Anakin Skywalker & Satele Shan vs Darth Maul & Wrath II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
All characters in their peak incarnations.

Neutral ground.

R1: Sabers
R2: Force
R3: All out

Who wins?

EmperorSidious2
Team 1. Sabers

Team 1. Force

Team 1. All out

SunRazer
Team 1 takes Force. I'm not too sure about the others, since I'm just as confident that the Wrath > Satele as I am that Anakin > Maul.

carthage
Probably team 2 overall due to Satele being inferior to either

Sinious
No one else?

Vixas
For myself, Sabers would come down to the Wrath II VS Anakin. Ignoring game mechanics The Wrath and Satele are both heroes of the same vein as Kenobi, Anakin, Mace, etc, for their own time. Now Satele is indeed skilled with a saber, however her true power lies in her force abilities. Between these two, I give a slight edge to Anakin, though it is a solid 60/40 there.

In terms of Force powers.... I daresay Satele could almost win this herself, Anakin would just be the other 10-20% needed to assure victory. Her displays against Malgus are FAR beyond anything I have knowledge of Maul doing, and The Wrath's expertise is in saber combat. Not that this makes him inept at using the Force, but it is essetnially a reverse of why he would defeat her in sabers, in my opinion. So in all.....

1: Team 1, though I am just barely giving it to them.
2: Team 1 by a comfortable margin
3: Team 1 with a more sizable challenge, pushed a bit and possibly some injuries, but victory nonetheless.

Sinious
I still can't decide on this fight but I respectively have to disagree with some of the things you said tbh. Wrath is a clear superior of Satele. She has more fancy force feats but Wrath is more than powerful enough to keep up with her in the force and force her into a duel where he would win. Malgus is a beast no doubt but in Hope, he was far from his peak and unlike Malgus, Satele didn't get many feats after Hope.

Vixas
I see. Well, allow me to lay out my thought process then. smile

As seems to have been the case in my first thread, Maul is the weak link. While Wrath is indeed powerful, and I DO wholly agree with your statement about forcing Satele into a duel to her death in the all-out fight, Maul is below Prime-Anakin by a... decent margin. Obviously there are those who chalk it up to a slew of outside factors but Anakin did in-fact kill Count Dooku. (Who was well above Maul himself) Granted I will concede dueling both he and Kenobi together for the rather brief time he did would have been more taxing, still my point remains largely intact.

The amount of disparity between Anakin and Maul is greater than that between Satele and Wrath. Though I will agree with the Wrath carrying enough of an advantage to likely best Satele. If by chance the weaker links against their respective opponents DO fall at the same moment (Which I find unlikely) Then it is again Anakin VS The Wrath.

This comes down to how much their opponent took out of them. As battle is a taxing thing I find it highly likely Satele could have force the Wrath to expend MUCH more energy and effort than Anakin. Especially if he was going to be defeating her when Anakin defeated Maul, which is a stretch in my humble opinion. Given the powerful style Anakin utilizes the rather more worn-down Wrath would find himself on the back-foot at this point and Anakin's Djem-So specialization only makes this worse. With any attempt to garner momentum being met with the style's forte of "wide, powerful strikes and parries followed immediately by a counterattack".

As I said, it would be with effort, almost certainly injuries for Team 1 in the all-out fight, but I still see victory as the most likely outcome. That being said, that does not mean I don't see circumstances in which Team 2 COULD win, but the circumstances are much more specific than Team 1's victory requires.

Sinious
Originally posted by Vixas
I see. Well, allow me to lay out my thought process then. smile

As seems to have been the case in my first thread, Maul is the weak link. While Wrath is indeed powerful, and I DO wholly agree with your statement about forcing Satele into a duel to her death in the all-out fight, Maul is below Prime-Anakin by a... decent margin. Obviously there are those who chalk it up to a slew of outside factors but Anakin did in-fact kill Count Dooku. (Who was well above Maul himself) Granted I will concede dueling both he and Kenobi together for the rather brief time he did would have been more taxing, still my point remains largely intact.

The amount of disparity between Anakin and Maul is greater than that between Satele and Wrath. Though I will agree with the Wrath carrying enough of an advantage to likely best Satele. If by chance the weaker links against their respective opponents DO fall at the same moment (Which I find unlikely) Then it is again Anakin VS The Wrath.

I think you're underestimating Maul a bit and Anakin was in a mental state that made him perform better than he normally would when he was facing Dooku. Taking Dooku out that easily doesn't represent his true level just as much as losing to Kenobi.

What do you think would happen if Wrath faced Anakin and Satele faced Maul?

Vixas
Originally posted by Sinious
I think you're underestimating Maul a bit and Anakin was in a mental state that made him perform better than he normally would when he was facing Dooku. Taking Dooku out that easily doesn't represent his true level just as much as losing to Kenobi.

What do you think would happen if Wrath faced Anakin and Satele faced Maul?

I will admit I am not the most impressed with Darth Maul, and if you'll forgive the childish 1 - 10 rating scale I would plant him solidly at a 6, say he is being low-balled at a 5 and be being slightly gracious at 6.5/7.

As far as Anakin's mental state.... I will have to take your word for that as I am not Anakin and have not read the novelization of Episode 3.

The flip pairings of this fight is actually more interesting in a way, and better for team Wrath. As I would say Maul just barely edges Satele in sabers via skill, and his brutal/physical style akin to Malgus also helps him.

My only real question that would need to be answered would be: What happens first? Maul edging Satele out with sabers? Anakin edging Wrath out by a tiny amount with sabers? (By a tiny amount I mean a literal 52/48 on who I think would win. Enough so that were you not courteous to me I would throw my hands up and deny the ability to answer.) Or Satele defeating Maul via her force abilities?

Sinious
Originally posted by Vixas
I will admit I am not the most impressed with Darth Maul, and if you'll forgive the childish 1 - 10 rating scale I would plant him solidly at a 6, say he is being low-balled at a 5 and be being slightly gracious at 6.5/7.

Ah I see.

Meh, childish scales can't go wrong. rolling on floor laughing

thumb up

This is where I disagree with you.

Yeah, I'm gonna think about it a bit more before I side with one team.

Vixas
Originally posted by Sinious
Ah I see.

Meh, childish scales can't go wrong. rolling on floor laughing

thumb up

This is where I disagree with you.

Yeah, I'm gonna think about it a bit more before I side with one team.

*Chuckles* Well I look forward to your thoughts.

Also in the part you disagree with me over, I DID say barely so I am indeed able to be convinced by sufficient evidence. Largely shaky on it to be truthful.

Fated Xtasy
I feel that Anakin going full rage mode on Maul like he did in Jedi Quest gives the team an edge.

ILS
>trained by Sidious to near-perfection for 20 years
>give that a 6/10
http://i.imgur.com/eFxNZqE.jpg

Vixas
Originally posted by ILS
>trained by Sidious to near-perfection for 20 years
>give that a 6/10
http://i.imgur.com/eFxNZqE.jpg

I mean that with respect to a 10 being The Ones and 9 being DE Sidious and Luke etc. Also in my opinion there are individuals who can "punch above their weight class". Not to mention MANY of the individuals above Maul are those explored in GREAT detail and who are "Born with it".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.