steamroll Blue Marvel. And I really like Adam because were both named Adam and were both U.S. Marines.

Gladiator is never doing anything of the sort.

ShadowFyre
Why? Because Blue Marvel somewhat stalemated a weak Sentry? Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more vicious imo. There is not one single showing of BM that is not completely dwarfed by Glads. I just read his entire respect thread. Adam Brashear is a badass and I enjoy him as a new character. And I hope to see more of him. But Gladiator will beat him.

One_Angry_Scot
Why? Because Blue Marvel somewhat stalemated a weak Sentry? Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more vicious imo. There is not one single showing of BM that is not completely dwarfed by Glads. I just read his entire respect thread. Adam Brashear is a badass and I enjoy him as a new character. And I hope to see more of him. But Gladiator will beat him.

All I am saying is I think you are overdoing it when you say he steamrolls him. That's all.

Henry_Pym
Glads solos this.

Adam just hasn't done anything since his impressive intro and Monica is tough but Glads is out of her weight class.

krisblaze
Spectrum is out of her league here imo..

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
All I am saying is I think you are overdoing it when you say he steamrolls him. That's all.

Maybe Im exaggerating, but I think Glads takes a heavy majority

Blue Area Vet

Is King Hyperion, Anti-man and Pagan weak?

Stoic
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Glads solos this.

Adam just hasn't done anything since his impressive intro and Monica is tough but Glads is out of her weight class.

Lol how does that invalidate his prior feats? Has anyone even proven that Blue Marvel wasn't as powerful as Anti-Man?

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Is King Hyperion, Anti-man and Pagan weak?

Exactly, Pagan was able to overpower Thor in a direct contest of strength, and striking power. Strong evidence supports that Blue Marvel defeated Pagan one on one. If not I guess we should also invalidate his lifting feats, since we didn't actually see him land, and safely place the pyramid, and the state sized asteroid that he casually flew around with. On the other hand, we should believe that Gladiator would be more than an afterthought to Adam, considering his terrible record against a weak version of Thor in Eric Masterson, his inability to pummel the mess out of Black bolt, who has yet to show that he could physically (H2H) go to toe toe with either the Sentry, or Anti-Man.

Is there any evidence to show that Anti-Man was actually somehow different than Blue Marvel in terms of power, and strength level? I just think that it's pretty ignorant to attempt to dismiss anything that BM did on panel. He still has yet to suffer from anything that any other high herald would have suffered from. In close BM is a monster when he stops holding back.

Lol at the concept that BM is slow. Ridiculous, when we consider that he was able to floor King Hyperion who happens to operate at Gladiator or better levels of speed.

Stoic
BM solo's Believe it. Monica rips Richie up, on every level. Lets not kid ourselves. We would need to see her energy manip skills compared to Prime's, because i could have sworn, that a weaker Monica than the current one that was augmented by BM, was pretty darn good and energy manipulation. Team 2 wreck them without a doubt.

deathslash
Really good points Stoic. Team two takes this.

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
Really good points Stoic. Team two takes this.

Thanks brother. Evidence isn't lying this time.

thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanks brother. Evidence isn't lying this time.

thumb up

Just call me chopped liver. stick out tongue

Knife
Nova's gravity control could wreak havoc on a being of electromagnetism.

Stoic
Originally posted by Knife
Nova's gravity control could wreak havoc on a being of electromagnetism.

Are you classifying Adam as a being of electromagnetism?

I'm not entirely sure Marvel comic book Anti Matter has the same meaning as this: In particle physics, antimatter is material composed of antiparticles; which have the same mass as particles of ordinary matter but have opposite charge and other particle properties such as lepton and baryon number, quantum spin, etc?

let's assume that it does okay?

