Burter vs. Recoome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
2 of the most powerful Ginyu face off. who takes it?

Hero of Python
No way Recoome can withstand the fastest fighter in the Universe.

Galan007
Burter wins.

When ki is equal(as is the case here), the faster combatant will always win... And Burter was the fastest member of the Ginyu Force, aside from the Captain himself.

juggerman
Burter can't overcome Recoome's ridiculous defenses.

Galan007
Sure he can. Recoome's defenses only seemed uber as hell because he was fighting Vegeta, whose PL was significantly lower than his own(between 20,000-30,000.)

Put Recoome against a much faster opponent, with a PL equal to his, and he wouldn't seem like nearly as much of a tank, imo.

Damborgson
Before his near death experience, vegeta was at 24k, after Zarbon it'd be fair to say he'd gone over the 30k mark.

The ginyu force members were supposed to be...60k or so?

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
Before his near death experience, vegeta was at 24k, after Zarbon it'd be fair to say he'd gone over the 30k mark.

The ginyu force members were supposed to be...60k or so? Just before Vegeta attacked Recoome, it was noted that his PL was at 20,000 "and still rising":
http://i.imgur.com/cm9kDPem.jpg http://i.imgur.com/X5Q2CK7m.jpg

So he was somewhere between 20-30k at the time.

Burter/Jeice/Recoome were each around 40k.

juggerman
Originally posted by Galan007
Sure he can. Recoome's defenses only seemed uber as hell because he was fighting Vegeta, whose PL was significantly lower than his own(between 20,000-30,000.)

Put Recoome against a much faster opponent, with a PL equal to his, and he wouldn't seem like nearly as much of a tank, imo.

It seemed as tho their PL's were distributed differently among their attributes. While yes their PL's were even, Burter was way WAY faster. That only makes sense if his ki was more focused on speed. Likewise Recoome was the tank of the group so his strength and durability should be as much higher than Burter's as Burter's speed was to Recoome. If that's the case, and I have the feeling it is, Burter would have a hard time with hurting Recoome and Recoome would have a hard time landing a hit on Burter.

I just think once Recoome does land that hit, Burter would be done for

Damborgson
Just before Vegeta attacked Recoome, it was noted that his PL was at 20,000 "and still rising":
http://i.imgur.com/cm9kDPem.jpg http://i.imgur.com/X5Q2CK7m.jpg

So he was somewhere between 20-30k at the time.

Burter/Jeice/Recoome were each around 40k.

Yeah I remember reading that, just didn't make much sense. Not that the power ups made much sense, since after that fight his power rose to a point where he held first form Frieza against his will.

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
It seemed as tho their PL's were distributed differently among their attributes. While yes their PL's were even, Burter was way WAY faster. That only makes sense if his ki was more focused on speed. Likewise Recoome was the tank of the group so his strength and durability should be as much higher than Burter's as Burter's speed was to Recoome. If that's the case, and I have the feeling it is, Burter would have a hard time with hurting Recoome and Recoome would have a hard time landing a hit on Burter.

I just think once Recoome does land that hit, Burter would be done for Mutants are illogical, even by DBZ standards. That said, Recoome *might* have more physical strength, but there's no reason to assume that Burter still couldn't harm him. After all, Recoome was definitely affected by Vegeta's strikes, and Burter>Vegeta.

juggerman
Mutants are illogical, even by DBZ standards. That said, Recoome *might* have more physical strength, but there's no reason to assume that Burter still couldn't harm him. After all, Recoome was definitely affected by Vegeta's strikes, and Burter>Vegeta.

Oh I didn't mean to imply Burter could do nothing at all. I just don't see him doing anything too significant before Recoome gets his hands on him. Just my opinion

Ridley_Prime
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120429131728/dragonball/images/c/c8/I_can%27t_believe_it%27s_not_burter.jpg

/thread

SSJGGogeta

I just think once Recoome does land that hit, Burter would be done for

It might have seemed that way to you, but if Jeice was faced with the attacks that Vegeta landed on Recoome, he would have tanked them even MORE easily. The daizenshuu showed from power levels that Recoome was the weakest of the three, and that Jeice was second, and Burter was the strongest. Which makes A LOT of sense, since Burter was the fastest, and your speed in DBZ depends on your ki level. Meaning that Recoome just tanked Vegeta's attacks by being stronger than him.

It had nothing to do with his power being focused on strength and durability, even though the ki users in DBZ CAN augment ANY of their physical abilities above and away with ki.

juggerman
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
It might have seemed that way to you, but if Jeice was faced with the attacks that Vegeta landed on Recoome, he would have tanked them even MORE easily. The daizenshuu showed from power levels that Recoome was the weakest of the three, and that Jeice was second, and Burter was the strongest. Which makes A LOT of sense, since Burter was the fastest, and your speed in DBZ depends on your ki level. Meaning that Recoome just tanked Vegeta's attacks by being stronger than him.

It had nothing to do with his power being focused on strength and durability, even though the ki users in DBZ CAN augment ANY of their physical abilities above and away with ki.

Pretty sure their ki was equal but if I was wrong yes Burter would win. My stance was based on the idea they were equal. If indeed they were my point stands. Can you link your evidence?

And as Galan pointed out, the Ginyu's were mutants so the normal "faster means stronger" may not apply to them as we don't really know what kind of changes their mutations caused. Also they had no idea about ki augmentation as they were shocked and amazed at Goku and Ginyu himself had to explain it to Jeice

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
The daizenshuu showed from power levels that Recoome was the weakest of the three, and that Jeice was second, and Burter was the strongest. You're referring to this, I assume?:
http://i.imgur.com/fhHMVBW.png

If so, that isn't from the Daizenshuu... Or any canonically recognized source material. It's fanmade. Truth be told, no specific power-levels have ever been listed for the Ginyu Force, aside from Captain Ginyu's PL of 120,000.

All we do know for certain is that Recoome tanked all of Vegeta's attacks, and stomped him effortlessly, when his PL was ~30,000. We also know that Recoome/Burter/Jeice were all equal, according to Krillin:
http://i.imgur.com/QJSRNpW.png

So I'd say they each had a PL of 40,000. Maybe a smidge higher.

And as Galan pointed out, the Ginyu's were mutants so the normal "faster means stronger" may not apply to them as we don't really know what kind of changes their mutations caused. thumb up

A good example of the "mutants don't do logical" concept is the fact that Burter was also the largest/bulkiest member of the Ginyu Force:
http://i.imgur.com/LyzswJw.png
...Yet he was still the fastest among them(aside from the Captain himself.)

To any non-mutant, increased size/bulk/mass usually equates to a significant decrease in speed. This was explicitly confirmed when Trunks and Goku used USSJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.