Grom Hellscream (Warcraft) vs The Mountain (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Grommash_Hellscream

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gregor_Clegane

Grom gets Gorehowl, The Mountain gets a big ass sword.

Who wins?

Astner
Grom is superhuman. The Mountain isn't.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Grom is the superior fighter and at least as strong as the Mountain, he takes it, easily. I also think that SoIaF is rather low level fantasy, powerwise, compared to Warcraft, which is epic level. Grom would be something aroung 16th to 18th level, while the Mountain would be somewhere near 7th level in D&D terms.

Utrigita
Grom Hellscream stomps.

Omega Vision
Yeah, I thought it might be a stomp, but I wanted to see what people would say.

Thinking back, Grom killed a Demigod and a upper-mid level officer of the Burning Legion basically with just brute force.

I wonder if he were in the Marvel or DC universe where he'd stack up. Maybe Spider-Man rogue level?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah, I thought it might be a stomp, but I wanted to see what people would say.

Thinking back, Grom killed a Demigod and a upper-mid level officer of the Burning Legion basically with just brute force.

I wonder if he were in the Marvel or DC universe where he'd stack up. Maybe Spider-Man rogue level?

I think he would be on par with Sabretooth.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Grom is the superior fighter and at least as strong as the Mountain, he takes it, easily. I also think that SoIaF is rather low level fantasy, powerwise, compared to Warcraft, which is epic level. Grom would be something aroung 16th to 18th level, while the Mountain would be somewhere near 7th level in D&D terms.
What's this level system based on?

And where would other major fighters from ASoIaF place on it? Like say Jaime Lannister, Khal Drogo, Arthur Dayne, etc)

Prof. T.C McAbe

Omega Vision
Level 7 sounds low for The Mountain--I'd think he'd be a legend in "our world."

Come to think of it though, a better fight for Grom would be someone like Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors.

ScreamPaste

Come to think of it though, a better fight for Grom would be someone like Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. Do it, m80.

I have no idea what their feats are, so I'll just be watching, but do it.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Come to think of it though, a better fight for Grom would be someone like Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors.

Legend in our world would be someone from RL.

See it this way. Someone with level 9 would be a leader of one of the major houses, a great general or even King. Jaimie would be a level 10 fighter for example, Arthur Dayne a level 14, like Barristan now or Ned Stark before his death, or maybe 12. This is not only about skill but also leadership etc. I could see the Viper also as an level 10 Fighter, the way he was toying with the Mountain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.