Characters you'd like to see in Future Playstation All-Stars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
For me, it'd be...

Rayman

OLD Dante

Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)

If Sony can get the rights to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, that'd be a must.

Dart from Legend of Dragoon

The Hero Patapon

...Cloud??...

Shovel Knight (He is never going to be in Smash, let's face it.)

Kessler

The DOT guy from 3D Dot Game Heroes

Sora

Someone... from Portal.

Corvo from Dishonored

Leon S. Kennedy (Sorry Chris, Leon is just.... better...)

If we're really stretching for Characters here... MAYBE the guy from Bloodborne.

Third-Party Titles:

Doomguy

Altair

Alex Mercer.

The Hunter, Titan, or Warlock from Destiny.

Gabriel Belmont from Lords of Shadow.

Bro SMASH
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife, Solid Snake, Sora, Fei Fong Wong, Croc, Abe, Dart, Toan, and Yoshimitsu.

I think I might want to see Ezio in it too...or somebody from Assassin's Creed.

AsbestosFlaygon
Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

Cloud Strife (FFVII Remake)

The twins from World of Final Fantasy

The Hunter (Bloodborne)
Gehrman, The First Hunter (Bloodborne)

Arkham Knight (Batman: Arkham Knight)

Joel (The Last of Us)

Nemesis X
Solid Snake
Hatsune Miku
Cloud Strife
Fetch
Jill Valentine
Ari & Stan
Sora
Original Dante

StealthRanger
Original Dante and Vergil

Senator Armstrong

Jetstream Sam

Jmanghan
They... Kinda have to make sense, guys.

Hatsune Miku is a no go, and Solid Snake stays on Smash. Playstation All-Stars is going to have those same as last time, but with added characters.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
They... Kinda have to make sense, guys.

Hatsune Miku is a no go

Even though her Project Diva games are awesome? You disgust me.

That's for Konami to decide. I want him in both personally. He's earned it.

ares834
Solid Snake stays on Smash.

Snake's not even in the new Smash. erm

Plus he is most commonly considered to be a Playstation character and MSG1 was huge on PS1. He needs to be in All-Stars.

So does Cloud and Crash.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X

That's for Konami to decide. I want him in both personally. He's earned it. They aren't going to put an anime character in PS All-Stars.

I played it and couldn't figure out how to do a damn thing.

Though, its worth mentioning that I also can't play any DDR, Guitar Hero, or Rock Band games, even on easy.

Its also not popular enough.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X

That's for Konami to decide. I want him in both personally. He's earned it.

I mean, can they do that?

Isn't there a binding contract that says "HEY, SNAKE STAYS IN SMASH, WE SUE YOU IF YOU DON'T AGREEE!!"

Nemesis X
They aren't going to put an anime character in PS All-Stars.

While she didn't originate from a game, her first game though and the ones after are mostly Playstation handheld exclusives.

Not popular enough? Vocaloids!? Hatsune Miku products sell like hotcakes with pixie sprinkles in Japan. Her games reached the top of sales charts there with enough popularity gained to have Project Diva arcade cabinets placed around publicly because they know how much people love her and take advantage of it. She is an icon. If the opportunity presented itself to put her in as even a cameo, I can't see Sony saying no.

I mean, can they do that?

Isn't there a binding contract that says "HEY, SNAKE STAYS IN SMASH, WE SUE YOU IF YOU DON'T AGREEE!!"

If that were true, he'd have been in the new Smash Bros. then.

Nemesis X
Come to think of it, you know who appeared in Smash Bros. twice but didn't originate from a game? R.O.B. the robot. He was a gaming accessory for NES but never necessarily originated from a videogame himself so if he can appear in Smash, why not Hatsune in All-Stars?

Demonic Phoenix
For me, it'd be...

Rayman

OLD Dante

If Sony can get the rights to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, that'd be a must.

Dart from Legend of Dragoon

The Hero Patapon

...Cloud??...

Shovel Knight (He is never going to be in Smash, let's face it.)

Kessler

The DOT guy from 3D Dot Game Heroes

Sora

Someone... from Portal.

Corvo from Dishonored

Leon S. Kennedy (Sorry Chris, Leon is just.... better...)

If we're really stretching for Characters here... MAYBE the guy from Bloodborne.

Third-Party Titles:

Doomguy

Altair

Alex Mercer.

The Hunter, Titan, or Warlock from Destiny.

Gabriel Belmont from Lords of Shadow.

Since when is Corvo from one of Sony's first party titles? And if he's in there, they better put in the Dragonborn too.

Bentley
Mario.

AsbestosFlaygon

Hatsune Miku is a no go, and Solid Snake stays on Smash. Playstation All-Stars is going to have those same as last time, but with added characters.
Raiden was in the game. I don't see why Solid can't be added.

