X-Men Martial Artists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Plenty of X-Men had extensive MA training. Let's say you had to pick TOP10 as your personal bodyguards, who would they be?

No powers allowed. Just skill.

Imagine that someone like Karate Kid is coming after you, so choose wisely.

Shadow_King
Feels like 10 is a bit too much but i am thinking...cyclops/wolverine/psylocke/fantom x/domino/storm/gambit/nightcrawler...not sure who else i would pick

StiltmanFTW
Kitty Pryde and X-23, I'd suggest.

Shadow_King
Good choices...I can't believe I didn't think of x-23, very disappointed in myself...kitty i didn't think she was well trained in martial arts

StiltmanFTW
She was. Thanks to Wolverine and, more importantly, Ogun.

Shadow_King
Who would you chose for your top 10 bodyguards??

StyleTime
I know powers are off, but would bullet timers like Psylocke or Deadpool(if he counts) still be bullet timers for the thread?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Shadow_King
Who would you chose for your top 10 bodyguards??

Wolverine
Psylocke
Kitty Pryde
Storm
X-23
Cable
Bishop
Sabretooth (if we can count him)
Deadpool (same problem as with Sabes)
Revanche, maybe?

No particular order.

I feel that X-Women are generally more skilled than X-Men, at least if we talk about the main squads.

Originally posted by StyleTime
I know powers are off, but would bullet timers like Psylocke or Deadpool(if he counts) still be bullet timers for the thread?

I'd say yes, but then again... their powers might play a factor here and there. Betsy can amp herself with teke, Wade has that stats-enhancing healing factor... it's just hard to detect whenever their powers are helping them, kinda similar with Domino's luck powers or Iron Fist's chi.

Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Wolverine
2. Psylocke
3. X-23
4. Cable
5. Deadpool
6. Sabretooth
7. Kitty
8. Mystique
9. Gambit
10. Cyclops

Though without powers I wouldn't give them even 1 win against KK.

StiltmanFTW
Good list, Prof thumb up

Psylocke after her Ogun training was argued to be superior to Wolverine on KMC back in the day. But we've seen the new U-Men infiltrating Utopia with their nanobots and picking Wolverine's fighting skills as the best. Other than that, Betsy had a not-so-good showing against Daredevil in AvX. So yeah, Logan #1, Betsy #2.

Completely forgot about Mystique. Great choice.

HulkIsHulk
Any group with X Men Ma's would have Wolverine in them. And Stilt, I like your list but Sabes is the odd one out. While he's got decent MA skills his mentality is not suited to such fights

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, it's not really a job for Tooth and he's not known for playing well with others.

Let's turn CIS/CIP off for the purpose of this thread, though.

Storm can be a pretty damn good fighter when she's not relying on her powers, btw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.