All the same we saw how powerful Anihilus was when he was kicking the crap out of Richie, and Adam is actually a very powerful energy manipulator as well. He did mend Monica in an energized state after all. The Avengers team that was getting the crap beaten out of it by Pagan alone would send Richie to the hospital. Crap, Thor and Wonder Man was there, Pagan put them through the paces. BM would clock Prime, and he'd break Galdiator's jaw, and send him to off to Nap-Ville. No way would Gladiator be a match for the Sentry or Anti-Man. Just not happening. Not with his record at least.

leonidas
pretty sure the EM being he meant was monica..... confused

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
pretty sure the EM being he meant was monica..... confused

Oh. my bad. Monica has gotten stronger though. but even if he took Monica, Gladiator isn't beating Adam. Not very likely, and Richie isn't going to do it either. If I recall correctly, Anti-Man was a beast. he would have peeled King Hyperion's scalp back. The problem with Adam is that he is portrayed as the hero, and his dialog even proves that he's another one of those characters that hold back for fear of killing his opponent. Like Superman, Batman, captain America, Spider Man etc. BM is on a higher level of power than either Gladiator or Prime.

Blue Area Vet
Not sure that Nova's gravimetrics can or have effected energy.

BM and S are just a bad matchup for most if not all herald teams. One guy that would be potentially deadly to Spectrum is Vulcan.

ShadowFyre
These are good points stoic, and you almost swayed me till you said BM would one shot Gladiator. Thor, Glads, SS, and Hulk all have low showings. Because they have years and thousands of more comics they appeared in.

Using Glads jobbing and low showings of course BM would win, he has no bad showings.

If we went by just high end and at their best, and not jobbing out for plot. Gladiator would win

Blue Area Vet
These are good points stoic, and you almost swayed me till you said BM would one shot Gladiator. Thor, Glads, SS, and Hulk all have low showings. Because they have years and thousands of more comics they appeared in.

Using Glads jobbing and low showings of course BM would win, he has no bad showings.

If we went by just high end and at their best, and not jobbing out for plot. Gladiator would win

But he never mentioned low showings by Gladiator in his argument. BM has everything Gladiator has physically plus Antimatter production and manipulation in the form of blasts and shields, plus he is incredibly intelligent.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
But he never mentioned low showings by Gladiator in his argument. Thor has beaten Gladiator and fought him evenly and Pagan beat Thor. BM has everything Gladiator has physically plus Antimatter production and manipulation in the form of blasts and shields, plus he is incredibly intelligent. He used his power and micro vision to diagnosed, save and upgrade Monica.

Sin I AM
Team 2. Honestly Gladiator really isn't impressive

Stoic

When did I say one shot. If that's what you got from a previous statement, then I likely didn't explain the pound for pound that would happen if they fought. He wouldn't one shot him, but in the end Gladiator would be nursing a broken jaw. Kallark simply does not have the track record to be able to compete against the Sentry, Anti-Man, or Blue Marvel. Spider Man even said that Black Bolt was one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but that Sentry was even more powerful than he was. Gladiator could not take Black Bolt in a physical match up without BB shouting at him. We saw this in WoK (War of Kings). Black Bolt is a notch below BM, and that era Sentry. Honestly man. Gladiator's record is crystal clear, and he would be bullied by BM. Look at the fight that he had with Hyperion (not the same Hyperion as King Hyperion) but lets say that King Hyperion and the Hyperion that Gladiator fought was on par, it took a lot for gladiator to take hyerion out, and only did it because of his superior combat experience. They were dead even.

If BM went in from the door to beat King Hyperion up, he would have broke him without a doubt. Instead he went in talking against a villain, and got cocky, and KH popped him in the mouth. BM gets back up, and destroys KH to the point that he wasn't able to get up. Gladiator is just on a slightly lower level.