I agree with Hatsune, though. She isn't really a Playstation character.

I don't think Sony's gonna add more console multi-plat characters. They'll be focusing more on first-party plat characters.

More characters I hope will be added:

- King of All Cosmos (Katamari)
- Joseph Capelli (Resistance)
- Nathan Hale (Resistance)
- Ryu (Street Fighter 5)
- Necalli (Street Fighter 5)
- Monkey (Ape Escape)
- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
- Rikimaru (Tenchu)
- Yoshitsune Minamoto (Genji)
- Kutaro (Puppeteer)

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

- Rikimaru (Tenchu)

That i would like see.

Bro SMASH
To be honest, I also would like to see Q*bert in the game.

Jmanghan
Is Qbert a PS Character?

Bro SMASH
Is Qbert a PS Character?

Yeah. Even Q*bert Rebooted is released exclusively on the PS consoles.

Nemesis X
Since RE2 remake was announced, I won't be surprised if Capcom wants to get Leon Kennedy or Claire Redfield onboard. I'd be okay with that.

Jmanghan
Leon S. Kennedy >>>>> Chris Redfield.

Would want him in the game, but its doubtful because Chris was the character in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Nusa105
Is Delsin not exist yet in Playstation all stars? So if he's not, i'd say his name

Bro SMASH
Leon S. Kennedy >>>>> Chris Redfield.

Would want him in the game, but its doubtful because Chris was the character in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Leon did make it in Project X Zone 2. He can still be a possible character over Chris.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Nusa105
Is Delsin not exist yet in Playstation all stars? So if he's not, i'd say his name

His game came out a year later, so nope.

Bro SMASH
Actually, make that two years later.

Jmanghan
Ryo Hazuki?

I know he started out on the Dreamcast, but it looks like Shenmue III could be a PS4 exclusive. I'm itching for a newer and better Playstation All-Stars.

I wouldn't care if they blatantly stole the percentage system, I'd just like it to be more fun and exciting.

Or maybe you can knock people off the map and kill them but only with well-timed strikes, instead of ONLY supers.

They messed up the kill mechanics so bad.

Bro SMASH
I'd rather the KO system stay the same. I prefer it over the percentage system. At least the players have to truly fight for their KOs instead of running around and stealing them from other players.

Sacred Fire
Not really. Kratos and Raiden (for example) could simply spam side-square and bumrush the enemy into oblivion with a level 1 finish.

I certainly don't subscribe to blatantly ripping off Smash for mechanical revisions; they're already admittedly derivative enough. I do agree, however, that the core gameplay could use an overhaul to keep the game from stagnating, but it should be something unique to them.

Nemesis X
I've always wanted All-Stars to have another chance. It's the KO system that's gotta go. The concept of building your meter to finish someone off sounds like a boss battle. Four players thwacking each other continuously all the time just to get that meter filled first makes it more akin to a race than a fighting game. Change that and the only issue is choice of roster.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind Knack being included.

>_>

<_<

What?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I'd rather the KO system stay the same. I prefer it over the percentage system. At least the players have to truly fight for their KOs instead of running around and stealing them from other players. You're the first person I've ever heard of that prefers the K.O. system of All-Stars over the percentage system.

I personally like any version of Smash MUCH more then All-Stars.

Hell, even SSF2 did a better job then All-Stars in my opinion.

The problem was, for a game called "All-Stars", there wasn't any real Playstation star power.

No crash, but Nariko from ****ing Heavenly Sword? Really?

Its cool shes in the game and all, the more the merrier, but they messed up exponentially in terms of characters.

I don't hate the current K.O. system, however it would be better if your combos and skill meant something, the entire original Playstation All-Stars centered around a single mechanic, hit them with your super.

Hit them with an attack that may or may not need to be accurate.

It's annoying when you combo the hell out of someone and nothing happens.

No percentage system, but how's this. To get an edge over Smash, make it possible for your character to knock the others off the screen for a kill, but also keep the super meter. You get a kill either way, but since damage doesn't build up it's still difficult for them to get knocked off the screen.

So basically, for an example, when you fall off the screen on the Uncharted stage, instead of losing your orbs, you die instead.

For people who don't like that idea and wanna keep it with just supers, you still have stages with no place to fall from, and others are designed with areas you can fall and die from.

Maybe balance out the cast a little more, add TONS of new characters (Enough to trump SSBM at least), and you have a complete package.

Bro SMASH
Hell, even SSF2 did a better job then All-Stars in my opinion.

SSF2?

The problem was, for a game called "All-Stars", there wasn't any real Playstation star power.

No crash, but Nariko from ****ing Heavenly Sword? Really?

Its cool shes in the game and all, the more the merrier, but they messed up exponentially in terms of characters.