JBL
Team 1 wins. BM is not beating gladiator ever. Gladiator against the likes of thor, hulk and other strong and powerful foes WILL start off great and by PLOT will be written to lose while the heros get the win because they are the hero of the story. Using gladiators high end feats of destroying planets on strength alone, his speed feats, his containing energy that would have destroyed half a solar system where he IS NOT fighting a hero where he will lose because thats the story is above BM. I keep reminding people of the spiderman firelord fight where firelords fights against thor and surfer and his feats were thrown out the window to by PLOT let spiderman win because of the story. Its just like superman getting KOED by a gas-station explosion yet he has taken planet destroying blasts to the face. Its not who you beat and who he lost to that determines the outcome of a battle between characters. BY PLOT, the hero will beat any foe no matter his powers but by feats and powerset, those losers should and would destroy the hero in the hand of a NEUTRAL and non-biased no plot setting. Team one wins without plot.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by JBL
Team 1 wins. BM is not beating gladiator ever. Gladiator against the likes of thor, hulk and other strong and powerful foes WILL start off great and by PLOT will be written to lose while the heros get the win because they are the hero of the story. Using gladiators high end feats of destroying planets on strength alone, his speed feats, his containing energy that would have destroyed half a solar system where he IS NOT fighting a hero where he will lose because thats the story is above BM. I keep reminding people of the spiderman firelord fight where firelords fights against thor and surfer and his feats were thrown out the window to by PLOT let spiderman win because of the story. Its just like superman getting KOED by a gas-station explosion yet he has taken planet destroying blasts to the face. Its not who you beat and who he lost to that determines the outcome of a battle between characters. BY PLOT, the hero will beat any foe no matter his powers but by feats and powerset, those losers should and would destroy the hero in the hand of a NEUTRAL and non-biased no plot setting. Team one wins without plot.

This is what I was getting at. And my bad Stoic, I thought u meant he was just gonna one shot him and break his jaw.

Stoic
This is what I was getting at. And my bad Stoic, I thought u meant he was just gonna one shot him and break his jaw.

Dude you can't listen to that crap. Honestly now, BM put out heavy damage on the moon by using a medal. Planets also don't fight back. If we went by feats like that Hyperion of the Avengers makes nearly everyone look like chumps, but what is his actual record against opponents? Gladiator isn't a villain, he loses because his opponents are either better, or outright more powerful than he is. Gladiator only defeated Hyperion (Not the one from the Avengers) because he had superior skills. people try to make any excuse for the reasons why BM isn't in the major leagues, but none of them hold any weight. I mean what bad showing does he have exactly? Like I said before, Gladiator was shown to be a physical match with Black Bolt, and I really can't see Black Bolt fighting evenly with the Sentry, Anti-Man, or Blue Marvel.

Blue Marvel proved beyond a doubt that he can go up against a guy capable of embarassing both Thor and Wonder Man with back up. Pagan is that guy. Pagan is also a villain, so what now? using a characters one time crazy feats isn't the way to win a debate. We go by averages, and on average Gladiator would get the crap beaten out of him by Adam just like King Hyperion did.

Another point that i would like to make, is that Anti-Man only appeared to be more powerful than Adam, because he didn't hold back, while like I mentioned before Adam is a hero, and he holds back so that he doesn't kill his opponents. The team of Avengers that Adam was beating up would kick the crap out of Gladiator if we compare them to the guys that have actually knowcked Gladiator out. The Sentry and Wonder Man alone would be enough, if would added Captain Marvel (Carol), and Iron Man to the mix, they murder him. JBL is only making excuses, with absolutely no evidence to prove that Gladiator is actually on Adam's level.

JBL
Originally posted by Stoic
Dude you can't listen to that crap. Honestly now, BM put out heavy damage on the moon by using a medal. Planets also don't fight back. If we went by feats like that Hyperion of the Avengers makes nearly everyone look like chumps, but what is his actual record against opponents? Gladiator isn't a villain, he loses because his opponents are either better, or outright more powerful than he is. Gladiator only defeated Hyperion (Not the one from the Avengers) because he had superior skills. people try to make any excuse for the reasons why BM isn't in the major leagues, but none of them hold any weight. I mean what bad showing does he have exactly? Like I said before, Gladiator was shown to be a physical match with Black Bolt, and I really can't see Black Bolt fighting evenly with the Sentry, Anti-Man, or Blue Marvel.

Blue Marvel proved beyond a doubt that he can go up against a guy capable of embarassing both Thor and Wonder Man with back up. Pagan is that guy. Pagan is also a villain, so what now? using a characters one time crazy feats isn't the way to win a debate. We go by averages, and on average Gladiator would get the crap beaten out of him by Adam just like King Hyperion did.

Another point that i would like to make, is that Anti-Man only appeared to be more powerful than Adam, because he didn't hold back, while like I mentioned before Adam is a hero, and he holds back so that he doesn't kill his opponents. The team of Avengers that Adam was beating up would kick the crap out of Gladiator if we compare them to the guys that have actually knowcked Gladiator out. The Sentry and Wonder Man alone would be enough, if would added Captain Marvel (Carol), and Iron Man to the mix, they murder him. JBL is only making excuses, with absolutely no evidence to prove that Gladiator is actually on Adam's level. Name ONE mainstream hero that BM has beaten????? By your logic, spiderman is better and more powerful than firelord?????? Your the team that BM was beating would murder gladiator holds no water because that was the story plot. I could say that gladiator was doing damn well against Ego the living planet who has stalemated Galactus himself who would steamroll earth if not for plot. Tell you what, let BM attack DC earth and watch as the HERO superman by plot send him back to marvel with his azz on a silver platter or let gladiator take supermans place in the JLA and then let all his so-called betters attack him or DC earth and see what happens. Again, name just one mainstream super powered hero on supermans, thor etc level that played the hero in that story that BM has beaten?????????

iceman24567
Team 2 wins

Stoic
Originally posted by JBL
Name ONE mainstream hero that BM has beaten????? By your logic, spiderman is better and more powerful than firelord?????? Your the team that BM was beating would murder gladiator holds no water because that was the story plot. I could say that gladiator was doing damn well against Ego the living planet who has stalemated Galactus himself who would steamroll earth if not for plot. Tell you what, let BM attack DC earth and watch as the HERO superman by plot send him back to marvel with his azz on a silver platter or let gladiator take supermans place in the JLA and then let all his so-called betters attack him or DC earth and see what happens. Again, name just one mainstream super powered hero on supermans, thor etc level that played the hero in that story that BM has beaten?????????

Why would I have to name one mainstream heavy hitter on Thor's level? Didn't he rock the Sentry? Oh yeah, you must have forgotten about him. Who has Gladiator beaten barring a sneak attack? Gladiator does not have the track record to stand toe to toe against any of the elite top tiers. If so, name one guy that he's beaten on Thor's level. Just one. Please don't start up with this Gladiator being Superman's equal crap, because he isn't, and has never proven to be his equal.

Also, asking all of those questions will not somehow invalidate Adam's track record. I'd bet that Pagan would beat the mess out of Gladiator.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Team 2 wins

thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by JBL
Name ONE mainstream hero that BM has beaten????? By your logic, spiderman is better and more powerful than firelord?????? Your the team that BM was beating would murder gladiator holds no water because that was the story plot. I could say that gladiator was doing damn well against Ego the living planet who has stalemated Galactus himself who would steamroll earth if not for plot. Tell you what, let BM attack DC earth and watch as the HERO superman by plot send him back to marvel with his azz on a silver platter or let gladiator take supermans place in the JLA and then let all his so-called betters attack him or DC earth and see what happens. Again, name just one mainstream super powered hero on supermans, thor etc level that played the hero in that story that BM has beaten?????????

What would be the purpose of that?

MaZeRaIII
Team 2.

celeyhyga17
BM did not cause damage on the moon with a medal. Carry on gentlemen...

Sin I AM
Can someone point out gladiators feats..i don't recall any

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Can someone point out gladiators feats..i don't recall any
PM Carver

MaZeRaIII
Team 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.