Kratos, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Cole MacGrath, Nathan Drake, Heihachi, and Toro are all undeniably All-Stars. There are a lot of characters (including Crash) that I would have loved to see this game just like everybody else but that doesn't mean the current roster is lacking in All-Stars.

I don't hate the current K.O. system, however it would be better if your combos and skill meant something, the entire original Playstation All-Stars centered around a single mechanic, hit them with your super.

Hit them with an attack that may or may not need to be accurate.

It's annoying when you combo the hell out of someone and nothing happens.

No percentage system, but how's this. To get an edge over Smash, make it possible for your character to knock the others off the screen for a kill, but also keep the super meter. You get a kill either way, but since damage doesn't build up it's still difficult for them to get knocked off the screen.

So basically, for an example, when you fall off the screen on the Uncharted stage, instead of losing your orbs, you die instead.

For people who don't like that idea and wanna keep it with just supers, you still have stages with no place to fall from, and others are designed with areas you can fall and die from.

Maybe balance out the cast a little more, add TONS of new characters (Enough to trump SSBM at least), and you have a complete package.

Or they could just add a health bar feature. Anything but the percentage feature. It's done with Smash Bros. and it's frustrating enough.

Jmanghan
SSF2?

Kratos, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Cole MacGrath, Nathan Drake, Heihachi, and Toro are all undeniably All-Stars. There are a lot of characters (including Crash) that I would have loved to see this game just like everybody else but that doesn't mean the current roster is lacking in All-Stars.

Or they could just add a health bar feature. Anything but the percentage feature. It's done with Smash Bros. and it's frustrating enough. ..I'd like it to keep its smash-like mechanics.

Jmanghan
Nobody knows who Toro is, and SSF2 is a fanmade smash bros. game.

Its very faithfully made.

Bro SMASH
...Toro is mascot of Sony Japan so people do know who he is.

And really, the game doesn't need to copy Smash Bros. KO system. It needs something to stand out from Smash Bros.

Jmanghan
I think Crono would go to Smash before this, but he'd be a great edition!

jinXed by JaNx
Kung Fury

Jmanghan
No!

Solid47
Big Boss, The Boss, Ocelot, Altair, Ezio Auditore, Leon S. Kenedy, Chris Redfield, Albert Wesker, Samanosuke (Onimusha), Kazuma Kyriu, Agent 47, John Marston, Max Payne, etc.....

Jmanghan
I've got one you guys probably weren't expecting: Tak (Tak and the Power of JuJu).

Used to play it all the time over my cousin's house.

Jmanghan
Pyramid Head would do wonders, IMO.

If they could get him in the game, that'd be awesome.

Estacado
War
Death
Raiden
Jetstream Sam
Kazuya
Delsin
Mercer
Optimus
Grimlock
Megatron
Shockwave
Talion(SOM)

Bro SMASH
I wouldn't mind if this was the roster for a sequel.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z421/VictoryIsMudkipz/RyanTrentPSASBRbackground.png

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z421/VictoryIsMudkipz/RyanTrentPSASBRbackground.png

Jmanghan
Shadow is a no-go, sorry.

Jmanghan
But yeah, that looks pretty cool.

Bro SMASH
Yeah, just swap Shadow for Croc.

Then throw in Dart and Abe.

Jmanghan
Yeah, just swap Shadow for Croc.

Then throw in Dart and Abe.

Who the hell is Croc? :/

Bro SMASH
Who the hell is Croc? :/

The main character from Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.

This game here:

tQ5xtiisV-U

I should have said throw in Dart, Abe, and Fei.

Jmanghan
The main character from Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.

This game here:

tQ5xtiisV-U

I should have said throw in Dart, Abe, and Fei.

Croc games were both on Gameboy as well.

Bro SMASH
Croc games were both on Gameboy as well.

The PlayStation version was the most popular one. It was the primary console for the game. It was even referenced in the LittleBigPlanet History of PlayStation video.

Jmanghan
The PlayStation version was the most popular one. It was the primary console for the game. It was even referenced in the LittleBigPlanet History of PlayStation video. Thats weird.

It was also on Microsoft Windows, so yeah.

Bro SMASH
Thats weird.

It was also on Microsoft Windows, so yeah.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Nusa105
Here's the Another Characters that i'd like too see:

Sub Zero

Scorpion

Agent 47

Tomas Sevchenko

Nathan Hale

Geralt of Rivia, and

Ryu(Street Fighter)

Jesus McBurger
Here's the Another Characters that i'd like too see:

Sub Zero

Scorpion

Agent 47

Tomas Sevchenko

Nathan Hale

Geralt of Rivia, and

Ryu(Street Fighter)
Agent 47 in playstation all-stars laughing out loud

Nusa105
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Agent 47 in playstation all-stars laughing out loud
Oh sorry

Jesus McBurger
Oh sorry
Don't be I love the thought of using garrot wire on jak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.